Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By alexnt
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By alexnt
Suboxone question
    Yezwit is offline New Member

Default Suboxone question

I have never had a drug addiction in the past of any kind. I started taking suboxone about 10 months ago.

I take .75-1mg per day never any more. It seems to calm me. A few month ago I went 8 days without taking any to see if I would have withdrawal symptoms, which I really didn't. Maybe slight discomfort and sleeplessness but really not much.

My question is do you think I will go through withdrawal if I were to just stop now? I have been reading a lot about it and am getting worried.

I have a very fast metabolism if that means anything?

Please let me know your thoughts.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yezwit View Post
    I have never had a drug addiction in the past of any kind. I started taking suboxone about 10 months ago.

I take .75-1mg per day never any more. It seems to calm me. A few month ago I went 8 days without taking any to see if I would have withdrawal symptoms, which I really didn't. Maybe slight discomfort and sleeplessness but really not much.

My question is do you think I will go through withdrawal if I were to just stop now? I have been reading a lot about it and am getting worried.

I have a very fast metabolism if that means anything?

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Yez if you have been taking it for 10 months and stop suddenly my guess is yes you will fill some WD. With the long half life of subs it stacks up in your system. Subs have a half life of anywhere from 20 to 72 hours depending on how fast your body metabolizes it. The supposed norm for it is 37.5 hours. So lets just use 36 hours for you. If your body metabolizes subs with a half life of 36 hours then multiply your daily dose times around 2.7. If you have been taking 1 mg a day for any amount of time of over 2 weeks then when you take your daily dose of 1 mg you would at that point have around 2.7 mg of subs in your system. supposedly 1 mg of subs is equal to 30 to 60 mg of morphine. If its only 30 then that would be equal to suddenly stop taking around 80 mg of morphine a day. The longer one stays on subs the harder it is to jump off of it supposedly. You can always just stop taking it and see if you get the same results as you did a few months ago when you stopped. If you find it causes you to feel uncomfortable WD symptoms then you could just start taking it again and ween yourself off of it. Best wishes to you and post back with any questions you have

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

If I were to just stop and I did end up feeling pretty bad, do you think I would be able to slowly ween to the point where the wd would be very minimal given the low dosage I have taken?

Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

If I were to just stop and I did end up feeling pretty bad, do you think I would be able to slowly ween to the point where the wd would be very minimal given the low dosage I have taken?
    Yes you could ween down to a small amount and it would make the wd minimal. You mentioned you take between .75 to 1 mg a day so you could just start a taper right away if you find that stopping suddenly does not work out. You could do it starting out with a daily dose of 1 mg and ween down from there. If you are going to taper off you would need to take your dose at the same time everyday. You might even be able to start your taper process out at .75 a day. If you do decide you want to taper off post it here and myself and probably some other members here will be around to offer you support and answer any questions that you have. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Default Suboxone question

I had a little bit of sub left so here is what I've done. 4 days ago I took a .75 piece. The next two days I took a piece that was probably .25. Yesterday and today I took a piece that was probably .15. Tomorrow I will take the same and that will be the last.

Not sure if the above does anything or helps at all.

As of now I have felt zero symptoms, zero discomfort, and have had zero issues.

Doing what I did above do you think I would have at least felt something if I were going to have wd? Or when would you expect me to experience anything?

Thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-28-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I had a little bit of sub left so here is what I've done. 4 days ago I took a .75 piece. The next two days I took a piece that was probably .25. Yesterday and today I took a piece that was probably .15. Tomorrow I will take the same and that will be the last.

Not sure if the above does anything or helps at all.

As of now I have felt zero symptoms, zero discomfort, and have had zero issues.

Doing what I did above do you think I would have at least felt something if I were going to have wd? Or when would you expect me to experience anything?

Thanks
    It's so hard to say what will happen. Are you out of Sub?

Like Alex said, the only way to find out is to go through it. Since you were on a relatively low dose, you may be able to tough it out without having to deal with harsh WD symptoms. But none of us can say for sure. If it becomes too much to deal with, you could always use the taper plan to wean off properly. It works, I promise.

Let us know how you're doing. Good luck!
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Just wanted to report back. It has been 82 hours since my last piece of sub.

I have really not felt anything. Maybe a little tired and a little anxiety yesterday, but today I feel pretty much 100%.

I feel that if I was going to get hit with anything I would have been feeling it by now especially with that little quick taper if that's what you wanna call it.

I have been thinking and wondering if withdrawal from sub for a former addict of say h or pain pills is a lot different than if someone never was addicted to anything and just started taking sub.

Sub actually gives me a high. I have never had an addiction in order to get on sub, I just started taking it.

So I wonder if coming from a previous addiction to sub to stopping gives a more harsh withdrawal than someone who just takes sub.

Idk if I'm making sense. But maybe when you have a previous addiction and move straight to sub to avoid wd the sub packs it in your brain and you never go through that pain pill wd, but when you stop taking sub it's kind of still there and the wd then comes out a little along with sub wd?

Haha I have just been thinking and wondering why I have not really felt anything both times I have stopped. Just one day of kinda tired.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I'm pulling for you! I hope you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience WD after 10 months on Sub and a very quick taper. Please keep up posted. Try to hang in there if things get hairy. If it becomes unbearable, you could re-induct at a very low dose and taper off within a matter of weeks.

I wish you all the best,
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Just wanted to report back. It has been 82 hours since my last piece of sub.

I have really not felt anything. Maybe a little tired and a little anxiety yesterday, but today I feel pretty much 100%.

I feel that if I was going to get hit with anything I would have been feeling it by now especially with that little quick taper if that's what you wanna call it.

I have been thinking and wondering if withdrawal from sub for a former addict of say h or pain pills is a lot different than if someone never was addicted to anything and just started taking sub.

Sub actually gives me a high. I have never had an addiction in order to get on sub, I just started taking it.

So I wonder if coming from a previous addiction to sub to stopping gives a more harsh withdrawal than someone who just takes sub.

Idk if I'm making sense. But maybe when you have a previous addiction and move straight to sub to avoid wd the sub packs it in your brain and you never go through that pain pill wd, but when you stop taking sub it's kind of still there and the wd then comes out a little along with sub wd?

Haha I have just been thinking and wondering why I have not really felt anything both times I have stopped. Just one day of kinda tired.
    yezwit I would guess that since it has been 82 hours since you last dosed and with the small amount you took the last 5 days that whatever you are feeling now might change a little bit but probably not that much. If you are still feeling ok when you read this and still have not dosed since you were at the 82 hour mark then I would say your physical symptoms of a little anxiety and tiredness wont increase any worse. You should at this point not have that much subs stacked up in your system by now with the small doses you used the last 5 days prior to reaching 82 hours without dosing. Like Kath mentioned if they did worsen and you started to feel an increase in symptoms and you started to feel really uncomfortable you could just reinduct at a small dose and then taper your self off from there. Let us know if you get a chance to how you are feeling and we can take it from there. I am glad that while you did use subs for a number of months that you kept your dose at 1 mg or less while using subs and it appears that by doing this it never really got its claw into you. I really thought you might have to taper off over about a 3 or 4 week pace but it appears for now that it might not have been the case. best wishes to you on not needing to take any more subs and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.