Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    You are right!
    The mind is very powerful !
    How many years our minds told us to take pills or we will just take 1 ?
    All ended up being BS right..
    Now that we know the truth it is up to us to discern the truths from the lies..

We can't be responsible for what we don't know but once we know..
    Well there ain't no excuses..
    Darn this recovery thing .. Makes us grow up!

I prefer AA to NA too mainly because of the time and my spiritual workshop I attend is based on the Big book of AA
    Where ever you can find hope .. We don't need to relive the using stories..
    Been there ... Done that..right?
    You are doing great..
    Keep on Keepin on!
    It is honesty that will keep us clean..
    You did it!!
    Take care
    Iluv2

Sounds like words of wisdom to me! Thanks iluv!

I think I'm going to take Randy's advice and slow down a bit. I'm going to go 7 days before my next drop. I wound up going to a second meeting today, but still haven't found a sponsor. I feel good tonight. My mood is better. I see no reason to add to this before I'm ready to taper again, unless something changes. Rock on!

I've decided not to wait. Tomorrow I'm going to taper to 2mg's. If in time I have any problems I'll do as Robert said and take a sliver. As I said, I'm afraid of Suboxone. I want off. If I have to endure some withdrawal symptoms along the way, so be it.

I've been doing a lot of research. I have a ton of free time on my hands. Everything I've found suggests that the longer you stay on Suboxone, the greater your chance of PAWS.

I've jumped from 300mg's of Oxy before and lasted more than a month. I've got this time while unemployed to do this, and I'm going to trade time for feeling under the weather.

It's time to man up and deal with this. Symptoms or not.

The worst part of quitting opiates for me has been the mental aspect. I'm guessing that I'll have to face that regardless. I'm going to use Suboxone to get me through the physical aspects, and continue to use AA to deal with the mental aspect.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Paws does not only come from suboxone ... so you have to take into account all your opiate use ..

It is pretty simple all these years of our brains being saturated with opiates and not producing its own endorphins.( feel good chemicals).
    That is what causes it!

Our brains have to learn to refire and reconnect.. And to Set up new pathways..

You can help it along the way by doing these suggestions :
    Exercise
    Developing new healthy habits and following through
    Laughing
    Eating chocolate
    Sex
    Eating chili peppers
    Small Accomplishments
    Do things to be proud of!
    All those little things we usually take for granted. They do cause our brain to fire endorphins..
    Just think about how you feel after doing each one of those suggestions..
    That feeling good is not by accident.. it is our own natural morphine!
    So we can help the process along and have fun doing it too!
    Stay strong!
    Iluv2
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Paws does not only come from suboxone ... so you have to take into account all your opiate use ..

It is pretty simple all these years of our brains being saturated with opiates and not producing its own endorphins.( feel good chemicals).
    That is what causes it!

Our brains have to learn to refire and reconnect.. And to Set up new pathways..

You can help it along the way by doing these suggestions :
    Exercise
    Developing new healthy habits and following through
    Laughing
    Eating chocolate
    Sex
    Eating chili peppers
    Small Accomplishments
    Do things to be proud of!
    All those little things we usually take for granted. They do cause our brain to fire endorphins..
    Just think about how you feel after doing each one of those suggestions..
    That feeling good is not by accident.. it is our own natural morphine!
    So we can help the process along and have fun doing it too!
    Stay strong!
    Iluv2
    Thanks iluv! The research I've been doing suggests that the incidence of PAWS after prolonged Suboxone use is much higher than other opiates. I found an article that confirms that, but unfortunately, I cannot find a study to back it up.

There are many individual stories that suggest it but there are problems with going on that alone.

Regardless I just don't want to take that chance.

Thanks again!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    I've decided not to wait. Tomorrow I'm going to taper to 2mg's. If in time I have any problems I'll do as Robert said and take a sliver. As I said, I'm afraid of Suboxone. I want off. If I have to endure some withdrawal symptoms along the way, so be it.
    Chris I appreciate the fact that you want to get off suboxone as fast as you do. But honestly I think if you drop to 2 mg tomorrow you might be rushing it a bit. I might be a little of on my days here but I am thinking this is what you have done recently. You were on 3.5 and dropped to 2.75 for one day and then took 8 mg the next day. You then skipped a full day and then yesterday took just your evening dose. I am guessing you took 2.75 today. I really think you might be better off to take 2.75 maybe 2 more days before dropping to 2 mg. I know if you add up the total doses you have taken it might be equal or close to it of taking 2.75 for 5 days in a row now but since it was not a consistent dosing of the same amount every day it might be a little different. I just do not want to see you drop to soon and throw your taper completely off at this point. I know we do not know each other personally but once I start following someones thread here and start replying with them on an almost daily basis I start both rooting for that person and at the same time worrying about them if they are having any problems. I see your concerns about PAWS and like iluv mentioned PAWS can occur with any prolonged use of anything. My first attempt of any kind of recovery from substance abuse was way back in 1992 when I went to a treatment center because of alcoholism. I recall the subject of PAWS being brought up with recovering alcoholics. You pointed out about the incidents of PAWS being higher then regular opiate use but that is I believe in prolonged suboxone use. Chris you have only been on subs for a month now and you are much further in your taper doseage wise then I was after a month of sub use. I was on subs a total of 4 months and after 5 weeks I was just dropping from 8 mg to 6 mg. Following the taper plan you will spend a lot less time then I did on subs. Also besides the first day when you had to induct at 16 mg your doseage has never been high like many people. The people that go thru PAWS from subs are people that were on high doses for very long periods of time which will not be the case with you. Try to relax and hang in there buddy and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi Alex, and thanks! I'm not exactly brightest bulb in the house. In fact yesterday I think I posted to someone else's thread thinking it was mine. I've printed the taper plan and this entire thread to help me complete my taper. I think I have enough information to get through this. I want to thank everyone who has posted to my thread. I'm going to finish this on my own. I now have a sponsor who knows I'm taking Suboxone and he's okay with that. I'm so grateful to everyone! Take care and maybe when this is over,I'll come back and say thanks again. Everyone take good care of yourselves!

One more thing, I found out last night that there's more to taking this medicine than sticking it under your tongue. Your not supposed to drink anything for 30 minutes, and you're not supposed swallow for 15 minutes. It's possible that I haven't been getting the proper dosage. Take care!

TolikG is offline Senior Member

Hey man, im with u in this boat. I also swallowed as saliva became an annoyance. I've stopped taking oxy on Fri Nov 21 (42 hrs later). Took my first 2mg sub yesterday. I'm also paranoid being on sub for too long but I'm actually thinking about adding another 0.5-1.00 just to feel no WD at all. I'm also sick (cold/flu) which makes it difficult for me to find out if I'm "stable" or not. What was ur habit like? How long? How much of Suboxone u started with and when? Keep ur fingers crossed! I know you and I can do this!!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Alex, and thanks! I'm not exactly brightest bulb in the house. In fact yesterday I think I posted to someone else's thread thinking it was mine. I've printed the taper plan and this entire thread to help me complete my taper. I think I have enough information to get through this. I want to thank everyone who has posted to my thread. I'm going to finish this on my own. I now have a sponsor who knows I'm taking Suboxone and he's okay with that. I'm so grateful to everyone! Take care and maybe when this is over,I'll come back and say thanks again. Everyone take good care of yourselves!

Wow - You're sure gonna dissapoint a LOT of people that have been following your thread in silent! I realize you have to do what you think is best for YOU, but I'm sure those following along would want to know how every day goes for you.

Take care Chris.

chris my very best wishes to you on your taper and getting and remaining clean. I am a little puzzled why you are not going to post anymore here while you are tapering but I am sure you have your reasons why so I will not question you. As you taper on down if everything is going well for you I do hope you stop by now and then and let us know. Wishing you a early good Thanksgiving and a smooth taper rest of the way.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Awww, Chris, come on! Why no more posting? You really should reconsider. Having support along the way makes a huge difference.

So glad to hear you found a sponsor. Good for you!
    Kat
    alexnt and iloerose like this.

hansdown is offline New Member

chris
    Why wouldn't you continue to give back to the site that helped you so much?
    I hope it is for positive reasons and you not taking things into your own hands.
    But it takes what it takes and you know where we will be..
    honestly I just reread your thread you are all over the place..
    I think a sponsor that you just met will not know how you like to do it your way and will not know what to watch for..
    take care
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-24-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Chris it was a week ago since you last posted on here and said that you were going to finish your taper on your own. I do not know if you have in that week bothered checking the forums here or not but in case you still check out the forums with out posting and you happen to read this I just want to say I hope things have continued to go well with you and that if your still tapering I hope the taper is working out for you. It would be sorta nice if you could just drop by about once a week and give us an update. perhaps you wont even read this and if you do and just feel like you do not want to for reasons of your own then I respect your desires not to. Guess I am just hoping to see an update and hear all is going well with you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi! I just wanted to stop in give a quick update. I am down to .75 mg's and going to drop to .5 on Sunday. I have been sureprised by how well it has gone. It's looking like I will be able to jump on New Years. I'm excited about being able to say that I am FINALLY sober. I have used ever thing you guys told me and it has been life saving. That's not an exaggerated statement. I printed this thread out and kept referring to it. Thank you all again! I'll drop in again when it's final. Feeling great!
    Randy35, Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Also a quick apology, I'm sorry I walked away when I did from this thread, but it was something I had to do. I will update more often as I close this out. Thanks!
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Also a quick apology, I'm sorry I walked away when I did from this thread, but it was something I had to do. I will update more often as I close this out. Thanks!
    We're not mad at you Chris, at least I'm not and I'll bet the others aren't either. I admit I was a bit disappointed, but I also am aware that things happen for one reason or another and people disappear. So glad you're back and hope you stick around. Your story is a very impartant one, not only for others taking part, but for me too believe it or not. Yeah I'm now clean for going on 6 months, but I want to REMAIN clean the rest of my life and threads/posts such as yours help keep me on track. I NEVER want to travel down that dark road again and reading what contribute each time, and posting to you helps keep me thinking and knowing just how devilish and disastrous this disease truly is. Welcome back Chris!!!

That's AWESOME you're down to .75mg headed to .50mg Sunday! Great job!!! Just an FYI, but a 25% reduction from .75mg would actually be .56mg. That needs to be rounded to .60mg if you intend to follow the plan exactly! When can help you get a dose of .60mg if you like, or you could do as you plan of course. Entirely up to you, only letting you know.

We're here if you need us anytime. Take care and THANKS for coming back!!! I really mean that too!!!!

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    We're not mad at you Chris, at least I'm not and I'll bet the others aren't either. I admit I was a bit disappointed, but I also am aware that things happen for one reason or another and people disappear. So glad you're back and hope you stick around. Your story is a very impartant one, not only for others taking part, but for me too believe it or not. Yeah I'm now clean for going on 6 months, but I want to REMAIN clean the rest of my life and threads/posts such as yours help keep me on track. I NEVER want to travel down that dark road again and reading what contribute each time, and posting to you helps keep me thinking and knowing just how devilish and disastrous this disease truly is. Welcome back Chris!!!

That's AWESOME you're down to .75mg headed to .50mg Sunday! Great job!!! Just an FYI, but a 25% reduction from .75mg would actually be .56mg. That needs to be rounded to .60mg if you intend to follow the plan exactly! When can help you get a dose of .60mg if you like, or you could do as you plan of course. Entirely up to you, only letting you know.

We're here if you need us anytime. Take care and THANKS for coming back!!! I really mean that too!!!!

-Randy
    Hi Randy! Actually my next taper is Saturday. I made a mistake in my earlier post. I'm going to drop the full. 25 to .5. I'm confident I can handle the drop. It's really been quite easy so far and should I experience any negative effects, I'll go into a holding pattern. Glad to hear you're doing well and take care.

Tomorrow I'll drop to a half of an mg. Up until this point most of my tapers have been 25% rounded up to the nearest quarter mg. The exception came when I dropped from 1.5, to 1.0. I stayed at 1.0 for 6 complete days and then on the 7th dropped to .75.

I am experiencing minor withdrawal symptoms. They have come in the from of anxiety and the occasional fowl mood. It's at these times I either go to a meeting, or I'll call my sponsor. Without AA meetings I dont think I could have done this. Also I have been walking quite a bit.

There have been times I've thought about calling my doctor for a script. It would be easy to go back to oxy, but I truly am ready to live sober. Wednesday I will begin skipping days. I may wait till the 26th to begin skipping days because of Christmas, but as of now I'm planning on starting that Wednesday. I'll post again when I start skipping days.

Also, I've made the decision that on December 31st I'm going to ditch the remaining Suboxone I have. I am not going to take any into the new year. Suboxone has saved my life, but I will not use it as cruch beyond 2014.

Chris nice to see you update and that you have continued to taper down and that things are going ok with you. Looks to me like you are planning to drop to .50 on Saturday and dose there for 4 days then start skipping days starting Wed. I guess you would then dose again Thursday then skip 2 days and dose again Sunday. the plan would then have you dose again Thursday which would be Jan 1. Since you are planning on not dosing again after Dec 31 I think you might want to take your last dose on the 31rst then. You will be jumping off at a dose of .5 which is a bit high to jump off at but I know that is the dose that Robert 325 jumped off at and I have seen others do the same. My very best wishes to you on jumping and then at remaining clean once you do jump. Good to read that you are involved with AA and that you have a sponsor. Will talk to you later and hope that you have a nice Christmas.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi Alex, that's the plan. Tomorrow is the last day for half mg doses, if I need anything from there it'll be a quarter. Take care!

Hey Chris,

Just wanted to wish you luck with your jump! You've done good so far and I certainly hope your jump goes smoothly. Talk to you soon...

Kat

Hi Kat, thanks!

Today is the 4th day since stopping Suboxone. I feel good. The minor withdrawal I was feeling after the last drop is gone. I feel flat emotionally, but it took years to get to this point, so I'm guessing it will take some time to feel again. I'm looking forward to a good belly laugh. Suboxone has been a miracle drug for me. That last week of abuse should have killed me. I'll post again on New Years eve.

Well I'm over the hump. I can now say I'm sober. I tossed the remaining Suboxone last night. Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted to this thread!
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Well I'm over the hump. I can now say I'm sober. I tossed the remaining Suboxone last night. Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted to this thread!
    NICE!!!

I'm so happy for you. Don't ever look back. 2015 will be a wonderful year for you.

Take care. Drop in with updates when you can.
    Kat

Congrats to you on tossing your remaining subs on New Years Eve Chris and by starting out 2015 sub free. My best wishes to in remaining opiate free and like Kath posted to you drop in now and then with updates on how you are doing.

Alex

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011