Strips >> tablets for tapering.
    Bonewill357 is offline New Member

Default Strips >> tablets for tapering.

Currently Im prescribed generic tablets(8mg/2mg) because with my ins. its 10 bucks a script.

I talked with my Ins. Company and they said that the brand name suboxone stips would be covered but for a 40 dollar charge. I can pick either one, my doctor doesn't care.

My question to you guys is whats better? Im currently at 2mg and are in the process of tapering. Obviously the strips are going to be easier to divide evenly. Do any of you feel that the tablets work better? By better I mean last longer, dissolve better, work stronger? Or is it all just the same.

It seems that strips would be the obvious answer for someone who is wanting to taper, but I just wanted to hear from you guys. Ill be honest, the dividing of the pills into even 1.5mg doses is probably going to delay my taping.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Strips, definitely. Way easier to taper with. If you're currently at 2mg per day, you should request the 2mg strips. It's easier to cut the lower doses with 2mg strips >> 8mg strips. No, there's no difference between strips and tablets as far as potency.

Kat

Thanks! I thought about the 2mg strips but I'm not sure how that would work out for me. What I mean is currently I'm being prescribed a 30 day supply of 16mg daily. I'm only taking 2mg a day. I haven't told my doctor that I'm not taking the prescribed amount mainly because he an idiot. Last time I went he asked me if I was ready to up my dosage. I said "why"? His response was that I needed to stabilize on at least 24mg a day for several months before I can start reducing. I told him no that I was perfectly stable at 16mg( witch was a lie I was taking about 6mg) and I didn't want to increase. So basically he's a quack and I don't really have any interest in listening or talking to him, I just want to get in and out of their so his horrible influence won't effect me.

Is it possible to get my 56 8mg script In 2mg strips? I doubt it since that would be a little over 200 strips lol.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewill357 View Post
    Thanks! I thought about the 2mg strips but I'm not sure how that would work out for me. What I mean is currently I'm being prescribed a 30 day supply of 16mg daily. I'm only taking 2mg a day. I haven't told my doctor that I'm not taking the prescribed amount mainly because he an idiot. Last time I went he asked me if I was ready to up my dosage. I said "why"? His response was that I needed to stabilize on at least 24mg a day for several months before I can start reducing. I told him no that I was perfectly stable at 16mg( witch was a lie I was taking about 6mg) and I didn't want to increase. So basically he's a quack and I don't really have any interest in listening or talking to him, I just want to get in and out of their so his horrible influence won't effect me.

Is it possible to get my 56 8mg script In 2mg strips? I doubt it since that would be a little over 200 strips lol.
    Yep, your Sub doctor is like every other one: greedy and ignorant. These doctors are only in it for the money. So, a really high dose + long-term use = a patient stuck on Sub who will have a hard time tapering off usually. Makes me sick.

Go ahead and stick with the 8mg strips so he doesn't get suspicious. Most Sub doctors have no interest in helping us taper off. Mine was the exact same way.

There's a great video on YouTube by a member here named Harry Smooth (AKA Randy Cumbie). Search "cutting Suboxone strips". It helps with the lower doses.

How long have you been on Sub? You've seen the taper plan here, right? Talk soon...

Kat

It makes me sick as well. I often wonder if they ever think about destroying people's life's in purpose just so they can have a luxurious life. Sickening to think someone would think of only themselves on a situation where people are coming to you for help.

Yes I'm currently following the plan, with my next scheduled drop being this Monday. I go to the doc Tuesday so I might wait till then to reduce because hopefully I'll get some strips.

Been on them for 2 years and 2 months. Except for the past two months I always snorted them, about 4 mg a day. I'm now taking them under the tongue like directed, 2mg a day.