Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Default m3doc

That is quite a story. I am a little older than you and I guess if given enough years to screw up we can accumulate some really dumb experiences. I know that I certainly have a bunch. Most people would think I was making it all up if I told my entire story. If I can make it to the other side you can too. Its a lot harder for us after so many years of mistakes but it can be done.

The people I see who have the most difficult time stopping suboxone are those who have either used too high of a dose or else they use it for too long. Unfortunately you fall into both categories. Not trying to be a doomsayer, just telling the truth. I will always do that. No need to sugar coat this deal.

I will attempt to work on a taper plan with you if you are willing to commit to following suggestions. This will take focus and commitment. I am stretched very thin on this forum but will do whatever it takes to help you if you will do whatever it takes as well. I believe that you can beat this without inpatient rehab IF you follow instructions. If you can't do that then you should check yourself in before you die. I mean that with all respect.

You have had some significant clean time in the past and you sound like you have been involved in recovery. I suggest that you get back into the program. Start doing some type of 12 step recovery again. Then we can work together and try to first get your dose of suboxone down to an acceptable level. Then we can work on a slow taper process. It can be done without all the pain you describe if its done correctly. I say that and there are exceptions to the rule but I believe its worth trying before going the inpatient route. We will be able to tell very quickly if it will work for you. Let me know what you want to do. I am here to try and help if you will accept the terms. I'm sure with your past clean time that you understand taking suggestions and following through as instructed. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-08-2008 at 02:43 PM.

nancyss is offline New Member

Default suboxone side effects

Hello
    I am on suboxone now for three weeks and i have to say tht it is the best thing i ever did for myself just wanted to know if anyone taking suboxone is having the same side effects as me or is this somthing that i should be worried about i am having a lot of pain in my joints that never hurt before as well as i keep getting numbness in my arms and hands

Quote Originally Posted by nancyss View Post
    Hello
    I am on suboxone now for three weeks and i have to say tht it is the best thing i ever did for myself just wanted to know if anyone taking suboxone is having the same side effects as me or is this somthing that i should be worried about i am having a lot of pain in my joints that never hurt before as well as i keep getting numbness in my arms and hands

What dose of suboxone are you currently on? Explain how it's gone with doses since you began using the suboxone. What other medications are you taking or have you recently taken?

Default side effects help

Hello
    I am currently on 32 mgs of suboxone in a research study will be on stable dose for three months then taper will start.i am not taking any others meds thank god and i have to say not one withdrawal sign not even a craving if someone handed me a opiate now i would flush it no desire what so ever
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Hello
    I am currently on 32 mgs of suboxone in a research study will be on stable dose for three months then taper will start.i am not taking any others meds thank god and i have to say not one withdrawal sign not even a craving if someone handed me a opiate now i would flush it no desire what so ever

I am glad for you that you are off the pain meds. That is wonderful. I don't know if you have read any of my posts or not but you won't have ANY trouble finding them. I would only suggest that you look around this forum at the many threads related to suboxone use. I have very strong feelings about dosing suboxone and those feelings are based on results. You are taking probably four times as much suboxone as you need. I don't want to be negative but I know that got your attention. That is why I suggest you read before we discuss this further. I will be gone for a few hours but will be back this afternoon. God bless.

Default side effects help

Hello
    I am currently on 32 mgs of suboxone in a research study will be on stable dose for three months then taper will start.

Anonymous Guest

Hello
    I am currently on 32 mgs of suboxone in a research study will be on stable dose for three months then taper will start.
    Hi nancyss
    Wow that sure seems like a big dose !!!
    How long have you been taking that much...
    I would sure ask them to start a taper plan for you soon....
    Please keep us posted on your progress....
    Talk to you soon , Melinda

Default nancy

Hello

nancy ... I understand that the people who are conducting your clinical trial are not going to start you on a taper plan now as that will conflict with the way their trial is set up. I just really hate to see you at 32mg for three months before you ever even begin to taper. You will likely end up being on suboxone for over a year minimum the way they are doing their trial.

I would sure put some very serious thought into this before I allowed someone to do that to me. It doesn't matter if they are providing the medication and their services at no charge for participating if they are doing something that is not in your best interest. 32mg for three months is just too much suboxone and especially for that long. I hope that you rethink this. God bless.

sisterwin2 is offline Member

Hello

Dear, why would you crave an opiate when your on a very powerful opiate now?

I guess I just cant keep my mouth shut Rob..... I have prayed about it and I have spoken to my sponser about it..... I have to carry the message or what will happen to my recovery?

gda1403 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Have you ever stopped to consider that the reason you see people in rehab having trouble with suboxone is that the people who have done so well with it ARE AT HOME?????? The people having problems didn't take it like it's supposed to be done. Please don't attempt to make people think that this is a bad thing to do. They are getting clean. And suboxone works just fine.

I help people in recovery too. It annoys me when "drug counselors" come here and tell everyone how bad something is and they don't realize how much they are harming people. Someone might decide NOT to get clean from reading your post. How does that make you feel???

Thanks for the "heads up" but we will make it just fine thank you.

First Timer, hope I do this right. My son is 23 and was addicted to Oxycontin and took anything else he could get but Oxy was main thing. He started taking Suboxone and it was going great for him with a real dr. overseeing it. He had started to wean off, after like 5 months, and suddenly he was taking money from us again and doing anything he could get. I think he was getting off it too fast. Nobody wants to have to do something like that so long but like someone said before, "How long did they do the drugs?" My son did have an OD during his suboxone use, when he and a friend decided to take a bunch of soma, and my son became unconscious and unresponsive. His friend brought him back to our house, as it happened so fast, within ten minutes. I thought he was going to die in my arms on the floor. The hospital forced a few tubes of disgusting charcoal down him and he was angry! I was happy. He was alive. Hospital dr. told him that since he is on suboxone and had been for so long and had not been taking other things, that it did not take as much of the drug of choice as it used to, and that he could have killed himself.

Anyway, I liked Suboxone and felt much better about the chances of getting off it and everything else, there was hope, an end to the madness, but then he got kicked out of the program for failing two drug tests. He says it was only pot. Dr. said it was opiates second time.

So long story short, now he is on methadone. I hate it. I am scared of it. Going on 3 full months. It is just handed out each day (not free), and within two hours, he is combative, rude, aggitated and I can't stand to be around him.

He can't work that way, and hasn't in ages, except for a couple days at a time. Counselor in Methadone clinic asked him at initial visit, "Do you plan to get off of methadone?" I piped up and said , "Of course he does. Isnt' that why we are here?" He looked at me a little condescendingly and then looked at my son, and said, "Do you?"

It just feels to me that this is another drug that my son told me he even bought on the street when he could not get oxycontin.

They have increased his dose to like 80 right now and I am freaking out. He believes it is helping him but it is making him somebody else and he is taking an antidepressant and xanax given him by a doctor, which infuriates me and he takes all of his xanax too soon and then hounds the dr. for more...but he gets it from somewhere.

I am worried sick and I keep on driving him there like a good mom and pay each day.

He won't go to an in patient rehab. He says they don't have medical withdrawl, that you just withdraw and he could die. Is that true?

I prefer Suboxone because he was at least able to function, but thinking back, now that I know just a little more, perhaps he was coming off of suboxone just a little too fast and that is why he started taking other drugs, and some of the same of friends around helped a lot.

Reading what Robert says helps, and I will show my son, who is my heart, when he wakes up and starts looking for his lock box for this beautiful Sunday morning, and see if I can get him to go back to Suboxone.

Or is that even the right thing to do? I have no idea. Sorry this is soooo long. And Nicole, your post scared me as a mom, because I have been encouraging my son to go to a rehab. You know, every situation is different, and withdrawal from any drug like this is not supposed to be a picnic. What I need is fact, reality and hope. I am glad that I found this place, and am surprised that I know as much as I do about this subject now, and wish I didn't have to know it. Thank you all.

I am just about to walk out the door to head for church. I will be on later when I get back home. I am here if I can help you and your son. God bless.

cableguy is offline New Member

Default Suboxone for 4 days

Hello,
    I am an active addict primarily to vicodin. However I do not generally take it often enough to go through major physical w/d, just minor feverish feelings for a day or 2. Last week I took 4 10 mg vicodins over a 24 hour period. This was the first vicodin I had taken in a week or two.

Saturday my friend tells me our supplier is out of vicodin but he can give me this other drug, Suboxone, which will hold me over for a few days. I had never heard of it but said sure, sounds good. He gave me 4 8mg pills. Saturday I took a whole one, letting it dissolve under my tongue. I got a major buzz from it. I was nodding out big time like I had taken >>>>>>, which I haven't for many years. I also got a little nauseous, itchy all over and had difficulty urinating, also just like >>>>>>. The next day I decided that was too much & started taking a quarter of the pill, which should be about 2mg. Even that amount gives me quite the buzz and causes me to nod out & get a little nauseous, etc. However I also have gotten the most constipated I have ever been in my life as well as developing just over a 100 degree fever around 8pm the last 2 night2. My throat has also gotten quite sore as has my mouth & tongue. My glands are also swollen. I took my last dosage yesterday about 7pm & today about 12 noon. Normally my tolerance to vicodin is quite high for not taking it daily. Even after a few weeks I am able to take 3 or 4 of the 7.5/750 mg with no probs. Now my concern is twofold: 1. On web MD they mention rare side effects of fever & constipation being a sign of a more serious condition, but they don't say what that condition is! & 2. I am concerned about going thru some sort of weird withdrawal even after only taking 2-4mg a day for 4 or 5 days.

I realize its also possible that I simply just happened to get sick at the same time I started taking the Suboxone. Unfortunately being an addict I will continue taking it until I run out. I have 2 more quarters of a pill left so will run out either tomorrow or wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-30-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Cableguy ... if you are going to continue taking the subs you bought off the street anyway until they're gone what advice are you seeking? If a drug caused those side effects on me I'm afraid I would stop taking it and flush it. Why pay to feel like hell as you describe? Makes no sense to me ... sorry. You won't go through ANY w/d after a couple pills I guarantee. If you feel something after stopping them it's NOT the suboxone.

cableguy is offline New Member

Thank you for taking the time to respond but not looking for any advice rather looking to see if anyone knows what "severe medical condition" symptoms include fever and constipation after taking suboxone. Incidentally, that is what I ended up doing, after reading my own post, was to throw out what I had left.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Cableguy ... if you are going to continue taking the subs you bought off the street anyway until they're gone what advice are you seeking? If a drug caused those side effects on me I'm afraid I would stop taking it and flush it. Why pay to feel like hell as you describe? Makes no sense to me ... sorry. You won't go through ANY w/d after a couple pills I guarantee. If you feel something after stopping them it's NOT the suboxone.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-31-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Glad to hear it. Makes me feel better, was worried about you. God bless.

sbnyc is offline New Member

Hey what's up everyone. I've been reading ur posts for awhile ans this site has been very helpful to me in the past. I am currently on suboxone for a little over a month 20 milligrams a day. I was taking 120 to 150 millis of oxy or perks for about 2 yrs before. I have been doing great on the sub...no desire for pills...good mood and productive. The side effects of sub have been minimal. But tecently I have been getting the numbness I read about and a lil anxiety dizziness...nuthing I can't handle...but I am wondering if it is time to take my dose down....I feel like I def still need the sub and I take it only when I feel I need it but I usually end up around the 20 mill mark anyway. Any advice u can offer is appreciated...this med has helped me get my life back and I love that...I just wonder about the long term effects.....shoukd I worry?

Quote Originally Posted by sbnyc View Post
    Hey what's up everyone. I've been reading ur posts for awhile ans this site has been very helpful to me in the past. I am currently on suboxone for a little over a month 20 milligrams a day. I was taking 120 to 150 millis of oxy or perks for about 2 yrs before. I have been doing great on the sub...no desire for pills...good mood and productive. The side effects of sub have been minimal. But tecently I have been getting the numbness I read about and a lil anxiety dizziness...nuthing I can't handle...but I am wondering if it is time to take my dose down....I feel like I def still need the sub and I take it only when I feel I need it but I usually end up around the 20 mill mark anyway. Any advice u can offer is appreciated...this med has helped me get my life back and I love that...I just wonder about the long term effects.....shoukd I worry?

I almost always suggest a much lower dose than what you are on and definitely at the point you are at now. Read the post at the following link. It's about suboxone ... induction, using it for detox, and the taper.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Once you finish with reading the aforementioned post feel free to ask any questions you may have. Good luck and God bless.

robscherkenbach is offline New Member

Default rob scherkenbach

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    My husband is currently taking Suboxone after 20 years of >>>>>> and other drug dependence. He has been clean since before Thanksgiving because of it, and I think it is wonderful. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some sexual side effects - mostly being unable to climax fully, and some difficulty with arousal. He is now saying he wants to stop taking the medicine, and I am very worried about that! Has anyone else experienced these problems that can give me some advice, or let me know if these side effects will go away at some point? Thank you!
    I have been addicted to opiates for over thirty years. I foun d out about suboxone around thanksgiving 2008 while searching for a methadone program. Suboxone has turned my life completely around 180 degrees. It is a miricle drug in my opinion. ther are some side effects that are unpleasant like the ones you discribed, but, they have almost completely diminished over time for me. please be patient and don't give up. I know his life has to be better than it was before. No more illegal activities, moremoney in his pocket, a more honest and loving relationship with you, etc., etc., etc., and I could go on and on. If you have any more questions at all, please feel free to e-mail me at robscherkenbach@yahoo.com.

deleted6 is offline New Member

Default precipitated w/d

Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me what exactly a precipitated withdrawal is. I have been taking subutex/suboxone for 9 days now. I felt perfectly normal (no withdrawals) until the last two days, which I have been intensely vomiting every couple of hours.

I have a feeling that it might be because I didn't wait long enough before I began taking the subutex/suboxone. My question is, if you don't wait long enough (until w/d symptoms are evident) before beginning subutex, when will you begin to have the so called "precipitated withdrawals?"

The reason I am asking is because I was fine for a whole week with no withdrawal symptoms. But the last two days have been pretty bad for me. I'm trying to figure out if it is indeed because I didn't wait long enough or if there might be some other reason why i am so nauseous.

Thanks for anyone that can shine some light on this for me. I would really appreciate it.

The precipitated w/d would have started at the beginning of your sub therapy. You're reacting to the naloxone in the suboxone and should switch back to subutex. God bless.

ob1old is offline New Member

Question loss of sexuall drive

like your husband i also have the same problem,but if you look at the three >>>>>> methadone subutex,sex is in my case is something that just dosent enter my mind, or my sexual area,but as we all know that when we get sick from withdrawl you cant get enough or thats what your penis tells you,its also the same for women they are as willing to have sex at least once a day as us men,but none of us like being sick so bang goes the sex,after many atempts to quit H which i did 20 years ago after a few weeks i, through no therapy or drugs just went back to a normal sex life aand this happend also when i had a methadone habit 5years ago then a subutext habit which i kicked2 years ago and lots of toing and trowing in the last 30 years of on off on, all the same no sex during but back to normal after kicking one or the other,i think if you try and relax and get to know each other intamatly gradual without tring to hard you might have some luck try and talk about what your life was like before and find out if he still loves you all the drug abuse just puts you on the back burner the drugs are the sex and love we end up as freinds if that, during which habit we have at the time,im not saying that you dont suffer loss of sex drive as part of the side effects but i think we help it along when were stoned hands up we can take it or leave it.good luck

deleted820 is offline Advanced Member

My daughter has been getting migraine headaches, she has been on Suboxone for 2 weeks today. Has anyone else gotten headaches or hives from Suboxone? Have tried to get in touch with the doctor and her councelor but they are not the quickest to return a call.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen5hockey View Post
    My daughter has been getting migraine headaches, she has been on Suboxone for 2 weeks today. Has anyone else gotten headaches or hives from Suboxone? Have tried to get in touch with the doctor and her councelor but they are not the quickest to return a call.
    Headaches are a definite side effect of suboxone.rarely are they migaines.Usually they are just bad headaches that asprin can help with.Not heard of rashes though.I think I responded to this in another post.You should discuss this with your Dr.She may be having a reaction to the naloxone in suboxone..Your Dr can switch her to subutex which does not contain naloxone if this is the case..MM

mindy99 is offline Junior Member

Default Omg

I was at my drs office today and number one the nurse said that suboxone would not cause any withdrawals. I said, "ok".

Then someone else took my blood pressure and asked how i was feelingl. I said not good at all, and i have horrible headaches, he said, "well, you dont get headaches with suboxone". I said, ok.

lol gotta love it.

Most people do very well with suboxone. But for those who react to the naloxone it shouldn't be such a big deal to switch medications as they make it out to be.

I understand the drs being apprehensive about the probability of a patient abusing the medication when they are addicts to start with. But I don't want medication if I don't need it that can cause unpleasant side effects. Subutex and suboxone should be prescribed by who the patient is and what their history is. Too many drs try and treat every single person the same. God bless.

auntym is offline New Member

Default suboxone

I am amazed that I have been off narcotics for three weeks after 10 years of increased use due to chronic pain. I had been on 150 mg. of Fentanyl for three years, and Suboxone got me off with only one bad day (It would not have been quite so bad if I had been wearing the ativan patch the doctor gave me, but I was only wearing the cover patch, not realizing there were two different items in the box, duhhh). I thought it would be so much worse to get off of drugs, because I've had the heebie jeebies several times in the past due to forgetting to change the patches! But I can hardly get out of bed due to NO ENERGY. Not pain. Not tiredness, but something else...Help? thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    I am amazed that I have been off narcotics for three weeks after 10 years of increased use due to chronic pain. I had been on 150 mg. of Fentanyl for three years, and Suboxone got me off with only one bad day (It would not have been quite so bad if I had been wearing the ativan patch the doctor gave me, but I was only wearing the cover patch, not realizing there were two different items in the box, duhhh). I thought it would be so much worse to get off of drugs, because I've had the heebie jeebies several times in the past due to forgetting to change the patches! But I can hardly get out of bed due to NO ENERGY. Not pain. Not tiredness, but something else...Help? thanks...

How much suboxone are you taking each day? How many times each day do you take it and how much each time? And for how long have you been on the subs? This info will help us make a more informed suggestion for you.

Please share your history on the subs and how your doses have been changed. Then I can possibly give you some more specific suggestions. It's not uncommon for a person to have a little energy problem using subs but you should NOT be having problems getting out of bed. God bless.

ab72 is offline New Member

Thumbs up Thank God

I am so glad I found this page. I have been having all these side effects that have been discussed on here(not knowing they were side effects). I thought I was going crazy and was so depressed. I have battled depression on and off my whole life but nothing like this. Now the Dr. said my thyroid is very low and that can cause depression too. So the combanation is a nightmare. I have been on Suboxone for 2mths and 2 days. It has changed my life and helped me stay away from opiates and I'm very thankful for that. I am taking 24mg a day. I am allowed to take 32mg a day but haven't needed to. I am going to talk to my Dr. today about downing my dose. I think that will help with the side effects. I thought all these side effects were just me off the opiates. I'm glad to hear it can and will get better. Thanks for being here!

Quote Originally Posted by ab72 View Post
    I am so glad I found this page. I have been having all these side effects that have been discussed on here(not knowing they were side effects). I thought I was going crazy and was so depressed. I have battled depression on and off my whole life but nothing like this. Now the Dr. said my thyroid is very low and that can cause depression too. So the combanation is a nightmare. I have been on Suboxone for 2mths and 2 days. It has changed my life and helped me stay away from opiates and I'm very thankful for that. I am taking 24mg a day. I am allowed to take 32mg a day but haven't needed to. I am going to talk to my Dr. today about downing my dose. I think that will help with the side effects. I thought all these side effects were just me off the opiates. I'm glad to hear it can and will get better. Thanks for being here!

24mg is entirely too much suboxone. I promise you that people end up here daily because their drs were giving them too much suboxone just like you. Check out the following sub therapy link. I hope you read it and think about what I've said and what is on the link. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

tessamarie is offline New Member

My doctor just mentioned to me the other day that he is considering switching my meds to suboxone. I am terrified and have been reading these posts for about the last 2 hours. I am currently taking almost 20 30mg oxycodone per day, this is equal to about 120 (a hundred and twenty) regular 5mg pills per day. I am ready to stop taking the meds now, but reading up on what everyone else was on my dosage seems to be ten times more. I am terrified that this isnt going to work for me. I am only 30 years old, my marriage is falling apart because of the pills. But I also dont feel like I cant function while taking them. I dont know I am so confused. I have chronic pain from recent knee surgeries and fibromailagia. If anyone has any insight I would be grateful.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast