Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
Sub withdrawal
    SAMY123 is offline New Member

Today is day 35 off subutex, and i can say i still don't feel allright (discomfort, cramps, severe insomnia), although i've taken only (1-2)mg for only 3 months.I have the support of family and boyfriend, it's comforting, but you know withdrawal is so bad that you want to go through it by yourself, until you're clean and healthy. I hope my suffering has an end, i don't know when, but i hope soon.

Vannahk is offline New Member

Woke up feeling tired head hurt real bad last night. And today legs still hurt but bot as they did I'm getting there

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a similar experience where one had dropped me via voicemail after missing my second appointment, not in a row, but I missed it either because I was getting pills or sick or something. Addiction was bad then, this was after my mom died. We didnt have a lot of appointments together so when she asked me about substance abuse, I'm sure she could tell some days, I of course denied it. He voicemail was pretty rude calling me out on not being honest about that and that she couldn't help me if I wouldn't face it and terminated our relationship.

That was the last time I talked to someone like that. I was like if you are going to kick someone to the curb when there mom just died and you are pretty certain they have an addiction problem, then you obviously don't have my best interest at heart. She should have kept working at me. As a nurse, I would never dismiss someone if the situation was reversed.

It was a cry for help, I was there by choice and she just dropped me. Ugh gets me mad to this day.

How are you though? Things a little better?

Anonymous Guest

Sorry I didn't see this post first from this morning. I was on the page before this!
    Have you tried any herbal remedies for sleep? Valerian root works really well. Don't take it with benzos or sleeping meds though, it can have a really negative effect, but it worked well for me last night.

I experience sleep paralysis and it is rare and very odd and I took too much so it caused a minor episode. But other than that, I woke up every couple hours, but managed to bank a lot of hours of sleep. Esp since I worked late last night which put me at 130 am before I could even think about sleeping.

You'll get there. I stopped counting days, I think it was stressing me out. Like there should be a deadline of some day it get's better. I'm just surrendering to the flow of it. Brighter days ahead I hope!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAMY123 View Post
    Today is day 35 off subutex, and i can say i still don't feel allright (discomfort, cramps, severe insomnia), although i've taken only (1-2)mg for only 3 months.I have the support of family and boyfriend, it's comforting, but you know withdrawal is so bad that you want to go through it by yourself, until you're clean and healthy. I hope my suffering has an end, i don't know when, but i hope soon.

Hi welcome to the forum. 35 Days, congratulations. You should try some herbal remedies for sleep if you are still struggling. It's worth a shot, you'll see my post on this thread and it's on my own too. SAMY have you started your own thread? Do you go to NA or anything? This place is really helpful. Even at 35 days people will still be here to listen and help.
    Congrats, you've made it far!

Thanks for responding, actually i tried everything and i come up to one conclusion, (i have to go through this hell all by myself), it's just a question of time. i tried almost everything, i'm counting the days, i don't know how to justify my absence from work.
    Actually i've never started my own thread and i really have no craving for the drug, i just want the withdrawal to disepear. Here a little summary of what i tried:
    - Ambien (no effect on insomnia),
    - Pot (little help),
    - Apirin and paracetamol (nothing),
    - Klonopin (subtle relief),
    - Ritaline (feels good for 4 hours than worsened insomnia),
    - Multivitamines, B-complex (don't really know if they worked),
    - Clonidine (maybe that helped but i stopped it now). Should i restart it ?????
    - Magnisium (very subtle effect),
    - Immodium (noticed nothing as i don't have diareah),
    - Alcohol ( i don't like it and don't think is a good idea).
    - Herbal remedies (Rhodiola, Ginseng): gave me some energy.

I deal with this alone not one of my friends new about it and some days I just want to say hey I had this problem and I am beating it I just want someone to say hey I'm proud of you! I have 3 sleeping pills left and trying not to take them unless I'm having a bad night! I don't crave them as much anymore! I'm just ready not to feel so drained! My mood has got better all but when something bad happens or I think of something that had happen and I want Togo get high I remeber why I did it so I didn't have to feel anything! But I dont. I have to make my self eat I use to only eat once a day and sometimes I wouldn't even do that I would just eat a few bites and be done! Now I am eatting 3 times a day and sometimes I find my self eatting like crazy!

I think this marks day 19 I woke up on edge this morning was ready to flip out on someone. My legs still hurt but not as bad as they did.

MY LAST UPDATE: it's my day 38 off Sub, today i feel really good, it's been a long journey with a lot of pain and misery, but it was really worth it, i know that maybe some symptoms might come and go in waves, but today i made the decision not to feel miserable anymore. My life starts again and even if this might be my last post in this website, i thank you from my the bottom of my heart for your help and support, it really helped me go through these tough times. I don't think i'm gonna be on these websites again cause they remind of a time in my life i wan to forget, and i want to move on and leave all that behinde me, hope i could help someone going through this hell and tell him stay strong it's worth it. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AND GOOD LUCK. BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

Anonymous Guest

Hey hun! I could have sworn I replied to your thread. I was just thinking about you and that I hadn't seen any email notifications from your thread but came here to see you have been posting! I'll have to try to subscribe again. I haven't read through anything yet but just wanted to let you know, I was thinking about you! I'm sure I'll post more in a second!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAMY123 View Post
    MY LAST UPDATE: it's my day 38 off Sub, today i feel really good, it's been a long journey with a lot of pain and misery, but it was really worth it, i know that maybe some symptoms might come and go in waves, but today i made the decision not to feel miserable anymore. My life starts again and even if this might be my last post in this website, i thank you from my the bottom of my heart for your help and support, it really helped me go through these tough times. I don't think i'm gonna be on these websites again cause they remind of a time in my life i wan to forget, and i want to move on and leave all that behinde me, hope i could help someone going through this hell and tell him stay strong it's worth it. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AND GOOD LUCK. BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY.
    Hi! I'm glad to hear you a doing better. The first time I got clean and got help from this forum I didn't really come back. A few updates and then I just stopped.
    In some respects, I regret it. I was out there living my life though. Many may have thought I relapsed, but I hadn't, well not for a year or I probably wouldn't be back here!
    Just know that even if you do disappear for some time and go out there and are living your life and happy, if you have a moment of weakness, or think you might or just need to chat, please come here! I wish I would have. You will get an out poor of support no matter what the circumstances.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know we don't want to remember it, but sometimes we have to remember or it doesn't keep us in check. It's easy to forget and think it wasn't that bad and that you handle it and then what do you know, you're back on here with a new user name with a thread called "Here we go again!" Maybe that's just me! Happy for you!
    Go live your new life. Starting now!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi! Glad to see you are still posting. I've had an awful headache all day myself, regards to your other post. I have avoided caffeine for two weeks but it was progressing to a migraine and that's all that helps. Now I'm WIDE AWAKE at 2 am. Not excited. But what you gonna do!

Happy Day 19!
    You're getting there my girl friend!

Here is to 22 days with out sub I find my self very depressed and is not the subs I crave it's the pain pills I try not to take them because I am scared but some days the pain is so bad! I wake up with headaches. And my house is dirty and 6 kids screaming these days I feel like I'm going to lose my mind!

Anonymous Guest

Hi! Are you taking pills sporadically still?

If so, that might be causing the depression to linger, but myself, I am not taking them at all and I really don't have a craving because I know that will just make this recovery longer and worse. I honestly think I switched my DOC pain pill to Sub a few years ago and it has been overall the only drug I've really done a lot of in the last 3+ years, infact, it's almost equal to my years on pain pills.

The depression sucks.
    I'm totally feeling it right now. Doing all the things I should, cleaning, eating, exercising, going to work, doing homework and it's all blah blah blah today.

I'm a few days behind you girlfriend. Waiting for the day you post, today I woke up and it wasn't so bad!

Because then I'll be saying, okay, a few more days Kristen and you won't be feeling so bad and then I won't, and then I'll know this is all in my messed up head.

How are you today? Sorry I'm a day late on responding. I worked an 8 hour shift last night, had terrible sleep and am now depressed as heck today.

But to the point, how are you today? Or post tomorrow because it's late where I am at!

Hi I did wake up today not so bad! I had took a couple maybe one or 2 a day. I went with 2 years with out filled any pain because of the subs I guess that's sonething I'll have to be use to. My depression could be worse. I do have to take something for that always have! My legs still ache but not anything close to before but I always have had to take something's for that as well. My eatting tho, I have been eatting like crazy! No joke! Everytime I go in the kicker I come back eatting something. When I was on subs I went from eatting once a day maybe or eatting a few bites while Im cooking the kids dinner to maybe not eatting at all to eating 6 times Adam if not more. I haven't been thinking much about the subs I stopped counting days I have to look to figure out how long it has been! I can joke around and say hey im going do this sub ok and he no I'm kidding and it still be there when he gets back. I'm very proud of my self and you should be too you can do this!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12