• 2 Post By Misty234
  • 2 Post By Ming23
  • 2 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
On the sub taper. How do i dose the 8mg hexagon accurately??

Default On the sub taper. How do i dose the 8mg hexagon accurately??

Hey guys,
    I get a prescription with 6 carries of 8mg suboxone sublingual hexagons. I read roberts' taper plan which sounds doable but when i try to cut the hexagons with a pill cutter it crumbles and is not cut equally. How could I dose myself properly like that? Any way around it to be accurate?
    The suboxone (2weeks ago tomorrow) put me in PW so my doc put me on higher and higher sub (20 mg) which i only took for 2 days. I found that when i only took 8mg (after 4 days of being stable after the PW was gone, i felt fine. So today i took a bit less than 4 mg ( unevenly broken 8mg pill i tried cutting) and will take a 2 mg this evening for the split dose with 25% reduction. Do i reduce every 4 days? Been on methadone 105mg for 8 months prior to switching on subox (hence the PW).
    Most important question is how do i dose evenly because they just crumble so easily.
    Julz

Misty234 is offline Member

Hi Julz,
    I had to deal with tapering on the pills it's harder with the dosing especially when you get to the lower doses this was a suggestion I got from Ming who helped me alot trying to get the doses right with the pills.

Crush the pills with the back of a spoon. Then divide in half. Divide again etc to get desired dose.
    Use a business card to separate piles of crushed subs. You can then put single doses into some sort of holder/container. Even a folded piece of paper. Avoid humidity.

That really did help the lower I went with the doses. I did the best I could to make sure I was taking the same dose for 4 or 5 days and stay on track.Others with more knowledge than I have will be on to help you. Don't stress to much over splitting up the doses you'll be able to do. You tube also has video's about splitting doses you may want to check out. Take Care...Lisa
    Ming23 and Iluv2smile like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Ricecrispy
    Welcome!
    I agree w Misty. Crush the pills w back of spoon and divide w credit card or some such object. Store as Misty says. Avoid humidity-maybe don't keep in bathroom.
    I also detoxed methadone w subs. You transferred over from a high dose (105 mg). I also went through those PWds. Horrible, eh? So, you are stable on 8 mg now? You can drop to 6 mg if you've been at least four days stable on 8 mg.
    The shorter the time on subs the better!
    You made a good choice and you can do this! You will never regret getting off the methadone.
    I promise! Post when u can!
    Iluv2smile and Misty234 like this.

Thank you misty for the suggestion! This morning i actually tried using a scale and then dividing as much as possible. I went down to 6 mg split dose yesterday. (4am- 2pm) this morning i was up at 5am with gut wrenching stomach pain i took the 4mg then and have had gut rot, headaches, serious muscle fatigue and overall feeling depressed. This sucks. I can handle the physical its the mental that gets me every time. I am determined with my two older ones and a new born to be free and to finally get a darn sex drive. It is so frustrating. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel its just when the sky gets grey thats all i feel. I just dont know how i will dose it to really small doses. I guess i will cross the bridge when i get there...... What did you guys use? Strips? Are they easy to cut?
    Ming, i am trying to stay on the subs for as short as possible but the W/D are def unpleasant. Not unbearable but pretty close to there..... Is it supposed to be this way? So every 4 full days on one dose and i should drop by 25%? Now if the w/d get bad what should i do? Obviously im toughing it out but when will it stabilize from the dose decrease?
    Julz
    QUOTE=Ming23;508509]Hey Ricecrispy
    Welcome!
    I agree w Misty. Crush the pills w back of spoon and divide w credit card or some such object. Store as Misty says. Avoid humidity-maybe don't keep in bathroom.
    I also detoxed methadone w subs. You transferred over from a high dose (105 mg). I also went through those PWds. Horrible, eh? So, you are stable on 8 mg now? You can drop to 6 mg if you've been at least four days stable on 8 mg.
    The shorter the time on subs the better!
    You made a good choice and you can do this! You will never regret getting off the methadone.
    I promise! Post when u can![/QUOTE]
    Ming23 and Misty234 like this.

Rice
    It's harder often for methadone detox. You were on a high dose when u switched over. Get some Imodium and take it!
    Methadone messes up the intestines. I've been through this too. It will take time.
    Eat light meals and drink plenty of water to flush the meth out.
    Don't drop dose until you have stabilized. That means your body adjusts and there is " little to no" withdrawal symptoms.
    Read the Robert325 taper plan at the top of the sub forum. Print it out and study it.
    You can do this!! Yes, the darkness of the head-trip is a bummer. I thought i was losing my mind. But thatywhere being part of the Forum comes in--contact with others who have been where you are is crucial to success.
    I'm in my 60s and it was hard getting off the methadone and then the subs but i did it. So can you. We're here to help now.
    Hang in there! Thousands of folks have successfully tapered using this Process and you can too! You can do this!
    The kids will be glad you did!
    Post when u can..,

It is so amazing to be a part of the forum and to receive such support from you guys!! Ming i really appreciate and respect your input and value your support! Amazing that you went through this hell at your age and came out laughing! Such inspiration is so helpful!!! I started my own thread for my taper plan but it got deleted. It was soooo long im so mad :/ apparently it has swearing......? Ugh. I will start again
    Julz
    Ming23 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Julyz
    Please stick with one thread..
    You can document your taper on here.

We are here to support you .
    I too am 60 this year..

You are going to feel better
    When you get to a lower dose.
    Taking 4 mugs of sub at once is huge .

It Can have the opposite effects that you want..

You will get your sex drive back even on sub
    But not till you are down to 2 mg or less ( for most of us)

It takes time like Ming said especially coming off of methadone.

But you can do this..

We are here for you!
    Bette

Your headaches are from dehydration
    Sub dehydrates you
    Water
    Water
    Water

I used drops to flavor mine.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-14-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    Ming23 likes this.

Well i guess this is where i will keep posting about my progress. I keep drinking water and still my head feels like its being crushed to pieces. My stomach is turning and twisting my intestines. Feel so nauseous. Problem is i am on day 4 today. I was on average 8mg for 2 weeks after CT from 55mg methadone for 12 days. Day 1 i fropped to 6mg felt ok. Next day dropped to 4 mg felt a bit of stomach issues. Yesterday at day 3 i wanted to split the dose as recommended 2mg am and then i went to go house hunting and left my other dose in my car by mistake so i only got 2mg. I guess i didnt want to go back up to 4 so today i stayed at 2mg and feel like >>>>. I will tough it out for a few days and drop 25% every 4 days
    Ming23 likes this.

Ricecrispy
    You're jumping around w the dosing. Not the best plan. Pick a dose and stay on it til body has little to no wd. I imagine you have quite the headache. So are u intending to remain on 2 mg?
    The point of the taper is to get off subs but the success of the taper is based on minimizing discomfort. Don't make your body crazy w up and down dosing.
    Bette is right that we feel better at lower doses. Less is more w subs. If u feel ok on 2 mg then stay on that at least 4 days before reducing. Sometimes, i had to stay on a dose linger than 4 days before i felt ok. Listen to ur body. Drink more water. I mean an ocean's worth since subs dehydrate the body.
    Hang in there. You're on the right path & will never regret getting off these kinds of drugs! Here to help if u need it...
    As i reread ur last post it occurs to me ur dropping too quickly hence the headache etc. Read the taper plan again. Remain on one dose at least 4 days before dropping. Try that.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-16-2016 at 08:30 AM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

July

Ming is right your dose is all over the place..

Sub does not work like other drugs
    Because you don't take it for an immediate effect.

I think 2 mg is not enough at this point
    But
    It is up to you..
    You have to stay on your dose
    The same dose
    Till you are stable..

Stable means little to no withdrawals..

I know you want to rush this..
    We all did .

But in the end .
    Success is the goal.
    With this taper
    Slow and steady .
    Wins this challenge.

You can do this
    Just like I did
    And the other 1000s of people before us.

You have a plan written
    Right before you .

Follow it

And before you know it
    You will be done.!

You
    NEVER
    Have
    To
    Do
    This
    Again!