Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    After I left Chicago, I moved to California. Lived in Santa Clara, San Jose, and Campbell. That's where I developed the meth problem. I was there from 89-99. Crazy stuff happening nightly there. I never got used to the nightly helicopter chases, lol. I'd be tweaking with the lights out, peeking out of my blinds thinking they were coming for me.
    Oh my...you just took me back to 1992! Yuck. Meth was the first drug I ever tried, aside from herb. So gross. It ruled my life for 2 years. The ol' peeking outta the blinds thing..lmao. The great thing about speed is that you can just quit without having to go through WD. Too bad opiates aren't like that!

So if you end up stabilizing on 5mg - which I'm sure you will - that's good. It's not a crazy high dose and tapering down won't take forever. I think because your Oxy habit was so high you need a bit more Sub. There was a member a few months back who had a habit a little higher than yours and was able to stabilize at 5 mg

Kat

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Continuing to walk, got in about 30 minutes this morning. Gonna go to a meeting tonight. Looking forward to the social aspect, I'm hoping I see some old friends there.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Oh my...you just took me back to 1992! Yuck. Meth was the first drug I ever tried, aside from herb. So gross. It ruled my life for 2 years. The ol' peeking outta the blinds thing..lmao. The great thing about speed is that you can just quit without having to go through WD. Too bad opiates aren't like that!

So if you end up stabilizing on 5mg - which I'm sure you will - that's good. It's not a crazy high dose and tapering down won't take forever. I think because your Oxy habit was so high you need a bit more Sub. There was a member a few months back who had a habit a little higher than yours and was able to stabilize at 5 mg

Kat
    Thanks Kat, I'm due for my dose soon.

Kat
    You ever watched, "Breaking Bad"? There's a scene in one episode where Jesse tries to get a guy whose strung out on crank, so he grabs a shovel and starts digging in the guy's front yard and the guy comes out of the house and starts helping him dig, Jesse says to the guy, "How far down do you think it is?" LOL, it's so true! There are some pretty funny scenes in that show, it's a must see for the X meth head!

Kat
    My first week in California was the Loma Prieta! It was a three day party!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Just got back from a meeting. Basically symptom free. A couple of hot flashes. If I was 5 years older and female, I wouldn't mention it. All new daces at the meeting.

Just got back from a meeting. Basically symptom free. A couple of hot flashes. If I was 5 years older and female, I wouldn't mention it. All new daces at the meeting.
    LOL about the hot flashes! Too funny. I'm really glad that extra 1mg helped. I'm sure you'll have a much better night.

I've actually never seen Breaking Bad. I hear it's really good. My faves are (or were, as some are now over) Nurse Jackie, Boardwalk Empire, Californication...and the new ones The Leftovers and Penny Dreadful. Weeds is pretty good, too.

Kat

LOL about the hot flashes! Too funny. I'm really glad that extra 1mg helped. I'm sure you'll have a much better night.

I've actually never seen Breaking Bad. I hear it's really good. My faves are (or were, as some are now over) Nurse Jackie, Boardwalk Empire, Californication...and the new ones The Leftovers and Penny Dreadful. Weeds is pretty good, too.

Kat
    Thanks Kat, the people who know me say they see a big difference in me. I feel good. My emotions have settled and the anxiety is basically gone. I really want to start counting towards the taper, just not sure if I should ignore the menopausal symptoms or consider them as symptoms, lol. I'm anxious to get my life back and start tapering.

Thanks Kat, the people who know me say they see a big difference in me. I feel good. My emotions have settled and the anxiety is basically gone. I really want to start counting towards the taper, just not sure if I should ignore the menopausal symptoms or consider them as symptoms, lol. I'm anxious to get my life back and start tapering.
    You'll know when it's time to make your first 25% drop. Listen to your body. Being stable doesn't mean feeling perfect. However, you don't wanna jump the gun. Since you went up to 5mg today, give it at least a few more days. I know you're anxious to get started. You will - soon!

Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Chris I saw where you were considering taking a little more then 4 mg because you were having some uncomfortable symptoms. Did you end up taking more then 4 mg today and if so how much did you end up taking total today? If you took more then 4 mg today then whatever you ended up taking you should stick with that dose for a few days and get stable there. It is fine if you took more then 4 mg if that did not appear to be working.

Alex

You'll know when it's time to make your first 25% drop. Listen to your body. Being stable doesn't mean feeling perfect. However, you don't wanna jump the gun. Since you went up to 5mg today, give it at least a few more days. I know you're anxious to get started. You will - soon!

Kat
    Okay then, thanks and good night.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris I saw where you were considering taking a little more then 4 mg because you were having some uncomfortable symptoms. Did you end up taking more then 4 mg today and if so how much did you end up taking total today? If you took more then 4 mg today then whatever you ended up taking you should stick with that dose for a few days and get stable there. It is fine if you took more then 4 mg if that did not appear to be working.

Alex
    Hi Alex, I wound up taking 5, I'll stick with it, thanks!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Alex, I wound up taking 5, I'll stick with it, thanks!
    Hope that 5 is the magic number Chris and 5 is not a bad dose at all to start with. It is a lot better then the 16 you would be taking if you had not researched before hand and just followed your Drs instructions. Like Kath said you don't wanna jump the gun so give it a few days and then you can start the taper. Hope you get some good sleep and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Hope that 5 is the magic number Chris and 5 is not a bad dose at all to start with. It is a lot better then the 16 you would be taking if you had not researched before hand and just followed your Drs instructions. Like Kath said you don't wanna jump the gun so give it a few days and then you can start the taper. Hope you get some good sleep and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Thanks Alex, very true. Finding this board was a miracle. I'm hoping that 5 is the magic number. I'm just gonna have to be patient in the meantime. Thanks, for commenting, hope your day is great!

If I do stabilize at 5mg's, that would put my first drop at 3.75, or 1.875 twice daily. I would have to round up to 2mg's twice daily, does that make sense? Not exactly sure how to handle an odd dose like that.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

If I do stabilize at 5mg's, that would put my first drop at 3.75, or 1.875 twice daily. I would have to round up to 2mg's twice daily, does that make sense? Not exactly sure how to handle an odd dose like that.
    Hey Chris - I would just make the first reduction to 4mg instead of 3.75mg for the ease of it. That way you could split and have 2mg doses. That won't matter too much at this point. Then your next reduction would be down to 3mg which could be 1.5mg twice a day.

That's what I would do anyway.

Doing great Chris - keep up the good work and stay strong!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I just want to say thanks again for the help with all of this, I would be on my way to Suboxone addiction and maintenence if you guys didn't help me! Amazing how messed up that is. People who have the best intentions are being led by doctors into that mess. I have high hopes for this, and maybe someday I can help others like you guys are doing!
    Randy35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - I would just make the first reduction to 4mg instead of 3.75mg for the ease of it. That way you could split and have 2mg doses. That won't matter too much at this point. Then your next reduction would be down to 3mg which could be 1.5mg twice a day.

That's what I would do anyway.

Doing great Chris - keep up the good work and stay strong!
    Okay, thanks Randy, will do!
    Randy35 likes this.

On a side note, I watched a woman at the clinic go into precipitated withdrawal on the day I inducted. She was crying and swearing, and it seemed whatever I said made it worse, she didn't know what was happening and when I told her she freaked. She called her mom and paced the floor. It really was sad. Thank God for this bulletin board!

Robcol is offline New Member

Hello Chris, I'm new here.. i wish you nothing, but the best in recovery. Ill be rooting for you. Chris is my sons name

Quote Originally Posted by Robcol View Post
    Hello Chris, I'm new here.. i wish you nothing, but the best in recovery. Ill be rooting for you. Chris is my sons name
    Hi Rob! Thank you for your support! It's great that you chose such an awesome name for your son! LOL! I'll be rooting for you as well! Fight the good fight!

This morning I have yet to have any symptoms of withdrawal. My emotions are in check. I have yet to experience hot flashes of any significant measure, and my stomach is settled. I will only post again today in order to thank people for comments that might be posted, or if my condition worsens. I'm hopeful, that today is the first of 3 symptom free days needed to begin tapering.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I've remained symptom free now for a day, two more to go.

Thursday is my doctors appointment like I really don't want to go in there telling him I completely ignored his instructions. I think I'll tell him I've been taking it as perscribed and let him write it as he wishes.

Thursday is my doctors appointment like I really don't want to go in there telling him I completely ignored his instructions. I think I'll tell him I've been taking it as perscribed and let him write it as he wishes.
    Yes, do that. Most doctors will get all pissy if you tell them you're tapering off or taking less. They generally don't have your best interest in mind. They see dollar signs, unfortunately. Let him write the script for 16mg per day. If he writes it for a month's worth, you won't even have to go back.

Glad to see you're feeling well!
    Kat

Yes, do that. Most doctors will get all pissy if you tell them you're tapering off or taking less. They generally don't have your best interest in mind. They see dollar signs, unfortunately. Let him write the script for 16mg per day. If he writes it for a month's worth, you won't even have to go back.

Glad to see you're feeling well!
    Kat
    Hey Kat! Thank you and will do! Yeah, much better. It's as if I turned a corner. I'm looking forward to the first taper. I know that sounds strange, but as I said, I want my life back, and to be able to walk into an AA meeting and say, "I'm sober today.". Have a great day and stay as cool as you are!

Thursday is when I taper. I'll go from 5, to 4mg's. Do I wait till I'm symptom free before tapering again, or can I taper on the 4th day again?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thursday is when I taper. I'll go from 5, to 4mg's. Do I wait till I'm symptom free before tapering again, or can I taper on the 4th day again?
    Hey Chris - Slow down a bit my friend. You need to take this slowly and see how you will be feeling before you taper. Going too fast and thinking too far ahead will get you in trouble and potentially cause problems. Just wait and see how you feel and go from there. It may take 4 days on one dose, but might take 5 or more on another. You'll get there, just be a bit more patient ok.
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

As long as you're stable, it's safe to reduce. That's the MOST important thing during a taper. If you reduce before you're stable, you'll run into problems. Always stay at each dose for at least 4 full days. Like Randy said, there may be times when you need an extra day or two to stabilize. Don't "plan" for certain days to drop. Go with the flow. Listen to your body and you'll know when it's time. A taper requires patience, which we addicts are not so good at..lol.

Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - Slow down a bit my friend. You need to take this slowly and see how you will be feeling before you taper. Going too fast and thinking too far ahead will get you in trouble and potentially cause problems. Just wait and see how you feel and go from there. It may take 4 days on one dose, but might take 5 or more on another. You'll get there, just be a bit more patient ok.
    I see, thank you!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast