Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
Starting Suboxone
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey, Chris, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you, hope all is well!

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Hey, Chris, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you, hope all is well!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Hi Iloerose! Things are going good. I'm in day three of my taper and haven't had any symptoms. Thanks for asking!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Very good to hear, Chris, that all is well!!! What dose are you at now?

Very good to hear, Chris, that all is well!!! What dose are you at now?
    Hi, I'm taking 3.5 mg's. Tomorrow I will drop to 2.75, unless I become symptomatic before then. Take care and thank you.

Chris: Follow your body. Make sure you are solidly stable and you'll be o.k. You are doing great!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thanks Iloerose, I'm stable. It's quite surprising that I'm not experiencing more symptoms when you consider that a short time ago I needed 6mg's.

Hi! I've been experiencing the nods quite often lately. It's something that used to happen with oxy, but now it's happening with Suboxone. It's noticeable and embarrassing. Today I was talking to someone, looking them square in the eye's, when suddenly I closed my eyes, and moments later I woke up from it with that person looking at me like I was wasted.

I've had family members say to me that I seem, "Out of it".

I do that when I eat too much sugar. Yeah, it's embarrassing. Let me get to Kat and Alex to give you some help here.

I do that when I eat too much sugar. Yeah, it's embarrassing. Let me get to Kat and Alex to give you some help here.
    Thanks iloerose!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Hi! I've been experiencing the nods quite often lately. It's something that used to happen with oxy, but now it's happening with Suboxone. It's noticeable and embarrassing. Today I was talking to someone, looking them square in the eye's, when suddenly I closed my eyes, and moments later I woke up from it with that person looking at me like I was wasted.
    That is completely bizarre. I never had any sensation like that in all the years I took Sub. I felt tired a lot, but that's it. Hmmm. I'm not quite sure what to suggest. Are you saying it's a full on opiate-like high?

I've heard a few others say the same thing from time to time. It usually only lasts a few minutes. I'm gonna look something up...be back.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-18-2014 at 04:49 PM.

EDIT TO ABOVE:

When I said "it only lasts a few minutes", I meant the "high" feeling; not the nodding off thing..lol.

Kat

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Chris - It really sounds to me as if the dose you're now on (3.5mg) is actually a bit too high (for YOU) and is causing the problem. I do know sub is STRONG, very strong and can cause periods of the nods, or that blank look you give others sometimes. In my case it was when I was on 4-8mg. Once I got down to 3mg and below the problem disappeared.

You were at 6mg so you should have some sub build up in your system. And you keep adding to it by dosing each day. The half life in YOUR case may be more like 72 hours which would mean you have lots of sub in your system which could be a reason you're having the episodes of the nods.

I think once you get down a bit lower in dose, like 3mg and below it will get better for you. Sub can affect all of us differently, and maybe the dose you're now on affects YOU more than it might someone else.

Your next drop is to 2.75mg tomorrow and I'm willing to bet you will not notice the nods so much at that dose. Sure it's a guess on my part, but it does make a bit of sense in my opinion. All I can think of buddy. Hope it DOES get better once you reduce. I remember that part very well, and others thought I was just high again and wanted nothing to do with me. Hang in there - you're doing great!
    iloerose and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    EDIT TO ABOVE:

When I said "it only lasts a few minutes", I meant the "high" feeling; not the nodding off thing..lol.

Kat
    Hi Kat. Thanks, it's not so much a high, but extremely tired. Hopefully it goes away at a lower dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Chris - It really sounds to me as if the dose you're now on (3.5mg) is actually a bit too high (for YOU) and is causing the problem. I do know sub is STRONG, very strong and can cause periods of the nods, or that blank look you give others sometimes. In my case it was when I was on 4-8mg. Once I got down to 3mg and below the problem disappeared.

You were at 6mg so you should have some sub build up in your system. And you keep adding to it by dosing each day. The half life in YOUR case may be more like 72 hours which would mean you have lots of sub in your system which could be a reason you're having the episodes of the nods.

I think once you get down a bit lower in dose, like 3mg and below it will get better for you. Sub can affect all of us differently, and maybe the dose you're now on affects YOU more than it might someone else.

Your next drop is to 2.75mg tomorrow and I'm willing to bet you will not notice the nods so much at that dose. Sure it's a guess on my part, but it does make a bit of sense in my opinion. All I can think of buddy. Hope it DOES get better once you reduce. I remember that part very well, and others thought I was just high again and wanted nothing to do with me. Hang in there - you're doing great!
    Thanks Randy. I hope you're right. Really I can't complain when I read what others are going through. It's a lot better than full blown oxy withdrawal.

Chris: Try some L-tyrosine w/b-6. There is another supplement you can take called "Boost" from Irwin Naturals, health food store. Perhaps either will help you will help stay focused and "awake". I do agree with Randy, though. Perhaps once you're down under 3mg. that will help, as long as you're stable first.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-18-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

Hi Kat. Thanks, it's not so much a high, but extremely tired. Hopefully it goes away at a lower dose.
    Ohhh, ok. When you said "nodding off", I assumed you meant a euphoric-type sensation because we usually hear that term used when someone is high on opiates. Yeah, being tired is a pretty common side effect. If I knew that's what you meant, I would have suggested the following: energy supplements (like MioEnergy, VitaMelts, etc), a timed-release Balanced B-100 Complex, or any other "energy" type supplement you can find. Rose mentioned L-Tyrosine w/B6. It works pretty well for some. Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep and lots of water. Exercise works wonders for energy levels.

I looked up another forum that I've read from time to time. For whatever reason, a lot of people seem to get really tired at lower doses...which is weird.

Hope it goes away!
    Kat
    alexnt and iloerose like this.

Chris: Try some L-tyrosine w/b-6. There is another supplement you can take called "Boost" from Irwin Naturals, health food store. Perhaps either will help you will help stay focused and "awake". I do agree with Randy, though. Perhaps once you're down under 3mg. that will help, as long as you're stable first.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Thanks iloerose! Will do.

Ohhh, ok. When you said "nodding off", I assumed you meant a euphoric-type sensation because we usually hear that term used when someone is high on opiates. Yeah, being tired is a pretty common side effect. If I knew that's what you meant, I would have suggested the following: energy supplements (like MioEnergy, VitaMelts, etc), a timed-release Balanced B-100 Complex, or any other "energy" type supplement you can find. Rose mentioned L-Tyrosine w/B6. It works pretty well for some. Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep and lots of water. Exercise works wonders for energy levels.

I looked up another forum that I've read from time to time. For whatever reason, a lot of people seem to get really tired at lower doses...which is weird.

Hope it goes away!
    Kat
    Thanks Kat! Gonna get some supplements. It is weird because it seems like the lower I go, the more tired I get, but it's better than withdrawal. Take care!
    alexnt likes this.

Another side effect is weight gain. I've gained 15 lbs since induction. As far as exercise goes, out of the question. I'm sapped. Like I said, I fell asleep mid conversation with someone this morning. Tomorrow I go to 2.75mg's. I'll report back if there are any symptoms or worsening of side effects. Have a great night.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Another side effect is weight gain. I've gained 15 lbs since induction. As far as exercise goes, out of the question. I'm sapped. Like I said, I fell asleep mid conversation with someone this morning. Tomorrow I go to 2.75mg's. I'll report back if there are any symptoms or worsening of side effects. Have a great night.

Double/Triple up on the protein in the way of food, and especially some good protein shakes. They along with the vitamins and supplements the others have suggested will help quite a bit. At least it did for me Chris.

And keep remembering that this will all pass soon. It just takes some time as your mind and body is going through quite a change right now. As your sub dose lowers you should begin feeling better as most seem to do including me! Hang in there!
    iloerose and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Double/Triple up on the protein in the way of food, and especially some good protein shakes. They along with the vitamins and supplements the others have suggested will help quite a bit. At least it did for me Chris.

And keep remembering that this will all pass soon. It just takes some time as your mind and body is going through quite a change right now. As your sub dose lowers you should begin feeling better as most seem to do including me! Hang in there!
    Thanks much Randy! I'm going first thing in the morning for supplements. Take care!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Chris a lot of people actually stat feeling better as there doses get lower. I know a lot of people mention feeling some fatigue while there tapering and when they jump. In my case I don't know if you would call it fatigue or lack of motivation but I went thru some of that myself. In your case you say you have been getting the nods. If it is actually fatigue you are feeling then I would try taking the L-Tyrosine w/b6 in it. If I remember right its best to take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Anywhere from 500mg to 2000 mg is what people take. I usually took 1 500 mg pill or sometimes 2 while I was tapering. Also a timed release Balance b-100 complex that Kath mentioned I took 1 of those during my taper. You said exercise at the moment is put of the question but when you drop again and if the fatigue symptoms do ease up some then try to force yourself to just a 12 minute brisk walk a day. That itself will help you out in the long run. I like what you did reply to Randy about it beats full blown Oxy WD however. Whenever you are feeling a bit off while tapering always try to compare how you are currently feeling to if you had just done a CT off of oxys and that itself should be helpful. Hope the next drop goes well and also hoping that the nods soon vanish for you. Talk with you later my friend.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris a lot of people actually stat feeling better as there doses get lower. I know a lot of people mention feeling some fatigue while there tapering and when they jump. In my case I don't know if you would call it fatigue or lack of motivation but I went thru some of that myself. In your case you say you have been getting the nods. If it is actually fatigue you are feeling then I would try taking the L-Tyrosine w/b6 in it. If I remember right its best to take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Anywhere from 500mg to 2000 mg is what people take. I usually took 1 500 mg pill or sometimes 2 while I was tapering. Also a timed release Balance b-100 complex that Kath mentioned I took 1 of those during my taper. You said exercise at the moment is put of the question but when you drop again and if the fatigue symptoms do ease up some then try to force yourself to just a 12 minute brisk walk a day. That itself will help you out in the long run. I like what you did reply to Randy about it beats full blown Oxy WD however. Whenever you are feeling a bit off while tapering always try to compare how you are currently feeling to if you had just done a CT off of oxys and that itself should be helpful. Hope the next drop goes well and also hoping that the nods soon vanish for you. Talk with you later my friend.

Alex
    Hi Alex! Thanks for the response. Will do. Take care!

I went to the store and purchased the suggested supplements. I've dropped my Suboxone dose to 2.75. Tomorrow I have what I hope is my last appointment to get more Suboxone. I have plenty but I prepaid this appointment so I might as well go. I've been thinking about the side effects I'm having, and yesterday I was convinced that as I dropped the dose, the effects were worsening, however after the comments I received and what I have read from others, I'm convinced that it's more about the length of time I've been taking it. It seems that the longer we take Suboxone, the more adverse the effects become or at least that's what others have suggested. I'm glad my body doesn't like the drug, because if it did, it would be harder to quit. These side effects are minor in comparison to oxy withdrawal. I'm blessed, or rather we're blessed that there is an option other than cold turkey withdrawal. I'm grateful for Suboxone, and I'm grateful for you people. Those of you who have taken the time to comment on my thread and others, are doing a great thing. It's my hope that once I've achieved sobriety, I can also help others by sharing my experience. In fact I'm hoping that as I continue to post, someone might learn from my mistakes simply by reading this.Thank you!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

I went to the store and purchased the suggested supplements. I've dropped my Suboxone dose to 2.75. Tomorrow I have what I hope is my last appointment to get more Suboxone. I have plenty but I prepaid this appointment so I might as well go. I've been thinking about the side effects I'm having, and yesterday I was convinced that as I dropped the dose, the effects were worsening, however after the comments I received and what I have read from others, I'm convinced that it's more about the length of time I've been taking it. It seems that the longer we take Suboxone, the more adverse the effects become or at least that's what others have suggested. I'm glad my body doesn't like the drug, because if it did, it would be harder to quit. These side effects are minor in comparison to oxy withdrawal. I'm blessed, or rather we're blessed that there is an option other than cold turkey withdrawal. I'm grateful for Suboxone, and I'm grateful for you people. Those of you who have taken the time to comment on my thread and others, are doing a great thing. It's my hope that once I've achieved sobriety, I can also help others by sharing my experience. In fact I'm hoping that as I continue to post, someone might learn from my mistakes simply by reading this.Thank you!
    Chris I see where you have an appointment for what you are hoping is your last one to get more subs. I remember my last visit to the clinic for my script for my subs. I knew that when my Dr wrote me my 2 week script that day that I had more then enough to taper off and it was a very nice feeling knowing I did not need to go back there and keep paying them $90 a week to have my scripts written. I did not tell them that day instead I wrote them a letter the next day thanking them for there help and that they could remove me from there patient list and let someone else take my place. Hope your drop to 2.75 goes smooth and keep on posting because even if you might not feel so at the moment you are im sure helping someone right now that might be getting ready to start subs. Talk to you later.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Chris I see where you have an appointment for what you are hoping is your last one to get more subs. I remember my last visit to the clinic for my script for my subs. I knew that when my Dr wrote me my 2 week script that day that I had more then enough to taper off and it was a very nice feeling knowing I did not need to go back there and keep paying them $90 a week to have my scripts written. I did not tell them that day instead I wrote them a letter the next day thanking them for there help and that they could remove me from there patient list and let someone else take my place. Hope your drop to 2.75 goes smooth and keep on posting because even if you might not feel so at the moment you are im sure helping someone right now that might be getting ready to start subs. Talk to you later.

Alex
    Hi Alex, I was thinking about calling them Monday to tell them I won't be coming back. Thanks for your support, take care.

I am had my doctor's appointment today and then an interview. On my way to the interview I was feeling under the weather and had just picked up my script so I took and entire 8mg film. It was a moment of weakness. So now I guess I have to wait 72 hours for that large dose to exit my system and then go an additional 4 days at the 2.75mg's I'm supposed to be taking.

I am had my doctor's appointment today and then an interview. On my way to the interview I was feeling under the weather and had just picked up my script so I took and entire 8mg film. It was a moment of weakness. So now I guess I have to wait 72 hours for that large dose to exit my system and then go an additional 4 days at the 2.75mg's I'm supposed to be taking.
    Oops. That wasn't a good move, lol. I think your plan to wait a few days and then stay at your current dose a little while longer is a good idea. You mean you're gonna skip the next few days, right? You should. You've got a lot of Sub in your system now.

Don't worry. You're not the first person who's done this and you certainly won't be the last. Just get yourself right back on track and everything will work out fine.

Kat

Oops. That wasn't a good move, lol. I think your plan to wait a few days and then stay at your current dose a little while longer is a good idea. You mean you're gonna skip the next few days, right? You should. You've got a lot of Sub in your system now.

Don't worry. You're not the first person who's done this and you certainly won't be the last. Just get yourself right back on track and everything will work out fine.

Kat
    Hi Kat, yes skip three days then re up at 2.75. Thanks for your support.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast