Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes
Suboxone Detox Help Please...
    Daxter is offline Junior Member

Ok folks I am still here. I had some life changes and went back on the suboxone or zubsolv. I am now taking between 1.5-1.75 mg 2x a day of zubsolv. I figured that is around 3.75 a day max. I learned my lesson last time trying to jump too early. In the next few days I will make my next cut to around 2.75-3mg a day. Sound right? The reason I say "around" is because when I cut the pills many times they are a little smaller or bigger than intended. When they are larger I just take my finger nail and chip a tiny piece off. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    How's it going? Did you resume your taper or are you sticking it out? Let us know how we can help.

All the best,
    Kat

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
    Ok folks I am still here. I had some life changes and went back on the suboxone or zubsolv. I am now taking between 1.5-1.75 mg 2x a day of zubsolv. I figured that is around 3.75 a day max. I learned my lesson last time trying to jump too early. In the next few days I will make my next cut to around 2.75-3mg a day. Sound right? The reason I say "around" is because when I cut the pills many times they are a little smaller or bigger than intended. When they are larger I just take my finger nail and chip a tiny piece off. Thanks!
    Hey there! It's been awhile. I wondered what had happened with you. How long have you been back on Zubsolv? As long as you don't reduce more than 25% at a time, you'll be fine. I did my entire taper with tablets and had to crush them when I got to lower doses. It was the only way to get accurate dosing. It's a pain in the azz, but worth it. I never questioned the dose I was getting. How are you feeling at your current dose? Remember, being stable before a drop is the most important thing.

Kat

Thank you Lord. Kat I was afraid that you would not be on here anymore . After about 5-6 days of torture when I tried to quit last time I decided to hold off until I was at a good place in my life. Plus after the 1st of the year my vacation days get "re-stocked" so if I have to take some time off I can. I have been with a major worldwide corporation for 34 years (I am only 53) and I get 7 weeks vacation. I feel pretty good at this level so I am going to cut again Friday. I do have a couple of questions if you or anyone else could answer:

1. Since I have been taking this drug 2x a day should I stick with that or try to go to 1x per day (same dosage)?
    2. My psychiatrist is pretty open minded. Is there anything he can prescribe me that will help if I get the involuntary body spasms again when I do quit? Valium?
    3. Is there anything else I should take or do when I quit (besides tapering to at or below .25 - .50 mg a day) that will make me more comfortable / successful? I REALLY want to get this out of my life.

God Bless You All, Daxter

Anyone have any input.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
    Anyone have any input.
    Hey Dax..

Yep, still here. Sorry, I'm not up that early, lol. I'm in So Cal; it's only 8 am here now. Ok, so as far as dosing twice a day: stick to that if you want. Most people move to dosing once a day when their doses become too small to cut in half. As far as comfort meds, I had Clonidine for hot/cold flashes and anxiety. Helped a bit. Some people ask for Nuerontin. Valium may or may not work for the "body spams". Just be really careful with it. Don't take it for too long. Getting off benzos is a nightmare.

The best thing for feeling better is exercise and time. I found this to be true when I jumped in August. Oh, and lots of water. I'll check back with you later...

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-02-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123