Suboxone & Drug Tests
    goodgirlgonecrazy is offline New Member

Question Suboxone & Drug Tests

I have been taking about a third or fourth of an 8 mg. strip for about 10 days now. However, I have a monthly drug test at my pain management clinic in 9 days. When do i need to stop taking the subs in order for them not to show up in my urine test? I am supposed to have only oxycodone in my system....I have heard 3-5 days or up to 10-24 days? any suggestions? Please help...I need to keep getting my pain meds so I can eventually get off them gradually. Thanks

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goodgirlgonecrazy View Post
    I have been taking about a third or fourth of an 8 mg. strip for about 10 days now. However, I have a monthly drug test at my pain management clinic in 9 days. When do i need to stop taking the subs in order for them not to show up in my urine test? I am supposed to have only oxycodone in my system....I have heard 3-5 days or up to 10-24 days? any suggestions? Please help...I need to keep getting my pain meds so I can eventually get off them gradually. Thanks
    You need to stop right away as subs have a very long half life. It varies person to person on how fast you metabolize drugs in your system.

goodgirlgonecrazy is offline New Member

Thanks for your reply. Can you be a little more specific? Should I not take anymore? Last dose was yesterday morning-I took about a fourth of a strip.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goodgirlgonecrazy View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Can you be a little more specific? Should I not take anymore? Last dose was yesterday morning-I took about a fourth of a strip.
    No do not take any more at all if your test is in 9 days. If a person takes 2 mg a day for 10 straight days and the half life for you is 37 hrs then at that point yesterday you would have had about 5.5 mg of subs in your system. Some people they claim that the half life for them can be 72 hrs so if that was the case in 9 days you would only go thru 3 half lives and still have around .65 mg of subs in your system 9 days later. Theres no way of knowing how fast you metabolize subs so to be safe I would take no more now. Better to be safe then sorry. Do you have enough oxy or access to it to not get dopesick to make it 9 days?