Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Chris,

How's it going? Feeling stable yet? Give us an update soon.

Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Chris I have not been on here the last couple of days and I see where you went up to 6 mg. Like others have mentioned there is no need to feel bad about it. I hope that 6 mg is holding you well today and that you are able to get stable there. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey Chris,

How's it going? Feeling stable yet? Give us an update soon.

Kat
    Hi Kat, had just minor symptoms yesterday, hoping today is the first day. Thank you!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris I have not been on here the last couple of days and I see where you went up to 6 mg. Like others have mentioned there is no need to feel bad about it. I hope that 6 mg is holding you well today and that you are able to get stable there. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Thanks Alex!

michicat is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-04-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Hey there. Unfortunately, his doctor made him take 16mg the first day he started. After that, we helped him and he's only taking 6mg. He's coming from a very high Oxy habit, so 6mg is probably appropriate. He'll start his taper off in the next few days.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-04-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Chris dropping in to see how you are doing. I notice you have not posted the last couple of days and I hope all is going well for you. I know you have had some difficulty finding the right dose to get stable on and went to 6 mg to see if that would work. If by chance you felt that was not working for you and have ended up going to a higher dose then let us know. Perhaps you have been busy and just have not posted the last couple of days and 6 mg is working out for you. Either way I hope all is going well with you and hope that you post again soon and let us know how you are doing. Talk with you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Chris on one of your post you mentioned you had fear of getting stuck on suboxone and that is why you were so hell bent on tapering off of it. I hope maybe this will ease up your fear a little. I was on subs a total of 4 months and 2 days from my first dose of subs until my last dose of around .18. My first day I took 8 mg and on days 2 and 3 16 mg. On day 4 I was written my script and took 12 mg that day. I was not aware of the taper plan here until I had been on subs at least for a month. Anyway I ended up staying on 12 mg which was way way more then I needed for 15 days I think it was before I dropped to 10 mg. I had been on subs for 5 weeks and was at 8 mg when I found the taper plan here and then dropped to 6 mg. I then followed the taper plan here and did my drops on either 4 or 5 or 6 days between drops and was able to taper off without getting stuck on subs. I just wanted to post this to you just in case you were a little discouraged about having to get stable at a bit of a higher dose then you had hoped for. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Chris - where ya it? Hope things are going smooth for you, but if not let us know, we're here to help and support. Hop on and give an update please!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've had some stuff happen that I can't go into, but all is well now. I wound up being able to stabilize on 6mg's. As of today I'm starting my first taper to 4mg's. Again I'm really sorry it has been so long. Thanks so much for the comments and support!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've had some stuff happen that I can't go into, but all is well now. I wound up being able to stabilize on 6mg's. As of today I'm starting my first taper to 4mg's. Again I'm really sorry it has been so long. Thanks so much for the comments and support!
    Chris I just have a minute for right now but will check back in later tonight. Really good to hear from you and good to read that you were able to stabilize on 6 mg. There is no need for you to apologize because you have not posted recently. You stated that today is your first taper day and that you are dropping to 4 mg. While you may be fine with dropping to 4 mg a 25% drop would be going to 4.5 mg instead of 4 mg. I would really consider dropping to 4.5 mg as dropping to 4 mg would be a 33% drop. While it might not seem that big of a difference I would really hate to see you have some difficulty with your very first drop on your taper. You need to be patient while you are tapering and do not rush things. There is a saying here do it right and you will not have to ever do it again. Of course it is totally up to you on what you do reduce to but I just want to see you have as little of difficulty as possible while you are tapering. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

Chris I just have a minute for right now but will check back in later tonight. Really good to hear from you and good to read that you were able to stabilize on 6 mg. There is no need for you to apologize because you have not posted recently. You stated that today is your first taper day and that you are dropping to 4 mg. While you may be fine with dropping to 4 mg a 25% drop would be going to 4.5 mg instead of 4 mg. I would really consider dropping to 4.5 mg as dropping to 4 mg would be a 33% drop. While it might not seem that big of a difference I would really hate to see you have some difficulty with your very first drop on your taper. You need to be patient while you are tapering and do not rush things. There is a saying here do it right and you will not have to ever do it again. Of course it is totally up to you on what you do reduce to but I just want to see you have as little of difficulty as possible while you are tapering. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Thanks Alex, I'll go ahead and take the extra .5mg's, I didn't think it would matter, but it makes sense to follow the 25% rule.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I'm so happy that you've finally stabilized! I was worried about ya. Yeah, definitely go to 4.5mg, not 4. I know it seems like that small amount wouldn't matter, but it usually does.

Have a good evening...
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    I'm so happy that you've finally stabilized! I was worried about ya. Yeah, definitely go to 4.5mg, not 4. I know it seems like that small amount wouldn't matter, but it usually does.

Have a good evening...
    Kat
    Hi Kat! Thanks much, I've taken the additional. 5. You have a great one as well!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Good to hear that you are doing well, Chris. Getting and staying stable are so important and Kat and Alex will guide you in the right direction for sure! Be patient and keep moving forward, follow your body. You're going good!!!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Good to hear that you are doing well, Chris. Getting and staying stable are so important and Kat and Alex will guide you in the right direction for sure! Be patient and keep moving forward, follow your body. You're going good!!!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Thanks iloerose!

Chris I see where you decided to add .5 so congrats to you on your first day of your taper. Looking back I see where your first dose of 16 mg was 2 weeks ago yesterday so you are starting your taper at the 2 week mark. While I know you wanted to begin tapering a bit quicker then you have as it took a little extra time for you to get stable at a starting dose you have nothing to worry about there. Be thankful that besides the first day dose of 16 mg you were able to keep rest of your doses at 6 mg and lower. All this has basically done is just add about a week to your total taper time and trust me that is not bad at all. As I mentioned to you earlier 15 days after I began taking subs I was still taking 12 mgs a day and it was not until day 20 that I dropped to 10 mg so you are way ahead of where I was at this point of my 4 month taper. I know you have read over the taper plan designed by Robert 325 and have seen the 4 day drop schedule he suggest. Hopefully you are able to follow his plan but just remember the 4 days are not written in stone so while you are tapering there may be times where you may need an extra day or 2 spent at a certain dose to get stable so if that does occur do not worry about it. Try not to pick a certain date that you want to be completely off subs as it could cause you to drop a dose before being completely stable at a dose and mess up your taper. Remember it is not a race to get to the finish line its getting there with little to no symptoms that is most important. By being able to stabilize at 6 mg which while it is a pretty strong dose it is much lower then several members have started out at and remained there for long periods of time. Another thing that will be working in your favor is the fact that being at 4.5 mg now it will just take about three 25% drops on your taper and you will already be down to 2 mg. That is not to bad considering that just a little over 2 weeks ago you were taking 240 mg of oxy a day at least. Hope you have a good weekend and try to post as much as possible about how you are doing and a few of us will be here to try to help you out with any questions that you have and try to help you out in any way that we can. I am looking forward to following your journey here while you use subs as a tool to become opiate free. I wish you only the best and look forward to adding one more friend to many I have made on this wonderful site. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Chris I see where you decided to add .5 so congrats to you on your first day of your taper. Looking back I see where your first dose of 16 mg was 2 weeks ago yesterday so you are starting your taper at the 2 week mark. While I know you wanted to begin tapering a bit quicker then you have as it took a little extra time for you to get stable at a starting dose you have nothing to worry about there. Be thankful that besides the first day dose of 16 mg you were able to keep rest of your doses at 6 mg and lower. All this has basically done is just add about a week to your total taper time and trust me that is not bad at all. As I mentioned to you earlier 15 days after I began taking subs I was still taking 12 mgs a day and it was not until day 20 that I dropped to 10 mg so you are way ahead of where I was at this point of my 4 month taper. I know you have read over the taper plan designed by Robert 325 and have seen the 4 day drop schedule he suggest. Hopefully you are able to follow his plan but just remember the 4 days are not written in stone so while you are tapering there may be times where you may need an extra day or 2 spent at a certain dose to get stable so if that does occur do not worry about it. Try not to pick a certain date that you want to be completely off subs as it could cause you to drop a dose before being completely stable at a dose and mess up your taper. Remember it is not a race to get to the finish line its getting there with little to no symptoms that is most important. By being able to stabilize at 6 mg which while it is a pretty strong dose it is much lower then several members have started out at and remained there for long periods of time. Another thing that will be working in your favor is the fact that being at 4.5 mg now it will just take about three 25% drops on your taper and you will already be down to 2 mg. That is not to bad considering that just a little over 2 weeks ago you were taking 240 mg of oxy a day at least. Hope you have a good weekend and try to post as much as possible about how you are doing and a few of us will be here to try to help you out with any questions that you have and try to help you out in any way that we can. I am looking forward to following your journey here while you use subs as a tool to become opiate free. I wish you only the best and look forward to adding one more friend to many I have made on this wonderful site. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Hi Alex! Thanks for the advice. I am doing okay so far at 4.5 mg's. Over the last week, I've had some time to think about it and I'm just going to take my time and try to make this as symptom free as possible. I'm thick skull ed at times, originally I was trying to be off suboxone by Christmas, but I now realize that I need to slow down and let my body dictate the pace. Thanks again!
    iloerose, Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Glad to see you going good!! You've got this!

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Glad to see you going good!! You've got this!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Thanks iloerose!

I'm trying to figure out when I can stop going to the doctor. Right now I have quite a bit of medicine, my question is, if I'm at 4.5 mg's now, how much medicine will it take to safely taper off? How many mg's of Suboxone do I need to taper to zero?

Forget it, I figured it out, I have plenty of medicine to complete my taper.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Chris just dropping in to say hi and that i hope that 4.5 is holding you well. When i was tapering i never did feel any of my drops but a lot of people will post about feeling there drop on day 2 or day 3 so if you by chance have felt it a bit today then i just wanted to point out to you that it is nothing to be alarmed about. Hope you have enjoyed the weekend and i will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Chris just dropping in to say hi and that i hope that 4.5 is holding you well. When i was tapering i never did feel any of my drops but a lot of people will post about feeling there drop on day 2 or day 3 so if you by chance have felt it a bit today then i just wanted to point out to you that it is nothing to be alarmed about. Hope you have enjoyed the weekend and i will talk to you later.

Alex
    Hi Alex! I've had virtually no symptoms, which is actually surprising. I'm looking forward to tapering again tomorrow. Thanks for asking!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Barring a significant change in my condition, I'll be dropping to 3.375mg tomorrow morning. Quite honestly cuttinng these strips is less than fun. I'm amazed at how easy the first drop has been. If the remaining drops are this easy, I will be a very happy camper!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I need to take a moment to warn anyone who might be thinking of starting their own thread. Be careful of the screen name you choose, and what you reveal about yourself. I was careless about it and it's costing me dearly. Just a friendly warning. I'm sure most know that, but just in case.

Anonymous Guest

I need to take a moment to warn anyone who might be thinking of starting their own thread. Be careful of the screen name you choose, and what you reveal about yourself. I was careless about it and it's costing me dearly. Just a friendly warning. I'm sure most know that, but just in case.
    This has me kind of worried. Im wondering what would have happened to cost you dearly? work, government officials ? I feel like deleting my threads

Quote Originally Posted by butteflylove View Post
    This has me kind of worried. Im wondering what would have happened to cost you dearly? work, government officials ? I feel like deleting my threads
    I revealed to friends and family my intentions of starting Suboxone, someone did research and stumbled across this. I revealed too much.

Anonymous Guest

I revealed to friends and family my intentions of starting Suboxone, someone did research and stumbled across this. I revealed too much.

Im sorry that happened to you. This place should be a safe confidential place that lets you get your thoughts and mistakes out without being judged or consequences. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully things will turn around for you. Keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by butteflylove View Post
    Im sorry that happened to you. This place should be a safe confidential place that lets you get your thoughts and mistakes out without being judged or consequences. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully things will turn around for you. Keep the faith
    Thanks and you're welcome. I'm going to continue posting, although infrequently. I feel like this thread might help someone if I'm successful. Take care!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast