Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Suboxone Detox Help Please...
    Daxter is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone Detox Help Please...

Hi I was on Hydrocodone 10's for about 2 years. I have herniated disks and also had epidural injections. The most I took was 6 per day of the Hydro 10's. After a while it started to get out of control. My Psychiatrist put me on Suboxone and I have been on it for 2 years. I take 1.5 strips per day (2 MG Strips I believe). Can someone please recommend a detox schedule? When I ask my psychiatrist he avoids the question. I know 1.5 strips is not a lot but I feel like after 2 years it is going to "hurt" coming off. Thanks in advance.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi, and welcome.

There's a fantastic sub taper plan most of us use to get off subs. It was written by a retired member -- Robert_325. You can find it on this site. Please read it well.

Are you sure your strips are 2 mg? So you're taking 3 mg per day? Let me know and we'll go from there.

We're here to help you through your taper. You've come to the right place
    Kat

Kat thanks so much. I am looking at the film package and it says "Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual film 8mg/2mg". I take a half a strip 3x a day. So 1.5 strips per day. Sorry for the confusion.

So you're taking 8 mg strips? Half an 8 mg strip x 3 would be 12 mg. I can't believe your doc has you on such a high dose. Although, most sub docs are clueless and generally have their patients on doses which are highly unnecessary.

Ok, well, you'll start your taper there..at 12 mg. If you're stable at that dose, your first 25% reduction will be to 9 mg per day. Subs are very strong and have a very long half life so you probably won't even feel the difference in dosage.

Were you able to look over the taper plan? I'll link it to you if you can't find it, but I'll have to get on my laptop first.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Daxter welcome to the forums. Kath suggested you look over the taper plan and I don't know if you did or not. I would put the link to it here but I never have known how to copy a link and paste it or whatever you do to put it here. If you look at the thread by Ken2727 the very first message on it has the link to it. I really have to second what Kath said about most Doctors being clueless when it comes to prescribing suboxone and yours is a perfect example. That is a ridiculous amount for someone who was taking 60 mgs of hydro a day. Anyway theres nothing you can do about it now but start the taper plan. My very best wishes to you and keep posting for any questions that you have.

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Daxtar,

Welcome, The taper plan? It works! I started my taper on November 8th 2013, took my last suboxone dose on jan 1st 2014 and have not found it necessary to consume any opiates since. My opiate dependency was daily dose of 100 mg of Vicodin for several years. Once I came across the taper plan I started a thread and received guidance from these guys.

Taper plan: https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

It really does work,

Good luck my friend, you are in good hands.

Lincoln
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Wow thanks. I thought I was on a low dose... Yes please link the write up. I have searched and cannot find it.

OK I read the write up and it was very informative. Tell me if I should not do this but my first taper takes me from 12mg per day to 9mg. Since the strips I have are 8mg is it ok to just try to start my first taper at 8mg (one strip)? It would be easier and less cutting. Thank you all so much for the help here.

I personally wouldn't reduce to 8 mg since its more than a 25% drop as recommended by the taper plan, but it's up to you.

One strip is already 8 mg so no cutting is required. Then, cut a small piece from a new strip ..a 1 mg piece. There's a great video on YouTube which shows how to cut strips. It was made by HarrySmooth, one of the members here. Check it out!

Also, you can dose once a day or split your doses evenly into 2 doses. Take at the same time every day.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Kat thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

tatsoul is offline New Member

Default help

I am notsure how this site works... I have posted several questions but not sure if I am doing it right or know how to check replies. I am trying to taper off suboxone... I have read alot of good stuff on this site and have been able to taper down to 1mg. But I take it .25mg four times a day. I am wondering if I should take 1mg in morning insted or when I taper next go to .25 three times a day. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by tatsoul View Post
    I am notsure how this site works... I have posted several questions but not sure if I am doing it right or know how to check replies. I am trying to taper off suboxone... I have read alot of good stuff on this site and have been able to taper down to 1mg. But I take it .25mg four times a day. I am wondering if I should take 1mg in morning insted or when I taper next go to .25 three times a day. Please help
    Hi. The best thing to do is start your own thread here on the Suboxone board. That way, we can reply to you personally.

First off, you should not dose 4 times a day. Only twice a day, max. Or you could dose once a day.

If you're stable at 1 mg, your next drop will be to .75 mg.

Start your thread and we'll take it from there.
    Kat
    tatsoul likes this.

Tat, go here and click+ new thread to start your own thread. https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Tell us about you and your goal of becoming opiate free.

Lincoln
    tatsoul likes this.

thanx.. i think i started my own thread

thanx.. i think i started my own thread
    tat i looked and cant find where you started a thread. Are you sure you got one stated? Did not mean to highjack your thread daxter but am just trying to help tatsoul out.

Alex

Dax,

How is it going? Are you still considering the taper plan?

Lincoln

Hi folks no worries about the thread "borrowing" . I am on day 2 of the first taper to 9mg. So far so good. You folks are wonderful people to help others like me out. There is a special place for you...
    alexnt, Ken2727 and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
    Hi folks no worries about the thread "borrowing" . I am on day 2 of the first taper to 9mg. So far so good. You folks are wonderful people to help others like me out. There is a special place for you...
    Hey there. Glad to see you made your first drop and all is well. You're on your way!

You will be just fine as long as you continue to drop by 25% only when stable.
    Have a good day.
    Kat
    Ken2727 and Lincolnecho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    tat i looked and cant find where you started a thread. Are you sure you got one stated? Did not mean to highjack your thread daxter but am just trying to help tatsoul out.

Alex
    So weird. I saw the new thread started by tatsoul last night but it disappeared.

Tat...if you see this..sometimes threads disappear. Don't know why. Start another one
    Kat
    tatsoul likes this.

sorry for highjacking thread bro. im new to this and just trying to get some more info... im gonna repost new thread now.
    thanx
    p.s hope u do well daxtor

No worries on the jacking. We are all in this together...
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Update... Felt a little "puny" yesterday and woke up earlier this morning. Other than that full speed ahead. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnecho View Post
    Dax,

How is it going? Are you still considering the taper plan?

Lincoln
    Wierd.....this post got delayed for some reason.

Good to hear you're having only minor issues since the drop.

Good for you!

Lincoln

Wow. Felt pretty bad today until I took my 2nd and final dose for the day a few minutes ago. Forgot the feeling...

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Dax: This is not unusual. Though you should have enough sub in your system to carry this drop. You should be taking 4.5mg. morning and 4.5mg. about 6-8 hours apart. Get a good multi-vitamin with magnesium and potassium. You're getting great advice here from Kat and Alex.
    Ken2727, alexnt and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Daxter like Rose mentioned this is not unusual. Heres the thing about a sub taper to keep in mind. People who don't use drugs of any kind wake up some days and don't feel all that great sometimes. They just don't feel 100% that day for some reason. I have been off subs for over a year now and I have those days myself where I feel sorta blah like. When we are tapering off of subs if we feel bad for some reason it might have nothing to do with the taper but we always blame it on the taper. Plus part of the taper is mental also and we tend to over think things. I believe you are on day 4 at 9 mg now. Roberts taper plan was designed for people that were just starting out on subs and involved taking as small amount as possible to start out at. I am not posting this to discourage you in any way but you have been on subs for 2 years so your taper is probably going to take more time then a newcomers is that starts out at a low dose. In other words the 4 day drops might not be enough time for you. A good thread for you to check out would be the one by Ken2727 who has been clean since Dec 1. He was I believe on subs for over 2 1/2 years before he found this site and then started using the taper plan on here. For now since you look like today you were having minor problems I would stay at 9 mg at least another day and see how you feel before you even think about dropping. It is perfectly fine not to drop every 4 days. I was only on subs for 4 months and did a lot of my taper on a 6 day schedule. Keep posting how you are doing and start taking the supplements Rose suggested now while you are tapering. Also any extra exercise you can get start getting while your tapering as it will pay off in the long road. Will talk to you later

Alex
    Ken2727, iloerose and Lincolnecho like this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hello and welcome here Daxter .

Glad to see someone else who decided to get off this sub merry go round ( mean long term ) . You have some great people advising you here so I just wanted to give you my best wishes beating this . Like Alex said I was on subs for what wound up being right at 3 years ( over two on 16 mgs ) and used Roberts plan and the advice here successfully to get off Dec 1rst . It may not always be easy but it is very doable in my opinion so trust in this site and those posting to help you along . Like many have said before it may take a bit longer since you where on a higher dose for a longer time frame . Again, You have my best wishes !

Peace ,

Ken

Thanks everyone. Better today. I went from 9mg to 6.75 starting today (hope my math was right). Still on course...
    Ken2727 likes this.

Firefire is offline Member

Hi Dax listen to these guys and girls there great.you have been on subs for a long time therefore it will take you a little bit longer to get off but well worth it in the end .take care ff

OK my first day at 5mg. So far so good. Someone please confirm my math as it is not my specialty. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast