Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeclean View Post
    what is odd, Robert - and to anyone else for that matter- is that my libido was at its highest when i was high...which i guess is normal being that it brings you to that euphoric feeling...(in the beginning) - but as time moved on - i lost it...my husband, (whom i hid this habit from and could of won an Academy Award for my acting skills which is sad) - thought "wow! this is great! she hit her peak in life!" - poor guy now wonders when we can be intimate again. he is awesome..very suppportive and understands...HE is the one that found a Dr. for me - set up the appt...and essentially got me on suboxone. do any herbal remedies help that you have heard of??? i see this over the counter stuff all the time and blush but do any of you know of anything herbal? Just thought i would throw that out there....
    if not - hoping when i get down to a much lower dosage that i should feel more intimate...i sure hope so. its the LAST thing on my mind at this point.
    Thanks for listening....

Sounds like your husband has been a lifesaver for you. You've got a great attitude and you're making steady progress. Stick with it. I guarantee that when you get down to a small dose, and that varies for each person, but your sex life will come back with a bang! (pardon the terminology)

Focus on your recovery first for now. That is the most important thing for helping your relationship. Your husband will understand if he's done all you say to help you. It won't be long and you'll be having a great relationship again only it will be based on truth rather than drug induced.

It's so much better when a relationship isn't centered around drugs for doing things, having sex, or anything. Keep your priorities in order and soon you'll be your old self again. I promise it will happen one day and you'll suddenly notice you feel like you are a 20 year old again. lol Then you guys will have a great life and all of this sacrifice will have been worth it. I've been there too and understand completely. Hang in there, relief is around the corner.. God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i think you are bein a bit rough on steve,

he only POSTED ON THAT THREAD. he didnt start it, and he sure didnt bag subs like most of them on that thread did.

wannabeclean, have a look. steve is asking for help, not bagging subs.

cheeky

steve, you are correct, this place has some wonderful people, you have come to the right place,
    all the best bro, subs have been a lifesaver for me, ive been on longer than some people would recommend, but everyone is different, and they have helped me to do some massive lifestyle changes.

keep goin matey

you could start your own thread, you go to the need to talk forum, and on the top left corner there is a blue button that says, NEW THREAD.

I kind of have to agree with cheeky here that Steve didn't start that thread. It's just so negative however that I would rather post on a thread like this one to answer questions. I won't post on the old fighting threads anymore.

If we leave those old crummy threads alone and forget they exist they will eventually disappear down the list of threads so far that soon no one will ever find them again. If you post on it then it comes to the top. I don't want that to happen.

It's pretty positive around here again and by keeping the old negative threads off the boards they won't instigate anyone into argumentative conservations. That is what everyone ultimately wants I think. At least it's what I want ..... no more fussing. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Steve .... if you need help I'll even start you a thread myself. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-26-2010 at 10:15 PM.

SdSteve is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I kind of have to agree with cheeky here that Steve didn't start that thread. It's just so negative however that I would rather post on a thread like this one to answer questions. I won't post on the old fighting threads anymore.

If we leave those old crummy threads alone and forget they exist they will eventually disappear down the list of threads so far that soon no one will ever find them again. If you post on it then it comes to the top. I don't want that to happen.

It's pretty positive around here again and by keeping the old negative threads off the boards they won't instigate anyone into argumentative conservations. That is what everyone ultimately wants I think. At least it's what I want ..... no more fussing. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Steve .... if you need help I'll even start you a thread myself. God bless.
    Let me start off by saying sorry to everyone. To be honest, i didnt even read the other posts on that suboxone is a scam thread. I was simply trying to tell my story and get roberts help, because that was the last place he posted that day. Had NOTHING to do with me agreeing that subs are a scam. I could have posted that post ANYWHERE. I dont agree that subs are a scam, in fact its the complete opposite. So sorry again for posting there, had nothing to do with subs are a scam, just simply trying to get roberts attention on a thread i thought he would see cus he had just posted there. If u check all my posts that ive done snice i tried cold turkey back in Jan on the thomas guide thread to my current post... it has no negativity, im just asking for help and letting robert and everyone know my story, read my threads, none of them are negative or bashing subs. So maybe i should start my own thread so theres no more confusion. And your right about going to fast with the detox, cus i did relapse, and now have to start all over again. I hope we can start fresh robert and u can help me get where i want to be (sober) alot has happened snice my last post. Start a thread for me robert so i know you got this message and we can begin what i hope to be the start to an end of drugs! Thank you all very much, and im sorry again! ;P god bless!

p.s im going to get subtex on monday. all the bad things i read about the nanloxne in suboxone and how it can effect accupuncture ( which i am currently getting ) and somehow block endorphines is a way, would rather not have to worry about that, i dont shoot up and have no intention of abusing sub's. maybe its more mental than anything, but hey if it can help why not try it? also on celexa and xan to help with sleep. hope we can talk soon robert. thank you
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-27-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Anonymous Guest

steve i started you a thread,

its in the "need to talk" forum,

you will see it, it says stSTEVES SUB TAPER.

go check it out mate. no worries.

cheeky

Anonymous Guest

STEVE, POST AGAIN PAL.

wannabe was wrong, and shoulda stepped up and admitted that.

i started you a thread, go check it out. robert did as well.

dont disappear on us mate, not everyone is so quick to attack people.

cheeky

Somekindah$ll is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

STEVE, POST AGAIN PAL.

wannabe was wrong, and shoulda stepped up and admitted that.

i started you a thread, go check it out. robert did as well.

dont disappear on us mate, not everyone is so quick to attack people.

cheeky
    Can I just point out spmething real quick? i think 321Steve is the one ppl were bashing. There is also an SDSteve. These are two seperate ppl, according to their profiles. I think this was just a misunderstanding and one got a tongue lashing that was uncalled for. Just MHO, though.

Anonymous Guest

cheers dude. yeh, probably mistaken identity, i didnt want sd steve to run off tho.

Somekindah$ll is offline Junior Member

cheers dude. yeh, probably mistaken identity, i didnt want sd steve to run off tho.
    Thanks, cheeky. I sure didn't want to step on toes here, but thought it should be pointed out. I hope SDSteve comes back too. This place sure is helpful to those of us who need it!

ChefHuey is offline New Member

Default 2+year suboxone user

Hello all,
    I have used Suboxone for two plus years now. And have to send in my experience strength & hope. There are side effects to using this drug. I have been constipated for 2 plus years and can get moody from time to time. One warning, do not just stop taking this drug, the withdraw is worst than you would think. Talk with your heath care provider and taper down.
    This drug saved my life; it gave me a chance to learn & work my program without worrying about the awful withdraws that comes with opiate abuse. I have tried to stop using 4 times before and white knuckled through most of it & always relapsed because I couldn’t focus on the important thing "learning & working a program of sobriety". I am currently cutting back my doses (with my heath care providers direction) because, I believe that now I can live life on life’s terms, I have a very strong network of support, and I am actively working my program. The withdraw is so miner that I hardy realize that anything is different. I am tapering slowly (about 1mg a month) and it seems to be working. I guess my point is that Suboxone helps take away the withdraw symptoms so that you can work on finding a good support network of friends, & to learn & work a strong ACTIVE Program of recovery.

The drug works if you work your program (AA, CA, Ect.)
    Good luck to all of you

Dave

Anonymous Guest

hi dave,
    what dose did you start on?

and what dose are you on now.? just curious.

ive been on subs now coming up one year, i have tapered from 12mg to .5mg, where i have sat for a while on that dose,

glad things are workin out for you..

cheeky

wannabeclean is offline New Member

Hi everyone - This is my first time logging in since my last post- due to LIFE..(in a good way) -
    First of all, I re-read what i had typed to Steve and yes..i admit i was wrong...i was on top of my little todem pole and i was totally immature & I want to apologize to you, Steve for sounding and being so harsh. It was uncalled for. Here is the reason, (as lame as it sounds):
    I posted a question regarding subs (prior to finding this site) and was completely bashed and felt ashamed for being on suboxone. I let out my anger and frustration on you instead of the other people being as i ended up just shutting my laptop and crying like a baby instead of letting "them" have it!
    i am sincerely sorry...please forgive me?

Robert, (and others) - I just wanted to tell you that I am doing MUCH better. I am down to 2 mgs. in the am and MAYBE a chip in the PM..(which i think is more of a mind of matter type of thing) - I also am taking St. John's Wart which actually helps....i have never really believed in taking the herbal route..(why would I?? I loved my stupid scripts) - This has helped me with my mood and overall feeling of happiness. My husband of course has noticed a great difference and yes - he is quite the life saver. He stands behind me 110% and is THE most compassionate person ever.
    - Anyways - i have decided to quit smoking this past week being as "Chantix" is finally covered under my husband's insurance now...AND i want to quit. I am on day 5 - and i don't feel anything at all. Its really strange. I took Chantix before and it worked for me - however, i ran out of the med being that 3 years ago it was $100/per month...and i could not afford the second month....(you have to stay on chantix even when you have quit smoking for some time) - I remember by this point cigarettes were tasting bad - having strange/crazy dreams..(i know this is normal) - but NO FEELING of NOT wanting a cigarette..and believe me..i WANT AND NEED TO QUIT! I hate the smell...what it is doing to my body, etc. I called my primary doctor whom knows i am on suboxone and he said to give it another few days and i should "feel like cigarettes are gross..call me with anything else...click.." I called my ever so wonderful "pain managment Dr., aka Suboxone Dr." - and he said about the same thing. Oh-and a question-why is it when i visit him and tell him about my complaints and/or concerns he makes me sound like I am the only one with these issues?? He told me i should never have felt constipated..have a low libido, etc....???? I felt crazy until finding this site -
    Alright-back to Chantix- I did a search online and couldn't find much information besides the fact that it is safe to mix the two. Do you or anyone know anything about this?? And Robert - how in the world are you so knowledgable about subs?? I have read some of your other posts and you really are a miracle worker. You have helped so many people, like myself and I cannot thank you enough. You need to be paid for your VERY helpful posts!!! Here is a HUGE **online hug** coming from a girl that was about to throw in the towel and instead helped her put it back on the rack... Thank you so much for being there for me...for ALL of us. You are such a good person..i could go on and on but i don't want to swell your head too much.... haha! Seriously though - You deserve all the compliments...and more.

butterfly4ever is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by chopper12345 View Post
    this is in response to the post about VICODEN !!!! i had the same problem i used vicoden for 4 years and i was taking up to 40 pills per day 750MG in one year i spent over 40 grand...BUT I AM CLEAN NOW... your sister is just going to get worse but i think i can help you..first dont use methadone it does not work for vicoden users it didnt work for me there is a medication called suboxone thats what helped me get clean.. just google it and there is a doctor locator that can help you find a doctor near you that will prescribe it...it is kinda expensive BUT CHEAPER THAN THE VICODEN... i was engaged and making 6 figures and my addiction destroyed everything so i know how you feel..but suboxone does work it will take away the withdrawl symptoms but your sister does have to want to be clean because suboxone does not get you high.. but listen nothing worked for me i always went back to the drugs..however the suboxone did work !!!.. addiction is a hard thing to deal with but please remember it is a desease..
    to the lady worried about her sister addicted to vicodin. I feel empathy for you. take it easy, your right you cannot carry her into treatment. you are helping her by being there for her and supporting her son, thats tough love and i give you a big HUG for that! Just know: YOU are NOT Alone! many of us from all corners of this beautiful world have some similiar problem. but, its either we live in the Problem or we live in the Solution and you are living in the Solution because you are reaching out. that is the beginning. To thy own self be true and take the bull by the horns, you will be ok! God's blessing to you and your family.

Creed777 is offline New Member

Default When should i take my first dose of suboxone?

Right now i am starting to go into withdrawl from taking 1to 2 oc 80s by mouth per day for three months. Im very scared and was needing some help on taking my suboxones. I dont kno how much to take nor when i shoud start. Its been 12 hours now. Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    Nichole..... Pls research before you make such blanket statments. There are many testimonies that show the opsite of what you just stated. True, sub is an opiate, true its addictive, if abused I am sure is awful. There are too many MD's perscribing that are in this for the money, just like rehabs. You have made four post and all four very negative and half truth. Have you been on suboxone?

Not sure what your goal is but looks like your attempting to sabatoge alot of folks... why?, Do you know what the success rate of rehabs are?????? last I heard it less then 85%, I think that is generous. I have been three times and came out more brainwash and beat up then the last. I was told that I am powerless over the drugs,,, NOT TRUE. I was told once a junkie always a junkie.... what hope could I have? I was stripped of all my defenses then put out on the street..????????? this makes sense? I was screamed at, called useless, liar, piece of shi", I would never suggest to any of my friends to go inhouse rehab. 9,000 bucks and prob. more now just to be abused and convince that I have maybe 15% chance of making it????

oh yes..... and your statment previously about doing rapid detox???? Pls refrain from making such uneducated statments...... we have vunerable, scared folks coming here, some hanging by a thread as I was. You come in here and talk about something that you know nothing about. YOu almost had a hand in blowing my chance of making it..... are you going to continue?

Are there too many empty beds or what? I am sure your facility would give a bed to an un-insured active addict... so maybe you can save a life?????

Becarefull Please what you say....... esp. when you have nothing to loose. We do. Our lives. Attempt to be positive...

If you want to e-mail me for further discussion pls feel free, I would love the chance to explain further in private.
    Sister

Creed777 is offline New Member

Default Nevermind

Thanks but no thanks. Like i said before i took 160 to 240 mg a day for 3 and a half months and one day decided to quit. Obtained a script for suboxone and started taking 8mg twice a day. I only took six of them and just stopped. Experienced mild wd symptoms. After the suboxone wore of i only had a sqeezie feeling in my stomach and weak legs for a couple of days. I feel so much better than i did while takin the ocs. They made my skin crawl along with several other syymptoms. So to make a long story short, i was over this in four days with little of no wds. I also prayed everyday for the strength to overcome my situation. I think that anyone can overcome if they just use mind over matter. Besides God i had noone to help me and it was a scary feeling at first. God Bless!

Kabel is offline New Member

Default Subuxone Side Effects

Just and FYI for anyone on Subuxone.

Subuxone can cause vision problems such as bleeding in the white portions of your eye ball which causes your vision to be affected in several ways including seeing everything in a redish hue. Other side effects include flushed or purple skin color, extremely dark redish urine (looks like blood), severe stomache pain, tingling and numbness in the mouth, tongue, lips and throat and tightness in the chest along with difficulty beathing.

Subuxone can cause these reactions as an allergic response or as a reaction to a high dose.So if you experience any side effects call your doctor immediately.

Kabel is offline New Member

Detox and rehab do not carry a 85% success rate. Where did that number come from?

I just had to detox off Morphine and of the twenty people in detox with me only I and another guy were first timers and both of us were there to switch pain medications. Of the other eighteen, nine of them were there for their second try and the other nine were looking at their third or fourth trip through detox. That's a far cry from a 85% first time success rate. Just looking at the numbers I experienced you could not even say the success rate was 20% for first round success as again I and another patient were there only to detox and switch to another medication. We were not there for addiction revovery or treatment.

People who are addicted to drugs have to want to get sober. Dependency and addiction are also two very different things so you can not lump the two together and use those numbers either. In the end though, the success rate for first time rehab is no where near 85%. If you are talking about 85% in general that's an entirely different thing, but even then it would not be that high.

People who are addicted usually don't get sober the first time through, so don't make it even hard on people by blasting someone who is trying to point that out. I am not trying to flame you either, but your post was kind of hyper critical. I understand you want people to feel that they can get clean and sober, but don't suger coat it either. Recovery is a tough deal, it's not easy and more than likely most individuals will probably stumble at least once.

Addiction is the 900 pound gorilla and he's not easy to get off your back.

I know you, just like most people on this board are trying to help, but lets not argue symantecs and say that addiction recovery is an easy quick process. For most recovery is a long hard process and you have to want it and want it badly or you will never recover.

Anyone addicted who is trying to get clean, you are really tackling a huge thing and it's not going to be easy, but you don't have to do it alone. You are also showing a huge amount of courage and strength in fighting to get your life back, something we all can look at and aplaud you on.

wannabeclean is offline New Member

Default So Sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by Creed777 View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. Like i said before i took 160 to 240 mg a day for 3 and a half months and one day decided to quit. Obtained a script for suboxone and started taking 8mg twice a day. I only took six of them and just stopped. Experienced mild wd symptoms. After the suboxone wore of i only had a sqeezie feeling in my stomach and weak legs for a couple of days. I feel so much better than i did while takin the ocs. They made my skin crawl along with several other syymptoms. So to make a long story short, i was over this in four days with little of no wds. I also prayed everyday for the strength to overcome my situation. I think that anyone can overcome if they just use mind over matter. Besides God i had noone to help me and it was a scary feeling at first. God Bless!
    I try to log in as much as possible and wish i could of been here for support for you. I have been so busy with personal stuff that i took a little time off from the web - I am VERY proud and amazed that you took yourself off Subs so quickly. I gotta ask - how do you feel now? Are you having any cravings, etc..? I am just amazed that you "beat the beast" so very quickly...strong will power..thats for sure.
    I take sometimes 2 mgs, (which to me is a chip) per day - OR every other day. I think at this point its mind over matter..(just like you stated) - I bought some St. John's wart awhile ago and am taking that along with my Chantix (I have not completely stopped smoking but am down to just a few a day). I am over the sickness of the Chantix - it was horrible in the beginning....I am going to try to keep on track with a chip every other day to a chip every 3rd day and so on until i am DONE. As you may or may not know Subs are very addicting...the longer you are on it, the harder it is to get off. I honestly think if I had a sitter for my kids for 3 or 4 days I could go through the withdrawals at home by just quitting cold turkey. However, my family doesn't know anything about any of this besides my loyal husband and my best girl friend.... Please feel free to write anytime - i am here - and a good listener

needhelpinalaska is offline New Member

Default Looking for Support

I have been reading so many websites about Suboxone the last several days my eyes are crossed. I found this thread today and have read every post on it going back to 2006. I have found hope! Which is more than I had a few days ago. Robert_325 you are a gift from God. I had been looking for peoples personel expierences after researching the drug. I found many sites with similar threads but very few that had this long of a thread (3 years) with the same people. Being able to read peoples expierences from start to finish has been great. November 7th, 2010 will be 3 years clean from alcohol, cocaine, meth ect.... 2 years into my recovery I had some medical issues that caused me to be on pain meds for some time. I was worried about this and did all the right things to start off. I told my DR I was in recovery, told my sponser of my medical issues, gave my scripts to another person to give to me when needed all was well. EXCEPT I THOUGHT I COULD HANDEL IT THEN!!!! After the first couple of refills I was tired of having to meet up with my friend three times a day to get my pills and I'd been doing so good I THOUGHT I COULD HANDEL IT!!! I was wrong. It only took a couple of refills before I was eating them like candy. By the time these medical issues were cleared up I was hooked. I then had to get pills from the street. Thats were I found OCXY, damn the luck there. I was eating 4-5 80mg a day for 7-8 months. I've weened myself to 2-3 80mg per day. I've tried 3 times to go cold turkey with no sucess. I can't get past the 3rd-4th day. The last time I tried CT was just last week. I was so confident I knew what was coming and was ready to deal with it, took time off work and everything. I was still in such bad WD's when I had to go back to work I couldn't function. I was so damn depressed that I couldn't do it and was lost as to what to do now. Thats when I found out about SUB on the net. And better then that I found this thread. Robert_325 I totally agree with your philosophy about addiction and I want to follow my DR's advice so I hope those two things match. There is no DR's in my town that prescribe SUB so the earelist appt I could get today is for the 16th of November. Well I don't really have any questions yet other than is there anything I can do in the few weeks before my DR appt to help this out? I'm doing good at keeping my intake at 2-80mg a day now but the evenings are tough and by morning I need that first piece....I hate myself for getting back into this position again after all the hard work I've done to get where I'm at now. But I'm so ready to make the change....Anyway THANKS for everyone who posts here as you have all given me hope again...

Quote Originally Posted by needhelpinalaska View Post
    I have been reading so many websites about Suboxone the last several days my eyes are crossed. I found this thread today and have read every post on it going back to 2006. I have found hope! Which is more than I had a few days ago. Robert_325 you are a gift from God. I had been looking for peoples personel expierences after researching the drug. I found many sites with similar threads but very few that had this long of a thread (3 years) with the same people. Being able to read peoples expierences from start to finish has been great. November 7th, 2010 will be 3 years clean from alcohol, cocaine, meth ect.... 2 years into my recovery I had some medical issues that caused me to be on pain meds for some time. I was worried about this and did all the right things to start off. I told my DR I was in recovery, told my sponser of my medical issues, gave my scripts to another person to give to me when needed all was well. EXCEPT I THOUGHT I COULD HANDEL IT THEN!!!! After the first couple of refills I was tired of having to meet up with my friend three times a day to get my pills and I'd been doing so good I THOUGHT I COULD HANDEL IT!!! I was wrong. It only took a couple of refills before I was eating them like candy. By the time these medical issues were cleared up I was hooked. I then had to get pills from the street. Thats were I found OCXY, damn the luck there. I was eating 4-5 80mg a day for 7-8 months. I've weened myself to 2-3 80mg per day. I've tried 3 times to go cold turkey with no sucess. I can't get past the 3rd-4th day. The last time I tried CT was just last week. I was so confident I knew what was coming and was ready to deal with it, took time off work and everything. I was still in such bad WD's when I had to go back to work I couldn't function. I was so damn depressed that I couldn't do it and was lost as to what to do now. Thats when I found out about SUB on the net. And better then that I found this thread. Robert_325 I totally agree with your philosophy about addiction and I want to follow my DR's advice so I hope those two things match. There is no DR's in my town that prescribe SUB so the earelist appt I could get today is for the 16th of November. Well I don't really have any questions yet other than is there anything I can do in the few weeks before my DR appt to help this out? I'm doing good at keeping my intake at 2-80mg a day now but the evenings are tough and by morning I need that first piece....I hate myself for getting back into this position again after all the hard work I've done to get where I'm at now. But I'm so ready to make the change....Anyway THANKS for everyone who posts here as you have all given me hope again...

I'm not going anyplace. I'll be here when you're ready. You might try to taper down your dose as best you can but when you are ready just let me know. God bless.

Default Great News Robert

Robert today I recieved great news from the Dr's office today and they squeezed me in for my first appt about getting on SUB for Monday afternoon. There are no Dr's in Fairbanks that prescribe it so I have to travel 365 miles to see this DR. I hope they have a plan for out of town paients. With Alaska being Alaska (lots of remote communities) I bet they do have somthing set up. Anyway I just got off the phone with my AA sponser and filled him in on whats going on he's happy for me...."now the work can begin." was what he actually said. Knowing him I bet I'll have some writing to do soon....Just wanted to share my update with you. Take care....Mike

Mike ....... That is great news! Your dr should be willing to do phone consultations and just call in the meds to the pharmacy. See if you can get the subutex generics (buprenorphine) as it's the least expensive and easiest to work with. Be as insistant on the subutex as you can. Keep me posted what is happening. I can do the induction with you right here on the forum so we keep you on the lowest dose possible. Lots of these sub drs have a tendency to get you on a very high dose like 16mg or more. That is not what you want. Let me know how I can help you. God bless.

nkoppk is offline New Member

Hey guys,im new here and have been reading the forum.I abused percs and oxys for about 3 years and almost lost my house so i got on sub to stop.I was using about 400mg a day and the doctor put me on 2 8mg a day dose.I have been on them for 3 weeks now and feel fine.I was suprised when he told me we are going to hold this dose for 9 months and then start to taper.Isnt this way to long to be on the subs?I want to stop taking pills all together.

Quote Originally Posted by nkoppk View Post
    Hey guys,im new here and have been reading the forum.I abused percs and oxys for about 3 years and almost lost my house so i got on sub to stop.I was using about 400mg a day and the doctor put me on 2 8mg a day dose.I have been on them for 3 weeks now and feel fine.I was suprised when he told me we are going to hold this dose for 9 months and then start to taper.Isnt this way to long to be on the subs?I want to stop taking pills all together.

Here is a link to the process I devised for myself long ago and the identical process I've used for working with others here for years literally. Let me know if you want my help.

Read around the other sub threads here and you'll see how many people have just recently gotten clean using this very process. People here from all over the world have done this successfully. I promise it works.

You're taking way too much sub, which is typical of most sub drs, and this should be about a 60 day process as you see by reading. Your a "money tree" to that dr doing it for so long! The way you're doing this will ultimately cause you a bunch of problems. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Default Wednesday

ROBERT
    Well yesterday's DR appt was just to get the basics out of the way, blood tests, paper work, and a UA. I did talk to him about Subutex and he just prescribes Suboxone. He said he plans to start me out probably at 16mg (thats what he said most of his paients start at...some as high at 24mg) I asked him what his time line to get me off the SUB and he said his usual program is 6 months. A month at the first level before starting the tapre. He said the first drop is around 30-50% of what he starts me on. He wants to talk on a weekly basis and see me on a monthly basis. This is a longer program than what you suggest, what is your opinion on what he has told me to this point? They do pill counts ext...to make sure I'm following his program. Anyway I'm flying back down tonight and see him in the AM. I took my last pill this AM so will be 24 hours without by the time I see him. I should be in pretty bad shape by then...lol. I'll get back with you tomorrow and let you know what went on. Thanks for being here Robert. It's a great comfort to know your out there. MIKE.

Default Day 1

started at 9:30 with 6mg took another 2mg at 2pm and another 4mg at 4pm feeling not that great but no real WD's. I'm planning on taking 4mg before bed.

liveit is offline New Member

Post pain a state of mind?

quick history 10-03 t-10 compression fracture, diagnosis interior contusions, bruised your guts. 12 weeks you'll be fine just take these 5mg percs 6x a day. back to work (commercial construction) after a few days off, no work no pay. amazing how i could still perform my duties off these little wonder pills. had a family, mortgage,co. truck, couple dogs GOD BLESS AMERICA! at 8 weeks i knew some thing was wrong but my words to deaf ears, a script more cost effective than an mri. about 4-04 blew my c-5-6 disc lifting a water soaked timber, thought i was just screwing up what was without question had become a bit trying.i was forced to pay out of pocket for an mri. diagnosis t-10 compression fracture 75% healed in unstable fashion done deal no resolve.major impedement on spinal chord from c56 disc candidate for lower body paralysis.made it a few more weeks until i was fired by my employer. had c56 fusion 2weeks later. then entered the world of the "PAIN MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY" by 2007 i had habituated to the big league. 100mcg fentanyl patches 1 every 48 hrs. 300+mgs ir oxycodone 40mgs benzos and lets add in some anti-depressants this guy seems to be a bit down. i added a quart of wild turkey for medicinal purposes. became an expert at controlling pain.my wife dumped me that year, the only thing i had was stink, obviously better left to the behind.my mom died in 08 dont remember much of that year, but a casual friend of mine also dealing with chronic pain also taking fentynal put an extra patch on christmas eve, his 4 sons found him the next morning. in 09 i stood naked in front of the mirror removed 6 100mcg fentanyl patches from all over my body it was the first time i realized how deep i was. it was evident the anti depressants left me flat. no feeling not happy not sad flat. in my book thats a no brainer. 86em over night, probably not whats up with doc but the docs a legal dope dealer, and i would expect the house keeper keeps them well fed. dope docs not a bad gig straight hrs.and sure as spit, that addict will wait, sure not in the mood for jones. so as the story goes, had been with the same clinic about 5 yrs.mis-placed my oxycodone script in less than a week after a new script. called pain management doc, response, too many calls for early refills need addiction counseling will fill this script and release you. my thought process was de nada. i,ve got twice the dope i need, 86 the fentanyl, compensate withdrawls with extra dope hook up with new doc and be off the fentanyl patch. oh the best laid plans of mice and men.doc appt. fell through new employee made a mistake and couldnt get initial consult for another week.oops. went from 600mgs oxycodone a day to 0.

Post pain a state of mind?

re:continuous ramble, going cold personally was a necessary evil. details not necessary, it is a good idea to have a trashcan nearby. made 5 weeks opiate free. i had physical feeling. how is one to deal with a problem they cant feel? was never given the chance.blew out L1 that week.most unfortunate. had 1week to wait for a steroid injection, should have been done imediatly. more convenient to write a script, docs got dinner waiting.3 weeks i was again in narcotic withdrawl. next doc visit i tell them dont know how to ween down only know how to go cold.all i want is to not maintain an addiction.this doc is frustrated, got pumps to deliver liquid D via a probe straight to the spinal fluid take care of the pain before an electrical impulse to the brain, by-pass the brain, clear head and pain relief.the sub of that is replace pump every 6or7yrs and maintain a liquid dilaudid addiction. also have this wonder drug called suboxone.i am presently on, after 7 weeks of withdrawl and on my second shot at getting off the suboxone. very tricky to shake this one, cut down to quickly my first try got knocked on my butt. would suggest a slow and patient process.last doc visit i was told my ego was so big it was forcing my head up my buttocks.failure to accept the fact i have a permanent chronic condition and my only choice is to take opiates till i die. i beg to differ.so what have i learned? the mind can only think one thought at a time.smash my thumbnail with a good swing of a hammer wont think about my back. concentrate on the bass of some vintage blues. i have a choice to choose what i think. inevitably the pain is less than pleasant but then where is your mind? thinking of kind? or something you lost and cant find? believe it or not its better to focus on features, not talking creatures but simply the best that youve got NANA KOROBI YAUKI daruma

re:suboxone cant speak but for myself the suboxone is an opiate very addictive and 1mg is a ball buster few days i will 86it you can bank on the physical discomfort pain is the cost of freedom

Quote Originally Posted by needhelpinalaska View Post
    ROBERT
    Well yesterday's DR appt was just to get the basics out of the way, blood tests, paper work, and a UA. I did talk to him about Subutex and he just prescribes Suboxone. He said he plans to start me out probably at 16mg (thats what he said most of his paients start at...some as high at 24mg) I asked him what his time line to get me off the SUB and he said his usual program is 6 months. A month at the first level before starting the tapre. He said the first drop is around 30-50% of what he starts me on. He wants to talk on a weekly basis and see me on a monthly basis. This is a longer program than what you suggest, what is your opinion on what he has told me to this point? They do pill counts ext...to make sure I'm following his program. Anyway I'm flying back down tonight and see him in the AM. I took my last pill this AM so will be 24 hours without by the time I see him. I should be in pretty bad shape by then...lol. I'll get back with you tomorrow and let you know what went on. Thanks for being here Robert. It's a great comfort to know your out there. MIKE.

I totally disagree with the way your dr is doing this. You know I do from previous posts and the entire forum

I think you're on entirely too much medication and the dr will have you on this stuff lots longer than you need to be causing you more grief ultimately than is necessary or beneficial to you. NO ONE needs 16-24mg of suboxone. That's my opinion as I've seen so many people end up here in misery from those kinds of doses and treatment..

It's hard for me to make suggestions when you're under the care and direction of someone doing everything exactly opposite of the way I've seen it work best for years. That is my opinion based on my years of experience. The dr is the dr so it's your call what you do. God bless.

Default Thats what I thought youd say

Robert that was pretty much what I thought youd say. Yesterday was my first day at 4mg at 7am then 4mg at 7pm. I was feeling a bit rough around the 10-11 hour mark last night and this morning (took 4mg at 7am today) but if thats as bad as its going to get I can handel it. SO long story short I'm down to 8mg a day and all in all doing EXCEPTIONAL. NO WD'S OR CRAVINGS AT ALL. I think the only real side effect is I'm a bit tired. Been falling a sleep pretty early every night since I started. This could be just my body catching up with its self also. God knows my sleep habits this last year have been bad. I'm just so amazed how good I feel. So now to get all the way off this stuff. My Dr wanted me to call him day 3 and I told him I was dropping to 8mg a day and he thought that was great. So today is day 2 at 8mg. I'm all into following your way Robert and get off this. I know today is only day 5 but I'm already down from 20mg that first day to 8mg and feeling good so I don't see what sticking to your program will hurt. Just want off. Anyway I'll keep you posted in two days and let you know how I feel when I drop. In your formula after 4 full days drop 25%. 8Mg to 6mg stay on that for four days with no wds and repeat.....correct? Take Care......Mike
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-07-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast