Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thefigurehead
Suboxone
    gerrietoo is offline New Member

Default Suboxone

I'm gerrietoo ,I've been on suboxone for 14 yrs I want to get off I'm looking for a substitute to the pain portion of suboxone.please help me.im 74 .

Today is mar 5 2:15 hello

I've been on Suboxone long time maybe I an help also.

Anonymous Guest

What kind of pain do you have? What other treatments have you tried?

Wavision is offline Member

Yes, we can see your post. Take a look at the sticky post at the top of this forum Called suboxone therapy. There is a taper plan in that post that many have used to successfully get off suboxone.

Basically, you will want to reduce your daily dose by 25% every 4-7 days.

When your total daily dose is above 1mg, you can choose to dose two times a day. For example, if you are on a daily dose of 2mg, you can take 1mg in the morning and 1mg 8-10 hours later.

Once your total daily dose gets below 1mg, you then need to cut out your evening dose and take your full dose one time in the morning.

As you will see in the taper plan, you will want to taper down to at least .25mg (point 25) a day. At this point you can either taper down further, as I am doing right now, or you can do the skip days as mentioned in the plan.

Give the plan a read and let us know if you have any questions.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by gerrietoo View Post
    I'm gerrietoo ,I've been on suboxone for 14 yrs I want to get off I'm looking for a substitute to the pain portion of suboxone.please help me.im 74 .
    gerrietoo -

WAV has given you some great information. I don't have much to add to what he wrote up. But I do have some questions for you...

Can you give us some more details of your Suboxone use? What is your current daily dose? Do you dose more than once per day? Have you ever come off of subs in the past? Are you on pill or strip form? Also, what do you mean by substituting the pain portion of Sub?

Let us know the answers. Keep posting so we have a better idea of your goals.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey gerrietoo. Just wanted to say welcome and congratulations. Not much to add right now. But wanted to let you know we are here for you!

Keep posting, it really helps.
    Beef

What kind of pain don't I have at 74 , Back,neck,legs, shoulders also half the big fibermyalgia,I have 4 stents in my heart ,I have 2stents in my left leg, so I have a lot of pain I'm trying to find out what pain med.i could replace out of suboxone. Do you know hat I mean? If I could fine out much or what is the name of the pain med in suboxone I hope I make sense . I really don't want to get off but I'm in VA and these people are crazy .they want 300$ for first office call then 150$ a week after for 4 weeks and forget maintenance part,they make me fill like a drug addict .I would like to stay on suboxone until I die.

I am on 8/2 pill I want to know what part is the Medes and what part for the pain like is the 8for med and the 2for pain ,know what I mean?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Right now that pill has 8mg of buprenorphine which is a partial agonist. And 2 mg of naloxone which prevents abuse of the medicine. (That's where the 8/2 comes from)

I have been on suboxone 14yrs. Started at 3 a day for many years and one day I asked them you put me down to 2 a day cause I didn't need them stupied m e I should have just keep them but I wanted to be honest ,I moved to Va in June and now I'm haven a hell of a time trying to get a Doc.I checked myself in to Brighten Rehaib in 2004 I was taking 30to35 Vicodin a day and was killing myself so I did it.i stayed 28days and never did Vicodin again didn't slip went to NA meetings did my Big Blue Book and here I am. Went to the same Dr for all them years and when I left he gave me 3 mos of my Suboxone so I could a Dr but >>>> here I feel like an addict. Kinda between a rock and a hard place.

Is the buperenorphine for the pain? And what is partial agonist ? I think I'm in deep dodo.I wish I would have known all this back then and how hard it was to get off of them >>>> I'm a drug addict again and at my age and all my pain it Bu l >>>> I don't want to do this again.

I will be going to my other daughter in Ohio in June and stay ther for the summer and then back here I guess!!! If I'm still around.

I m kinda thinking no one wants me or to help me truly I don't know what I'm. gonna do. God better start telling me soon.

Wavision is offline Member

It is hard to tell what you want to do here. One post you are saying you want off suboxone and then in another post you are saying you want to be on it until you die??

Not being rude, but you are kind of all over the place.

If you could tell use in detail exactly what you want to do, then someone could try to help you.

What exactly are you looking to do??