Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Suboxone Detox Help Please...
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
    OK my first day at 5mg. So far so good. Someone please confirm my math as it is not my specialty. Thanks!
    Yea Dax if you were at 6.75 then 5 mg is what you were suppose to drop to. Good to read so far so good. Your next drop will be to 3.75. Just a reminder to you as your tapering and that is to always make sure your stable befor dropping. Best wishes to you and talk to you later.

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Dax,

I've been reading you thread and glad to see you are getting good advice and on the right path.

Keep up the good work and have a great day,

Lincoln

Daxter is offline Junior Member

Gosh everyone one of you are awesome. I really appreciate the advice and encouragement.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi...

How are you doing at 5 mg? Hope all is well. Give us an update when you can.

Take care,
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Dax have you dropped from 5 mg yet? Hope all is going well and give us an update

Alex

Hi folks got side tracked with "life". My insurance company made me switch to Zubsolv. It seemed the same as suboxone. I have weaned down now to 1/2 of a pill of zubsolv 5.7mg/1.4. Can I go ahead and quit?

Hey there. Good to see you posting.

I hadn't heard of Zubsolv so I looked it up. Yes, it contains the same ingredients as Suboxone: buprenorphine and naloxone. The official website said that "The amount of buprenorphine in a dose of Zubsolv is not the same as the amount of buprenorphine in other medications containing buprenorphine (i.e. Suboxone).

So, exactly what amount (mg) are you currently taking?

Kat

Hi folks got side tracked with "life". My insurance company made me switch to Zubsolv. It seemed the same as suboxone. I have weaned down now to 1/2 of a pill of zubsolv 5.7mg/1.4. Can I go ahead and quit?
    Daxter I could be wrong here but I am thinking that 5 .7 mg of zubsolv is the same as 8 mg of suboxne. If that is the case which like I stated I could be wrong then taking 1/2 of a zubsolv would be the same as 4 mg of subs. That is way to high of a dose to quit at. You need to taper much lower on the zubsolv then 1/2 a pill.

Alex

Thanks but I have been at a 1/2 pill for several days (3-4) and have only mild discomfort. I might get flamed for this but my doc gave me 20 hydrocodone 10-500's. My thoughts were when I do make the jump if it is unbearable I will take a 1/2 of hydro to try to help reduce the "pain". I WILL NOT go back to them though. My doc knows my history and said only 20 and to see him once every 3 days to monitor me.

Member21 is offline Junior Member

Hello Dexter,
    I have another thread where my Dr. told me to jump off at 2 mg. They really are morons. I;m going through bad withdrawals and have already missed 2 weeks of work. It got really bad last night when I took tranquilizer and benadryl to sleep then woke up 2 hours later wired. You are very lucky to find this place first. It was too late for me and I just have to hope I get through it soon.

Blessing
    Member21

Thanks but I have been at a 1/2 pill for several days (3-4) and have only mild discomfort. I might get flamed for this but my doc gave me 20 hydrocodone 10-500's. My thoughts were when I do make the jump if it is unbearable I will take a 1/2 of hydro to try to help reduce the "pain". I WILL NOT go back to them though. My doc knows my history and said only 20 and to see him once every 3 days to monitor me.
    Daxter have you considered reducing further then 1/2 of a pill a day to say 1/3 of a pill then after that 1/4 of a pill at least befor trying to jump. My guess is if you jump at 1/2 a pill a day after 2 or 3 days it will hit you really hard and you will go thru 20 hydros very quicky because of the discomfort you will be going thru.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Yes. As tiny as these pills are I will find a way to cut them up. As always thanks for the advice.

HELP! Folks I need some advice. As mentioned before I was taking a 1/4 of a tablet of Zubsolv 2x a day. I figured that would equal 2mg? So yesterday I starting cutting the tiny 1/4 in half. Then yesterday I took 1/4 in the AM as usual and maybe 1/8 at night. I did not sleep at all last night, feel like death, etc. I would not think that small of a reduction would make a big difference. I am on many meds so I am going to list them and would like some input as to what I am taking.

1. Clonazepam 2mg 2x day
    2. Wellbutrin 90mg day?
    3. Vyvanse 30 mg day
    4. Adderol 10 MG in afternoon. (Told doc Vyvanse was wearing off in the afternoon.)
    5. Remeron 45MG night
    6. Imipramine 50 mg 5 at night.
    7. And of course the Zubsolv.

Thanks!

Daxter,

Are you asking about the other meds because you think they may be to blame for why you're not feeling well? I don't know anything about the meds you're taking except for Clonazepam and Wellbutrin. I can't imagine why either of those would interfere with your taper.

Speak with your doctor about all this. Also, make sure to ask about the equivalent of Sub >> Zubsolv.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help. Hopefully other members can give you some insight.
    Kat

Yes sorry I did not mean to get off track with the other meds. As mentioned I have been taking 1/4 of the Zubsolv in the Am and then 1/4 in the PM. I will try again to reduce it down some. The problem is that at 1/4 they are about the size of a BB. I think I will take the normal 1/4 tonight and reduce the one in the AM. I should sleep better that way I would think. Thanks as always.

HELP! Folks I need some advice. As mentioned before I was taking a 1/4 of a tablet of Zubsolv 2x a day. I figured that would equal 2mg? So yesterday I starting cutting the tiny 1/4 in half. Then yesterday I took 1/4 in the AM as usual and maybe 1/8 at night. I did not sleep at all last night, feel like death, etc. I would not think that small of a reduction would make a big difference. I am on many meds so I am going to list them and would like some input as to what I am taking.

1. Clonazepam 2mg 2x day
    2. Wellbutrin 90mg day?
    3. Vyvanse 30 mg day
    4. Adderol 10 MG in afternoon. (Told doc Vyvanse was wearing off in the afternoon.)
    5. Remeron 45MG night
    6. Imipramine 50 mg 5 at night.
    7. And of course the Zubsolv.

Thanks!
    Daxter one 5.7 mg zubsolv pill is equal to an 8 mg subtext pill. You have been taking 1/4 of a pill twice a day so that would be the same as taking 4mg of subs a day. Reducing to a 1/4 and a 1/8 piece a day would be like going from 4 mg of sub a day to 3 mg which is a 25% reduction just like the taper plan calls for. Maybe you just hit a road bump with the drop. I know they also make a 1.4 pill which is equal to a 2 mg subtext pill. If you could get you Dr to prescribe you the smaller ones it would make measuring your doses a bit easier. You mentioned taking the smaller dose in the am and the larger one in the pm. Perhaps that will help you out. With the long half live it really should not matter how you do it I would not think. Best wishes and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Folks I have been down to 1 mg for 2 days with minimal discomfort. I think tomorrow I will quit. How long should I wait to try the Hydros to try to calm the storm?

Folks I have been down to 1 mg for 2 days with minimal discomfort. I think tomorrow I will quit. How long should I wait to try the Hydros to try to calm the storm?
    I really don't know what advice to give since jumping from 1 mg is not recommended. Are you just tired of tapering so you're gonna call it quits? I get it, I really do. Even though tapering off properly can be very frustrating and annoying at times, it's worth it.

Like Alex said, the hydro may not give you much relief from Sub WD. Sub is much more potent. As you know, using an opiate to try to alleviate WD isn't recommended, either. It's just too risky for opiate addicts.

All I can really say is it would be wise to taper to at least .25 mg before jumping. However, we'll be here to help and support no matter what you decide. I wish you the best.

Take care,
    Kat

Kat thanks for the information. I am not in an immediate hurry so I will continue to taper. Thanks again.

Kat thanks for the information. I am not in an immediate hurry so I will continue to taper. Thanks again.

**** I am not doing this right or you folks are brilliant. I was on 12MG Suboxone when I started posting on here. I am now down to right at .75 a day. I have had VERY MINIMAL side affects. At this rate I am going to cut down 1 more time over the next week or so and then consider quitting. Thanks folks!

Sorry for all of the posts. I want to make sure I do this right. Right now I take 1 Zubsolv (8MG Suboxone?) and cut it in 1/2 which should make each 4mG. I then cut each 1/2 which should make each in to 2 mg. Then I cut those in 1/2 which makes each 1MG. Does this add up? Thanks.

Sorry for all of the posts. I want to make sure I do this right. Right now I take 1 Zubsolv (8MG Suboxone?) and cut it in 1/2 which should make each 4mG. I then cut each 1/2 which should make each in to 2 mg. Then I cut those in 1/2 which makes each 1MG. Does this add up? Thanks.
    Yes, that's correct. Good to hear you're having only minimal symptoms. It would be very beneficial if you could get down to .25 mg before jumping off.

Keep posting your progress. Have a good day.
    Kat

Well I did it. Saturday Morning was my last day of taking sub (.50). First night could not sleep. Did not get out of bed the next day. Last night I was having involuntary muscle movements. My wife woke up and said it reminded her of the Exorcist. It is 2pm and I am up on my feet. Very very weak but motivated. Also I do not stay far from a bathroom. I tried taking one of my Hydrocodone's last night to see if it would help and I felt nothing. How long does the sub have to be out of the body before they work. Thanks!

Spoke too soon. after posting this yesterday I felt like hell. Last night not much sleep and body spasms. If I do not feel better by tonight I am checking out. If I do not post tomorrow thank you all for all of your help.

Spoke too soon. after posting this yesterday I felt like hell. Last night not much sleep and body spasms. If I do not feel better by tonight I am checking out. If I do not post tomorrow thank you all for all of your help.
    What do you mean by you're gonna "check out"? As in go back to painkillers?

Dax, this is why we kept advising you to be patient and follow the taper plan to the letter. You jumped off too soon. I'm not surprised at all that you're not feeling well. I know you were having a hell of a time cutting the 5.7 mg Zubsolv into the lower doses. That's why Alex suggested that you ask your doc for the 1.4 mg tablets (which are equal to 2 mg Sub). That would have eliminated a lot of the frustration of cutting those low doses.

My advice would be to get back on your taper and do it right this time. I'm really sorry that you're going through this. Please, talk to us. Don't check out.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-25-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    alexnt and Iwanttobeclean like this.

Kat thanks for the advice and encouragement. Is there anything I can do to relieve the body "jerks"? They are killing me at night and preventing me from sleeping. I feel a little better today so I am not sure which direction to go in. Go back and taper down more or since 5+ days have passed without the sub I should grind it out. Any advice is appreciated.

P.S. I have some "Caption Krutom" (sp?), and Mary J but they have minimal affect at curing the muscle spasms.

Kat thanks for the advice and encouragement. Is there anything I can do to relieve the body "jerks"? They are killing me at night and preventing me from sleeping. I feel a little better today so I am not sure which direction to go in. Go back and taper down more or since 5+ days have passed without the sub I should grind it out. Any advice is appreciated.

P.S. I have some "Caption Krutom" (sp?), and Mary J but they have minimal affect at curing the muscle spasms.
    All I can say is that if it were me, I would go back to the lowest effective Sub dose and follow the taper plan. If you feel you have the strength to stick it out, that's up to you. Sub has a very long half-life which is why WD is so drawn out. It's really difficult to predict how long symptoms will last.

Some have seen results using Hylands Restful Leg and Theanine Serene. Both are supplements. I'm not aware of anything else that may help with the "body jerks". Maybe a hot Epsom salt bath?

I can't advise you to use Kratom. I know some people use it to try to combat opiate WD. Be careful there. It sort of works "like" an opiate, which is what makes it very risky for addicts. Kratom use/abuse will cause its own WD.

Let us know how you're doing.
    Kat
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Got it. I never felt any difference when I took the Kratom. I only took 2 capsules over 2 nights. Thanks again Kat.

Daxter I agree with what Kath posted to you. I don't know how far you tapered down but I do not think it was low enough and that is why you have been feeling so bad. I have also read that Kratom is addictive and if used for any period of time you will feel WD from quitting it. Best wishes to you.

Alex

How's it going? Did you resume your taper or are you sticking it out? Let us know how we can help.

All the best,
    Kat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast