Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Wow, chris, sorry to hear about people stumbling on your thread. The one thing people need to understand is that the past is the past and it's more important what you do today to move yourself forward. Always remember that this is about YOU and who you chose to become, it is your life, no matter what happens. What many people are doing here takes more courage and strength than climbing Everest, and is a life long endeavor. I'm sure I'm pretty recognizable to anyone who choses to read through this board, LOL.

'Nough preaching. OK. As far as cutting suboxone google our ol' pal Harry Smooth Cutting Suboxone Film and look for his video. Use tweezers and nail scissors to cut your sub. One more thing, don't do a drop until you are completely stable: do it once, do it right. Sounds like you're doing well!!! Push on!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Wow, chris, sorry to hear about people stumbling on your thread. The one thing people need to understand is that the past is the past and it's more important what you do today to move yourself forward. Always remember that this is about YOU and who you chose to become, it is your life, no matter what happens. What many people are doing here takes more courage and strength than climbing Everest, and is a life long endeavor. I'm sure I'm pretty recognizable to anyone who choses to read through this board, LOL.

'Nough preaching. OK. As far as cutting suboxone google our ol' pal Harry Smooth Cutting Suboxone Film and look for his video. Use tweezers and nail scissors to cut your sub. One more thing, don't do a drop until you are completely stable: do it once, do it right. Sounds like you're doing well!!! Push on!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Thanks Iloerose, I'm using an exacto knife and vernier calipers for measuring, I have a lot of experience measuring and working with my hands, I'm pretty accurate, it's time consuming, but worth it.
    iloerose likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I'm sorry to hear that someone found your thread and is apparently judging you for it. I think that's totally unfair and ridiculous. If others knew what it was like to walk in our shoes, they wouldn't be so quick to judge. Like Rose said, all that matters is you're working towards getting clean. That should be a GOOD thing to the person who read it. And frankly, it's nobody's damn business anyway.

I hope you keep posting often. You're doing so well and I look forward to following your taper to the end.

Kat
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that someone found your thread and is apparently judging you for it. I think that's totally unfair and ridiculous. If others knew what it was like to walk in our shoes, they wouldn't be so quick to judge. Like Rose said, all that matters is you're working towards getting clean. That should be a GOOD thing to the person who read it. And frankly, it's nobody's damn business anyway.

I hope you keep posting often. You're doing so well and I look forward to following your taper to the end.

Kat
    You're awesome Kat, thanks!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

First time I heard of using calipers!!!! Had a good laugh, but it's a great idea!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

First time I heard of using calipers!!!! Had a good laugh, but it's a great idea!

Peace,

Iloerose
    lol, thanks!

Starting my second taper to 3.375. If there's any problems I'll just go to 3.5, it would be easier than working with .125 pieces anyway, we'll see.
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Starting my second taper to 3.375. If there's any problems I'll just go to 3.5, it would be easier than working with .125 pieces anyway, we'll see.
    Chris sorry to read where someone was able to find your thread that you had not intended on seeing. Nice to see you are on your second reduction starting today. To make it more simple I probably would have just dropped to 3.5 but if you are able to measure your dose to 3.375 at least on your next drop it will put you at 2.5 which will be easy to measure. Hoping that this drop treats you as well as your drop to 4.5 did as it should. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris sorry to read where someone was able to find your thread that you had not intended on seeing. Nice to see you are on your second reduction starting today. To make it more simple I probably would have just dropped to 3.5 but if you are able to measure your dose to 3.375 at least on your next drop it will put you at 2.5 which will be easy to measure. Hoping that this drop treats you as well as your drop to 4.5 did as it should. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Hi Alex, thanks! I'm having a hard time with the .125 dose, so tomorrow I think I might go to 3.5. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow, but if I have as much trouble as today, I'll go to 3.5. Have a great night and thanks again!

Hi Alex, thanks! I'm having a hard time with the .125 dose, so tomorrow I think I might go to 3.5. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow, but if I have as much trouble as today, I'll go to 3.5. Have a great night and thanks again!
    Chris as you taper down if you try to drop exactly 25% on each drop you will end up at doses impossible to measure. While I was tapering I just always rounded up my next drop to make it easier. It made some of my drops about 20% instead of 25% but I just wanted to make sure my drop was never more then 25%. It may have added a little more time to my taper but I wanted as little of discomfort as possible while I tapered and for when I jumped. It ended up working out pretty well for me and since you were able to get stable at 6 mg and start tapering from there I think it should work out well for you. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and Randy35 like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi Chris
    I just want to follow up on your induction and now Taper!
    Wow you are doing great!!
    It is hard to be patient..
    Like Kat says "do it right and you'll only have to do it once".
    I am so glad you are continuing to post you are an inspiration..
    Will check back later
    Take Care
    Iluv2

BTW calipers work great!
    Thanks for the idea!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Chris - just wanted to catch up with you and say how proud I am of you, and your progress. Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy with "life" stuff and realizing how nice it is not to have to take something to "improve" my outlook on the day. All that you may go through in your journey is so worth it!!!

Sorry to hear about those judging you that found your thread. It's on THEM to produce any negativity while you just continue doing what you're doing. Let them judge you after you're clean and they see the new Chris. Bet they have different things to say then!

I also got a huge roar about using calipers to cut the strips! Lol. Too funny, but if it helps that's great!!!

I always have a tough time when I see someone on subs struggling a bit to figure the next dose, or how to cut the strips. I used some scissors and cut each film down the middle in halves until I got the dose I wanted. I never measured because I knew i was going to be close enough. It's so much mental thinking we have to be EXACT, when close enough usually suffices. My opinion anyway.

BTW - for you and others reading along, it's really easy to get the next dose number when reducing. Just multiply your current dose by .75 and you get the next dose! If it's a crazy fraction number, just round it off, usually higher.

I was reading Alex's post about the next dose reduction, and his suggestion to "round up" the funny fractions when they pop up. And they will, and his idea is a great one too! I didn't want to mess around with all that (I confuse easily) and once I was down to 2mg I began reducing by .25mg and not 25% I've said this a few times previously, but I reduced from 2mg to 1.75mg, then to 1.5mg, and then to 1.25mg and so on until I was down to .25mg of sub per day. So easy! I decided to make one final reduction to .125mg and that was it. It just made it easier (for me) and I experienced no issues whatsoever!

Some of the doses will be more than 25%, but some will also be less than 25% too. I think in the end it all equals out. Not trying to get you to do it my way, just mentioning the way I did it. There are always different ways to do most things and that was mine.

The main thing is to NOT reduce before you're ready - don't get in any hurry or this stuff will bite you hard. I along with Alex had probably one of the easiest times getting off the sub. It wasn't painless of course, and I didn't expect it to be, but overall it was just another few days of misery, that in the end gave me my life back!!!

Keep on track and don't look back! (cheesy) Lol.

Chris as you taper down if you try to drop exactly 25% on each drop you will end up at doses impossible to measure. While I was tapering I just always rounded up my next drop to make it easier. It made some of my drops about 20% instead of 25% but I just wanted to make sure my drop was never more then 25%. It may have added a little more time to my taper but I wanted as little of discomfort as possible while I tapered and for when I jumped. It ended up working out pretty well for me and since you were able to get stable at 6 mg and start tapering from there I think it should work out well for you. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Hi Alex, I went to 3.5, thanks for the advice! Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Hi Chris
    I just want to follow up on your induction and now Taper!
    Wow you are doing great!!
    It is hard to be patient..
    Like Kat says "do it right and you'll only have to do it once".
    I am so glad you are continuing to post you are an inspiration..
    Will check back later
    Take Care
    Iluv2

BTW calipers work great!
    Thanks for the idea!
    Hi and thanks iluv2, have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - just wanted to catch up with you and say how proud I am of you, and your progress. Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy with "life" stuff and realizing how nice it is not to have to take something to "improve" my outlook on the day. All that you may go through in your journey is so worth it!!!

Sorry to hear about those judging you that found your thread. It's on THEM to produce any negativity while you just continue doing what you're doing. Let them judge you after you're clean and they see the new Chris. Bet they have different things to say then!

I also got a huge roar about using calipers to cut the strips! Lol. Too funny, but if it helps that's great!!!

I always have a tough time when I see someone on subs struggling a bit to figure the next dose, or how to cut the strips. I used some scissors and cut each film down the middle in halves until I got the dose I wanted. I never measured because I knew i was going to be close enough. It's so much mental thinking we have to be EXACT, when close enough usually suffices. My opinion anyway.

BTW - for you and others reading along, it's really easy to get the next dose number when reducing. Just multiply your current dose by .75 and you get the next dose! If it's a crazy fraction number, just round it off, usually higher.

I was reading Alex's post about the next dose reduction, and his suggestion to "round up" the funny fractions when they pop up. And they will, and his idea is a great one too! I didn't want to mess around with all that (I confuse easily) and once I was down to 2mg I began reducing by .25mg and not 25% I've said this a few times previously, but I reduced from 2mg to 1.75mg, then to 1.5mg, and then to 1.25mg and so on until I was down to .25mg of sub per day. So easy! I decided to make one final reduction to .125mg and that was it. It just made it easier (for me) and I experienced no issues whatsoever!

Some of the doses will be more than 25%, but some will also be less than 25% too. I think in the end it all equals out. Not trying to get you to do it my way, just mentioning the way I did it. There are always different ways to do most things and that was mine.

The main thing is to NOT reduce before you're ready - don't get in any hurry or this stuff will bite you hard. I along with Alex had probably one of the easiest times getting off the sub. It wasn't painless of course, and I didn't expect it to be, but overall it was just another few days of misery, that in the end gave me my life back!!!

Keep on track and don't look back! (cheesy) Lol.
    Hi Randy, this is my second attempt to respond to your post, my computer is struggling with the forums today. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It helps to hear how other people had success. I wound up rounding up to 3.5. I'll have to see how I am when I get to 2, but if it continues to be this easy, I'll be thrilled. I'm quite surprised by how well it's going. It was just a short time ago I was struggling at 6, but I guess my body and mind are adapting. I find myself getting a little cranky, but no biggy. Thanks again and have a great day!

Someone on another thread suggested using meditation music on YouTube to relax and meditate, I did that last night and it actually worked. I'm finding that attitude has a lot to do with this, as others have suggested. Thank you all, and God bless!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

AWESOME! You can make your own playlists to for your favs. Have you tried a CHAKRA meditation? Brings your attention to your energy centres and helps you heal them Something I missed when in the haze. NAMASTE

Someone on another thread suggested using meditation music on YouTube to relax and meditate, I did that last night and it actually worked. I'm finding that attitude has a lot to do with this, as others have suggested. Thank you all, and God bless!
    That was me So glad it worked for you. I love listening to those tracks when I'm feeling anxious or right before bed.

Glad to see your taper is going so well!
    Kat

That was me So glad it worked for you. I love listening to those tracks when I'm feeling anxious or right before bed.

Glad to see your taper is going so well!
    Kat
    Well thanks then, it helped me to unwind. I'm going to keep on with that, it's a great way to end the day. Have a great night!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi! I'm in day 3 from my last taper and feeling good, but last night was a bit odd. I awoke a few hours early sweating and aching. I fell back to sleep within 15 minutes and woke up at my usual time feeling okay. Quite honestly I feel good today with no sings of withdrawal. Should I restart the clock on my 4 days because of that, or maybe add a day?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi! I'm in day 3 from my last taper and feeling good, but last night was a bit odd. I awoke a few hours early sweating and aching. I fell back to sleep within 15 minutes and woke up at my usual time feeling okay. Quite honestly I feel good today with no sings of withdrawal. Should I restart the clock on my 4 days because of that, or maybe add a day?
    Hey Chris - Honestly that's not too bad just having a single episode of symptoms. I myself would suggest you taper when ready. Now if you were having some form of symptoms a few times a day and maybe once or twice during the night then you would probably want to take a few more days and reset the taper. But I think you're good to go if you're feeling good overall. A few symptoms here and there are too be expected seeing as how you're getting off strong drugs!

Proud of you buddy.
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - Honestly that's not too bad just having a single episode of symptoms. I myself would suggest you taper when ready. Now if you were having some form of symptoms a few times a day and maybe once or twice during the night then you would probably want to take a few more days and reset the taper. But I think you're good to go if you're feeling good overall. A few symptoms here and there are too be expected seeing as how you're getting off strong drugs!

Proud of you buddy.
    Thanks for the response Randy. Yeah its just the one episode. I'll follow your advice and taper Saturday as planned, thanks again!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Happy Friday! I'm nearly through my second taper. Tomorrow morning, barring any set back, I will reduce my dose to 2.75mg's. The only symptom I have had is sweats and aches for a short time the other night, since that time I've been stable. I'm really surprised that I haven't had any significant withdrawal. Reading others threads, it seems that once people get to 2mg's, they begin to feel the drops. Hopefully that doesn't happen. In the past I've been able to kick Norco quite easily, so I'm hoping the symptoms I do feel are no worse than that. Well, I'll check in as things progres . I really appreciate all of you who have taken the time to post. Have a great weekend!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Happy Friday! I'm nearly through my second taper. Tomorrow morning, barring any set back, I will reduce my dose to 2.75mg's. The only symptom I have had is sweats and aches for a short time the other night, since that time I've been stable. I'm really surprised that I haven't had any significant withdrawal. Reading others threads, it seems that once people get to 2mg's, they begin to feel the drops. Hopefully that doesn't happen. In the past I've been able to kick Norco quite easily, so I'm hoping the symptoms I do feel are no worse than that. Well, I'll check in as things progres . I really appreciate all of you who have taken the time to post. Have a great weekend!
    Chris great to read that your taper is going smooth and that besides the little bit of aches and sweats you had for a short period that you are remaining stable. Seeing how your taper has been going good so far I really believe that you are going to have a fairly smooth taper rest of the way. When I got down below 2mg I still never felt any of my drops. Since you were able to get stable at 6 mg and started tapering right after that it will mean you wont be spending a whole lot of time on subs which will work to your advantage as you get to lower doses and for when you are ready to jump. Best wishes to you on tomorrows drop and I hope you have a good weekend.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Chris great to read that your taper is going smooth and that besides the little bit of aches and sweats you had for a short period that you are remaining stable. Seeing how your taper has been going good so far I really believe that you are going to have a fairly smooth taper rest of the way. When I got down below 2mg I still never felt any of my drops. Since you were able to get stable at 6 mg and started tapering right after that it will mean you wont be spending a whole lot of time on subs which will work to your advantage as you get to lower doses and for when you are ready to jump. Best wishes to you on tomorrows drop and I hope you have a good weekend.

Alex
    Hi Alex! Thanks. I'm glad to hear that it might be relatively smooth as continue. Take care!

Hey, Chris, Great that your taper is going so well!!! I remember the rather shaky start, LOL. You are doing amazing with the taper: follow your body. Now is the time to start thinking: "What am I going to differently?" In other words, what are you planning to STAY clean? Those are your questions to think about and answer, getting clean is relatively easy, staying that way can be hard!!!

Wishing you the best!!!

Peace,

Iloerose

Hey, Chris, Great that your taper is going so well!!! I remember the rather shaky start, LOL. You are doing amazing with the taper: follow your body. Now is the time to start thinking: "What am I going to differently?" In other words, what are you planning to STAY clean? Those are your questions to think about and answer, getting clean is relatively easy, staying that way can be hard!!!

Wishing you the best!!!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Hi Iloerose, thanks for the support. I've been attending AA. I'm going to have to do everything differently. My way has never worked. I've decided that I'm going to follow suggestions from people here and at those meetings. I'm leaning heavily on God and making every effort to listen to him speak through others. Thanks again, and rock on!

At the same time I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. Today has passed without the urge to ingest anything to alter my reality, with the exception of Suboxone. That's a miracle. My hope is that tomorrow at this time, I can say that again, and maybe a couple months down the road, I'll be able to leave Suboxone out of that statement. Until then, I'm taking it a moment at a time.

At the same time I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. Today has passed without the urge to ingest anything to alter my reality, with the exception of Suboxone. That's a miracle. My hope is that tomorrow at this time, I can say that again, and maybe a couple months down the road, I'll be able to leave Suboxone out of that statement. Until then, I'm taking it a moment at a time.
    I'm really glad to hear that you're going to AA. Good for you! I've found that nothing makes me feel better than a meeting and talking to the friends I've made there, including my sponsor. I can be an anxious mess...then I'll go to a meeting and feel at peace. It's kinda amazing, actually. Have you found a sponsor?

It's ok to take it a moment at a time. There were some days I had to take it a minute at a time! As long as we're not using, those moments become easier.

I had the "middle of the night" sweats (gross!) and anxiety all the time, so consider yourself lucky that it came and went rather quickly, lol. Little symptoms here and there will pop up from time to time. Mine were more pronounced because I'd been on Sub forever.

You're moving along great...
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

I'm really glad to hear that you're going to AA. Good for you! I've found that nothing makes me feel better than a meeting and talking to the friends I've made there, including my sponsor. I can be an anxious mess...then I'll go to a meeting and feel at peace. It's kinda amazing, actually. Have you found a sponsor?

It's ok to take it a moment at a time. There were some days I had to take it a minute at a time! As long as we're not using, those moments become easier.

I had the "middle of the night" sweats (gross!) and anxiety all the time, so consider yourself lucky that it came and went rather quickly, lol. Little symptoms here and there will pop up from time to time. Mine were more pronounced because I'd been on Sub forever.

You're moving along great...
    Kat
    Hi Kat. No sponsor as of yet. I'm going to have to get to work on that. Meetings have a calming effect on me as well. I do consider myself lucky to this point. I was expecting a lot worse. Thank you for your support and comments! Have a great weekend!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast