Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    After reading xsome of the Suboxone stories, I have a fear of it. I worry that I'm going to wind up stuck on Suboxone. That's why I've been so hell-bent obviously tapering.
    Chris you will not get stuck on it especially if once you are stable you follow the taper plan. You need to not read the horror stories you see on here. Those are usually from people who did not taper right and jumped at to high of a dose and from people who were on huge amounts for long periods of time. Trust me you will be ok.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris you will not get stuck on it especially if once you are stable you follow the taper plan. You need to not read the horror stories you see on here. Those are usually from people who did not taper right and jumped at to high of a dose and from people who were on huge amounts for long periods of time. Trust me you will be ok.

Alex
    Thanks Alex, I need to relax I guess.

I've decided to stay the course, for now. I'm convinced that I will become stable. If it takes a few extra days, I'm okay with that.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I've decided to stay the course, for now. I'm convinced that I will become stable. If it takes a few extra days, I'm okay with that.
    LOL. You change your mind quite frequently don't you FLASH? LOL. That's ok, you have to do what's best for YOU in the end. We advise and suggest, but we aren't you. I'm just messing with you and hopefully you know that.

See how you feel in a couple days. If you really want to feel better then give it an honest chance. Don't drop right away ok. It may take a week to level out so be prepared for that. Of course you may begin to feel much better sooner too. Point is to WAIT and see if this is the way you want to go! Choose ONE plan and STICK with that one! Ok FLASH?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    LOL. You change your mind quite frequently don't you FLASH? LOL. That's ok, you have to do what's best for YOU in the end. We advise and suggest, but we aren't you. I'm just messing with you and hopefully you know that.

See how you feel in a couple days. If you really want to feel better then give it an honest chance. Don't drop right away ok. It may take a week to level out so be prepared for that. Of course you may begin to feel much better sooner too. Point is to WAIT and see if this is the way you want to go! Choose ONE plan and STICK with that one! Ok FLASH?
    Thanks Randy, lol, I'm prepared to wait this out. I've made some progress since induction. It's just a matter of time.

My blood pressure has been high, so I did some research and found that having a cat can reduce your blood pressure. So I'm going to adopt 17 cats after my doctors appointment. I'm an addict, I can't do one of ANYTHING!
    Randy35 and Iwantoff2013 like this.

MrJones is offline Member

Hilarious...thanks

My blood pressure has been high, so I did some research and found that having a cat can reduce your blood pressure. So I'm going to adopt 17 cats after my doctors appointment. I'm an addict, I can't do one of ANYTHING!

LOL.

Hmmm. 17 Cats soon equals 50+ cats...
    which equals you better be purchasing 5 tons of cat litter.

You are also going to need to be put on blood pressure meds also. Lol. Good luck Flash!

BTW - you're a nut! Lol

P.S. I'm headed into my meeting LOL now thanks to you!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2014 at 09:28 AM.

LOL.

Hmmm. 17 Cats soon equals 50+ cats...
    which equals you better be purchasing 5 tons of cat litter.

You are also going to need to be put on blood pressure meds also. Lol. Good luck Flash!

BTW - you're a nut! Lol

P.S. I'm headed into my meeting LOL now thanks to you!!!
    Thanks Randy, I'm a crying on the inside kind of clown, LOL, hope you enjoy your meeting, I might do the same today. My doctors right next door to a club.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    Hilarious...thanks
    Thanks Mr Jones!

Today my doctor continued me on 24mg's of Suboxone. I didn't tell him that I'm only taking 6. I I went to a meeting next door afterwards and ran into an old friend. One of his first questions was if I was still sober. I took the advice of another addict and told him, "I'm working on it. " His reaction was one of puzzlement. I'm not interested in impressing him or anyone else for that matter. If people don't want to accept me as I am, then that's their problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire....
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

Today my doctor continued me on 24mg's of Suboxone. I didn't tell him that I'm only taking 6. I I went to a meeting next door afterwards and ran into an old friend. One of his first questions was if I was still sober. I took the advice of another addict and told him, "I'm working on it. " His reaction was one of puzzlement. I'm not interested in impressing him or anyone else for that matter. If people don't want to accept me as I am, then that's their problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire....
    5 not 6, I've been contemplating 6.

5 not 6, I've been contemplating 6.
    I literally was just getting ready to ask if you took 6mg instead of 5mg. I was gonna bust your chops pal! Lol.

I literally was just getting ready to ask if you took 6mg instead of 5mg. I was gonna bust your chops pal! Lol.

Lol, I'm contemplating it. I'm going to wait it out a little longer first.

I had a conversation with my doctor's assistant today about my symptoms and he also, as some of you have, suggested they may be psychosomatic. I'm starting to believe they are.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi, Chris, I lost track of your thread and just found it again. You have good people helping you. Many people are anxious on subs, so slow down and get your mind off of all the bad things you might read, because most of those turned into good things in the end. The reason people have problems is that A. they tend to rush B. you need to be stable before a drop. If you do this right, you should be just fine. Soooo, lighten up a bit and start doing things to get your mind occupied. Ummmm. Get some cats (LOL, saw that somewhere on your thread). Take care. You've got this.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Hi, Chris, I lost track of your thread and just found it again. You have good people helping you. Many people are anxious on subs, so slow down and get your mind off of all the bad things you might read, because most of those turned into good things in the end. The reason people have problems is that A. they tend to rush B. you need to be stable before a drop. If you do this right, you should be just fine. Soooo, lighten up a bit and start doing things to get your mind occupied. Ummmm. Get some cats (LOL, saw that somewhere on your thread). Take care. You've got this.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Hi, thank you for commenting, sounds like great advice to me, will do.

I took an extra .5 last night and this morning. I feel better. I didn't break out in night sweats last night for the first time since I started taking Suboxone.

I actually feel bad for needing 6 mg's. That's messed up. When I inducted at 16mg's, all signs of withdrawal went away within 2 hours. When I went down to 4 then 5 I was struggling. Because of that I have felt like taking an ENTIRE 8mg strip. I'm hoping 6 mg's is the answer, but if not I'll go up. It may be that the symptoms are in my head, but even if, I'd rather feel better, then start my taper, then feel lousy for another day. I'm starting to question the wisdom of making myself suffer for the sole reason of starting my taper 2-4 mg's higher than most. I should have been honest about the symptoms I was having, instead of trying hide them, so I wouldn't appear to be different than the others. I don't see the point in telling someone it's too much, when going from 6 or 8 mg's is not that much longer in terms of taper. I'm hoping 6 is it, but if not, oh well.

If I had this to do all over again, I would have taken whatever dosage it took to feel better on that 3rd or 4th day, rather than spend days lieing to myself and others about how I felt. I did a diservice to myself and anyone who comes along and reads this.

If someone is reading this, who is new to Suboxone, and doesn't seem to be stabilizing on 2-4 mg's, you are not alone.

I'm starting to believe that my doctor really isn't all that bad. He talked to me yesterday about beginning my taper on my own. On top of that he's got two people in the office whose sole purpose is talking to patients about addicion, and both those people told me 3-4 months and I should be off.

The big book of Alcoholics Anonymous describes the Alcoholic as an ego maniac with an inferiority complex. I've always found that to be true. That has surfaced here for me when I decided that I would rather lie about my symptoms, rather than admit I needed more.

I am both an addict and an alcoholic. AA recommends 90 meetings in 90 days. I'm going for it. I'm also going to find a sponsor within a week. It's time to get serious about my serious condition.

Hey Chris - Don't feel bad for needing to take 6mg of sub. It takes what it takes right. I've been helping another member that switched from a large dose of methadone to subs (as I also did) and she tried 8mgs at first. She was feeling sick every day and hesitant to take more. She eventually took 10mgs and that made a world of difference in how she felt.

It took me a total of 8mgs of sub to get stable and I started with 1mg doses and worked my way up until I was feeling no symptoms. We really ARE all different and what works for one person certainly may not for others.

I hope you continue to feel good where you are Chris. But if not you have to do what you think is best. No worries my friend!

Hey Chris - Don't feel bad for needing to take 6mg of sub. It takes what it takes right. I've been helping another member that switched from a large dose of methadone to subs (as I also did) and she tried 8mgs at first. She was feeling sick every day and hesitant to take more. She eventually took 10mgs and that made a world of difference in how she felt.

It took me a total of 8mgs of sub to get stable and I started with 1mg doses and worked my way up until I was feeling no symptoms. We really ARE all different and what works for one person certainly may not for others.

I hope you continue to feel good where you are Chris. But if not you have to do what you think is best. No worries my friend!
    Thank you so much Randy! You've made my day! I was sitting here thinking I was alone in the dose I needed. So glad you shared that with me. So far I'm doing g better at 6 mg's. Hopefully that continues. Have a great day!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

No need to feel bad about going up to 6mg. If that's what it takes, that's ok. It's not like you're taking some insanely high dose like on the first day. I really hope 6 is the magic number!

Will check back later.
    Kat
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    No need to feel bad about going up to 6mg. If that's what it takes, that's ok. It's not like you're taking some insanely high dose like on the first day. I really hope 6 is the magic number!

Will check back later.
    Kat
    Thanks Kat!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

If I had this to do all over again, I would have taken whatever dosage it took to feel better on that 3rd or 4th day, rather than spend days lieing to myself and others about how I felt. I did a diservice to myself and anyone who comes along and reads this.
    Chris: It's no big deal that you had to go up to 6mg. I can really understand not wanting to, but like I said: GETTING STABLE initially is the big deal. You actually did a SERVICE to those reading your thread who are wondering about subs and what they should do. It is OK in the beginning induction to go UP if you need to, especially if you are not getting stable. Being stable will help the whole downward process be much more comfortable and you will not be prone to "snags" all the way down. Getting the induction right and getting STABLE is key to success. You are nervous and that it totally understood here. You are getting this and that's what's important.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Chris: It's no big deal that you had to go up to 6mg. I can really understand not wanting to, but like I said: GETTING STABLE initially is the big deal. You actually did a SERVICE to those reading your thread who are wondering about subs and what they should do. It is OK in the beginning induction to go UP if you need to, especially if you are not getting stable. Being stable will help the whole downward process be much more comfortable and you will not be prone to "snags" all the way down. Getting the induction right and getting STABLE is key to success. You are nervous and that it totally understood here. You are getting this and that's what's important.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Thanks iloerose!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast