Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DET Red09 View Post
    I understand what you said...But what doesnt make sense is........Well I have been taking 12mg of suboxone...Then on Sunday for other issues I dropped it to half a pill a day...4mg...I take it at about 530am...If it has the 36 hour half life...I take more exactly every 24 hours for the past 5 days...So it still doesnt explain why I just now had the urge to take more....But for the past days I havefelt fine...At least I think I did?...Sometimes itd hard to tell because I usually dont ever feel good....So when I feel lousy I dont know if its because I need more suboxone or because I am depressed...Oh and I am depressd...Thats always been obvious....

But youve heard this a thousand times....But I think it is very cool that there is people out there like you who seem to actually care about other people...I am so used to being around selfish people that reading your posts are refreshing and I feel a sense of calmness...Browsing around the forum I see you have many detailed posts to other users...God bless YOU for that...the world needs more people like for thigs to ever change........

I have spent most of my life in the Detroit area which is mainly drug abusers to the maximum...I dont want to place you in a category but when you say street drugs drinkin and smokin I imagine those fiends that roam the street...and to think one of them deciding to become clean and actually try to make a positive impact on others is amazing....But then again I mean no offense im not calling you a crackhead or anything...But I think you know what I mean..........Thanks for being a real person

I appreciate the kind words and I don't take offense with anything you say. I do this as a form of making ammends for lots of the "not so good" things I have done in my life. This is a ministry for me. I try to help people when I am able. I owe society that much at least for just being me.

You are right about the street drug thing. I doubt there are very many drugs of any kind I haven't done in excess at one time or another. Not bragging by any means, but we tend to place more value on someone's opinion who has been there for a long time.

The thing about your suboxone problem is that first of all suboxone is a very low dose medication. By that I mean that we take it in a very small number of mg per dose. You said you went from 12mg to 4mg last Sunday. Think about that. You dropped the dose by 75% at one time. That is crazy. You should never do that, especially from a moderately high dose to a small dose. It's no wonder you got sick. For the last five days your body hasn't noticed the change in doses because the long half life has been keeping you from feeling it. Then after 4-5 days it has caught up with itself and you. I would have told you exactly what would happen if we had talked on Sunday. This is a classic example of what happens when we don't reduce the dose properly.

You need to re-adjust your dose now. You dropped it by way too much. Tell me exactly how you are feeling and exactly what w/d symptoms you are experiencing. Do you have access to plenty of suboxone if I suggest to you that you increase your dose at this time? Or do you want me to make these suggestions to you at all? I don't ever want to get into someone else's space without them wanting me to do so. See this is what you should do, bump it up some, and then we can start you tapering back down again the right way.

I have several good friends in and around Detroit. I have worked with all of them trying to help them get rid of their opiate dependencies as well. Detroit is one of the worst places in the country for drugs and violence as you know. It's a trip. Let me know if you want help getting the suboxone dosing down properly and getting off it entirely. God bless.

DET Red09 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I appreciate the kind words and I don't take offense with anything you say. I do this as a form of making ammends for lots of the "not so good" things I have done in my life. This is a ministry for me. I try to help people when I am able. I owe society that much at least for just being me.

You are right about the street drug thing. I doubt there are very many drugs of any kind I haven't done in excess at one time or another. Not bragging by any means, but we tend to place more value on someone's opinion who has been there for a long time.

The thing about your suboxone problem is that first of all suboxone is a very low dose medication. By that I mean that we take it in a very small number of mg per dose. You said you went from 12mg to 4mg last Sunday. Think about that. You dropped the dose by 75% at one time. That is crazy. You should never do that, especially from a moderately high dose to a small dose. It's no wonder you got sick. For the last five days your body hasn't noticed the change in doses because the long half life has been keeping you from feeling it. Then after 4-5 days it has caught up with itself and you. I would have told you exactly what would happen if we had talked on Sunday. This is a classic example of what happens when we don't reduce the dose properly.

You need to re-adjust your dose now. You dropped it by way too much. Tell me exactly how you are feeling and exactly what w/d symptoms you are experiencing. Do you have access to plenty of suboxone if I suggest to you that you increase your dose at this time? Or do you want me to make these suggestions to you at all? I don't ever want to get into someone else's space without them wanting me to do so. See this is what you should do, bump it up some, and then we can start you tapering back down again the right way.

I have several good friends in and around Detroit. I have worked with all of them trying to help them get rid of their opiate dependencies as well. Detroit is one of the worst places in the country for drugs and violence as you know. It's a trip. Let me know if you want help getting the suboxone dosing down properly and getting off it entirely. God bless.

Yes, I did think when I did it that it wouldnt work out....But I did it for a reason....Normally I take a full 8mg pill at 530am...Then usually around 5-6pm I take another half (4mg).....You see I wouldnt of dropped so low unless I had a reason....My doctor I go to has set little goals for me..One is to read the NA handbook...The other is to try to attend meetings....I dont want to go to meetings because I wouldnt feel right....So well the last time I went to see him Sept 18 I lied to him and told him I orderd the NA book online...It was a lil white lie because I inteded to actually order it as soon as I leave...he was aware that I didnt actually have it yet and that it was coming...But I waited until just last Sunday...and then I noticed I had only 14 8mg pills left...So I figured I need to order the book ASAP because I dont want to go see him and not have the book with me (he wants me to bring it)..I cant lie about having it because obviously he would ask me about it.....So I ordered it Sunday off of Amazon and I noticed the shipping said it wouldnt even be sent out until AT LEAST 7-11 days....So I was kinda screwed...So I figured I cant afford at any costs to run out of my Pills again....But I cant go see him because I will look like a liar and I dont want him to think im not serious about recovery because I AM....

I cut the dose to 4mg a day and have done that from Monday until Friday...I didnt feel sick...But kind of just aggravated...emotional...Basically I felt that horrible dead feeling withdrawl gives you....So I started wondering more about when my book would come so I could make an appointment...I look online and it shows something I never noticed before...It says it wont be shipped out until AT LEAST Oct 20th-24th....and then you have to put in the days it would take to get here....So I was like no way I cant do this....I took another half around 2 hours ago....I feel much better now...Plus a great thing happened...I was calling around trying to see if stores had it but they told me I had to go to NA to get it...

I went to yellowpages.com..I was able to find the 24hr hotline...I called and asked if they had the books at meetings...turned out they DO!...To my surpise..There was a meeting starting 10 minutes from when I made the call..A HALF MILE FROM MY HOUSE..talk about fate...So the lady told me I could go there and get the book....So I went...It baffled me...there was at LEAST 200 people there...But the anxiety hit me...When I was going there I was planning on actually staying for the meeting..But I got way too nervous...BUT I BOUGHT THE BOOK THERE...I feel so relived that I can go back to the doc without looking like some dick whop just going there to get some pills.......Heck on amazon I was gonna pay 13.98 for the paperback book.........They gave me the hardcover for 10 bucks....So I definatly made out....very nice to work out like that...

Its not that I was considering you a junkie...Its just that what you saiud painted the picture of the men and women I see walking our streets all night doing anything to get a pack of blow....or a rock...and imagining one of them actually getting their lives toghether seems futile...its as if they do not care what so ever....So the fact you got sober is amazing in my eyes...But im not saying you where like them....Detroit is....the worst place in the US...It is number one for murders...if not every year...it is always in the top 3...Heck kinda off topic but in 1977..777 people where MURDERD here in just a year!!...Now it has lowered a lot to about 350-400 ppl a year....and %90 of it is drug related....I hear gunshots every other night......Sorry for getting off topic...Just last week a 4 month old baby was killed in a drive by.....This is hell out here man

I have done NA for years. You said that you were supposed to buy the NA workbook. You said that you bought the hardcover book for $10. The workbook doesn't come in a hardcover edition. If you bought a hardcover book then you bought the basic text and not the workbook. That is a fact. The NA groups all have the books available for sale. They have the workbook, but its like an 8 x 11 size and gold/green and in a soft cover.

I was never one of the homeless junkies walking the streets. But only because I always managed to make money even while I was addicted. Because I always made money I did not have to prostitute myself or rob businesses or anything like you think about with addicts. I always paid my bills and usually ended up paying for lots of those around me as well. I was always successful in business even while using.

I totally agree with your dr about you attending meetings. I also agree that working the 12 steps from the workbook would be great for you. If you start going to meetings and get a sponsor you will start using that workbook working the steps. But for what my opinion is worth I KNOW that this would be beneficial to you if you would do it with the right attitude.

If you want to get back on a proper dose and then work yourself down properly and get off the suboxone I can help you. Let me know. God bless.

Well...I know he wanted me to get some NA book.....I cant remmeber if it was hand book, work book, basic text or whatever....But I do recall him saying its blue....The hardcover book I have is actually all black without the cover...the cover is completely blue.......Plus I also remember him saying when I got it that "You dont have to read the entire thing if you dont want to. The beginning part is mostly important and the 2nd half is peopls stories"...............and taking the look at this book that seems to be the layout....It is the NA 5th edition....it is broken into Book 1 and Book 2.....So im pretty sure I have the one he wanted me to get even if I was referring to it the correct way up there......Even if its not I cant imagine him not thinking a patient could benefit from studying this book as well because obviously it had a lot of stuff in it.

Default DET Red09

If he told you to get the blue one then you have the correct book. The basic text is the only one with a blue cover or any kind of blue on it. It is a great book. And the first part of the book is about the 12 Steps, the back half is personal stories. So I am sure that you purchased the right book.

Take your time with it reading. Spend some time thinking about what you read. That book helped me a lot especially early in recovery. I still read out of it occasionally. I have no idea how many times I've read it in its entirety over the years. Don't make it like an assignment from the dr. Try to get some benefit out of it if you are going to invest your time reading it. And going back to the NA meeting itself would be a great idea.

You wonder how a fried drug addict turned his life around and is now a Christian and a productive member of society ... it began with my first NA meeting and an open mind. That is the truth.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2008 at 05:30 PM.

cjhaggard is offline New Member

Default No it will not go away!!

I hate to tell you, but this is just a side effect of opiate dependence. My boyfriend and I had a painkiller addiction and switched to Suboxone which is another opiate so really another addiction. When we were on Suboxone we never wanted to have sex. It is just one of those things. The best thing to do is if your husband is ready, he should start tapering off of the sub. The less a person takes, the less side effects. I am off Suboxone now and I will tell you it was tough, but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by cjhaggard View Post
    I hate to tell you, but this is just a side effect of opiate dependence. My boyfriend and I had a painkiller addiction and switched to Suboxone which is another opiate so really another addiction. When we were on Suboxone we never wanted to have sex. It is just one of those things. The best thing to do is if your husband is ready, he should start tapering off of the sub. The less a person takes, the less side effects. I am off Suboxone now and I will tell you it was tough, but not impossible.

What are you talking about? No one is discussing having sex here. No one even has a husband here. We are both guys. Are you on the correct thread??? I think you have replied in the wrong place to something else.

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but those last two posts made me laugh for 5 min.
    Still laughing. thanks for making my night...
    Melinda...still laughing

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Sorry but those last two posts made me laugh for 5 min.
    Still laughing. thanks for making my night...
    Melinda...still laughing

Glad I could help. You know I always try to make you laugh whenever possible Melinda. Have a pleasant evening.

Well its still very true....Its almost impossible to get in the mood........

Quote Originally Posted by DET Red09 View Post
    Well its still very true....Its almost impossible to get in the mood........

Yes it is but where did that post come from??? It just got thrown in there out of nowhere. Was kind of funny.

walck is offline Junior Member

Default I Jumped Off You Can Too

Was addicted to oxycontin after surgery. went on Suboxone for 3 months but did not like it and wanted to get off. I was never a drug user which helps because I never have or had cravings. Tapered to .5 suboxone and jumped on Friday. Saturday was fine, Sunday started feeling badly, Monday was a terrible day. dr. gave me clonipin AND clonidine together and told me to take immodium get in bed and drink drink drink which I did. It is Wednesday afternoon and I am feeling so much better. Little queasy and still diarehea but eating soup only. Seriously by the weekend I will be fine and next weekend I think back to normal and i do not expect to have any PAWS. NOT everyone does. It has a lot to do w ith how much you are taking and how long you have been on it. For those of you who havenot been on itlong, get your doctor to taper you down to .5 and jump. I stayed at .5 for a month before I jumped. I am so excited to finally be clean. My surgeries were in March and April and I was in bed for months. Yeah!

Anonymous Guest

Default Yeaaaaaaaaaa

Hi Walck
    Girl I am so happy for you. you have done so well.
    Sounds like your nightmare is over.
    Now you can move on with your life.
    Chalk up another one for ROBERT !!!
    Talk to ya later,Melinda

Today is Thursday and I feel great. totally back to normal if I can remember even what that felt like. have no symptoms. I am not taking any drugs today. No need to be in a stupor. Going to get dressed and go out! it is over for me and I cannot believe it. part of it was having a most wonderful understanding doctor who really talked and listened to me. Good luck to everyone out there. geto ff when you can. You will feel so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by walck View Post
    Today is Thursday and I feel great. totally back to normal if I can remember even what that felt like. have no symptoms. I am not taking any drugs today. No need to be in a stupor. Going to get dressed and go out! it is over for me and I cannot believe it. part of it was having a most wonderful understanding doctor who really talked and listened to me. Good luck to everyone out there. geto ff when you can. You will feel so much better.

You know that I am thrilled for you Carol. It's been a trying year for you with the surgery and such a long recovery period. You have had some challenging experiences over the last year and were certainly deserving of a decent break. I am happy for you and have enjoyed getting to know you as well. You've been a very positive person and I can't help but think that has had to have helped you through this process. Now you will be better able to enjoy all of those Broadway plays! Please stay in touch. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-23-2008 at 10:14 AM.

sisterwin2 is offline Member

WOW... ty ty ty for the post. You have lessen my fear by 10 fold. THis also pisses me off since now what excuses can I come up with why I am dragging this out to face the wd. Instead I chose to lessen my dose and be in wd, lessen my dose and be in wd again. Hell, I am even slighly younger then you (I think).. that takes that excuse.

GOD bless you Carol...... you have done it. Now your drug free and no need to dose to sleep or get up... how wonderful.

Sister

Seriously sister- I cried for a week getting ready for it. I was so frightened. The key is the drugs for the first few days to make you sleep thru it. I wasted all that good energy worrying about it and being so frightened. I still do have some diarehea but nothing I can't handle but no PAWS for sure although i was only on it for about 3 months. Just DO IT! I gave my bottle of pills to my doctor when he gave me the other stuff so that I could not change my mind if it was horrible. I was determined to see it thru. Good luck and if I can beo f any help let mek now for sure. Carol

sisterwin2 is offline Member

Seriously sister- I cried for a week getting ready for it. I was so frightened. The key is the drugs for the first few days to make you sleep thru it. I wasted all that good energy worrying about it and being so frightened. I still do have some diarehea but nothing I can't handle but no PAWS for sure although i was only on it for about 3 months. Just DO IT! I gave my bottle of pills to my doctor when he gave me the other stuff so that I could not change my mind if it was horrible. I was determined to see it thru. Good luck and if I can beo f any help let mek now for sure. Carol

thanks sweetie...... so proud of you. What dose of Klonapin did you take? I have an appointment with my neuro doc next week and may try that route. He admits he knows nothing about sub and just is wishing me luck. I also know he will give me anything I ask for Barr an opiate now, finally now. That took some convincing on my part to him. He is so sweet and hates that anyone has to suffer anything.

PAWS..... don't even worry or think about that. If it does happen its a sure fire sign that your brain is healing.

sister-one thing I forgot, insomnia. Can you stand it. Don't know how long that will last. The days are so great but last night was UGH! ended up over medicating and getting sick. An ambien, 2 ativan and then at 3am 2 simply sleep. Have no idea when I went to sleep finally but Iknow it will go away. I sit in the dark on my deck with a coat on and try and relax. Today I feel great just alittle groggy but I am going to the gym to try and work some of it thru.

Sister--- I don't know the dosage. I threw the bottle away today. I took 2 clonopine and 1 clonidine (the blood pressure stuff). I started with just the clonopin but it did nothing. It was the combination. he gave me togan suppositories for the diarehea and the rest was just cold wash clothson my face and drink drink drink. being diabetic i had to cut the gatorade in half with water, or OJ cut with water. Let me know when you are ready to do it. i want to know how you do. thats what this whole blog is about isn't it.

Sister--- I don't know the dosage. I threw the bottle away today. I took 2 clonopine and 1 clonidine (the blood pressure stuff). I started with just the clonopin but it did nothing. It was the combination. he gave me togan suppositories for the diarehea and the rest was just cold wash clothson my face and drink drink drink. being diabetic i had to cut the gatorade in half with water, or OJ cut with water. Let me know when you are ready to do it. i want to know how you do. thats what this whole blog is about isn't it.

Carol ... only thing I want to mention here is that you need to know how much of these drugs you are taking. You don't want to take clonidine just however you feel that you need it. It's a blood pressure pill and you can only take so much of that medication or it becomes dangerous. And adding unknown amounts of klonopin to the clonidine is risky. Depending on what dose you are taking of these meds you could put yourself to sleep permanently if you don't take them carefully. Please use caution with what you are doing. God bless.

Robert-threw those drugs away!!!!! Today I went on a bus trip to Annapolis Naval Academy and had such a great day. Have not felt this good in about 8 months. So so normal. No complaints at all. I know i was taking a chance with the over medicating which is why I just threw them out and now have no idea of the dose for sisterwin. I know I took 1 clonopin in the am and 2 at nite and the clonidine (blood pressure) I took one am and 1 pm. The key to this SISTERWIN is dealing with a doctor who knows about withdraw!!!!!

Robert-threw those drugs away!!!!! Today I went on a bus trip to Annapolis Naval Academy and had such a great day. Have not felt this good in about 8 months. So so normal. No complaints at all. I know i was taking a chance with the over medicating which is why I just threw them out and now have no idea of the dose for sisterwin. I know I took 1 clonopin in the am and 2 at nite and the clonidine (blood pressure) I took one am and 1 pm. The key to this SISTERWIN is dealing with a doctor who knows about withdraw!!!!!

That is really good news Carol. Glad you threw them away. But I'm REALLY glad that you have turned the corner with getting better. You have had such a difficult time with all this. I am happy for you. Don't worry about sister. She is a big girl and knows what she has to do. You take care. God bless.

Default Days Later

Was addicted to oxycontin after surgery. went on Suboxone for 3 months but did not like it and wanted to get off. I was never a drug user which helps because I never have or had cravings. Tapered to .5 suboxone and jumped on Friday. Saturday was fine, Sunday started feeling badly, Monday was a terrible day. dr. gave me clonipin AND clonidine together and told me to take immodium get in bed and drink drink drink which I did. It is Wednesday afternoon and I am feeling so much better. Little queasy and still diarehea but eating soup only. Seriously by the weekend I will be fine and next weekend I think back to normal and i do not expect to have any PAWS. NOT everyone does. It has a lot to do w ith how much you are taking and how long you have been on it. For those of you who havenot been on itlong, get your doctor to taper you down to .5 and jump. I stayed at .5 for a month before I jumped. I am so excited to finally be clean. My surgeries were in March and April and I was in bed for months. Yeah!

So I have been clean for 4 days and feel great. Seriously back to my old self. I will admit to having some strange feelings at night. I am sensing they are cravings from my brain. I have never experienced such a thing, not being a habitual user prior to my surgery. The feeling is strange and I have been maybe slightly tempted to take a percocet but I really have no pain and no need. I promised myself after this experience that I would have to be 1 step away from calling 911 for pain before I would take another narcotic, because ibuprophen really does help my pain. I will be strong and I am sure this too shall pass. I never did get the whole brain addiction thing or the increase in receptors but I am definately feeling something I am not comfortable with so beware everyone, jumping off is great but staying straight is harder than I thought. I always said losing weight was way easier than keeping it off. Same idea. And seriously, for my back pain I always had percocet in the house but would NEVER take it until I was crying in pain, maybe 30-40 a year. So I try to get a lot of sleep to recharge and know tomorrow will be easier.

So I have been clean for 4 days and feel great. Seriously back to my old self. I will admit to having some strange feelings at night. I am sensing they are cravings from my brain. I have never experienced such a thing, not being a habitual user prior to my surgery. The feeling is strange and I have been maybe slightly tempted to take a percocet but I really have no pain and no need. I promised myself after this experience that I would have to be 1 step away from calling 911 for pain before I would take another narcotic, because ibuprophen really does help my pain. I will be strong and I am sure this too shall pass. I never did get the whole brain addiction thing or the increase in receptors but I am definately feeling something I am not comfortable with so beware everyone, jumping off is great but staying straight is harder than I thought. I always said losing weight was way easier than keeping it off. Same idea. And seriously, for my back pain I always had percocet in the house but would NEVER take it until I was crying in pain, maybe 30-40 a year. So I try to get a lot of sleep to recharge and know tomorrow will be easier.

The cravings and mind games are what makes this hard after we get clean. Just don't use no matter what. It will get a little better each day. God bless.

As always. thanks Robert for your encouragement. It is almost 3 in the morning and I have given up for the night. I will go into the living room and watch episodes of Mad Men and Californication On Demand that I missed and grab a nap sometime tomorrow. I will be leaving for Florida Monday and will not have any drugs with me! They are locked in a safe with a key as my husband certainly has the POTENTIAL to be an abuser if we let him, fortunateky all our doctors know that and don't give him any. My idea at the moment is to give the key to my neighbor for awhile. She knows the whole story. And then it won't be an issue. I will probably talk to you before I leave on Monday. The trip will be stressful a stressful one for me but an obligation I can't refuse.

Default Carol

It's almost 5 this morning. Don't feel like the lone ranger on the sleep thing. I still don't have my sleep regulated even after all the time I have been clean. I don't think I ever will. It's something I have had to learn to live with.

It's smart to keep the medication put up if that is what it takes. I couldn't have them on the premesis myself but whatever works for you is okay. At least you have your friend participating in your recovery with you. That is good. Take care and God bless.

Robert- i hate the long nights. Not really any sleep all night. I go nites like that but i don't feel tired in the day. You would think I would be exhausted. I always feel so wired. I took the dog out at 6 for a walk. We love the cold weather. I realized that I am not happy! I used to be happy back when I guess I was working full time and feeling very important. I always had important well paying jobs and i think I was my job and now that i am on disability because of the depressive episodes being stonger and longer I feel like nobody. Been in therapy for years. Not really cutting it lately. I had a thought about going to a real and true practicing healer but after reading the book, I am not sure i can give my whole self up to them. Ik now I would resist internally unless it was someone I knew already and trusted. With therapy you can tell just as much as you want. But true healers I found thru research can tell what is going on with you. I am not sure I want to know. I am so confused lately. I thought my back surgery would change my life. I can walk which is a big change but it did not change my life. I want someone to tell me how to get happy again. i am 59 and thinking "Is this all there is". All my friends were tied into my jobs and now it is just me and the husband and he still works AND has a wonderful and fun side business he has done for many years. he photographs celebrities in NY and Atlantic City at premieres, charity events, balls, etc and he has an agent that only sells to the media. So many of his pictures are printed in mags and rags all over the world and he makes a nice peice of change for himself with that money. He has hundreds of his photos all over the walls in his office. I have no fun things to do. And I can't seem to force myself back to the gym. Am I just trying to rush it?

Default Carol

Gosh Carol ... I think we are getting a little out of my league here now. I am definitely not a therapist. I can only speak in generalities about the things you are asking about.

I can relate to what you say about not feeling like you have constructive and positive things happening in your life. That happens to lots of people when they retire for whatever reason. I know that when I retired it was a real challenge for me too. I would wake up and not have any direction in my life. I was used to running companies, being on the board of directors, hiring and training sales people, developing new marketing plans, and then suddenly I had nothing to do. I would stay up until 4:00 in the morning and would still wake up early. That was when I started having more serious sleeping problems.

When we retire we have got to find something new to occupy our time or we are lost. You need a hobby, perhaps some volunteer work, something to make you feel like you are accomplishing something. It's obvious that this would lead into a state of depression if it isn't dealt with properly. Physical activity like the gym always helps to get our endorphine production going fast. That usually helps us to feel better. I don't really know anything about healers or what they might offer you. I can't make any intelligent suggestions about that whatsoever.

I don't really know what else to say about this. You need to do some soul searching and decide what you want. You're too young to hit the rocking chair. I know you don't want to do that. Put some thought into this. What have you always wanted to do? You're fortunate in that you are able financially to do something that you have always wanted to do. You've just got to figure out what that is. God bless.

m3doc is offline New Member

sorry to start the ball rolling again re: suboxone, but i just found this forum. i have some observations that i'd like some help with. short bio: i was a sober alcoholic for 10 yrs. and celebrated the milestone by drinking a draft beer :-). sounds like a bad joke, but i actually did it. of course if was going to be a temporary reward and of course i was going to be able to handle it, blah, blah, blah. about the time i was ready to stop drinking my nightly 6 pack my mother was diagnosed w/ brain cancer. so i medicated my sadness and stress of taking care of her the last 10 months. 2 years go by while i grieve my mother's death by of drinking more and more until i decide i have to stop drinking. in the mean time i have a couple of minor surgeries and what does the doc give me? yeah, percocet! i stopped drinking alright by getting hooked on hydrocodone. i was able to get it over the internet by the boat load. i sink into a horrible depression and recognize that i have to stop the pills. i make a couple of attempts to withdraw cold turkey at the height of my addiction which was 450 mg of hydros a day. i saved my liver by having them compounded at 15/80 hydro/tylenol, yeah you can get just about anything over the net if you search hard enough.....and i did. sorry for the long diatribe, but maybe somebody out there might find my path of self destruction interesting and possibly avoid the same pitfalls. i would stop drinking, (now i'm up to about a half liter of vodka a day minimum) to help the w/d symptoms from the pills. then i'd repeat the process over a period of several years. all the while i lost my mom, my job, my self esteem, yada, yada. now i'm clinically depressed and i'm diagnosed with stage lll prostate cancer. the only hope i have to buy some time is by having a radical prostatectomy. i was only 51 at the time so this was really hit me hard. there's no way i'm having major surgery w/o pain killers so now i'm on morphine and rapidly going down hill with my addiction and depression. this is around 2006 when i read on the net about some drug called subutex. here's the ironic part, as easy as it was to find and get supplied with hydros it took me almost a year to find a doctor near enough to me that had the suboxone certification. btw, i lost my insurance and couldn't afford suboxone treatment, but i couldn't afford the pills anymore either and sure as hell didn't want to go through w/d again. i sold everything i owned and went to a doc that put me on suboxone. once again i apologize for the lengthy bs, but the background kind of helps explain some of my questions. i lost my house and can't work. i can't afford suboxone and need to get off the stuff. i'm taking 12 mg daily. i actually weaned down to stopping all suboxone about a year ago and started having some of the symptoms that are mentioned here. my w/d from suboxone got so uncomfortable that i started taking it again. it's been a year now and about 6 months ago i started to experience sweats. since this was new i assumed that i had been on suboxone so long that tapering down was causing these sweats and if i continued to wean down what other w/d symptoms would be around the bend so i've been hesitant to go much below 12 mg a day. i've been on anti depressants for a long time and i used to get extremely depressed when just the thought of not taking opiates would creep into my mind. i was so miserable that my drugs were my only enjoyment. it seems as though there is a definite psychological component as well as physical addiction to narcotics associated with chemical imbalances. i hate the thought of going inpatient to help get clean. what is the general consensus about inpatient treatment >>. doing this at home with the aid of suboxone?

tia

ee

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast