Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 330
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
  1. #271
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    On a positive note, if I pass the drug test, I have a job. I'm really pissed at myself for taking 8mg's. I've been doing so good. I let myself down.

  2. #272
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Hey Cowboy - Do you want the good news first or the bad? Ok the good news is I shake your hand and congratulate you for telling on yourself that you took that 8mg dose. Now the bad news is that yicky feeling you have in your lower extremities is me kicking you in the buffalo chips for taking that 8mg dose!!! Lol. WTH?

    I suspect you had just gotten your script as you said and knew you had a bunch of subs so you decided to take one. Addictive behavior maybe? Ok, I'm done pounding on you. You know better than that.

    I am gonna agree with Kat and suggest you skip the next few days, but it's REALLY gonna be rough to do so. Of course I also took more than I should have a time or two, so you can kick me also. Lol. I know how it is, been there, done that, more than once. I'm an addict too - and a real good one.

    It will probably be fairly easy to skip a dose tomorrow because you'll be feeling ok most of the day and night. But the following day your brain begins messing with you and that little voice in the back of your head tells you to go ahead and dose. You have to remain firm to get past those next few days, but you can do it.

    Yes, I'm still in your corner supporting you Chris - always will be. Don't you dare mess up again or one of the others might be kicking you next time!!! Lol. Hang in there - it's gonna be ok.


    P.S. Good luck on the job!!!

  3. #273
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Cowboy - Do you want the good news first or the bad? Ok the good news is I shake your hand and congratulate you for telling on yourself that you took that 8mg dose. Now the bad news is that yicky feeling you have in your lower extremities is me kicking you in the buffalo chips for taking that 8mg dose!!! Lol. WTH?

    I suspect you had just gotten your script as you said and knew you had a bunch of subs so you decided to take one. Addictive behavior maybe? Ok, I'm done pounding on you. You know better than that.

    I am gonna agree with Kat and suggest you skip the next few days, but it's REALLY gonna be rough to do so. Of course I also took more than I should have a time or two, so you can kick me also. Lol. I know how it is, been there, done that, more than once. I'm an addict too - and a real good one.

    It will probably be fairly easy to skip a dose tomorrow because you'll be feeling ok most of the day and night. But the following day your brain begins messing with you and that little voice in the back of your head tells you to go ahead and dose. You have to remain firm to get past those next few days, but you can do it.

    Yes, I'm still in your corner supporting you Chris - always will be. Don't you dare mess up again or one of the others might be kicking you next time!!! Lol. Hang in there - it's gonna be ok.


    P.S. Good luck on the job!!!
    Hi Randy! Thanks for the support. I figured it won't be easy. It's nice to know I'm not the only one to have done this. I'm still motivated to quit, so I'm going to tough out the three days and just keep reminding myself that it will get better. Thanks again Randy!

  4. #274
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Cowboy - Do you want the good news first or the bad? Ok the good news is I shake your hand and congratulate you for telling on yourself that you took that 8mg dose. Now the bad news is that yicky feeling you have in your lower extremities is me kicking you in the buffalo chips for taking that 8mg dose!!! Lol. WTH?

    I suspect you had just gotten your script as you said and knew you had a bunch of subs so you decided to take one. Addictive behavior maybe? Ok, I'm done pounding on you. You know better than that.

    I am gonna agree with Kat and suggest you skip the next few days, but it's REALLY gonna be rough to do so. Of course I also took more than I should have a time or two, so you can kick me also. Lol. I know how it is, been there, done that, more than once. I'm an addict too - and a real good one.

    It will probably be fairly easy to skip a dose tomorrow because you'll be feeling ok most of the day and night. But the following day your brain begins messing with you and that little voice in the back of your head tells you to go ahead and dose. You have to remain firm to get past those next few days, but you can do it.

    Yes, I'm still in your corner supporting you Chris - always will be. Don't you dare mess up again or one of the others might be kicking you next time!!! Lol. Hang in there - it's gonna be ok.


    P.S. Good luck on the job!!!
    Lmao @ "buffalo chips"...
    Randy35, iloerose and Iluv2smile like this.

  5. #275
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    An interesting side note is that I'm continuing to nod off even at this higher dose, so it must be something other than the dosage that is driving that effect.

  6. #276
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    What I'm thinking is to go tomorrow and the next day with nothing and then dose near the 72 hour mark.

  7. #277
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Chris: Remember what has been said about getting at or below the 3mg. mark? Can't remember who pointed out that people usually feel better, so I'm betting some of that "nodding" off feeling will go away once you get straight with your sub. Follow Kat, Randy and Alex's advice. You'll get back on track. Stuff happens we just have to note our missteps and move forward. One day at a time. Get to some meetings. It will help to have the face to face comradeship of others.

    Congratulations on the job!!!!!

    Peace,

    Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  8. #278
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio, , .
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    What I'm thinking is to go tomorrow and the next day with nothing and then dose near the 72 hour mark.
    Chris sorry to read that you ended up taking a full 8 mg strip earlier. You mentioned you were feeling under the weather when you picked up your script so you took the strip. I know the nods you have been experiencing are not a pleasant thing to be going thru and your wanting to wean down and see if they vanish. I was wondering if when you were at 4.5 if you were getting the nods there. With 8 mg today skipping tomorrow should be no problem. The following day I would try to skip it also but if you end up dosing then I would try to hold off dosing until as late in the day as you can. It will probably be more of a mental battle then anything else. Best wishes to you getting back on track and I will talk to you later.

    Alex

  9. #279
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris sorry to read that you ended up taking a full 8 mg strip earlier. You mentioned you were feeling under the weather when you picked up your script so you took the strip. I know the nods you have been experiencing are not a pleasant thing to be going thru and your wanting to wean down and see if they vanish. I was wondering if when you were at 4.5 if you were getting the nods there. With 8 mg today skipping tomorrow should be no problem. The following day I would try to skip it also but if you end up dosing then I would try to hold off dosing until as late in the day as you can. It will probably be more of a mental battle then anything else. Best wishes to you getting back on track and I will talk to you later.

    Alex
    Hi Alex, I did have the nods at 4.5, but it seemed to be less often. In fact it was infrequent. Thanks for the advice and support!

  10. #280
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris sorry to read that you ended up taking a full 8 mg strip earlier. You mentioned you were feeling under the weather when you picked up your script so you took the strip. I know the nods you have been experiencing are not a pleasant thing to be going thru and your wanting to wean down and see if they vanish. I was wondering if when you were at 4.5 if you were getting the nods there. With 8 mg today skipping tomorrow should be no problem. The following day I would try to skip it also but if you end up dosing then I would try to hold off dosing until as late in the day as you can. It will probably be more of a mental battle then anything else. Best wishes to you getting back on track and I will talk to you later.

    Alex
    And they were not there at all when at 6. It seems as though the longer I am on Suboxone, the more pronounced the side effects.

  11. #281
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Chris: Remember what has been said about getting at or below the 3mg. mark? Can't remember who pointed out that people usually feel better, so I'm betting some of that "nodding" off feeling will go away once you get straight with your sub. Follow Kat, Randy and Alex's advice. You'll get back on track. Stuff happens we just have to note our missteps and move forward. One day at a time. Get to some meetings. It will help to have the face to face comradeship of others.

    Congratulations on the job!!!!!

    Peace,

    Iloerose
    Hi Iloerose, I've been going to meetings regularly, and you're right, it always helps to listen to others. Take care and thank you.
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

  12. #282
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Hi! Right now I find myself wanting to take my afternoon dose. This morning I went to a meeting, came home and proceeded to clean the house in order to keep myself busy. The way it's going, I'm going to have to hit another meeting because I feel that I might take the afternoon dose. If I'm struggling like this now, I can only guess that tomorrow will be aweful. My mood is really bad. On a positive note, I found out my insurance is covering about 90% of what the doctor visits have been costing me. The temptation is there to screw this up.

  13. #283
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    And after taking that 8mgs I now know that relief is right here. Suboxone in that dose has an almost Norcoish effect on me. I become content, and social, and now that I know I can afford this as a maintenance drug I'm really struggling with it.

  14. #284
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I went to another meeting, and I'm glad I did. I feel better and I'm probably not going to drop tonight. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. If tomorrow I decide to, it won't be the end of the world. As others have said, the mental aspect of this can be rough. It would be nice to find a Suboxone support group nearby, but I have 3 AA clubs within 30 minutes of here so there's no excuse not to go. I'm gonna take a hot shower and listen to some relaxing music. I really need to find a sponsor. Tomorrow is another day.

  15. #285
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio, , .
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Hi! Right now I find myself wanting to take my afternoon dose. This morning I went to a meeting, came home and proceeded to clean the house in order to keep myself busy. The way it's going, I'm going to have to hit another meeting because I feel that I might take the afternoon dose. If I'm struggling like this now, I can only guess that tomorrow will be aweful. My mood is really bad. On a positive note, I found out my insurance is covering about 90% of what the doctor visits have been costing me. The temptation is there to screw this up.
    Chris you say you find yourself wanting to take your afternoon dose now and I am wondering if it is because you are use to taking an afternoon dose and its because of that which I guess would be more mental then anything else. How are you feeling right now from a physical point of view. No two people are alike and what works for one person fine might not be the case with a different person. I have to admit the nods thing you are going thru right now is a little bit of puzzling to me. There is a difference between the nods you have been mentioning and a lack of energy. When I first started subs at way to high of a dose then what I needed I went thru a wired up feeling I believe because it was way to high off a dose to be on. It was my body adapting to subs and it went away after a few days. You mentioned that know that you can affored this as a maintenance drug that you are really struggling with it. I hope you can overcome the struggle there as while it may seem appealing to you right now it is something that members here who have ended up on subs for long periods of time really end up regretting. Chris I am by ne means any kind of expert on suboxone and never have considered myself one. I spent a total of 4 months on subs and prior to going to the clinic here and being put on suboxone never once used it over my years of opiate use. I started suboxone in Aug of 2012 and when I first started subs I was not aware of the forums here. I do not recall how long I had been on subs before I stumbled across the forums here but it was probably after a good month or so. At first I just lurked here and did not post for awhile before I posted on another members thread. In those 2 years I have spent hundreds of hours here reading threads and have posted on a lot of threads and became friends with several members here and have had the pleasure of watching several members use subs and eventually taper off and become clean. I have always felt more comfortable trying to offer any kinds of suggestions to people that are just inducting on subs opposed to someone that has been on subs long term as I was not on subs for a long period of time but was like you are a person who inducted on subs and are following the taper plan here to get clean. Yesterday when you picked up your script prior to you doctors appointment and took the whole strip I am wondering if you took the whole strip as a matter of it being just easy to take the whole strip as opposed to try to fold it and say take 4 mg. You said you were feeling a bit under the weather and seeing how you were going in to see your doctor I am guessing here that you did not want to visit him not feeling decent. Thes are just some guesses here from me. Another thing is are you sure you were completely stable at 3.5 when you had dropped to 2.75 just the day before. I could be totally wrong here and I hope Randy or some other member here might feel free to disagree with me and point it out as sometimes what I suggest I do not clearly think thru and it does not hurt my pride or ego one bit when another member points it out. I wish the nodding out part was not affecting you as it sort of is a bit baffling and just makes the guessing part here a bit more complicated the way I am looking at it. First off Chris I hope you do not get discouraged by what is happening right now as you have only been on subs about a month so this can still be worked out fine for you. I might be completely wrong here but I am starting to wonder about the nods being caused from taking to much subs. The reason I say that is because they seem to be getting more frequent as you lower your dose. I am by no means here trying to suggest to you go back to 4.5 to get rid off the nods as that would be defeating the purpose of tapering. Another guess on my part is you are a person that it takes awhile for your body to fully adjust to subs but after a month I would think that probably is not it. I have rambled pretty well here and I don't know if this post has done any good by posting it or just made things a little more confusing to you which I hope it has not. Before I go I do want to mention to you about a member here that has been tapering here for a very long period of time. I am just mentioning it in case the following does occur to you while you continue your journey here. You mentioned struggling with the fact right now that you can afford subs as a maintenance drug. The members name is systolic_suckerpunch and for a very long period of time she struggled with tapering subs. She was constantly flip flopping her sub use. She would be tapering and get down to a certain dose and she had a lot of extra strips. In her case it was usually something that would set her off and she was constantly taking more subs then what her dose was suppose to be that day. Every time one of us asked her if taking the extra subs that day made her feel any better and her answer was no every time. I just mention that because of the fact you mentioned your current struggle with using it for maintenance. I do not know if you got by taking your afternoon dose but keep us informed as to how you are doing so we can be here to support you. Talk with you later and good luck.

    Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and Firefire like this.

  16. #286
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio, , .
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    I went to another meeting, and I'm glad I did. I feel better and I'm probably not going to drop tonight. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. If tomorrow I decide to, it won't be the end of the world. As others have said, the mental aspect of this can be rough. It would be nice to find a Suboxone support group nearby, but I have 3 AA clubs within 30 minutes of here so there's no excuse not to go. I'm gonna take a hot shower and listen to some relaxing music. I really need to find a sponsor. Tomorrow is another day.
    Chris my post to you was so long I did not see this before I posted to you. Good to see you got another meeting in.

    Alex

  17. #287
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    I went to another meeting, and I'm glad I did. I feel better and I'm probably not going to drop tonight. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. If tomorrow I decide to, it won't be the end of the world. As others have said, the mental aspect of this can be rough. It would be nice to find a Suboxone support group nearby, but I have 3 AA clubs within 30 minutes of here so there's no excuse not to go. I'm gonna take a hot shower and listen to some relaxing music. I really need to find a sponsor. Tomorrow is another day.

    Hey Chris - GREAT job attending those meetings! I promise it WILL make a difference. In finding a sponsor try chatting with as many of the guys as you can in those meetings. Get a feel for who's who amongst the regulars that attend. Sooner or later one or more of them will "stand out" and you'll click with them. Make sure any sponsor you're considering asking for the job has at LEAST one year's clean time behind them. The more the better. You'll know when the right guy comes around.

    I really do believe the LOWER you get in dose those "nods" will begin disappearing. I said earlier that the dose you're on at the time might have been too "high" for you and what I should have said was that it might be too "STRONG for YOU personally. A dose of 3-4mgs might not affect one person, but in another it may have all kinds of circumstances like give you the nods. I think once you get to around 2mg those nods will be just a memory.

    A successful sub taper usually comes down to one or two things in most cases - the addict really WANTS to be off the sub - and they are READY to be off. Maybe you should consider slowing down a tiny bit to sorta re-group. I'm not saying you aren't ready, but sometimes we get in a rut and really begin to OVERTHINK everything in this process. Let your body be your guide. Listen to yourself and you'll know when the time is right to progress further.

    I told you that skipping 2-3 doses would mess with your head. You have PLENTY of sub in your system with that 8mg to make it through those 2-3 days, but your brain gets in the way telling you it's a MUST to take that dose. And you have PLENTY of subs on hand so why not?

    There's NO HARM at all dosing tomorrow. But just make CERTAIN you don't repeat what you did earlier. Stay on track, dose at the same time each day and forget subs til the following day. It's like taking vitamins - you take one each morning and it's never a thought until the following day. Right? Try to do the same with subs and you'll be fine.

    Don't think for a second you're not doing well because you ARE Chris. You'll be free and clean shortly. Then life really BEGINS for you my friend!!!!
    alexnt and Iluv2smile like this.

  18. #288
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Hi Alex, wow! Thanks for sharing that. By saying I felt under the weather, I meant that I had mild withdrawal symptoms. My sinuses were screwed up and I was having the occasional hot flash. The reason I took a whole strip is really just the addict in me. I just hurriedly ripped open a package and dropped it while driving. The nods are something that is a mystery to me as well. They come without warning and it's like being on oxy, accept there's no euphoria with it. They started somewhere between the dosage of 4.5 and lower. I am not exhausted, as I'm sleeping a good 8 hours a night. The 8 mg strip I ok yesterday is the first time I took more Suboxone than I have posted here. I realize it may sound like I'm taking more, but what would it accomplish to lie about it? I'm not offended that you would suggest that though. Addicts are tremendous liars : ). I'm wrestling with maintenance, but truthfully I know that isn't an option. I'm not interested in prolonging this and with the weight gain and nods, it's out of the question. I'm on a tablet and I can't go through and read your post to make sure I commented on everything you said, but I hope I responded to all that you said. I really an grateful you are Taking the time to respond to my posts. Thank you Alex!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-22-2014 at 04:04 AM.

  19. #289
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - GREAT job attending those meetings! I promise it WILL make a difference. In finding a sponsor try chatting with as many of the guys as you can in those meetings. Get a feel for who's who amongst the regulars that attend. Sooner or later one or more of them will "stand out" and you'll click with them. Make sure any sponsor you're considering asking for the job has at LEAST one year's clean time behind them. The more the better. You'll know when the right guy comes around.

    I really do believe the LOWER you get in dose those "nods" will begin disappearing. I said earlier that the dose you're on at the time might have been too "high" for you and what I should have said was that it might be too "STRONG for YOU personally. A dose of 3-4mgs might not affect one person, but in another it may have all kinds of circumstances like give you the nods. I think once you get to around 2mg those nods will be just a memory.

    A successful sub taper usually comes down to one or two things in most cases - the addict really WANTS to be off the sub - and they are READY to be off. Maybe you should consider slowing down a tiny bit to sorta re-group. I'm not saying you aren't ready, but sometimes we get in a rut and really begin to OVERTHINK everything in this process. Let your body be your guide. Listen to yourself and you'll know when the time is right to progress further.

    I told you that skipping 2-3 doses would mess with your head. You have PLENTY of sub in your system with that 8mg to make it through those 2-3 days, but your brain gets in the way telling you it's a MUST to take that dose. And you have PLENTY of subs on hand so why not?

    There's NO HARM at all dosing tomorrow. But just make CERTAIN you don't repeat what you did earlier. Stay on track, dose at the same time each day and forget subs til the following day. It's like taking vitamins - you take one each morning and it's never a thought until the following day. Right? Try to do the same with subs and you'll be fine.

    Don't think for a second you're not doing well because you ARE Chris. You'll be free and clean shortly. Then life really BEGINS for you my friend!!!!
    Hi Randy, thanks so much for the support. The problem I'm having with finding a sponsor is that I'm not willing to tell anyone at a meeting that I'm on Suboxone, as I've seen the response some members have. I was hoping that I could wait until I'm 100% sober,but that is starting to get hard. I feel I need to take a chance and tell someone at the meetings I'm going to, but it's a risk. I'm weighing that option carefully. Thanks for the suggestions and have a great night!

  20. #290
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I just swore, I hope that doesn't get me banned, to the moderate I'm sorry, it was my sorry attempt at humor.

  21. #291
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio, , .
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Hi Alex, wow! Thanks for sharing that. By saying I felt under the weather, I meant that I had mild withdrawal symptoms. My sinuses were screwed up and I was having the occasional hot flash. The reason I took a whole strip is really just the addict in me. I just hurriedly ripped open a package and dropped it while driving. The nods are something that is a mystery to me as well. They come without warning and it's like being on oxy, accept there's no euphoria with it. They started somewhere between the dosage of 4.5 and lower. I am not exhausted, as I'm sleeping a good 8 hours a night. The 8 mg strip I ok yesterday is the first time I took more Suboxone than I have posted here. I realize it may sound like I'm taking more, but what would it accomplish to lie about it? I'm not offended that you would suggest that though. Addicts are tremendous bull>>>>ers. : ). I'm wrestling with maintenance, but truthfully I know that isn't an option. I'm not interested in prolonging this and with the weight gain and nods, it's out of the question. I'm on a tablet and I can't go through and read your post to make sure I commented on everything you said, but I hope I responded to all that you said. I really an grateful you are Taking the time to respond to my posts. Thank you Alex!
    Chris in the long post I made to you if it looked like I was suggesting you had taken more subs then what you were saying you were taking I worded something wrong there. I just glanced over my post and lol its so long I cant find where it appears I was doubting you. I am sorry if it appeared like I was doubting you as I was not and I believe you have been following the taper like you have stated. Like you said what would it accomplish by lying. Once again I am sorry if it appeared I was doubting you as I was not.

    Alex

  22. #292
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Hi Randy, thanks so much for the support. The problem I'm having with finding a sponsor is that I'm not willing to tell anyone at a meeting that I'm on Suboxone, as I've seen the response some members have. I was hoping that I could wait until I'm 100% sober,but that is starting to get hard. I feel I need to take a chance and tell someone at the meetings I'm going to, but it's a risk. I'm weighing that option carefully. Thanks for the suggestions and have a great night!
    That whole thing just ticks me right off. I'm so tired of certain people at meetings acting as if being on Sub or tapering off Sub is somehow worse than chugging handfuls of pills or downing liquor. I simply don't understand the prejudice. What is the big effing deal anyway? People who judge others at an AA or NA meeting are COMPLETELY missing the point of meetings. And who is anyone to say what's not acceptable in terms of substances? Who died and made them the drug abuse authority? Seriously, it makes me crazy...obviously, lol.

    Chris, I know what you mean and I felt the same way at first. There was some old timer in my home group who didn't like the Sub thing. Frankly, I don't give a damn what he "likes". Just because he got clean during the Stone Age before Sub was available - not my problem! It seems to me that people who have a "problem" with Sub are usually much older and didn't have the option to use it as a detox tool. Bitter much? Lol..

    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-22-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Randy35, Iluv2smile and Firefire like this.

  23. #293
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris in the long post I made to you if it looked like I was suggesting you had taken more subs then what you were saying you were taking I worded something wrong there. I just glanced over my post and lol its so long I cant find where it appears I was doubting you. I am sorry if it appeared like I was doubting you as I was not and I believe you have been following the taper like you have stated. Like you said what would it accomplish by lying. Once again I am sorry if it appeared I was doubting you as I was not.

    Alex
    Hi Alex, oh, where you said, "You've been taking too much Sub", I thought that meant more than I've been saying, lol. Sorry about that. Take care and thanks.

  24. #294
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    That whole thing just ticks me right off. I'm so tired of certain people at meetings acting as if being on Sub or tapering off Sub is somehow worse than chugging handfuls of pills or downing liquor. I simply don't understand the prejudice. What is the big effing deal anyway? People who judge others at an AA or NA meeting are COMPLETELY missing the point of meetings. And who is anyone to say what's not acceptable in terms of substances? Who died and made them the drug abuse authority? Seriously, it makes me crazy...obviously, lol.

    Chris, I know what you mean and I felt the same way at first. There was some old timer in my home group who didn't like the Sub thing. Frankly, I don't give a damn what he "likes". Just because he got clean during the Stone Age before Sub was available - not my problem! It seems to me that people who have a "problem" with Sub are usually much older and didn't have the option to use it as a detox tool. Bitter much? Lol..

    Kat
    I agree Kat, the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop, right? VERY FRUSTRATING! Take care and thanks!
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

  25. #295
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    The mind is a powerful thing. I'm starting to believe that my mind is creating withdrawal symptoms at times. Right now I have minor withdrawal symptoms again and it has only been about 36 hours since the 8mg strip. It's impossible for it to be real. I'm going to continue on without dosing.
    Iluv2smile and Randy35 like this.

  26. #296
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    I agree Kat, the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop, right? VERY FRUSTRATING! Take care and thanks!
    I didn't tell a single person I was on subs because I knew the kind of stigma many in the fellowship placed on it. I didn't even tell my sponsor until we had met several times, but my dose was very low and I was nearly off. I ended up in AA verses NA for my home group.

    I had a much better fit there, and both use the same 12 steps so it hardly mattered. It seemed, to ME, that NA had many that just din't want to be there, they could care less if they were clean or not. Many were there because of court orders, etc and sometimes disrupted meetings.

    AA had more of the "older and wiser" members I found. I'm a fairly young guy, but I wanted the knowledge and wisdom these guys shared. They just seemed to be much more serious in AA. I eventually went back to NA meetings and made some great fiends! AS long as you're going it really doesn't matter which.

    I would suggest you keep the sub use to yourself, for now at least. The time will be right to let a sponsor know, and by then you may even be off!!! Doing great buddy!!!! Have a nice weekend!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

  27. #297
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    I didn't tell a single person I was on subs because I knew the kind of stigma many in the fellowship placed on it. I didn't even tell my sponsor until we had met several times, but my dose was very low and I was nearly off. I ended up in AA verses NA for my home group.

    I had a much better fit there, and both use the same 12 steps so it hardly mattered. It seemed, to ME, that NA had many that just din't want to be there, they could care less if they were clean or not. Many were there because of court orders, etc and sometimes disrupted meetings.

    AA had more of the "older and wiser" members I found. I'm a fairly young guy, but I wanted the knowledge and wisdom these guys shared. They just seemed to be much more serious in AA. I eventually went back to NA meetings and made some great fiends! AS long as you're going it really doesn't matter which.

    I would suggest you keep the sub use to yourself, for now at least. The time will be right to let a sponsor know, and by then you may even be off!!! Doing great buddy!!!! Have a nice weekend!
    My experience with NA has been the same as yours. Thanks for the adivce, will do!

  28. #298
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    About 10 minutes ago I took 1.25mg's. It's what my afternoon dose was before I took the 8mg dose on Thursday. I'm going to resume taking 1.5mg's in the morning and 1.25 in the afternoon, bringing me to 2.75 for the day. You people have told me over and over the mental aspect of this is rough and until yesterday and today, I don't think I fully understood that. Now I do. I'm really ready to resume tapering and in 4-6 days I'll begin that. Providing that I'm stable. I went to a meeting this morning and I'm considering another this evening. I really need to be around people who understand. I've been very short tempered lately. I'm having to work hard to keep from saying the wrong thing. It seems as though when I go to more meetings, I'm better able to do that. The goal is 90 meetings in 90 days, and if I do more, great. I'm starting to wonder if I should take that job. It's not vital that I work right now. It might be best to work on my recovery first. This is where a sponsor would help. Thanks for all your help so far!

  29. #299
    chrisgt46 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Now that I think about it, I should wait at least 5 days before tapering again, right?

  30. #300
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    You are right!
    The mind is very powerful !
    How many years our minds told us to take pills or we will just take 1 ?
    All ended up being BS right..
    Now that we know the truth it is up to us to discern the truths from the lies..

    We can't be responsible for what we don't know but once we know..
    Well there ain't no excuses..
    Darn this recovery thing .. Makes us grow up!

    I prefer AA to NA too mainly because of the time and my spiritual workshop I attend is based on the Big book of AA
    Where ever you can find hope .. We don't need to relive the using stories..
    Been there ... Done that..right?
    You are doing great..
    Keep on Keepin on!
    It is honesty that will keep us clean..
    You did it!!
    Take care
    Iluv2

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. starting suboxone
    By klayton in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 06:12 PM
  2. Starting Suboxone
    By skeet9924 in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22