Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Sub withdrawal
    Vannahk is offline New Member

Unhappy Sub withdrawal

I'm on day 13 with no subutex. I haven't slept in 4 days maybe a total of 4 hours at most. I have done subutex for maybe a year in half. I had to have surgery so I figured I would use that as to be the perfect time so quit. I had the flu and surgery. I would use the pain meds for my pain. My with drawl didn't start untill like 3 days later. And it has been so so hard I have a bowl disease and kidney disease. Along with endro. And rls and artrites. And I have depression and anxiety issues I take zany and something else for that but it's not helping she put me on lortab 5s and a sleeping pill only they didn't have it ready tonight a stronger pill for my artritis. I have 6 kids and haven't been able to really do my job I have tried to clean and wash only the clothes they need for the next day. It took all I had to go to Kroger today and go to the doc I almost didn't go at all. But had to! And I didn't want to take anything else but my health isn't good and I don't want to be on subutext worst thing I have ever did. Coming off of lortabs only 4 or 4 days max for me and I was ok. Never again will I ever to that I'm 27 year old and my health is like I'm 40

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome. What dose did you jump from? If it was over 1-2mg that could explain why you're feeling the way you do. The higher the dose you jump from the worse and longer any symptoms might be.

Give us as much info as possible. Highest dose, how long at the highest dose, etc.

-Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-14-2015 at 11:08 AM.

If it was a quarter of an 8mg pill that means it was 2mg you jumped from. That's a pretty hefty dose. Sub is very strong and the half life is very long. That means it remains in your system for days and days. Like you found out, the symptoms didn;t begin for 3 days and that's normal jumping at the dose you did.

When you make a jump theres still plenty of sub left in your system due to that half life. The half life can be anywhere from 24 hours to around 72 hours. The mean or average half life is about 37 hours. Bottom line is the symptoms could last a bit longer I'm afraid.

We sometimes recommend, depending on the circumstances, a person may be better to get back on the subs at a small dose and taper down real low as in .25mg, even lower to avoid the majority of symptoms. But you've been off for 13 days and that's some substantial time.

I suggest you continue as you are and treat any symptoms as best you can. They won't last forever and everydat should get a bit better than the day before. I know it's a struggle, but you can do this. Try to remain as positive as you possibly can given the circumstances. Make sure to stay as busy as possible. Getting a little exercise in does wonders. Short walks help tremendously. Sitting around is the worst thing to do.

Eat lots of protein and drink LOTS and LOTS of fluids each day. They keeps you well hydrated and also helps flush any remaining drugs out quicker. Protein shakes every morning really helps. Check out the Thomas Recipe. Many swear by it. Here's the link to it below -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

The recipe does suggest the use of a benzo. I wouldn't take one if it were me. Those things scare me silly. They can be addicting even when used correctly. If you do use any benzo make certain it's not over a day or two at the most. Otherwise the recipe might be good for you.

Keep posting too as that helps also. Laugh, cry, ask questions, etc. Keep a record of your progress. I wish you the best. We're here for you.

-Randy

Anonymous Guest

You sound like you are in my boat. I'm day 10. I jumped kinda high too. Hit a 4 mg/day for a bit, back down to 2mg/day and then crash course tapered for a week to 1mg and off I was.

Randy is right about laying around. I am doing that today, all morning and I feel awful. Yesterday I did stuff and I felt okay. A little bit better finally, and now this morning, I feel terrible. I also haven't gotten out of bed.

Reinducting was a question running through my head a lot here. Like he said, you have substantial time off, as do I, and I don't know if reinducting is actually the answer. Maybe, but 10 days in seems like the worst should be over, well almost.

Keep me posted. It's good to have a buddy through this. Lord knows I need one today.

Love and light,
    Kris

Last night my legs didn't hurt as bad but that could be the pain med I took i did wake up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. I think the worst is over at least I hope so but their is no way I am going to go back on the 13 days will have been for nothing and my health can't handle much more I have lost 15lbs I'm pretty depressed about it I don't even like to look at my self I also take care of 6 kids everyday I did get out yesterday it was hard I wasn't able to get up and do much untill the last 2 days due to my surgrey and it still hurts to move. I hope the sleeping med will help me fall asleep I need it really bad. I have tried tapering off but it didn't work and I new if I was going do it stopping all at once was what I needed to do I don't no maybe remember how bad this was to help remind me that I never want to deal with that kinda pain ever again! My kids need me. Although I do feel alone and my bf still does it. He does it in front of me but really it helps because I'm fighting the craving and doing very well. He plans on getting off as well but we have 6 kids so it has to be me first than him when he is ready...

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I don't have kids to take care of, so I can not relate to that at all. Just regular adult responsibilities. I'm glad not going on is an option for you. I am leaning more towards that but I'm just waiting for something brighter than the days I'm living today.

Congrats to you to make a decision.
    Not knowing what my move is gonna be is really causing a lot of anxiety.

Congrats to you.
    Feel better soon!

Thank you and you will get there. I have really really bad anxiety as to why I take 2 pills a day for it but that didn't really help at all on the worst days 9 10 an 11 now it's starting to get a bit better but like I said could be the pain meds which I don't no because they are only 5mg. IM debating on even taking my sleeping meds but I'm going 5 days with like no sleep maybe an hour or two a night.

jeep2001 is offline Member

Wow, I don't want to sound rude or anything.....but I really think with the responsibility of 6 children you need to taper down properly, this is a powerfull drug, It is too high of a dose to jump from...Sorry. Life is not always easy, sometimes you just have to do what is possible and dont try the impossible.

Not rude at all but I'm not going back on I cant I have came to far!

This marks 14 days. Yes I'm tired yes I have kids and house to clean and dinner to cook. My bf has been helpful I jumped when I had surgrey because I had to take it easy for a week or to and the week before that I had the flu. And as I said I have tired to stop 3 times before tapering and this this the longest I have done 14 days is great and I'm not going back doing just a littl bit because knowing my self I do it and all my pain will be gone and I will be able to clean and do everything I was because I will be high Only to flush 13 days down the drain. And my health is at risk as well. So I may not have done it like everyone else but this is the way I had to do it it was either do it and stop or taper as I tried may times before and just never stop! Last night I took a sleeping pill I took it early thinking I would sleep longer but I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 4 I still feel drained my legs still hurt and my anxiety is still there but these are problems I had already had to begin with it just for worse. So I'm taken my meds and I have a 5m pain med that was a 3 day scrip well today Makes 3 and I have enough for 3 more days because I am taken then slow but I don't want to withdrawal from those buy taken them longer so I may just take them as I need to and be done with it. I will take 3 day detox from being one tabs for 3 days than subutex anyway but because I took so much meds I had to make sure my liver was ok don't no the test on that yet! So this is what I am dealing with no way will I ever deal with this kinda thing again I am way to skinny I am 5"9 and 130 I was 145 and didn't look as thick as I wanted but I was getting there. I do not want to live like this anymore and I'm not going too this is my life and I am taken it back no matter what I have to do. My mood goes up and down and I miss playing with my kids I miss smiling and I miss being happy it's time to take charge and that is what I am doing

I support your decision and wish you the very best! Keep right on fighting. It WILL get better! This is mostly mental and you sound very positive. The more you move around the better and you'll recover faster. Make sure to get lots of fluids in you. That's very important to help get all remaining toxins out. Treat any symptoms as best you can. Time passing makes the most difference.

-Randy

Thank you! It's hard to get up but like you said it isn't going to be easy I think the hard part is over! My mind is always going over things j have no control of but I'm doing it.. I remember what it was like not to be on anything just me I oay have took a pain pill every now and than but I was ok! Subutex has effected my life bad and I don't want to live like that anymore

It's 4am in the morning and I am up and with the sleeping pill I fall asleep but I wake up at 4 the same time this has got to be getting better

gottidog is offline Junior Member

Hi there, just stopping by to let you know that it's possible to just jump from a higher dose without a horror story. I jumped from 4mg a day and i started to feel a lot better after day 14... I'm on day 47 and have also had suboxone within arms reach the whole time. When you are ready to stop... you can jump at any dose. Don't go back on them, you have come too far...

Oh Im not going back I don't want then I can hold one in my hand and put it right back down! My only worries is coming off the pain meds that the doc have me but I prob only take 4 at the most a day and they are tab5s which I only have a few left and I'll be done. But as I said before I'll take 3 days of that any day over sub withdrawal the withdrawal has just made me stronger and even tho I miss my sleep I guess I'm still getting 6 hours of sleep so that's still good it's it where I want to be yet I love my sleep to much and I trying to eat as much as I can to gain my weight back!

As day 15 is coming to an end I feel ok headaches and my night prob will be some what the same but at least my days are getting better no energy tho sure that will come back soon

Day 16 really tired to day! My legs hurt I was able to sleep with out a sleeping pill last night well for the most part. Still very tired. Anxiety still there and I cry with snap of the finger! I'm depressed but I had already had those probs praying its at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Vannahk View Post
    Day 16 really tired to day! My legs hurt I was able to sleep with out a sleeping pill last night well for the most part. Still very tired. Anxiety still there and I cry with snap of the finger! I'm depressed but I had already had those probs praying its at the end

You're doing great! Really great! Keep fighting will all you have inside. The days get better and better. Your emotions are coming back and that's a good thing. You will be crying and laughing when you least expect. Your body and brain are adjusting to the new you and it will take some time for it to work things out, but it will I promise. You never have to take another pill. Fight for your life, fight for your freedom!!!

-Randy

In really trying it reminds me of why I did it in the first place it numbed everything so I didn't have to feel it! I had a very troubled childhood and even hard adult life! And even tho I think just a little tiny line it won't matter but I no it will so I talk myself out of it! Trying to stay busy and listening to music helps I drink a lot of coffee! But I hate to be said and depressed! I cry while listening To music and movies even on happy endings! I didn't face a lot of problems just got high and it went away now they all come rushing back but I will handle it the best way I no how I have no support in this because no one new only the bf and he still does it! But I can watch him do it and have no problem walking away he leaves it laying around I think to text me and I just walk away so I'm getting there my anxiety is bad to say but I'm getting there

Anonymous Guest

Hi! So, my understanding is that you have some small dose opiate here at the end? No judgement, just asking!

If you are ready for it, then you will do it, and you are doing it. So am I!

I'm a few days behind you. I know what you're feeling. The physical gets a little better comes in waves and then your brain is kind of flat lined, same with emotions.

I was taking anxiety medication for sleep too, and I think those were playing a roll in how I was feeling mentally too. They cause their own kind of grogginess and mentally suppresses some feelings, or depresses, which is the feeling I am having too.

Just keep telling yourself it will get better. I find my best days are when I go to work because I gotta f-a-k-e it there, and baby, f-a-k-e it til you make it!

There's a power in positive thinking and I know what you mean about numbing it out. I did that with pain meds for a long time, suboxone had the same effect. I felt normal, okay, but I don't think I experienced a lot of REAL joy while on it.

I have been clean before after being on suboxone. It does get better. It will. Keep telling yourself that!

F-a-k-e it until you make it! It's been my new catch phrase for the last two days!

Glad to see you sticking around and posting. It helps to get it out! It's like a personal diary that I am posting in the most public place.

Then you can look back in a few more days and say, h3ll, that's a VAST improvement, from a week ago.

That week might seem like a lifetime, but indeed you have plenty of life left to live. This will merely be a moment in time and lesson learned.

Keep going strong. Rooting for you!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gottidog View Post
    Hi there, just stopping by to let you know that it's possible to just jump from a higher dose without a horror story. I jumped from 4mg a day and i started to feel a lot better after day 14... I'm on day 47 and have also had suboxone within arms reach the whole time. When you are ready to stop... you can jump at any dose. Don't go back on them, you have come too far...
    You posted on my thread too, clinging to your words friend

You've come too far is right, and I think you know that! It's just the moment in time, feeling at a stand still that makes it a tad bit depressing and uncomfortable.

Just keep trucking along. Listen to the grateful dead and surrender to the flow!

Anonymous Guest

Better edit that word or your post will be deleted. I must read quickly! Haha. See. told you. That word is like saying Satan on here.

Anonymous Guest

Oh my dear, I understand that tragedy and pain and sadness. I lost my mom really young, she got breast cancer when I was 16 and I was already playing with opiates there, I had chronic cystitis and bladder and kidney infections and I took them from pain given by someone else and suddenly I didn't have them one day and I felt totally ill. Got online and what do you know, they are addictive! I was dumb.
    I stopped and then the diagnosis came and I said screw it when she passed very shortly after being diagnosed. Been on and off opiates for years.
    I had one little relapse and made a year and half of suboxone out of it.

Silly it seems now because it didn't really do anything beneficial for me. Still drained my pocket, just not as much. Kept me off of pain killers, but didn't treat my brain so well, as I have realized now coming off.

I feel for you and the horrors you've been through. I've been reading a lot of NA material today and there's a statement that rings true, for me anyways.
    "We can no longer blame people, places and things for our addiction. We must face our problems and our feelings."

That's the truth, those feelings and experiences that we spent time numbing out will flood back and it is hard. But, the beauty is the feelings. I know you are having many tears, as am I and then moments where I feel nothing at all, or depressed, but without the tears, you would not understand joy. Think of it this way, when you are feeling better and you indeed will, the joy you feel will surmount any false sense of happiness provided by the opiate crutch.

You are strong. You can beat this. You will see brighter days.

I'm trying to shed some positive light today. Even if I'm not feeling SO positive myself.
    The more I say these things, the more I believe them.
    It's all about perspective at this point. The worst will be and is behind you. I subscribed to your thread. I'm here if you need me! We can talk about anything! That's the best part!

Thank you I definitely just cried reading that, it's hard Monday is the day he got shot is crazy how many years have passed! Still seems like yesterday I sometimes feel my childhood was taken from me! I grew up very young I was at parties drinking at 14 got a minor consumption and on probation. i stole a check from my mom and rain away I got drunk a lot and found my self being rapped not once not even twice I blame my self! My house burns down and at 19 I get pregnant have a baby at 20 meet my now ex and get preg again and have a baby at 21 than I found out. I had endometriosis all I knew was I wanted more babies I struggle with infertility gave up got pregnant I had everyone of my kids early and I almost lost everyone of them while pregnant I was on bedrest I had shots I pills nothing stopped my labor. I watched them fight for their life with tubes my last was born at 33w I wanted one more but new it wasn't safe for me or the baby I had 3 babies at home that needed me. Then I got my emergency hysterectomy, I got my first DUI when I was was 17 drink a hole bottle Vodka and drove my moms car don't no how I made it I got pulled over not because I was going to fast or going all over the road but because I was going to slow! lucky it was my only the next night I got in trouble again but somehow I got out of it! I think because my step dad paid more on the lawyer and a guy hit me that night! My mom fought cancer as well rectal cancer she made it tho she just got out of the Hosp because she has no blood in her legs due to smoking had blood clots and. Artificial vein tapped into her main artery rundown her side T off run both down both legs but still smoked and she almost died this time but she made it! My sister had a Brain tumor a few years back I help take care of her my whole summer was gone that year! My other sister is a drugy that loves off my mother my mom takes care of her kids even tho she shouldn't. I keep telling my self I did nothing wrong to have all this stuff happen but sometimes I think it's my karma maybe for being a whild kid. I have a hard time letting things go. I need the pain killers and I try really hard not to take them I take over the counter stuff prob why she thinks my liver could be messed up junky seem to run in my family and it scares me!

Anonymous Guest

Its good to get it out and it does sound like you have been through a lot and it is hard to deal with all of it especially when it rushes you all at once. Have you tried

Anonymous Guest

Have you tried counseling? I have in th past but it has been a while. I might try again I just need someone I click with that I can be totally honest with.
    How are you feeling today? Sleep is increasingly difficult but I hopr that gets better soon.
    I gotta work today but Ill check in later. My thread has been quiet but Im sticking around because it helps. Im hoping NA helps too. I just need to get through a few more days. Lack of good sleep has me looking drugged out. I know you have pain but perhaps try basic exercise when you feel better. First time I kicked sub I started doing yoga v
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Anonymous Guest

When you feel better. I found yoga really helped the first time I kicked. Sorry for the broken up posts. Im trying to type from my phone
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: accidental posting

Anonymous Guest

Phone and it wont let me edit and the screen keepe changing and i accidentally hit post reply. Case and point this is driving me nuts lol ill use computer and check in later.

Love and light,
    Kristen

Talk to a counselor but I found them annoying!! I don't want people tell me what's best for me when I don't know me! People only with me because you're being paid to not because they really care! I'm feeling a little better today. Yoga Sounds good I have been up before spin a while

SAMY123 is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast