Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    As long as you're stable, it's safe to reduce. That's the MOST important thing during a taper. If you reduce before you're stable, you'll run into problems. Always stay at each dose for at least 4 full days. Like Randy said, there may be times when you need an extra day or two to stabilize. Don't "plan" for certain days to drop. Go with the flow. Listen to your body and you'll know when it's time. A taper requires patience, which we addicts are not so good at..lol.

Kat
    Right? LOL, okay then, but I want what I want, and I want it now! Seriously though, I get it now, thanks again!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - Slow down a bit my friend. You need to take this slowly and see how you will be feeling before you taper. Going too fast and thinking too far ahead will get you in trouble and potentially cause problems. Just wait and see how you feel and go from there. It may take 4 days on one dose, but might take 5 or more on another. You'll get there, just be a bit more patient ok.
    Thanks Randy, will do!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Chris,

How's it going? Still holding well at 5mg? Just wanted to check on ya.

Kat

Hey Chris,

How's it going? Still holding well at 5mg? Just wanted to check on ya.

Kat
    Hi Kat, weeellll, I've been avoiding you, lol. I've had some MINOR withdrawal symptoms. Last night I woke about 2AM with the sweats, and then today I've had some cramping and other digestive problems. Soòoooò, what does this do my plan to taper tomorrow?

Did I mention how minor this is?? lol

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Did I mention how minor this is?? lol
    HAHAHAHA

"MINOR" Withdrawal...

Sweats, cramping, digestive problems = MINOR Issues. LOL.

You already know the answer to your question, but just in case you're really stubborn (LOL) you should wait another day and see how you feel then. I'm quite sure Kat will agree.

When those "MINOR" symptoms let up a bit then it's ok to reduce. If you reduce and not ready problems will follow you at each dose most likely.

Keep posting and stop avoiding us!!! LOL.
    alexnt likes this.

HAHAHAHA

"MINOR" Withdrawal...

Sweats, cramping, digestive problems = MINOR Issues. LOL.

You already know the answer to your question, but just in case you're really stubborn (LOL) you should wait another day and see how you feel then. I'm quite sure Kat will agree.

When those "MINOR" symptoms let up a bit then it's ok to reduce. If you reduce and not ready problems will follow you at each dose most likely.

Keep posting and stop avoiding us!!! LOL.
    LOL Randy! Yeah, I guess I should wait. Drag!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

CONGRATULATIONS !

I have been catching up on the threads ..
    You got a great team here helping you ..
    They know what they are talking about.
    I was doing fine myself and got in a hurry and ended up going back up .
    Definitely wait till you are stable..
    I do remember Kat saying she had the sweating issue at night too.

I don't think any of us will get through this completely pain free but your symptoms don't sound minor to me either..
    I wanted to welcome you I am on Team Taper TOO!
    We are a strong group here just keep posting we all are here for you and one another!
    take Care !
    Iluv2smile

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS !

I have been catching up on the threads ..
    You got a great team here helping you ..
    They know what they are talking about.
    I was doing fine myself and got in a hurry and ended up going back up .
    Definitely wait till you are stable..
    I do remember Kat saying she had the sweating issue at night too.

I don't think any of us will get through this completely pain free but your symptoms don't sound minor to me either..
    I wanted to welcome you I am on Team Taper TOO!
    We are a strong group here just keep posting we all are here for you and one another!
    take Care !
    Iluv2smile
    Hi, and thank you iluv2smile.

I'm reminded of the guy who has his arms and legs waked off in a sword fight, and he proclaims its just a flesh wound, and if you come a little closer he'll bite youth death, lol!
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

I've decided to dress as a Suboxone strip for Halloween, might as well keep it real, lol.
    Iwantoff2013 and rxqueen83 like this.

From this point forward, you can call me Flash. I have so many hot flashes that I might as well go by something that is representative of who I am.

I've decided to dress as a Suboxone strip for Halloween, might as well keep it real, lol.
    FLASH -

I wouldn't suggest you do that. You go to an addicts house by mistake trick-or-treating and they may put you under their tongue for 10 minutes!!!

Hot flashes huh? Do you think it's time to reduce??? LOL.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

LMAO!!!!

I'm rolling over here. I can just imagine you trying to put together something that looks like an orange strip. Lol @ Randy ..putting YOU under the tongue! Hmmm...lol..

Kat

LMAO!!!!

I'm rolling over here. I can just imagine you trying to put together something that looks like an orange strip. Lol @ Randy ..putting YOU under the tongue! Hmmm...lol..

Kat
    LOL, I guess I might have been minimizing a tad. I'm in a holding pattern until stability shows its wonderful face.

My sense of humor has worn off. I'm really frustrated. I've been reading through stories trying to find someone who was taking oxy like me and went on Suboxone to quickly taper. What I'm learning, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that I'm not supposed to feel good right now, and I probably won't until I'm off this stuff and sober for at least a month. I'm frustrated that 5mg's appears not to be enough to make me feel better. I'm close to taking an 8 mg strip to see if I feel better, but I know that wouldn't be good.
    Sincerely perplexed,
    Flash

My sense of humor has worn off. I'm really frustrated. I've been reading through stories trying to find someone who was taking oxy like me and went on Suboxone to quickly taper. What I'm learning, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that I'm not supposed to feel good right now, and I probably won't until I'm off this stuff and sober for at least a month. I'm frustrated that 5mg's appears not to be enough to make me feel better. I'm close to taking an 8 mg strip to see if I feel better, but I know that wouldn't be good.
    Sincerely perplexed,
    Flash
    Chris,

No, it's not true you're "not supposed to feel good" during a taper. Will you feel perfect? No. But don't worry, you're not gonna go around feeling awful all the time. At this point, you should be close to stable so I'm somewhat tempted to tell you to add another .5 or 1mg if you're having uncomfortable symptoms daily. After all, you had quite the Oxy habit.

The best advice I can give right now is see how you feel tomorrow. If you truly think you're not going to stabilize, increase a little. I really wish you could have used Robert's induction, but what's done is done. I'm hesitant to even suggest an increase because 5mg is a good dose and should be holding you. But I hate to see you suffer needlessly.

Kat

Please don't get me wrong, I feel markedly better than the 26 I was at prior to induction, but I can't chew my food without breaking out in a sweat, and the gastric distress is quite maddening. The bright spot is that my mood is better, I've been able to use humor to mask my frustration. That's where I'm at tonight, thanks for reading!

Flash

Chris,

No, it's not true you're "not supposed to feel good" during a taper. Will you feel perfect? No. But don't worry, you're not gonna go around feeling awful all the time. At this point, you should be close to stable so I'm somewhat tempted to tell you to add another .5 or 1mg if you're having uncomfortable symptoms daily. After all, you had quite the Oxy habit.

The best advice I can give right now is see how you feel tomorrow. If you truly think you're not going to stabilize, increase a little. I really wish you could have used Robert's induction, but what's done is done. I'm hesitant to even suggest an increase because 5mg is a good dose and should be holding you. But I hate to see you suffer needlessly.

Kat
    Thanks Kat, will do.

I'm afraidof the answer to this question, but would I be better served to throw myself back into withdrawal and then reinduct?

I'm afraidof the answer to this question, but would I be better served to throw myself back into withdrawal and then reinduct?
    I suggested that to you after you the doctor had to take the 16mg. I know it was a scary thought at that time, and I know it is now too. I've been thinking about your situation most of the day and evening to be honest and will tell you what I would do in the same situation as you are now. I know you're not feeling well and trying my best to help along with Kat and others.

You're on 5mg. That IS a LOT of sub, and taking more may help, but it may not also. This is so much mental, and if I gave you a placebo and told you it was another 1mg of sub I bet you would say it helped. That's just the way our thinking gets. Our brain really messes with us because we ARE addicts, and we ALWAYS believe we need more of everything to feel better.

Here is what I would do myself Chris. Instead of taking more sub, why don't you do your very best to SKIP tomorrow's entire dose. Yes it will be difficult, but I really think you can do it. Then on the following day you would basically do the induction over without going through all the horrible withdrawals again. You would be feeling lousy, but not THAT bad.

Then you could begin by taking .5mg doses every HOUR until you become stable. When we are really feeling those symptoms it usually takes very little sub to make a difference. My thinking is you could get stable on 3-4mg this time and on your way.

That would be my first suggestion. My 2nd suggestion would be to take another .5mg and see if that does make the difference. If it doesn't you may feel defeated and that might be worse. If it does pull you out of it then all is well and good for now. You would remain there another 4 or so days then taper down. In the end it's totally up to you what you decide to do. You will have our support no matter what is decided.

I suggested that to you after you the doctor had to take the 16mg. I know it was a scary thought at that time, and I know it is now too. I've been thinking about your situation most of the day and evening to be honest and will tell you what I would do in the same situation as you are now. I know you're not feeling well and trying my best to help along with Kat and others.

You're on 5mg. That IS a LOT of sub, and taking more may help, but it may not also. This is so much mental, and if I gave you a placebo and told you it was another 1mg of sub I bet you would say it helped. That's just the way our thinking gets. Our brain really messes with us because we ARE addicts, and we ALWAYS believe we need more of everything to feel better.

Here is what I would do myself Chris. Instead of taking more sub, why don't you do your very best to SKIP tomorrow's entire dose. Yes it will be difficult, but I really think you can do it. Then on the following day you would basically do the induction over without going through all the horrible withdrawals again. You would be feeling lousy, but not THAT bad.

Then you could begin by taking .5mg doses every HOUR until you become stable. When we are really feeling those symptoms it usually takes very little sub to make a difference. My thinking is you could get stable on 3-4mg this time and on your way.

That would be my first suggestion. My 2nd suggestion would be to take another .5mg and see if that does make the difference. If it doesn't you may feel defeated and that might be worse. If it does pull you out of it then all is well and good for now. You would remain there another 4 or so days then taper down. In the end it's totally up to you what you decide to do. You will have our support no matter what is decided.
    Thanks so much Randy. I'm going to take the rest of the night and think it through. Right now I'm leaning towards skipping tomorrow's dose entirely. It makes sense to try and re induct. I just hope that one day is enough. Thanks again!

I'm going to reinduct. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but hopefully I can make it without him noticing I'm not stable. I will then skip the day, and maybe even bring myself to a 26 again to ensure success. You people are awesome, without you I'd be lost, thanks again!

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Chris just wanted to stop in and say your going to do this and your going to make it through to the end. I know you are, because you have an awesome attitude.

IMHO, and I am no Doctor; just an old junkie, I'm willing to bet at 8MG of Sub your still going to feel uncomfortable. Subs and Oxy are two different substances. They probably act on different receptors. So until the oxy is completely off the receptors your probably going to feel lousy. Am I correct here? Oxy is a full agonist? Sub is a partial? I may be bass ackward; but the only reason I say this is because I remember the first time I got started on Subs, I was coming off Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycodone; and I was started off at 24 MG of sub a day and still felt like dog _____ for a week and had to be prescribed trazadone for sleep AND ranitidine for stomach acid. So increasing your dose might not be effective AT ALL, and might only set you back.

Have you tried Immodium for the sweats and shakes? It contains an opiate called loperamide as you probably know. A lot of people (including myself) found relief from the sweats and shakes using Immodium in higher doses. It's no more constipating than any other opiate we've been snarfing down. Lord almighty there was nothing more constipating than Sub for me. Immodium does not produce "euphoria", but it can take away the heebie jeebies and the sweats. I know it is uncomfortable. But I think upping your dose is counterproductive. Five mg's is a pretty big dose.

Just my two cents.

Love the sub costume idea.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Chris just wanted to stop in and say your going to do this and your going to make it through to the end. I know you are, because you have an awesome attitude.

IMHO, and I am no Doctor; just an old junkie, I'm willing to bet at 8MG of Sub your still going to feel uncomfortable. Subs and Oxy are two different substances. They probably act on different receptors. So until the oxy is completely off the receptors your probably going to feel lousy. Am I correct here? Oxy is a full agonist? Sub is a partial? I may be bass ackward; but the only reason I say this is because I remember the first time I got started on Subs, I was coming off Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycodone; and I was started off at 24 MG of sub a day and still felt like dog _____ for a week and had to be prescribed trazadone for sleep AND ranitidine for stomach acid. So increasing your dose might not be effective AT ALL, and might only set you back.

Have you tried Immodium for the sweats and shakes? It contains an opiate called loperamide as you probably know. A lot of people (including myself) found relief from the sweats and shakes using Immodium in higher doses. It's no more constipating than any other opiate we've been snarfing down. Lord almighty there was nothing more constipating than Sub for me. Immodium does not produce "euphoria", but it can take away the heebie jeebies and the sweats. I know it is uncomfortable. But I think upping your dose is counterproductive. Five mg's is a pretty big dose.

Just my two cents.

Love the sub costume idea.
    Hi Rxqueen, I didn't know that immodium helped in that way. Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm not going to go higher than the 5mg's I'm on. I'm gonna reinduct the right way this time. I just have to tough out the withdrawal. Thanks again!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Chris sorry to see that today was a rough day for you. Did the symptoms just hit you early this morning and the 5 mg today not seem to have helped? I see where you are considering skipping tomorrow and trying to reinduct. When I was on subs while the first 5 days were a bit rough after that I felt comfortable rest of the time I was on it and during my entire taper. You should not feel bad the entire time you are on subs. My best wishes to you tomorrow and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Hi Alex. The symptoms have been there all along, I've been so hell-bent on tapering tomorrow that I didn't want to admit it. It's so awesome to hear that you settled in after 5 days, maybe if I just tough it out a few more days it will get better. I'm making that decision now, but I refuse to go higher than 5. Thanks so much, talk later.

Chris

After reading xsome of the Suboxone stories, I have a fear of it. I worry that I'm going to wind up stuck on Suboxone. That's why I've been so hell-bent obviously tapering.

One guy was taking 16mg's and he got arrested for something else, but wound up going through withdrawal in jail,scarystuff!

There has been improvement over the last five days. My mood was horrible. I was crying for no reason and snapping at people. That's over with, so maybe this is going to go away,in fact I know it will in time.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast