Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    NeedHelp10 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone abuse

I recently found out that my boyfriend is taking Suboxone. He told me when we first got together that my was addicted to oxys, so I first thought it was good that he was taking Suboxone. It turns out that he is taking, I would estimate, ~8 mg a day, but he is prescribed to take 1 mg every other day. I confronted him about it, but he says that he is taking it right and he doesn't have a problem. He's already mad at me for finding out and I can't take the irritable moods anymore. All I want to do is help him to get off of it but it seems like he doesn't want help. I feel helpless. Does anyone have any advice?

Tek23 is offline New Member

Default New Forum User Needs Help

Hi,
    I am a 21 year old male from PA and have been an extreme >>>>>> abuser for over 3 years. I did extreme amounts of >>>>>> for a long time (honestly close to 50 bags a day depending on the strength) due to dealing and having a constant supply. I have been prescribed suboxone for over a year now. I was going on and off >>>>>> for a little over 9 months but have been clean (with the expception of the suboxone) since decemeber. I am prescribed 20mgs daily (2 1/2 8mg tablets) and would like some advice on when to start weining down and how to go about doing it. I feel it is important to notify who ever responds to this that i have been dealing with extreme depression (near suicidial) since getting clean but think i am slowly starting to get better. The depression was really ridiculous i might add... sometimes i would be perfectly fine then bang rock bottom.. sometimes i would get ridiculously stressed over things as stupid as my GF not texting me for a whole 30 mins.... ridiculous is is not? Anyway i am going strong and would like some suggestions... i can't afford to relapse... i want to have a life stay clean and make something of my life.. not to mention I am on probation.. been to drug court.. so those were my two strikes.. my two freebies if you will so the third strike and i will be doin some time... have also managed to stay felonie free... i dont wanna ramble on with my life story so i will stop but it seems this site has some good wholesome knowledgeable people so i am eager to hear some suggestions... thankx

-tek

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

To NeedHelp, If you b/f is taking so much more than what's perscribed and refuses to even discuss it with you, then he obviously doesn't want to change. You can't make him want to. You can't change him. It has to come from him and you have to realize that right away. Maybe he gets high on the sub. Some (not all) people do. But if he is so far apart from what the doctor believes, then he is doing something wrong. It's up to him what to decide he wants to wean off the sub.

Tek, first off, you are on a ridiculously high dosage of sub for a long time. You should be able to get by on 1 8 mg. pill a day and less. That is even too high to start off with. Doctor's arent very knowlegeable about this drug but with sub less truly is more. It has aceiling effect and people actually feel worse when they take too much. Perhaps your extreme depression has something to do with your high dose. From what I read, up to 2 months ago, you were mixing >>>>>> and sub so you're actually clean since December. If you want off you need to start weaning now. I believe you can go from that dose down to 4 mg. 2x a day really quickly. You will barely notice a difference. At that point, you need to slow taper. There are others on this forum better equipped to explain that part of it to you but don't do H and come down off that dose. That's the first thing you need to do.

Default Wein Help

Thanks for your suggestion but I do seek more advice to properly wein down.. my doc seems to think that im not ready to wein down yet but i am paying out for both these doctor visits and the meds themselves. To whomever else who is kind enough to offer me some advice, like i said in my last post the depression is my main issue.. does anyone else think that my depression is linked to a oversized dosage of suboxone? And just to verify, yes i was using subs and >>>>>> but only used to subs on the rare occasion i was out of >>>>>> to refrain from being horribly ill.. but have been clean since december.. anyway thanks for everyone's concern... ya'll are good people.. i look forward to more advice

thanks again
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-18-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Default Anyone Out There

Hi its me again,
    Haven't heard anyone elses response.. n i don't really know much about this forum thing so i didnt post my own topic for discussion. But Again I am wondering if anyone else knows or has an opinion on how to deal with my depression. As I said before I do believe I am slowly getting better... today and yesterday haven't been so bad. I also was on the Generic brand Subutex for a while due to cheaper costs since I pay out the *** for my perscriptions... I am prescribed 35 Suboxone 8mgs which cost roughly 5.50 a pill at the doctor which is the cheapest I have found them as opposed to 4$ a pill for the generic subutex... But i honestly believe that it has an adverse affect on my depression... I dunno so i would really like some help with this issue... As i said before i am presribed 20mg per day of which i am supposed to administer 2 pills every morning followed by a half a tablet before bed. But most days i just take two in the morning and that is all, unless I am having a particullary bad day in which i will take an addition 8mg tablet in the evening or when the depression hits. I am really interested to know if my so called "large" dose of suboxone is what is causing my depression. And should i start weining down now? The doctors say no but they could just be in it for the money. I have been clean approximately 3 months, an am scarid of a relapse if i were to just go cold turkey... if someone could e-mail me a taper plan or just give me some advice it would be much appreciated! homeroofinnovations@hotmail.com
    -Thankx all

Crashed is offline New Member

^i agree

i guess we're all realizing that the doctors are overperscribing us and we all need a most efficient way of gettin off it before we build a dependency and are fatigued for a whole year( which i just found out my doctor wants me to)

We should make a thread for just taper plans for those of us who followed our doctors advice before finding this out, based on ones current dosage since we missed out on Robert Suboxone Therapy thread and in return didnt start with 2mg and work our way up, etc...

thanks in advance

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    ^i agree

i guess we're all realizing that the doctors are overperscribing us and we all need a most efficient way of gettin off it before we build a dependency and are fatigued for a whole year( which i just found out my doctor wants me to)

We should make a thread for just taper plans for those of us who followed our doctors advice before finding this out, based on ones current dosage since we missed out on Robert Suboxone Therapy thread and in return didnt start with 2mg and work our way up, etc...

thanks in advance

So you missed the proper induction, but you can still taper 25% every four days or so. You're making yourself sick taking so much medication. I WOULD BET from experience that is the deal so start cutting the dose like I suggested. If you follow the dr's advice and stay on such a ridiculous dose and for a year no less I can't help.

Dugger711 is offline New Member

I just yesterday took my last dose of suboxone. I started out with 3 8mg tablets per day back in October 2009. I too use to take more than prescribed I really can't say why except it would maybe I felt it gave me energy. For me when I finally started to kick the mental addiction from opiates the suboxone really was just a formality, meaning after that time I started to slowly dose down with no problems. I started 3 months ago going to 1 1/2 to 1 to 1/2 and finally 1/4 all for 3 week intervals. I've had no withdrawal's or side effects, maybe a little anxiety which I combat with exercise, but other than that I feel real good and ready to move on with my sobriety. For me Narcotics/Alchoholics Anonymous has helped and a great Phyciatrist/therapist while on the program. I know this is my own experience, but hopefully it helps and for those with tight finances you could look into local/state and federal programs that help in prescription costs you can google "suboxone prescription assistance" or ask you physician. There are programs out there that can help.

Crashed is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    So you missed the proper induction, but you can still taper 25% every four days or so. You're making yourself sick taking so much medication. I WOULD BET from experience that is the deal so start cutting the dose like I suggested. If you follow the dr's advice and stay on such a ridiculous dose and for a year no less I can't help.
    thank u.
    And i agree with u apart from my digestive tract rejecting more than half of things i used to eat with no problems but im blaming this on the withdrawal as im on day 6 now.

canada dry has been helpin me out, but the cramps are still the last thing im lookin for when im overheated and not slept for 3 nights tryin to catch some rest.

Anyway robert, i fully agree and am happiest without the eye twitches BEFORE i take the suboxone and instead livin on the last doses half life.

sure it makes me want to avoid taking my next dose since i feel great without it, im taking 8mg a day now and giving my body all the time it needs to adjust.

im gonna go back and reread the suboxone therapy thread and get myself on track.

thanks again robert.

chesire is offline New Member

![/QUOTE]
    Hi all I am from Ontario and just started suboxone. I am very impressed by the knowledge of the ppl on here. My boyfriend weaned off suboxone in 8 days at a detox clinic and he is doing well. Please don't tell me the longer i am on it the harder it is to get off of. I was woondering if sweating....alot is a side effect of it. I used to be drenched all the time doing oxys and its alittle annoying.

chesire is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    To NeedHelp, If you b/f is taking so much more than what's perscribed and refuses to even discuss it with you, then he obviously doesn't want to change. You can't make him want to. You can't change him. It has to come from him and you have to realize that right away. Maybe he gets high on the sub. Some (not all) people do. But if he is so far apart from what the doctor believes, then he is doing something wrong. It's up to him what to decide he wants to wean off the sub.

Tek, first off, you are on a ridiculously high dosage of sub for a long time. You should be able to get by on 1 8 mg. pill a day and less. That is even too high to start off with. Doctor's arent very knowlegeable about this drug but with sub less truly is more. It has aceiling effect and people actually feel worse when they take too much. Perhaps your extreme depression has something to do with your high dose. From what I read, up to 2 months ago, you were mixing >>>>>> and sub so you're actually clean since December. If you want off you need to start weaning now. I believe you can go from that dose down to 4 mg. 2x a day really quickly. You will barely notice a difference. At that point, you need to slow taper. There are others on this forum better equipped to explain that part of it to you but don't do H and come down off that dose. That's the first thing you need to do.
    Is 20 mg a high dose. I have been on 20 mg for almost 2 months and keep bugging my doc to lower it. She is going to go down 2 mg at the end of this month and then 1 mg every week after. Does this sound right

worried hubby is offline New Member

Default Worried about my wife

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but thought I might get some advice. I read alot of the posts and think that this is an awesome thing here. Lotsa of different people's experiences and lotsa, what seems to be, pretty sound advice.

Here's my situation: My wife was addicted to Vicodin for about 3 or 4 years. Once she realized it was out of control(the dr. just kept perscribing more and more til she was taking 280 10mg Norcos/month), she went for help. She went with the Suboxone treatment. The first night before she started was HELL. She had to be completely clean of all opiates for the Suboxone to work properly. But she made it through, and in the morning, she got to the dr. and took her first dose of Suboxone, and within 15 minutes, felt way better, The withdrawals were gone...the cravings were gone. Definitely seemed like a miracle drug. This was back in late May/early June. She started off on 8 mg. once daily. It was too much for her, leaving her nearly incapacitated, nodding out and lethargic. She immediately went down to 6 mg. for about a month or so. She tapered from then on down to 2 mg. with a goal of being completely off them by Christmas. When she tried to go completely off, she was totally fine for the first 3 days. Day 4, not so much. She had some pills left over, called the dr. and he said to go ahead and start taking them again because she was having a major panic attack. Within in 10 minutes, she was soundy sleeping. So she stayed on 1 mg. for awhile, then weened to .5 mg.(1/4 of a 2 mg. pill).

Then she changed doctors because we had been driving an hour one way to see her current dr., and a local dr. became available to perscribe Suboxone. At this point, I stopped going to the appts with her(I had been going with her to all appts for support for the first 7-8 months), at her request. Then after a couple of appts with her new dr., he had for some reason increased her dose back up to 8 mg. a day, to be taken 2mg. at a time throughout the day. When I asked my wife about this after noticing she was obviously on a higher dose, she said he had perscribed the Suboxone for her back pain. And that he had actually perscribed 16 mg. a day abut that she got too "loaded" off that much, so she was only taking 8. Since she has been taking 8 mg. a day, she has been sleeping alot more, tired alot more, and when she sleeps she jerks in her sleep quite regularly, which usually jerks her awake, keeping her from getting good, full sleep.

My question, I guess, is this: Is this normal for a Suboxone Dr. to perscribe it for pain, to a patient who was initially on it to get off opiates? It seems counter-productive to me? I don't know of anyone else who has been perscribed Suboxone for pain. And to top it all off, since she has been on the larger dose for "pain", she still complains of back pain, So to me, that seems like the Suboxone isn't working for the pain. I took her to the chiropractor the other day and she said it did wonders. Then she said she can't wait to be able to be pain free and not have to take pills. I would much rather take her to the chiropractor ever 5-6 wks., than to have my baby hooked on pills.

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I know this post is qite long-winded for a first-time post, but I wanted to get all the facts out there. I love my wife more than anything and I want the old "her" back. Perscription drugs are the devil's work. And most doctors these days don't care about anything except perscribing as much "medicine" as they can to ensure they keep getting kick-backs from the pharmaceutical companies. But that's probably a whole other thread.

Thanks for listening,

Hope to hear from someone soon.

prozak567 is offline Junior Member

In the US sub is not RX'd for pain. Either her doc is not doing is job correctly or shes being dishonest I have heard of people saying it helps with pain to a certain extent, but it is not prescribed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by prozak567 View Post
    In the US sub is not RX'd for pain. Either her doc is not doing is job correctly or shes being dishonest I have heard of people saying it helps with pain to a certain extent, but it is not prescribed for it.

I personally know top notch drs who DO prescribe subutex, not suboxone but subutex, (pure buprenorphine) in very low doses for chronic pain in the United States. One is chief of staff of a large quality hospital. I'm talking about 2mg doses or thereabouts daily. That is a fact! I'm talking about ONLY for conditions that are chronic and will be for life as in some autoimmune problems. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-19-2010 at 04:54 PM.

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Sub, especially on such a high dose, is not very effective for pain. In other countries they use sub for pain but the pills are made at doses of under 1 mg which we don't have here in the US. I believe doctors do perscribe low dose sub for pain here occasionally, but it would not be the number one choice as there are much better pain relievers. I would suggest she try non narcotic pain relievers or others means before settling on an opiate that might not be necessary for her pain.

dannypoo is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    My husband is currently taking Suboxone after 20 years of >>>>>> and other drug dependence. He has been clean since before Thanksgiving because of it, and I think it is wonderful. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some sexual side effects - mostly being unable to climax fully, and some difficulty with arousal. He is now saying he wants to stop taking the medicine, and I am very worried about that! Has anyone else experienced these problems that can give me some advice, or let me know if these side effects will go away at some point? Thank you!
    Hi i hope my comment may help, i had a problem with percocets and i am currently on suboxone, when i was taking percocet i would also take them with my fiance at that time and we started to experience a lot of sexual problems, now i know its the not the same thing but suboxone is a partial opiate so it is similar, but anyway my finace after a while of using started having a lot of problems, some of these problems were that he would get an erection but he couldnt actually finish and ejaculate, then after a while he had trouble keeping his erection and even getting one, so some of this is similiar. Now that we are both clean he is back too normal, the percocet was doing this to me, and your husband is having trouble now because of the suboxone. From my experience there was nothing to do, we couldnt do anything until he stopped taking them there was no way around and it only continued to get worse before we stopped , he wouild get so upset about this he even tried taking viagra and that didnt even help, but like i said once he stopped everything went back to normal i mean it took some time but it did go back. And i understand why your husband is getting upset and i am sure it bothers you also but it is not worth him throwing the suboxone away. I had an addiction for 2 years and it was the hardest thing i ever experienced in my life so i can only imagine how he feels after 20 years of >>>>>> use, seriously god bless him for doing it and god bless you for being by his side because i know it was not easy. But basically unfortuently there is nothing either one of you can do while he is still taking suboxone but i really dont think its worth him coming off the suboxone because he could relapse especially if he has not been clean for that long. I am sorry this answer is probably not what you wanted to hear but from my experience this is what happened. And i hope everything works out for you.

wannabeclean is offline New Member

Unhappy eyes watering/constipation/sweating...HELP!

Hi everyone - first time "poster" here...
    I have been reading through what everyone has been writing and think i am finding some answers to my questions but thought i would ask for myself to get maybe some direct answers? Ok - here is my story - i was addicted to Oxys - well..i referred to them as Roxy's aka blues for about 6 months...i took them for "pleasure" reasons only...someone gave me one at work when i fell pretty hard on the floor, (i am a Vet Tech) and was in excruciating pain...they told me to ONLY take a half...and i was immediately addicted... I was taking (3) - 30 mgs. every day...and taking the strongest vicoden at the same time by the handfuls..usually about 5 or 6..but didn't taking those everyday...(i would go to the hospital and complain about back pain which honestly ibuprofen would relieve and they would give me a script for about 30) - However, I ALWAYS took the "blues"....i hid this from everyone i knew..i blamed my "energy" on Red Bulls...which i did drink as well...seemed to make the "hype" even better...i started taking them bc i felt like super mom! i could work - clean the house - take care of the kids and be in a great mood all the time..also had great sex (possible tmi) with my husband of 11 yrs....and he started getting a bit suspicious bc i was losing weight...i am a very small girl...110 lbs...5'7" - i went down to 98 lbs....my god..when i look at pictures i cringe...anyways - i was making pretty good money at the time so i could sneak about $100 every week from my check without it being noticed for my habit. I also did something VERY VERY stupid..hit rock bottom i guess when i snuck into my father in law's house when i thought they were at church...went into his room..knowing he had oxy 40's...or 80's?? (they were large and grey..can't remember the dose) - and is prescribed them for REAL pain...has a lot of them and never thought in a million yrs. he would need to hide them bc none of his sons ever had an addiction problem...low and behold his daughter in law did....it worked for a bit because i would trade those for the smaller dose roxy's...but then....one Sunday..i did my usual drive over there, (told my husband i had to let the dogs out at work) - put my key in their door...walked into his room - had my hand in the bottle scooping my usual two out..and my brother in law walked in. he just starred at me and said.."what the hell is going on??" i was in shock..could barely talk..and knowing him like i do..there was NO WAY he would ever keep his mouth shut...which in a way...was a very good thing for me...even though he is 26 - in med school - living at home..he cannot ever keep anything from his mother. I broke down..lied and said my husband, his brother...needed them for knee pain. he said that was crazy...he should have asked..and that my husband had until the end of the day to tell his parents or he would. i put them back in the bottle and left sobbing. I came home...told my husband RIGHT AWAY what i did...what i had been doing for the past 6 months, etc. Being that he is a nurse..he is very compassionate. He was in shock...angry for a bit..i begged him to tell his dad that they were for him, not me because i knew they would be more forgiving if it was their own son...not their daughter in law...the mother of their twin 3 yr. old twins...He said very firmly that i was to call his dad..and so i did. i sobbed my eyes out...begged him not to tell anyone - he forgave me INSTANTLY...i was in shock. My family is the LEAST forgiving family ever. To this day, they have no idea what i went through. They blamed my weight loss on the loss of my son and depression..(i gave birth to triplets and lost one of my sons when he was 2 weeks old) - i had all my bases covered so to speak...i always had an excuse for my weight loss and hyperactivity. Geez...ok...so there is my story....my husband called around to doctors in the area on Monday...he was told that i had to be in withdrawal for 24-48 hrs. to be able to get in...also it was $250. At that particular day we were a bit broke bc be just paid for major car repairs..Anyways - we found someone that would take our flex spending card which was a God send and saw him on Wednesday morning..early. He took off work and so did i -(said we had the flu) - kids were in pre-school so i suffered at home with just him taking care of me..at night - he did everything for the kids for those two days..i was so thankful but in the WORST withdrawal ever. You name it - i had the symptom....went to the Dr. wearing a sweatshirt..hair in a hat because i couldnt even shower...looked like hell and probably stunk like cigarettes. I can only imagine...but smoking cigs was the only thing that made me feel better. Also, i have had a script for clonezpam and took that when i could...didnt do much but made me sleepy. Anyways - this doctor was really "short" with me...out for the money for sure...but i didn't care. i just wanted suboxone. he did his little test on me..checked my pupils..held my hands in front of me..filled out the survey, etc...he started me on 8 mgs. in the AM and 4 mgs. in the pm around 5 pm. also wrote a RX for clonadine which i never took. I started the suboxone that afternoon...took forever to get the script filled...he handed me the first 8 mg. pill...took forever to dissolve under my tongue and took about 30-45 mins. to take effect. I started to cry because i was TOTALLY back to normal. Totally. I wanted to tell the world...but of course..nobody but his fmaily and himself knew about my habit. Honeslty - it gave me the sweats right away and made me kinda hyper. i immediately did research online and realized i was taking too much and started taking, (3 days later) 4 mgs. in the am and 4 mgs. in the pm. I have been on this "regime" ever since. HOWEVER - i have SEVERE constipation issues...WORSE than when i was taking roxy's....i sweat when i take it for about 2 hours...i am very alert but have trouble seeing up close. I am already near sighted but wonder if i am far sighted now as well. I have to squint when looking at the PC when typing...(as i am doing now) - also - i have a CONSTANT runny nose. constant,..it never goes away. My questions are - should i taper down?? Am i taking too much?? Been taking this dose since January. Or am i not ready? I started becoming very depressed about a month ago..started Cymbalta and i love it...depression is much better. I would love any feedback - and i have asked this question before on Yahoo and just got bashed for taking suboxone. It has saved my life...i was a mere 98 pounds...and now am back to 110...i feel good but have to take an enema every 3 days...sienna..senokat (sp)...mineral oil..whatever...doesn't work. My husband HAS to give me an emema because i start to feel nauseated and it relieves me immediately. please - any feedback appreciated??? should i taper down more? Will i feel withdrawal effects? Please help...please...My doctor said "contipation is NOT a side effect???" and honestly just performs a drug test on me...asks me how i am...(i just say fine because i can tell he really doesnt care to talk...(i have a therapist for that anyways) - and writes me a script...telling me.."some people are on this the rest of their lives.." making me feel oh so positive when i leave. I will prove him wrong. Sorry for writing a book - but you all seem like a tight group that can really help. Thank you for any advice.

Unhappy please respon...Robert..r u there?

Hi..I wrote this last night and see that it takes some time 2 get a response, but can someone please help me? I am posting this from my phone being as my PC went down this am...so maybe there is a reply and I don't se it? I went to the last page of this discussion and didn't see anything else but my question. Help?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeclean View Post
    Hi..I wrote this last night and see that it takes some time 2 get a response, but can someone please help me? I am posting this from my phone being as my PC went down this am...so maybe there is a reply and I don't se it? I went to the last page of this discussion and didn't see anything else but my question. Help?
    HI Wannabeclean
    I just read your story and will make sure Robert reads it..
    Hang in there !!!
    Talk soon, Melinda

I saw your post last night but was ill and went to bed. In short your dose is too high. You should start immediately reducing the dose by 25% every four days as has proven to work time and again over the years here.

Here is a link to follow which explains the process of how I guide people using subs and tapering off. I will be in and out today as we are having a pool get installed and I'm very busy today. But will check back on you later in the day. Of course I will help you with this if you want me to and will just follow the suggestions I give you. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

offnow is offline New Member

Hi wannabeclean- I am new to this board myself but I have been reading posts for months and Robert and everyone else have really helped me without even knowing it!! I am currently on Day 11 off suboxone. I still feel some withdrawal...mostly low energy but I am getting better every day. Let me first start off by telling you that you are not alone. I started taking vicodin about 12 years ago after a back injury and I could never get off. I found doctors that gave me 300 pills a month of 10/350 vics and I stole pills and lied to get more when I ran out early. I thought I had severe back pain because the pain felt real but I now realize it was just my body creating pain so that I would go get more pills. I got pregnant in 2009 and managed to taper down to 2-3 vicodins a day. I took the pills the entire 9 months of pregnancy. (damn how I feel guilty about that) but my baby was born extremely healthy with absolutely no signs of drug dependancy. My doctors knew I was on the stuff so they tested her extensively and kept us in the hospital for 6 days to make sure she had no effects. 7 months later, I saw a new doctor and she insisted that I get off of medication. She asked me in front of my baby if I wanted my daughter being raised by a mother that pops pills all day long! She really hit a nerve and I was ready to get off the stuff. She referred me to a clinic specializing in suboxone. My doctor followed the "Robert plan" exactly. I went in to the clinic in full withdrawal and the doctor started me at 2mg every hour until I felt normal. I felt normal at 6mg twice a day. I stayed at that dose for 4 days but I was nodding and sleepy. He reduced me by 2mg every 3 days until I was down to only one 2mg tablet once a day. I felt completely normal with no withdrawals except I had horrible constipation!!! The doctor suggested that I stop my last 2mg tablet on a Thursday. I was completely okay with that because I felt fine. I had no idea suboxone has a 36 hour half life. By Friday evening, I was hurting bad. Saturday was worse and I could not do anything. By Sunday, I cried and rolled into a fetal ball on the floor shaking. I picked up the phone and called the doctor. My best friend drove me to his clinic and he placed 1/2 of a 2mg tablet under my tongue and I was normal within 15 minutes. We discussed my treatment and he told me to stay on the 1mg (1/2 tablet) for 2 weeks. I stretched it to 3 weeks because I was afraid. I then cut the 1/2 tablet into 1/3 and took .50mg. I felt fine with no side effects. My bowels returned to normal. (after 12 years of constipation...YAH!!) I stayed at .50 mgs for over 1 1/2 months because I was too afraid to stop. My doctor insisted that I stop but I kept begging him. He finally told me that he wanted me to stop on June 1. We agreed and I stopped. He gave me clonidine which worked wonders!! Also gave me zofran for nausea. On day 4, I called him and asked for a few Klonopin pills to help with anxiety and sleep. He gave me 10 ambien and 10 Klonopin. I hurt for the first few days, mostly muscle pain and a little stomach cramping. I was restless with anxiety and had no energy but my husband took over and did everything for both me and the baby. I worked a few days and requested a couple vacation days to just help relax me. I took the clonidine for the chills/sweats and it did help. I also took advil for the muscle pain. My doctor does not like having anyone on suboxone for longer than 4 months maximum!! He said that the longer you are on, the harder it is to get off. I am at day 11 and the withdrawal was bad for the first 7-9days but nothing like before when I dropped off at 2mgs. Slow tapering really helped me!! I read these posts and I reported back to my doctor and he was willing to listen. You should really try to slow taper every 4 days. You will be amazed how little you wil need to actually feel okay. When you take the plunge and completely stop...ask your doctor and family for some support. Sleep deprivation is the worst so get something to help you sleep. I felt better after I slept. I think I am turning the corner. My bowels are very loose now (sorry TMI) but much better than constipation. I have low energy but I am getting out and walking and swimming to try and build up my own endorphines. I have no more physical withdrawl symtoms. If you need support, I will help you because this web site helped me so much and the people dont even know it!!! I feel so great that I am off suboxone because I am no longer "chained" to a doctor or pharmacy to feel normal!! I hope you can begin to taper. It really does work! much love-
    Kim

Kim ..... it makes me feel good to hear that drs are using my sub taper plan. I've actually worked with a few good drs making suggestions to help them. I get a lot of satisfaction when I hear stories like this one. Congratulations! You never have to use again. And you can use imodium AD for the diarrhea. It works great using it as needed. God bless!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-13-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Default Thanks everyone...

My PC shut down on me for a couple of weeks..ended up getting a new one..talk about withdrawal..haha...

Anyways - i cut down...and am doing better. However, i have noticed, (as well as my husband of course) that i have NO libido what so ever. I am willing to try anything at this point to get it back. I feel terrible being this way but its the last thing i think about. Currently I am a stay at home mom so i am worn out at the end of the day with my four yr. old twins so maybe that is a contributer as well? I dunno..also...major sweating issue. I have been on clonezpam for years...so i know it is not related to anxiety...so i think...ok..is it suboxone? or am i pre-menopausal? (I am 35) - I just don't know....my Dr. is so brief with me..basically just a script writer so its up to me...(and all of you) that i rely on for answers. I had no problem tapering down 25%. I did it for 2 weeks though quite honestly instead of 4 days. I cut back on monday to another 25% and the first day was a bit difficult but i made it...and am continuing to do so. This Dr. that i see makes it sound as though i am going to be on this stuff for life long. He isn't the most positive guy and doesn't really care about anything but the $$$. Its very obvious. Quite honestly though, i am not needing him as a therapist...(i already have one of those but she is not familiar with suboxone)..i guess i use him just as much as he uses me. Any advice on the horrible sweats and libido? The sweats are not like withdrawal sweats at all...no chills...etc...just yukie sweaty like when i sleep..almost to the point where i need to change shirts..and i am a tiny girl....and the a/c works fine!! Also, yes..i get the occasional leg jerk....but thats not so bad. I love reading what everyone posts on here because i have learned a lot and thank you Robert and to the PP for writing to me....appreciate it more than you know...its so nice to know i am not alone.

My PC shut down on me for a couple of weeks..ended up getting a new one..talk about withdrawal..haha...

Anyways - i cut down...and am doing better. However, i have noticed, (as well as my husband of course) that i have NO libido what so ever. I am willing to try anything at this point to get it back. I feel terrible being this way but its the last thing i think about. Currently I am a stay at home mom so i am worn out at the end of the day with my four yr. old twins so maybe that is a contributer as well? I dunno..also...major sweating issue. I have been on clonezpam for years...so i know it is not related to anxiety...so i think...ok..is it suboxone? or am i pre-menopausal? (I am 35) - I just don't know....my Dr. is so brief with me..basically just a script writer so its up to me...(and all of you) that i rely on for answers. I had no problem tapering down 25%. I did it for 2 weeks though quite honestly instead of 4 days. I cut back on monday to another 25% and the first day was a bit difficult but i made it...and am continuing to do so. This Dr. that i see makes it sound as though i am going to be on this stuff for life long. He isn't the most positive guy and doesn't really care about anything but the $$$. Its very obvious. Quite honestly though, i am not needing him as a therapist...(i already have one of those but she is not familiar with suboxone)..i guess i use him just as much as he uses me. Any advice on the horrible sweats and libido? The sweats are not like withdrawal sweats at all...no chills...etc...just yukie sweaty like when i sleep..almost to the point where i need to change shirts..and i am a tiny girl....and the a/c works fine!! Also, yes..i get the occasional leg jerk....but thats not so bad. I love reading what everyone posts on here because i have learned a lot and thank you Robert and to the PP for writing to me....appreciate it more than you know...its so nice to know i am not alone.

Fact is that subs are an opiate and opiates tend to adversely affect the libido of lots of people. Same with sweating, itching, and several symptoms sorry to say. It affects us all a little differently. But I can promise you that if you stick to the taper plan that as your dose gets really small, or you end up clean, that the libido, sleep, RLS and other unpleasant symptoms will dissipate and you'll find yourself living life enjoying yourself and everything will be fine. That is a guarantee. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

SdSteve is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Fact is that subs are an opiate and opiates tend to adversely affect the libido of lots of people. Same with sweating, itching, and several symptoms sorry to say. It affects us all a little differently. But I can promise you that if you stick to the taper plan that as your dose gets really small, or you end up clean, that the libido, sleep, RLS and other unpleasant symptoms will dissipate and you'll find yourself living life enjoying yourself and everything will be fine. That is a guarantee. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    Robert please read my post on https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...m-46769-2.html i would greatly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by SdSteve View Post
    Robert please read my post on https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...m-46769-2.html i would greatly appreciate it!

I have read the post you wrote on that thread. I mentioned to you before a couple times that it's such a negative thread that I won't post on it and pull it back up to the top of the forum. It's a crummy thread and I don't want to post on it.

I can help you on this thread right here. You can only taper off the subs so quickly or you're setting yourself up for a relapse in my opinion. If you reduce your dose by 25% every four days as I've suggested a few times now to you that is about as fast as you should do it in my opinion. Quitting in a couple weeks is setting yourself up for a relapse as you need a little time to recover, for endorphine production to start again and what not. Doing the taper acccording to the way I suggest is only a 6-8 week taper. That is plenty fast. We use drugs for years and then expect to be done getting clean in a couple weeks. Drug recovery doesn't work that way, it takes time. If you'll do as I'm suggesting you'll be a success like so many others have.

I don't do telephone interviews with anyone. I have to maintain some personal privacy and can't post access to myself one on one in person on the internet. I don't post my phone number or email. I will help anyone but it needs to be done right here so it helps others too and I maintain some privacy for myself. I don't do this for money and I insist on some personal privacy. Sorry but I am too well known and won't do that. I can answer all questions and provide suggestions from right here. That's the way I've always done it and will continue to give advice in that manner. It works fine as I can use the old posts as my notes like a dr would use a medical file on a patient. I talk with too many people to remember everyone's history so I use this forum for that purpose and ask people to post all their questions to me personally on one thread. I'm sure you can understand that. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-26-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Angry to Steve..

That thread link you posted is so negative..BEYOND negative. I originally posted, (and felt like giving in at that point due to the horrible responses) on yahoo questions. The thread you lead me or rather Robert to was useless and thank GOD i found this one...i felt like a loser after reading what people had said about Suboxone..made fun of me for stating i was clean...of course - i am no dummy - i am NOT clean...BUT i am not scraping pennies or wasting my whole paycheck on pills, (when i worked) or worse yet - driving out to God knows where with some scary people to "score"...to ME...i am clean..i can take a shower and feel good about myself when looking in the mirror afterwards and see that my face shape is back to normal and so is my weight....my thoughts are consumed with what they should be..daily activities...attending mass again - normalacy so to speak...NOT.. "how am i going to scrape by $12 for ONE pill that will only basically make my withdrawals go away"...pacing back and forth, biting my nails when cashing my check because then i could get "the big guns!" - suboxone saved my life. go ahead and laugh if you want to but i am a FIRM believer in the tapering down method if that is what it is called. I am sure there are plenty of people that have done just fine with Robert's help. (Thank you Robert - you are a genuine, wonderful person) - I would still be constipated with all the other side effects i explained... etc-THINKING i should have taken MORE when instead it was the opposite if i didn't start to taper down as SUGGESTED. Like he has stated as his signature, he is not a MD...but has a lot of experience in this area and offers wonderful support and knowledge...a breath of fresh air if you want to call it. So, stay away from this thread! We don't want or need you lurking!

Anonymous Guest

i think you are bein a bit rough on steve,

he only POSTED ON THAT THREAD. he didnt start it, and he sure didnt bag subs like most of them on that thread did.

wannabeclean, have a look. steve is asking for help, not bagging subs.

cheeky

steve, you are correct, this place has some wonderful people, you have come to the right place,
    all the best bro, subs have been a lifesaver for me, ive been on longer than some people would recommend, but everyone is different, and they have helped me to do some massive lifestyle changes.

keep goin matey

you could start your own thread, you go to the need to talk forum, and on the top left corner there is a blue button that says, NEW THREAD.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-26-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Default libido

what is odd, Robert - and to anyone else for that matter- is that my libido was at its highest when i was high...which i guess is normal being that it brings you to that euphoric feeling...(in the beginning) - but as time moved on - i lost it...my husband, (whom i hid this habit from and could of won an Academy Award for my acting skills which is sad) - thought "wow! this is great! she hit her peak in life!" - poor guy now wonders when we can be intimate again. he is awesome..very suppportive and understands...HE is the one that found a Dr. for me - set up the appt...and essentially got me on suboxone. do any herbal remedies help that you have heard of??? i see this over the counter stuff all the time and blush but do any of you know of anything herbal? Just thought i would throw that out there....
    if not - hoping when i get down to a much lower dosage that i should feel more intimate...i sure hope so. its the LAST thing on my mind at this point.
    Thanks for listening....

Anonymous Guest

what is odd, Robert - and to anyone else for that matter- is that my libido was at its highest when i was high...which i guess is normal being that it brings you to that euphoric feeling...(in the beginning) - but as time moved on - i lost it...my husband, (whom i hid this habit from and could of won an Academy Award for my acting skills which is sad) - thought "wow! this is great! she hit her peak in life!" - poor guy now wonders when we can be intimate again. he is awesome..very suppportive and understands...HE is the one that found a Dr. for me - set up the appt...and essentially got me on suboxone. do any herbal remedies help that you have heard of??? i see this over the counter stuff all the time and blush but do any of you know of anything herbal? Just thought i would throw that out there....
    if not - hoping when i get down to a much lower dosage that i should feel more intimate...i sure hope so. its the LAST thing on my mind at this point.
    Thanks for listening....
    Hi wannabeclean
    I think it libdo will come back and if you were like me it came back...LOL...
    I don't think you have any worries there.
    just had to get in on this one...LOL
    talk to you later, Melinda

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast