• 2 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 2 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 3 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By Ricecrispy1111
  • 1 Post By UncleLeo
Sub taper insomnia :/

Exclamation Sub taper insomnia :/

Here i am at 4am wide awake after falling asleep 3.5 hours ago.... I have an 8 week old so i dont have the luxury of sleeping in as much as i want and need to get up with the baby since hubbie works. I have started my taper 8 days ago from 8mg and have rushed it the first 3 days down to 2 mg. i have stabilized on the 2 mg for 5 days and yesterday dropped to 1.5. I find that i got my bowel routine back and some lol but i cant sleep. I have this buzzing feeling in my chest that does not allow me to sleep or if i magically do, i wake up with baby and im screwed. What did you guys do to help you sleep or did you tough it out? I was on methadone throughout my pregnancy for 9 months at 105 mg at most and tapered that and went CT to get on the subs 4 weeks ago. BEST decision EVER!!!!!! Meth was horrid. Hated it. Slept like a darn baby but had no sexual drive, was constipated as >>>> and could not wait to get the drink in the mornings (fast metabolism).
    I find that my stomach feels a bit crampy on and off and it feels as if i will have the runs but i dont..... This sub taper cannot compare to the horror i endured tapering and CT from methadone. If you gotta pick your poison plz choose sub!!!!!!
    Here is how i started: (disregard first 3 days as i dropped way too quick due to being impatient and paid the price..... I am stable now and dropping according to a proven taper plan set out by robert which states to drop 25% of your dose every 4 or so days (gotta stabilize first, which may take a bit longer)
    Here is the link to who ever wants to be free too:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Prior to day 1, 8-12 mg 2 weeks average 10mg daily
    Day 1:4mg am 2mg pm july 11
    Day 2: 4mg am
    Day 3: (2 am) July 13
    Day 4: (2 mg)
    Day 5: (2 mg)
    Day 6 (2 mg)
    Day 7 (2mg) july 17
    Day 8 (1.5 mg)
    Day 9 1.5

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Ricecrispy
    You really should keep one continuous thread even if u think it's a diff topic. It's still your thread.
    Try melatonin. Don't take sub too close to bedtime.
    Sleep can be challenging for some but it will work itself out.

Hey ming,
    I barely had any responses to the thread i posted probably due to the topic name..... Will keep this 1

Ekky is offline Member

You're gonna have to get use to not sleeping well for a little while. I tried different things and nothing worked. Today is day 30 without subs. I still have some sleep issues but not nearly as bad as a couple of weeks ago. But if I can do it so can you. My sub taper wasn't easy for me. I was on subs though for 1 1/2 years.
    Ming23 and Maninmirror like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekky View Post
    You're gonna have to get use to not sleeping well for a little while. I tried different things and nothing worked. Today is day 30 without subs. I still have some sleep issues but not nearly as bad as a couple of weeks ago. But if I can do it so can you. My sub taper wasn't easy for me. I was on subs though for 1 1/2 years.
    I was on methadone for 9 months then now 4 weeks on subs and getting lower. On 1.5mg until tomorrow then drop again. Its manageable im just so irritable and snap so easily. My fuse is so short it sucks :/ last night i actually slept 6 hours on no meds... I only slept 3 hours the night b4 so i was exhausted...... I guess it will be on and off depending how tired i will be.....
    Ming23 likes this.

Ricecrispy
    Hang in there. This sleep issue affects most of us who taper. It will work itself out as the body cleanses itself of the chemicals. Drink plenty of water because subs dehydrate the body, which then mimics symptoms of an anxious nature. Eat light; consume mass quantities of water and exercise in any way u can.
    It took me a lil while after I jumped but i feel Much Better now.
    You will too! Proud of you.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Ricecrispy
    Hang in there. This sleep issue affects most of us who taper. It will work itself out as the body cleanses itself of the chemicals. Drink plenty of water because subs dehydrate the body, which then mimics symptoms of an anxious nature. Eat light; consume mass quantities of water and exercise in any way u can.
    It took me a lil while after I jumped but i feel Much Better now.
    You will too! Proud of you.
    Day 13 today. Really struggling with anxiety this morning..... I am having the WORST back pain that emenates to my hips and pelvis. It really adds even more strain to sleep. Night 10 and 11 i was finally able to fall asleep on my own but only for like 3 hours then up at 2 am..... Last night i really needed to sleep so i took some meds to help me with that. Ive been having thought of 'just one night without the pain, anxiety and sleeplessness', so badly wanted to take a sub yesterday to make it better...... I know that would screw me over big time, im just soooooo exhausted and sleep deprived...... I feel like im getting worse with time.... It started getting better, i workout everyday HARD doing a colon cleanse too to help rid my intestinal tract of all the drug accumulation that must be there....... Taking loads of vitamins but i think not drinking enough water. I quit smoking cigarettes 5.5 months ago but i REALLY want one now....... I wount go back to the habit i just feel beat down. I thought it should be getting better....... Really frustrated and exhausted

I meant to say day 13 on nothing..... Off everything so far. Jumped from 1.5 mg sub

Maninmirror is offline Member

Hey krispy..

You jumped from a pretty high dose.. I'm down to .25mg and still a little scared to jump cause of some issues I'm having with sleep..
    Just continue to stick it out you've made it 13 days woo!!! Congrats on that!! You sound stronger than me lol.
    Gotta drink water.. And get out of your head.. A lot of it is mental.. You can do it stick it out you're almost there!!
    Melatonin, magnesium, 5-htp, valarian root... Those are some supplements that can help you sleep if you aren't already taking.
    The tone of your post sounds a little anxious I can tell.. I think getting out of your head may help a bit also..
    I know it's incredibly difficult as I've managed anxiety since I was a teenager.. But during my taper I've been able to combat it by talking myself out of it pretty well.
    Congrats on the jump.. You're close.. Stick with it.. You've got this!!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Krispy

1.5 mg is a high dose to jump from ..
    13 days is great but completely normal that you are struggling..
    Idk if that helps or not but it is to expected ..

But the good news is that it will get better!

Keep on doing what you are doing ..
    Exercise
    Laughing
    Sex
    Feeling proud of yourself
    Eating hot chilies

It may sound silly but those are some of the things that help the body reproduce
    It's own natural endorphins

Maybe you can research your brain on opiates..

There are some really good articles that simplify the process of getting off of them..

It is comforting to know that it does get better!
    You are so strong !
    Congratulations!

Bette

Quote Originally Posted by Maninmirror View Post
    Hey krispy..

You jumped from a pretty high dose.. I'm down to .25mg and still a little scared to jump cause of some issues I'm having with sleep..
    Just continue to stick it out you've made it 13 days woo!!! Congrats on that!! You sound stronger than me lol.
    Gotta drink water.. And get out of your head.. A lot of it is mental.. You can do it stick it out you're almost there!!
    Melatonin, magnesium, 5-htp, valarian root... Those are some supplements that can help you sleep if you aren't already taking.
    The tone of your post sounds a little anxious I can tell.. I think getting out of your head may help a bit also..
    I know it's incredibly difficult as I've managed anxiety since I was a teenager.. But during my taper I've been able to combat it by talking myself out of it pretty well.
    Congrats on the jump.. You're close.. Stick with it.. You've got this!!
    Hey man!
    Thanks for your encouraging words. Day 13 is complete lol i know that the body is supposed to start producing its own melatonin; if you take it regularly, your body stops producing it and the same shtuff happens as with the taper; insomnia. It is brutal. I dont function well on no sleep and i found that my anxiety is ALWAYS related to conscious or subconscious fears. I try and figure out what it is i am worried about and when i hit the spot i calm myself down and relax. This morning though..... Gee it was rough. Maybe it was because i knew my son was landing this evening after having a horrible experience at his bio-father's place for 4 weeks...... Part of the past though...... Going on to day 14. Praying for sleep to come and actually stay.
    Iluv2smile and Maninmirror like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Krispy

1.5 mg is a high dose to jump from ..
    13 days is great but completely normal that you are struggling..
    Idk if that helps or not but it is to expected ..

But the good news is that it will get better!

Keep on doing what you are doing ..
    Exercise
    Laughing
    Sex
    Feeling proud of yourself
    Eating hot chilies

It may sound silly but those are some of the things that help the body reproduce
    It's own natural endorphins

Maybe you can research your brain on opiates..

There are some really good articles that simplify the process of getting off of them..

It is comforting to know that it does get better!
    You are so strong !
    Congratulations!

Bette
    Hey bette,
    I agree it was a bit high of a dose but i was soooo done and wanted to do it before my son came back tonight..... The still present physical symptoms, which are not as bad as a few days ago, impede my sexual desires but i do exercise and try laughing lol i did have a VERY challenging day yesterday and this morning where i entertained the idea of taking a sub to just have a little break...... To sleep..... To feel normal.... But i didnt. I persevered and i am so happy for it.
    Thanks for your support and encouragement. I will keep posting my progress here. This shall be my actual recovering post
    UncleLeo and Iluv2smile like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Have you tried "Sound Sleep" by Gaia? It helps a little bit...has a good mix of all that good stuff - valerian root, passionflower etc. It was out of stock for several months like everywhere but seems to have reappeared...maybe it will help you Better than a sub

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLeo View Post
    Have you tried "Sound Sleep" by Gaia? It helps a little bit...has a good mix of all that good stuff - valerian root, passionflower etc. It was out of stock for several months like everywhere but seems to have reappeared...maybe it will help you Better than a sub
    Hey leo!
    Natural is the way to go nowadays for sure. Will check it out thanks! Went to sleep at 12ish last night. Up at 4 then by the grace of god caught a short snooze (i think) 430-545 in which a nightmare totally startled me awake :/ 642am now and im laying in bed with a splitting headache and killer chest tighening anxiety. Gotta be strong for my 3 kids though. Going back aint an option!!!!!! Today will again be one 1/2 hour at a time. Waiting for advil to kick in :/
    Have an awesome day everyone!!! Really appreciate the support
    Julz
    Ming23, UncleLeo and Iluv2smile like this.

Maninmirror is offline Member

Good job keep it going! Sounds like you're completely aware of the situation and that's great! Your attitude sounds awesome as well. Hope you can get a full nights sleep soon.. You deserve it

Hey Julz
    Hang in there! The no-sleep thing is very challenging. I found valerian root and melatonin helps a bit. Don't take anything that might keep you awake after 4 pm. Exercize if u can.
    Three kids. Wow. You're really doing great! Proud of you!

Ill be honest today has been one of the most mentally challenging days ive had since quitting. I felt so physically empty and weak that walking actually hurt. My 8 year old is back, my 5 year old and 10 week old were home with me and i needed to do food shopping, clean the house and cook while literally crying throughout the day. I just want a little break (not opiates) from the misery. I felt really depressed and weak and overall down under than ever before. Isnt it supposed to get better? WTH.....???? I feel like my anxiety, which now dominates my daily life, is rampant more than ever. Why????? Why am i not getting better??? I literally feel worse at day 14. Im so losing hope at this point which i know contributes to my anxiety...... I just need to be functional...... My hubbie lost it on me that i was so down and under, even though i worked my ass off while wanting to die somewhere, he wants a wife and a mother to his kids and him and hes running out of patience...... I am battling HELL daily to better myself so it really sets me back to be told 'what wrong, theres nothing to be upset about'. I get it, its hard on him too but wheni feel like i am reaching my snapping point and i start thinking about taking a 'break' it doesn't hell when he bring the guilt train on me..... So frustrated, tired, exhausted of fighting :/ i open my eyes at 4 am and then 6 am and i feel my chest sooooo tight, i had one bagel all day and i made myself eat that....... Is it PAWS or still me withdrawing? I can take the physical; mental is HARD on me...... Not being able to walk to the park 500 ft away because i feel like im gonna pass out...... Makes me so sad. I feel like such a failure to my kids. I guess i self sabotage my own recovery with all this self negative thoughts....... Damn its hard. How did i even end up here????
    Ming23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninmirror View Post
    Good job keep it going! Sounds like you're completely aware of the situation and that's great! Your attitude sounds awesome as well. Hope you can get a full nights sleep soon.. You deserve it
    I am an RN to be in 1 year..... I should know better lol i am so aware of my body, what goes on and everything but it doesnt change the fact that i am struggling right now..... Badly. I just want the day to end; praying tomorrow will be better than today.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ugh sorry Julz. You're actually doing REALLY REALLY GREAT! Despite what your husband may say. If he thinks you're overreacting you can always have him read my thread or Ming's We used to take turns figuring out how to even get food to feed ourselves - and Ming had to have her neighbor walk her dog, and I was in the ER three times...oh those were fun days.

The silver lining is all the stuff you're being forced to do will help you heal a lot faster in the long run and most likely you'd just be laying there doing nothing if not out of necessity. Plus those kids will give you life and endorphins. I know, small consolation for how you feel now. But "you're in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying" Hang in there!
    Ming23 likes this.

Julz
    Exactly what Uncleleo said! Not everyone feels quite as sick but some do. Get Ensure to keep your body healthy. The discomfort will pass. I take ibuprophen sometimes. Drink plenty of water to flush out the subs.
    The brain takes its own sweet time to adjust to being unsedated. The mental part is challenging.
    The Forum helped me deal w my emotions. It's rough. Yes it is. But this too shall pass. Promise!
    Proud of you!

Is about the third time that my posts are being deleted completely. I guess it's a sign that I should not post anymore. It really is frustrating when I write a long post updating how I'm feeling and what I'm doing and what I'm going through and then it just gets deleted with no warnings. I have decided to go back on sub because the depression was just too much to bare and I was not functional whatsoever. I will try and do it as they say to taper slowly to give my brain a chance to recuperate because I'm not doing very well.
    1mg is just not enough. 2mg feels about right..... Did i make another mistake going back? I just wanted to feel ok for an evening. Just had my baby; maybe a bit of post oartum creeped in with PAWS.....? So lost right now and losing hope

Sorry Julz. How many posts over how many days have been deleted? That's really really not cool. Especially when you needed the support to guide you. I think a LOT of posts are getting deleted these days. And people are just giving up posting.

How long did you last off the sub completely? Not sure how much was deleted to follow along...hang in there