Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Starting a short subutex taper for Roxy addiction
    Eklypised is offline New Member

Default Starting a short subutex taper for Roxy addiction

So I've been a opiate addict for 10 years. Took Suboxone for over a year in 2013-14 and got back on pills. Right now I'm at about 250mg per day of roxy 30s. Tomm or Saturday I will start a sub taper. I plan on getting 3 8mg subs and start off with 4mg and work my way from their. I don't wanna be on them for any longer than I have to because I know how addictive they are and how hard they are to come off themselves. What's a good 5-6 day taper mg for mg?

Thanks

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eklypised View Post
    So I've been a opiate addict for 10 years. Took Suboxone for over a year in 2013-14 and got back on pills. Right now I'm at about 250mg per day of roxy 30s. Tomm or Saturday I will start a sub taper. I plan on getting 3 8mg subs and start off with 4mg and work my way from their. I don't wanna be on them for any longer than I have to because I know how addictive they are and how hard they are to come off themselves. What's a good 5-6 day taper mg for mg?

Thanks
    Hey Eklypised
    As a rule, the Elders on this forum do not suggest the short short taper because of its lack of success.
    That being said, check out Catrina's thread. She quit an equally high dose of pills CT and says it only takes a week. It's like having the flu. She's also on the Presc Drug forum and on Need to Talk.
    These pills are short-acting opiates and can be detoxed in One Week! Why use subs?
    And 4 mg of subs is a HUGE dose! Have u read the Sub Taper Sheet at the top of the Sub Forum page? It is strongly suggested that one induct at very very very low doses. As in .5 mg (1/2 of one mg) as an initial dose once one has reached a 26 on the Cows worksheet. Precipitated WDs is no fun and u don't want to have that happen.
    Post when u can. Reach out to Randy as well. These folks have walked in your shoes and made it! Look for their footprints on the boards--it will help you greatly.
    You could be clean in a week without the subs!
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eklypised View Post

Thanks

Welcome!

I'm afraid there is no real good 5-6 day taper plan using the subs. The success rate is very low using them in that manner. You shouldn't be on subs for months or years, but long enough to curb addictive thoughts and behaviors then begin the taper process. Our sub plan used here takes around 6-8 weeks and that's just about the right time frame. Not saying you can't be successful doing it the way you plan, but the relapse rate is very high. That's just the facts.

Subs should always be your last resort to get clean after attempting all other methods first. Try tapering your drug of choice, try CT first, and if neither of those prove successful then subs may be right for you. I would really attempt to go CT as Ming mentioned first. You'll have about a weeks worth of symptoms with days 3-4 usually being the worst of it. Then the physical symptoms pass quickly.

If you do make the decision to go with the subs then PLEASE don't take 4mg as your first dose. That's a HUGE amount as Ming also said. Sub is so strong and people underestimate it's strength all the time. Sub is best when taken in SMALL doses and not large amounts like other opiates. Sub is a less is more med.

Start your induction with a .5mg dose and wait a full hour. Then add doses of .25mg until stable. The goal is to be on the LOWEST possible dose and not the highest.

Read all the threads and posts you can. Lots of members didn't use subs and are now clean. Success can be yours if you truly want it bad enough.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.