Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 2 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By alexnt
Starting Suboxone Treatment Tomorrow - Induction
    jakesdarlin07 is offline New Member

Default Starting Suboxone Treatment Tomorrow - Induction

I finally have an Induction appointment to start Suboxone Treatment. I had an "Orientation" appointment today which is just signing all the papers an learning about Suboxone Treatment. When I was leaving my appointment today, they scheduled me an appointment for tomorrow (Friday) to see the Doctor for Induction at 10:40am. I later called the Suboxone Clinic Office where I was at and asked them how long my appointment should take because my fiancé works so I have to have my brother take me. They told me they couldn't say for sure. I asked them if they could give me an estimate, would it take 1 hour or 2-3 hours? They told me it would definitely not take 2-3 hours, and they said it would probably only take around 20 minutes. ?? Oh and when I left the office I asked the woman if I needed to be in withdrawal for my appointment and she said yes. And the papers I have from that clinic say that I need to be at least at a 12 on the COWS sheet to be able to start Suboxone. Also the papers say "On the day of your induction you will receive a prescription for Suboxone" and it tells me how to take it. I have heard of a few people that were in and out on their Induction appointment and the Doctor wrote them a prescription and had them start the Suboxone when they got home. But most people I hear that Suboxone Induction takes 2-4 hours and the doctor starts their suboxone dose in the doctors office. What do you think this will mean for my appointment tomorrow? I can't call an ask because their office is closed now and my appointment is in like 14 hours. Will I most likely start my Suboxone at home? Have you experienced something similar when you started Suboxone?? I would really like to know what to expect tomorrow morning. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakesdarlin07 View Post
    I finally have an Induction appointment to start Suboxone Treatment. I had an "Orientation" appointment today which is just signing all the papers an learning about Suboxone Treatment. When I was leaving my appointment today, they scheduled me an appointment for tomorrow (Friday) to see the Doctor for Induction at 10:40am. I later called the Suboxone Clinic Office where I was at and asked them how long my appointment should take because my fiancé works so I have to have my brother take me. They told me they couldn't say for sure. I asked them if they could give me an estimate, would it take 1 hour or 2-3 hours? They told me it would definitely not take 2-3 hours, and they said it would probably only take around 20 minutes. ?? Oh and when I left the office I asked the woman if I needed to be in withdrawal for my appointment and she said yes. And the papers I have from that clinic say that I need to be at least at a 12 on the COWS sheet to be able to start Suboxone. Also the papers say "On the day of your induction you will receive a prescription for Suboxone" and it tells me how to take it. I have heard of a few people that were in and out on their Induction appointment and the Doctor wrote them a prescription and had them start the Suboxone when they got home. But most people I hear that Suboxone Induction takes 2-4 hours and the doctor starts their suboxone dose in the doctors office. What do you think this will mean for my appointment tomorrow? I can't call an ask because their office is closed now and my appointment is in like 14 hours. Will I most likely start my Suboxone at home? Have you experienced something similar when you started Suboxone?? I would really like to know what to expect tomorrow morning. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums here. I really cant answer your question on weather or not you will have to induct at your doctors office or if you will be written your script and sent on your way. I had to take my dose at the clinic I went to the first 3 days before I was written a script on day 4. I was at a clinic and not at a regular doctors office though. As for the being at 12 on the Cows sheet i have always believed to be in full WD you need to be at 26 on it to avoid PWD which you do not want to go thru. Since you have an appointment to see the Dr at 10 40 for induction it sounds like that maybe you will not be there that long especially if the dr is just going to write you a script. If the dr is going to induct you there though it could be much longer as the dr will want to see if you stabilize on the dose you are given. Sorry i can not give you a definite answer. Best wishes to you and let us know how things go.

Alex

Thank you for your reply! I am about 24 hours since I had any narcotics. I have 2 more hours until my appointment. Im nervous but happy to be starting this so I can focus on getting off the drugs and getting my life in order. I have had a rough past and I'm tired of being "stuck" in old habits. The lady on the phone at the Medical Department at the clinic said my appointment should only take about 20 minutes so my guess is that they send you home to start you Rx. I will update this post when I get home after my appointment. Thank you!

So I had my appointment. It went really well. I sat in the waiting room for about 45 minutes but once I went back to see the Doctor it only took about 15 minutes. They wrote me a prescription to fill for one weeks worth, taking only 1 8 mg per day to try for the first week. She was nice and very understanding about the whole process!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

So I had my appointment. It went really well. I sat in the waiting room for about 45 minutes but once I went back to see the Doctor it only took about 15 minutes. They wrote me a prescription to fill for one weeks worth, taking only 1 8 mg per day to try for the first week. She was nice and very understanding about the whole process!
    Hey JD - Please make ABSOLUTELY certian you're in FULL withdrawals before taking a first dose of sub. If you go into PW's you will wish you hadn't I promise. Use that Cows and get to a score of 26 as Alex suggested. It will make the difference.

And please don't take q full 8mg at first. You need to take SMALL doses until you're stable and feeling good. Maybe start at .5mg and wait at LEAST one hour. If you require more then take .25mg doses until you are stable. The entire point is to induct at the LOWEST dose possible. It should only take around 3-4mg to get you stable and if you take a full 8mg it defeats the purpose.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!!

Read this -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post436333

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there, welcome!

You will have a much smoother induction if you follow Robert's induction plan. Randy gave you the link in his above post. Please read it thoroughly and follow it to the letter. I've seen so many people start out on unnecessarily high doses, which makes the induction process harder.

You need to reach a score of 26 on the COWS worksheet before starting Sub. Trust me, you don't want to risk going into precipitated WD. It's beyond awful. I speak from personal experience.

We're here to guide you through this! All the best...
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

You guys are really amazing on here! The support and tips are much appreciated! I have been reading all the posts on this site for about a month now hoping that you all would be here when I started my treatment! It took me a while to get my Rx filled so I just started at a dose of only 1 mg about an hour ago. I feel quite a bit better. I am going to just ride this dose out for the evening and take 2 mg when I wake up in the morning. Then take it from there. I was about 30 hours into withdrawals when I took my first dose of 1mg. I go back to see the Dr. on Wednesday (5days from now) to see how I am doing. Monday I have an appointment with my therapist, which I have twice a month. And next week I will start 2 group therapies per week! I would like to use this site as part of my recovery and process also.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

You guys are really amazing on here! The support and tips are much appreciated! I have been reading all the posts on this site for about a month now hoping that you all would be here when I started my treatment! It took me a while to get my Rx filled so I just started at a dose of only 1 mg about an hour ago. I feel quite a bit better. I am going to just ride this dose out for the evening and take 2 mg when I wake up in the morning. Then take it from there. I was about 30 hours into withdrawals when I took my first dose of 1mg. I go back to see the Dr. on Wednesday (5days from now) to see how I am doing. Monday I have an appointment with my therapist, which I have twice a month. And next week I will start 2 group therapies per week! I would like to use this site as part of my recovery and process also.
    I am SO glad you were able to start your own induction. A lot of doctors make their patients take a huge dose of Sub in their office, which is totally ridiculous and unnecessary. Good to hear that 1mg made you feel a bit better. That's a pretty low dose. The goal is to find the lowest effective dose, which means you feel little to no WD symptoms. It's almost certain you'll need more than 1mg, though. If you start to feel symptoms, just follow the induction protocol: add .5mg at a time until you feel stable. It's best to wait 60-90 min between each .5mg dose.

Also, stay hydrated. This is crucial. Sub tends to cause headaches at first, and the best way to stop them is by drinking lots of water. Just relax, follow the protocol, and you'll be just fine!

Kat
    alexnt and iloerose like this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Were you able to make it rest of the day with only 1 mg taken? It looks like you dosed 1 mg about 10 hours ago so I don't know if you added any more later today. If you did not then you might try to take 1 mg in the morning and see how it goes from there. You could wait until later in the day and add another mg in the afternoon putting you at 2 mg which would be great if you could go thru the induction process and be able to get stable at 2 mg. Would make you be able to get off subs in just about 6 or 7 weeks which would be really good. Just remember that finding the dose you are able to get stable at with no WD symptoms is the most important thing about doing a proper sub taper. You could just take 2 mg in the morning but a lot of people new to subs find splitting there dose into 2 doses a day at first works best for them. totally up to you on if you pick to dose just once a day or split it into 2 doses. good luck to you and I will talk to you later.

alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

It's working well! I only took 4mg today. I felt fine. Had slight headache and on and off muscle aches here and there but I kept myself busy all day. I have had a good day, no cravings. I go to therapy Monday morning and see the Doctor on Wednesday. I feel good about this and I know I can do it! I'm nervous but one time I got sober on my own (with the help of my fiancé) and I stayed sober for over 3 months. Turned away pills when offered to me and everything so I remember that wonderful feeling! I want this soo bad! I want to live a normal and sober life! Thank you again for your concern and support! It's great getting on and seeing all the support from people on here and other websites like this one!