Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Starting my Journey
    TampaFlorida is offline Member

Post Starting my Journey

Hello all,
    I am going to start my journey to a life without suboxone today. I have been on them for about 5 years. I used to abuse Percocet and Methadone. I wasn't aware of what methadone really is and was "taking" it from my husband when I would run out of percs.
    In 2009 I detoxed from percs/ methadone by going to a detox place. I've stayed there for 5 days and was introduced to buprenorphine shots there. After 5 daysI went home and my withdrawal started really badly the very next day. ( long story).
    I've been using subs since then. After being clean for over 40days and still having moderate withdrawal symptoms I decided to go the sub route.

Anyway, I tapered down to 8mg so far and today will be my first day on 6mg. I expect this tapper to take some time and will use this thread as a journal to help me and others.
    I am planning to stay on each dose for about 6/7 days. I know, 4 days is the norm but my body always needs some extra time to adjust. Maybe because I am very petite.
    I am 5.2 and weight about 86pounds. So, yes I am very much underweight. I have no appetite, and that's why it's so challenging for me to drop. My body doesn't have the nourishment to fight much. Unfortunately, I won't be able to change that any time soon.
    Another challenge is that I have to much time on my hands, and no motivation to do or go anywhere.
    Basically I am a disaster! (For now) On a positive note, this gives me the opportunity to change everything from the ground up!

Day 1 : 6mg . Took 4mg in the morning, and will take 2mg in the evening.
    My goal this week will be to stay hydrated and to try to eat twice a day.

In my next post I will make a list of supplements that I will be using during this tapper.

Thanks for reading everyone! I followed Ming's journey and she inspired and motivated me to follow into her footsteps!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TampaFlorida View Post
    Hello all,
    I am going to start my journey to a life without suboxone today. I have been on them for about 5 years. I used to abuse Percocet and Methadone. I wasn't aware of what methadone really is and was "taking" it from my husband when I would run out of percs.
    In 2009 I detoxed from percs/ methadone by going to a detox place. I've stayed there for 5 days and was introduced to buprenorphine shots there. After 5 daysI went home and my withdrawal started really badly the very next day. ( long story).
    I've been using subs since then. After being clean for over 40days and still having moderate withdrawal symptoms I decided to go the sub route.

Anyway, I tapered down to 8mg so far and today will be my first day on 6mg. I expect this tapper to take some time and will use this thread as a journal to help me and others.
    I am planning to stay on each dose for about 6/7 days. I know, 4 days is the norm but my body always needs some extra time to adjust. Maybe because I am very petite.
    I am 5.2 and weight about 86pounds. So, yes I am very much underweight. I have no appetite, and that's why it's so challenging for me to drop. My body doesn't have the nourishment to fight much. Unfortunately, I won't be able to change that any time soon.
    Another challenge is that I have to much time on my hands, and no motivation to do or go anywhere.
    Basically I am a disaster! (For now) On a positive note, this gives me the opportunity to change everything from the ground up!

Day 1 : 6mg . Took 4mg in the morning, and will take 2mg in the evening.
    My goal this week will be to stay hydrated and to try to eat twice a day.

In my next post I will make a list of supplements that I will be using during this tapper.

Thanks for reading everyone! I followed Ming's journey and she inspired and motivated me to follow into her footsteps!
    Hey Tampa
    Wie gehts?
    You'll be okay here on this site. You're taking 6 mgs. How long were you on 8 mgs, and Do you feel stable? The principle is: if you feel little to no wds, you can drop. Forget about a timetable! Some folks spent 4 days on dose, others spent weeks. Listen to your body and if u feel ok after at least four days, it's safe to decrease dose by 25%. If your body's not ready, stay on dose; that's the best idea.
    I am also underweight. I felt best at the lower doses to tell the truth and have been able to eat more regularly since reaching them and jumping at .125mg. What i did when i couldn't eat was consume cases of Boost and Ensure. Probably kept me alive.
    Drink a lot of water during the taper. Subs dehydrate you big time and dehydration can manifest symptoms that mimic anxiety. Drink water if u feel anxious.
    You can do this! If i could, you certainly can too!
    Here we go....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-07-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Tampa,

Folllowing in Ming's footsteps will make you another success story. Ming gave excellent advice for you to follow. You know this drill…slow and steady produces positive results. You can reduce every 4-5 days on the higher doses because the long half life keeps plenty of sub in your system. Once you get down to around 2mg you can slow it down if necessary.

Randy
    7fourteen and Ming23 like this.

Hey Tampa
    Wie geht es Dir? I hear they had riots in Koln. My family's hometown.
    Hope you're doing well. Post when u can...

Hello Ming,
    yes I heard about those riots and believe me I certainly have a strong opinion about this matter.
    Anyway, I had to restart my tapper and I am on day 2 of 2mg. I made a mistake and dosed too much on the 3 day.

Anyway, I got a list of the items I will use during my tapper. I believe I will need most of them towards the end of my tapper.
    Here's my list:

Multivitamin ( taking already). Green tea
    Omega 3 fish Oil (taking already). Melatonin
    L-thiamine , towards end of tapper. Loperamide, towards end
    Clonidine towards end. Vistlik, towards end
    Lyrica, towards end. Xanax, towards end
    Vitamin C,
    Magnesium, towards end
    Zinc, towards end

Of course, those will only be used if needed and not I a daily base. I will treat the symptoms as they appear.
    Other then that, lots of hot showers and baths, will preheat my chlothes and blankets in the dryer each time I'm freezing.
    My worst symptoms are: RLS in legs and arms, anxiety, insomnia,
    I am forcing myself to eat and drink more to have some energy during that time. I know I will loose weight during that time, however, I know that my appetite will return once I'm off the subs.

Randy, I will follow your guidance and will tapper every 4/5 days til I get to 2mgs.
    The hardest obstacle for me is to take the dose only once a day. I get cravings, which of course are psychological. Nonetheless, they sure can kick your butt. It's so annoying to have that feeling of wanting to take your evening dose. I try to distract myself and it usually lasts for about 30min and bang, cravings return.
    Anyway, will write more later.
    Thanks

Karo

Hello Ming,
    yes I heard about those riots and believe me I certainly have a strong opinion about this matter.
    Anyway, I had to restart my tapper and I am on day 2 of 2mg. I made a mistake and dosed too much on the 3 day.

Anyway, I got a list of the items I will use during my tapper. I believe I will need most of them towards the end of my tapper.
    Here's my list:

Multivitamin ( taking already). Green tea
    Omega 3 fish Oil (taking already). Melatonin
    L-thiamine , towards end of tapper. Loperamide, towards end
    Clonidine towards end. Vistlik, towards end
    Lyrica, towards end. Xanax, towards end
    Vitamin C,
    Magnesium, towards end
    Zinc, towards end

Of course, those will only be used if needed and not I a daily base. I will treat the symptoms as they appear.
    Other then that, lots of hot showers and baths, will preheat my chlothes and blankets in the dryer each time I'm freezing.
    My worst symptoms are: RLS in legs and arms, anxiety, insomnia,
    I am forcing myself to eat and drink more to have some energy during that time. I know I will loose weight during that time, however, I know that my appetite will return once I'm off the subs.

Randy, I will follow your guidance and will tapper every 4/5 days til I get to 2mgs.
    The hardest obstacle for me is to take the dose only once a day. I get cravings, which of course are psychological. Nonetheless, they sure can kick your butt. It's so annoying to have that feeling of wanting to take your evening dose. I try to distract myself and it usually lasts for about 30min and bang, cravings return.
    Anyway, will write more later.
    Thanks

Karo
    Karo
    I don't understand. If you're taking 2 mgs, why can't u take 1 mg, twice a day? I did that. I only dosed once a day when i got down to 1 mg.
    Get some Boost or Ensure. You need nutrition.

Hey Ming, I just saw I made a typo, I'm not on 2mg. I'm on day 3 of 6mg.
    Sorry about the confusion.
    I started taking t once a day since I read that it's recommended on doses above 2mg. I used to take it twice a day, but I am trying to get my body used to take it only once. What you think, should I take it once or twice? Or did I mix it up and it's the other way around?
    I am having light sweats and some insomnia. It's probably psychological, even though it feels real. I am thinking on lowering the dose on day 5, which will be on Friday.
    I know I'm doing it a bit slow, but I want to do it only once.
    I will get some boost, it's harder to do it if you already running on fumes,lol.
    My initial plan was to gain some weight first and then do the tapper but I can't do it. I just have absolutley no appetite. Therefore I don't want to waste my time trying to do A,B and C before I do the tapper.
    I'm so done with spending every month 150$ . With that money I could get some nice things for my kids or my home, or even invest it. Investing 150$ for about 6 years would give me a nice chunk of money.
    Anyway, enough of the negativity. I promised myself once I'm off the sub for good to take the first 150$ that I won't be spending on subs and go out to a nice restaurant and get some good food and wine.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey Ming, I just saw I made a typo, I'm not on 2mg. I'm on day 3 of 6mg.
    Sorry about the confusion.

I started taking t once a day since I read that it's recommended on doses above 2mg. I used to take it twice a day, but I am trying to get my body used to take it only once. What you think, should I take it once or twice? Or did I mix it up and it's the other way around?

Hi Tampa,

We usually recommend splitting the dose when your taking over 1mg per day. Once down to 1mg and under it's best to dose once daily. Saying that the very long half life of sub will hold you at least 24 hours so it's intended to be taken just once daily. Bottom line is you can take it as you yourself feel is best for you, once or twice daily. Just make sure to take it at the same time each day.

If I were you I would reuduce down to 4mg total per day beginning tomorrow. I know a 25% reduction would be 4.5mg, but 6mg is a HUGE dose and the drop to 4mg won't even be felt physically. It may have a mental effect on you, but shouldn't produce any actual symptoms. 4mg is also a HUGE dose of sub. Your body should adjust very quickly to the 4mg dose. Up to you of course, just a suggestion.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Karo
    Do what Randy says and lower the dose. He is always right about these things. You will not feel better at the higher dose and don't need it. Less is More with subs.
    Get that Boost or Ensure. Drink water. If u feel anxious, drink some water.
    I know what it's like to Not be able to eat. I can eat now, in fact, just had a bowl of oatmeal and 2 cups of chamomile tea.
    I quit cigarettes while on the taper. Had to. It was keeping me from being able to eat. In the morning, i would have coffee, cigarettes, and drugs. No room for food there!
    Now i have some food, some tea (a little coffee on occasion) and a B complex vitamin. Viel besser!!
    Drop that dose!
    You can do this! Of this, i am certain....

Hi,
    I did what Randy suggested and took only 4mg yesterday. So today will be my second day on 4mg.
    I must say however, that I am having cold sweats at night and insomnia, mild rls in the morning, and a bit unmotivated.
    I will stay on the 4mg for couple days, basically until I feel no withdrawal for 2 days. That way I get a 2 day break from it.

If I don't feel good, can I take a rescue dose of .25mg? I think having some withdrawal at a 6/4mg dose must be related to my low weight. I metabolize medications very fast. When I had surgery on my lungs couple years back, they put me on morphine every 4 hours but it would wear off after 2 and I had to suffer for 2 more before they would give me any more.
    At that Time I wasn't even addicted yet. Didn't even know you could get addicted to those meds.

But I'm determined to get off of them. I hate to always make sure to have 150$ extra each month to get the subs.
    My sub appointment is on the 19th of this month. I'm contemplating if I should tell them that I'm at a lower dose and ask for the 2mg strips. Or wait another month before I get the 2mg ones?

Hi,
    I did what Randy suggested and took only 4mg yesterday. So today will be my second day on 4mg.
    I must say however, that I am having cold sweats at night and insomnia, mild rls in the morning, and a bit unmotivated.
    I will stay on the 4mg for couple days, basically until I feel no withdrawal for 2 days. That way I get a 2 day break from it.

If I don't feel good, can I take a rescue dose of .25mg? I think having some withdrawal at a 6/4mg dose must be related to my low weight. I metabolize medications very fast. When I had surgery on my lungs couple years back, they put me on morphine every 4 hours but it would wear off after 2 and I had to suffer for 2 more before they would give me any more.
    At that Time I wasn't even addicted yet. Didn't even know you could get addicted to those meds.

But I'm determined to get off of them. I hate to always make sure to have 150$ extra each month to get the subs.
    My sub appointment is on the 19th of this month. I'm contemplating if I should tell them that I'm at a lower dose and ask for the 2mg strips. Or wait another month before I get the 2mg ones?
    Karo
    Randy has often suggested that folks ask for the 2 mg strips because they're easier to cut when u get down to the low doses.
    Have u considered taking the sub twice a day? 4 mg is still a Huge dose, believe it or not. You could take 2 mg early, and then another 2 mg 8-10 hours later, but always at the same times of day/night.
    Unfortunately, most people report that their doctors are unsympathetic about lowering their doses. But asking for them in 2 mg strips ensures that u have less to cut later. Do they cost the same? If not, i guess if it were me, i would stick with the 8 mg.
    Direct a question to Randy if unsure. It's exactly what i did when i had questions about my dose. He was always right. Even when i thought i knew better (i can be stubborn)!
    Hang in there. Get the Boost or Ensure. Have them deliver it if u can't get out. Stay hydrated so u don't get anxious.
    You can do this! It's not easy but once it's done--it's done!
    Be strong! If i can do it, anyone can, honestly...
    I am rooting for you!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-14-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks,
    My insurance covers the meds. Only thing out of pocket is the doctor visit. I think they will be ok giving me the 2mgs.
    Depends on the doctor that I will see on that particular day. They have 4 or 5 there. When I went to Germany, I got the 8 and 2mg strips no problem, but when I asked at a later time, they denied it and said, they could only prescribe 2mg if he daily dose is 6mg or less. That's bullocks. I had 2mg before with a different doctor and no problem. It's just that they figured it's better to keep people on 8mg to make it harder for them to Tapper down,
    There is one Dr. However, which is good and wants to help people. Unfortunately he gets a lot of >>>> from his collegues and patients.
    He's the only one that told me to take the meds at the exact time each day, every 8hour. He said he believes in Science, and the body can work like a clock if you keep doing it on time.
    I will request to see him next month, or maybe I be able to see him this month.
    I will try to take it twice a day. I usually get cravings if I take only 2mg instead of the whole 4 in the morning. It's psychological of course,
    Anyway, I know I'm a pain in the azz about this. It occupies many hours of my day. How to control cravings. What's the best time, best dose, best tactic and on and on it goes.
    I will be so glad to be done with it.
    How are you feeling Ming?
    Thanks Randy. I have taken your advise and taking 4mg since yesterday.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey Karo
    Hang in there. If u hit a snag, send a question to Randy because he is very wise and experienced in this field. I'm just a newbie! I can only share the little i know.
    But i made it thru the taper and one thing i do know is that you can do this!
    Got cravings on the mind? Get out of the house and go to the library, the movies, the grocery store--anyplace. Break out of the routine we develop while addicted. It will help you.
    I haven't been to AA yet, but i think i will go. Just to have others to relate to. My usual friends do not have drug problems.
    Hope that helps a little. Cravings will come and go.
    Have u eaten any food? How much water are u drinking? Did u get the Boost?
    You can do this!

Hey Ming,
    Yes I got some Boost. And I am following your suggestion to drink water each time I have cravings and it helps at times but sometimes it doesn't.
    Yes Randy is awesome. I always read his comments. I switched to take the 4mg twice a day.
    So this is my 3rd day on 4mg. Gonna stay on it til Sunday I think, just because I have some mild symptoms and don't want to drag them with me through the whole process.
    This will be my second time detoxing from subs. The first time my old doctor cut me off at 2mg. It was really bad and I ended up going to another one.
    I will keep busy, it's def. a difference if you sit at home all day long or go somewhere instead.
    Ming23 likes this.

Randy I have a question. I suppose to take the subs 8hours apart to keep my blood level same right. But what about over night? Isn't the blood level gonna be lower since it's longer then 8 hours each night?
    Has anyone every split it into 3 doses to keep it constantly at 8hours? I'm not planning on doing, so but just curious about it.
    Anther question: why is it recommended to take it only once a day under 2mg? I know the lower the dose, the faster it's out of your body, but would that not bring unnecessary wd. symptoms along as opposed of doing it twice a day?
    Otherwise, let's say you take .5mg of subs at 8am, would your blood level not plummet down towards the night, and cause wd symptoms which will be eliminated the next morning at 8am?

Randy I have a question. I suppose to take the subs 8hours apart to keep my blood level same right. But what about over night? Isn't the blood level gonna be lower since it's longer then 8 hours each night?
    Has anyone every split it into 3 doses to keep it constantly at 8hours? I'm not planning on doing, so but just curious about it.
    Anther question: why is it recommended to take it only once a day under 2mg? I know the lower the dose, the faster it's out of your body, but would that not bring unnecessary wd. symptoms along as opposed of doing it twice a day?
    Otherwise, let's say you take .5mg of subs at 8am, would your blood level not plummet down towards the night, and cause wd symptoms which will be eliminated the next morning at 8am?

Hey Karo,

Subs are actually intended to be taken just once per day. That's because the very long half half of any dose will hold you at least 24 hours before needing another dose. Taking 2 doses per day has just as much a mental effect as it does a physical one. We're addicts, and what we've always done is to take as much of whatever drug we use as often as possible. We apply that approach to subs too thinking more is better. It's actually not. But taking 2 doses per day sometimes helps us to think getting an extra dose makes us feel better. Purely mental.

Taking 3 doses per day is never recommended. That's because it displays addicitve behavior. We need to get away from that kind of thinking. Taking 2 doses of sub per day is fine, but taking one dose may be better. It depends on the individual and is their decision.

You asked why do we recommend taking one dose under 2mg? I actually recommend splitting the dose over 1mg and taking one dose when at 1mg or below. The main reason for the one dose is to get you acclimated to being off the sub in a short time as your at the end of the taper process. It would be more difficult to stop the sub if your taking 2 doses per day in my opinion verses taking just one dose.

Hope this makes sense.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Yes thanks for the explanation.
    Today is day 5 on 4mg. I have decided to give it 2 more days on this dose since I still keep having rls and cravings. The insomnia and sweats are gone. I want to make sure to not mess it up, that's why I rather stay 2 extra days on the same dose instead of rushing it and messing it up.
    Randy, did you do a 25% tapper? I think it might be better for me to do a 10% one. Otherwise, I might need more then 5 days each drop.
    Basically I am contemplating if it would be better to do 10% each 5 days, or better to do 25% and wait each time until I'm ready for next drop.
    I know that the tapper is not set in stone, and I'm trying to find he one that will work best for me. Once I figure out which is more beneficial for me, I will be more stable during the rest of the tapper.
    I rather find "my" right way at this higher dose than a way lower one.

Anyway, I m so excited to be doing this tapper. Can't wait to be on the other side and join all of you "heroes"!!!!

Ah, one more Question.
    Has anyone ever done this kind of tapper? Stay off sub. For 3 days or until in withdrawal and induct at lower dose. Stabilize for a weak and repeat.
    Would something like this work? Just wondering. Not planning on doing it that way, since I would not be able to be sick for 3days once a week. But just wonder if that would be another way to do it?

kcost is offline New Member

Hi everyone. I am so grateful to finally find some like minded people. I have been on Suboxone for approximately 1.5 years. I started at 8mg on my own without a doctor because I was so tired of pain pills. Little did I know that suboxone is heavy duty. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I should have done a quick taper but I didn't know what I was doing. I have been seeing a doctor now for about a little over a year and I want off. I keep trying to lower my dose but haven't been able to get to anything lower than 1mg then i get nervous and jump back up to a higher dose. It's mental for me.. It's the act of taking something. I am hoping to get some support here and to follow the taper plan so that I can be free of suboxone in the next month or 2. I may start another thread but I wanted to say congrats to those on here and I hope to be able to learn from you and get free of this drug once and for all. Thank you!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Welcome,
    I'm sure you will be able to get over your fear and jump with the help of this amazing people.
    Randy is an expert when it comes to subs. I know what you mean with that fear of jumping back. I had done that couple times in the past too.
    So if I understand you right, you are on 1mg right now?

Today is day 6 on 4mg.
    Still dealing with rls issues, some insomnia, and no motivation. Some light sweating.
    Rls is the worst of all symptoms. I hate it. I can deal with every other symptom but rls is just aaawwwwwhhh.
    I will have to stay at least another day on 4mg.
    It's going slower than I hoped for but I really don't want to drag the wd symptoms through the whole taper process.
    I took my 2mg at 10am but started feeling rls again 2 1/2 hours later.
    Did any of you have that problem too? That the dose wears off so to speak. It's suppose to hold me for 24hours???
    This is going to be a really long process for me. I'm thinking about taking the other 2mg earlier for today. Don't know if it will help me better?
    I'm gonna pick up a magnesium supplement today. Maybe I'm just really low on Magnesium since my nutrition isn't the best.

Yes thanks for the explanation.
    Today is day 5 on 4mg. I have decided to give it 2 more days on this dose since I still keep having rls and cravings. The insomnia and sweats are gone. I want to make sure to not mess it up, that's why I rather stay 2 extra days on the same dose instead of rushing it and messing it up.
    Randy, did you do a 25% tapper? I think it might be better for me to do a 10% one. Otherwise, I might need more then 5 days each drop.
    Basically I am contemplating if it would be better to do 10% each 5 days, or better to do 25% and wait each time until I'm ready for next drop.
    I know that the tapper is not set in stone, and I'm trying to find he one that will work best for me. Once I figure out which is more beneficial for me, I will be more stable during the rest of the tapper.
    I rather find "my" right way at this higher dose than a way lower one.

Anyway, I m so excited to be doing this tapper. Can't wait to be on the other side and join all of you "heroes"!!!!

Hey,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Just been very busy as usual with work andl life. Please don't ever stop posting as your story is a very important one. It's great that you update often. Let me get to your questions…

Yes, I basically did the 25% taper when I was on the higher dose of sub. I came from years of using Methadone and my dose got above 200mgs per day. Horrible, horrible experience. When I finally made the successful switch to subs (after going into precipitated wd's twice) it took me 8mgs to get completely stable, and I inducted correctly by using the sub plan. That's very commomn for Methadone patients, to need more sub than most others. I spent several months on the sub by choice then began tapering at the rate of 25% every 4 days.

I did that all the way down to 3mg per day. At that point I made the decision to reduce by .25mg increments and not the usual 25%. The reason I did it this way was purely for the ease of it. I didn't want to mess around with crazy fractions and cutting small doses (I had the sub pills and the film). So I went from 3mg to 2.75mg then to 2.5mg, and 2.25mg, then 2mg, 1.75mg, 1.5mg, 1.25mg and so on until I was down to .25mg per day. I was ready to jump, but made the decision to reduce once more to half of .25mg or .125mg. I stayed there a few days then made my jump. I didnlt use the day skipping process, but sure wished I had. I had a fairly painless jump, but I know without a bit of doubt the skipping would have made it even better.

The sub plan is well written and produced 1000's of success stories, but that doesn't mean it can't be tweaked a little to fit individual needs. My way worked perfectly for me.

You can spend as many days on a dose as you feel is necessary. Many that have been on sub for years need to spend a week or more on each dose sometimes. The key is not to reduce until your stable on each dose. If you feel 25% reductions is too much you can certaily reduce by 10% if you think that may be better. I suggested that to Ming and it made all the difference. But so much of this can be in your head too. Your mind and body fights because it wants more drugs. It can become as much of a mental battle as it can a physical one. Just do what YOU think is best for you.

For the RLS try Hylands Restful Legs available at most pharmacies, eat some bananas, use heating pads on your legs, and/or take some magnesium supplements. I had a bout of RLS during my detox and the very thing that worked for me was to completely "tire" my legs out before bedtime. I either walked or jogged outside or walked/jogged on my treadmill until I couldn't go any longer. The idea was to tire my legs out so they needed to sleep. And it worked. For me.

Talk to you later!

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey Randy,
    thanks for taking the time to respond. It is really appreciated and it helps a lot.
    Today I'm feeling better. It took my whole 4mg yesterday instead of splitting it up. Maybe that did the trick, or maybe I finally adjusted.
    If all goes well for the next 2 days, I will drop to 3.75mg and see how it goes. Maybe it will take me less time with smaller drops and thus it will be quicker than big drops.
    Reading other peoples threads, I think that your way is better then the original Robert taper. 10% taper or .25mg seems to help many people.
    I had no problem doing 25% drops until I got to 6mg. That seems to be my ceiling and anything below occupies less receptors. And that's where I think those smaller numbers come into play. Its when your brain isn't fully saturated.
    From that point on it depends on the person how much wd they feel and how they can manage it.
    However Subs can be unpredictable too. Im small and 4mg for me is way stronger than 4mg for a big guy. Normally I would assume that the bigger guy should have a harder time with the same amount. Different experiences show that this is not the case. Sub is truly a very unique medication.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-20-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Well I spoke too soon. Had a really tuff night. Could not sleep and really restless with that icky feeling.
    Let's see how tonight will come along. I guess another night at 4mg won't kill me.
    Looking forward to drop soon. If I am having hard time at 4mg, I better take it slow.
    I guess my ceiling effect was at around 6mg since I Had no problems at that dose. So, on a positive note if I am having wd symptoms at 4mg, my brain isn't saturated all the way, thus my brain kick started its own neuro production.
    So each time I drop and have wd I will know that my brain has been freed up some more.
    It's kinda a good feeling to know that the lower you get the more your own brain takes over. Each time I adjust to a new dose, my brain has rebuild some receptors and it's producing its own neurotransmitters.

Each drop I will wait until I'm 100% ok. I've been on this med a long time. Little longer won't make a difference. Like Randy says: If you do it right, you only have to do it once.
    Ming23 and Hearshot_Kid like this.

Hey Tampa
    You're right! Patience is a by-product of the taper! When i started my taper, i planned on being done in 2-months. Hahaha
    It took me 4 months! You can't drop til you're stable, so all the best laid plans of mice and men will not enable us to drop before the Body is ready.
    How much we drop each time is variable. Let Randy help you with the dosage.
    How's the Boost tasting? I lived on it for months. Just make sure you're drinking enough water too. Don't want to get dehydrated because it makes u feel like anxiety rather than thirst. Funny how that works.
    In time, this taper will end and you'll never have to do it again. Hang in there!
    Gutte reise!

Hey Ming,
    The suggestion with the water works like a charm. Each time I get cravings I either drink or eat something.
    The boost is def. helping too. I am able to eat a little better this week too.
    Tomorrow is my sub appointment. I will ask for the 2mg strips. It will be easier to tapper that way. Alone the psychological effect of taking a bigger strip helps me with tapering.
    Monday will be my next dose reduction. Still have insomnia but that's to be expected anyway.
    Once I'm down to 2mg, I might take a "small break" by staying on that dose for about 1 extra week once symptoms are gone.
    It keeps my sanity. Otherwise I will get discouraged if I'm in withdrawal for weeks on.
    Anyway, thanks for checking on me. It truly means a lot to me. Alone the knowledge that others want to see you succeed and take the time to check on you is a big help.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey Tampa
    Yes, knowing that somewhere out here in cyberspace there are others who know exactly what you're going thru helps a lot.
    I felt so isolated when i started my thread. Plus, our brains are still saturated with drugs in the beginning so our thoughts are skewed.
    How lucky were we to decide to get off the subs und alles anderes.
    Heute habe Ich Geburtstag. Woohoo

Hearshot_Kid is offline Junior Member

Tampa, keep rocking that taper and do what feels right for your body. I've been on subs for like 8 years, and I thought I'd never be able to come off. I listened to the horror stories about how your brain can't repair itself. Ha, no! If you've felt WDs and then stabilized, your brain is already in repair mode. I'm glad I pushed, I'm down to .25 mg and holding steady for now. Like others said, it may take you longer than four days to stabilize so listen to your body. I'm on day 6 of the drop and still feeling some WDs but it gets better every day. You've got a good plan and a good attitude, you're gonna do this!! Soon you'll be on the other side, keep positive
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-24-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Hello Ming,

Ich wunsche dir alles Gute zum Geburtstag.
    Viel Gluck, viel Geld, und viel Spass!!!!!

Sorry I missed your Birthday. Was not online for couple of days. I hope the belated birthday wishes are well received.
    Ming23 likes this.

Tampa
    Danka sehr!! Und wie geht es Dir heute? Gute, ich hoffe.
    Ess doch mal! Trink etwas!
    Zum wohlsein!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast