Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Mike ..... you got it right. After 8mg go to 6mg. From 6mg go to 4.5mg. It's 25% off whatever dose you happen to be reducing from at the time. Keep me posted. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-07-2010 at 03:45 PM.

DrizzyDrake is offline Member

Is it me or does suboxone cause just as many problems as anything else

Quote Originally Posted by DrizzyDrake View Post
    Is it me or does suboxone cause just as many problems as anything else

People that use suboxone for any significant amount of time need to taper off or they will have w/d problems. This link is how I've worked with people here successfully for years based on the way I did it when I used subs years ago. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

needhelpinalaska is offline New Member

Default Day 1 at 6mg

Robert today was day one at 6mg. I took 3mg at 7am was feeling a bit off about 3pm and took 1mg then 2mg at 7pm. I feel real good. I dont think I'll have any problems at this first step down. Its such a empowering feeling to have a plan like this to get off the SUB so quickly. As all the stories that I've heard that people who had problems started very high doses or were on it a long time. I'm happy that this plan so far seems to live up to its billing. Again Thanks.....Take Care.....Mike

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mike
    Robert is kind of busy right now so I'm doing some writing for him but the words are coming right from his mouth..
    It is great that you are doing good on 6mg , but take it twice a day 3 mg in the morning and 3 mg in the late afternoon.. If you take it spread out more than twice a day it is considered addictive behaver... you know what I'm trying to say

Keep up the good work..
    and keep us posted on how your doing..
    Melinda

needhelpinalaska is offline New Member

Default last day at 6mg

Melinda
    Thanks for writing back. Other than that first dat I'm on a 12 hour schedule. Just took 1mg that first day a bit early cause I was feeling not right. I thought that was what i was supposed to be doing, especially as I stayed at the 6mg level. But i do understand what your saying about addictive behavior. Today is my last day at 6mg so i'll let you know how everything is going tomorrow when I drop to the next level down. Hopefully I wont notice a thing......Take care and again thx for being there. MIKE

Janice65 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    My husband is currently taking Suboxone after 20 years of >>>>>> and other drug dependence. He has been clean since before Thanksgiving because of it, and I think it is wonderful. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some sexual side effects - mostly being unable to climax fully, and some difficulty with arousal. He is now saying he wants to stop taking the medicine, and I am very worried about that! Has anyone else experienced these problems that can give me some advice, or let me know if these side effects will go away at some point? Thank you!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, my husband had an addiction to vicodin from long existing pain. To help him come off vicodin, the dr put him on suboxone (this was his first go around with this) it DOES effect his sexual drive, it also caused him to have lung issues. He was not getting enough O2 in his body. He ended up having blood clots in his lungs and pneumonia. He was on oxygen 24/7. After totally quitting (cold turkey) the suboxone, his drive came back, his lung issues got better, he now only needs oxygen at night.

He again became addicted after another surgery, my husband wanted off the opiates and decided to go back to suboxone. Again, we're going through the sexual drive issues, he is coughing up blood. The doctors will not tell you this because they receive $100 check for every perscription they write. I do not like my husband taking this drug. He just recently had his testosterone level checked and it was very low, his primary had no answer for him and of course, I am suspecting the other dr who perscribes the suboxone will definitely say thats not the cause of his sexual issues.

Get your husband's dr to check his testosterone level checked, I bet it's severly low and I guarentee you that suboxone is the cause.

Signed: Frustrated Wife!

Happy Again is offline New Member

Default Been There.

I understand what you are going through with your sister. I also understand what your sister is dealing with. I was using vicodin for 7 years...on and off. At one point I was up to 70 pills a day. I now call Vicodin...the devils candy. I cannot even begin to express how horrifying it is to be addicted to this drug. THE ONLY WAY...I have been able to stay clean..was I went to an intensive 12 week out patient program..called New Journey..in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. At that point I started taking Soboxone to help with the withdrawals. Your sister HAS to go to a similar program as this. She will absolutely not recover unless she does. See....the "drug" hijacks the part of the brain...that normally is stable, and messes it completely up...so that the person that's addicted...CAN'T help themselves. This is prevelant in alllll drug users. Also, I have found...that I only got better...when I was ready to get better. It appears that your sister has tried numerous things...and wasn't successful yet. IF SHE WANTS TO GET BETTER...there are success stories out there..like me. Maybe...just maybe I can say something that will help her understand..that she CAN get better. God bless you...and your family. I will pray...that she gets the help she needs. Please...please let your family understand...that they in and of themselves can't help her. She has to want to help herself. Regards, Teri QUOTE=dogs5;201883]

HELP!!! I'm at the end of my rope. My sister is an avid vicodin user. She's has been for 5 years now. Nothing is helping. She's been to clinics, therapy, and has also used methadone. It's no use! The methadone just made things worse. She became dependent on it. She now will take just about anything to reach her achieved high. She lies, falls asleep and any given moment, has behavioral issues, ect. My family and I don't know what to do. We can't force her to go to detox in IL. She has to sign herself in. If she signs herself in, she stays for a day and signs out. She's in her late 20's and is very bright. She also has a five year old that we as a family take care of. She doesn't live on her own. Is their any medication out there that doesn't have the same side effects as the actual opiate? Can we as a family do something? Any thoughts would be much appreciated[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-23-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    People that use suboxone for any significant amount of time need to taper off or they will have w/d problems. This link is how I've worked with people here successfully for years based on the way I did it when I used subs years ago. God bless.

I use to throw up off of suboxone atleast once a week, it sucked.

I use to throw up off of suboxone atleast once a week, it sucked.

And your point is? Is that supposed to help someone taper off?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    And your point is? Is that supposed to help someone taper off?
    The topic of thread is suboxone side effects is it not? I'm just saying that was a side effect I had of it, plus one of the reasons that made me get off opiates all together. If you're throwing up every few days when you try to take suboxone to get off opiates, it's more worthwhile to just quit all together. Atleast when you use Benzos to get off opiates, after your done with the benzos the w/d of opiates kinda masks the xanax w/d.

Thats why I would recommend only using benzos for sleep at night when getting off suboxone cold turkey because if you use them during the day you get a physical addiction.

SHEPSTER is offline New Member

Default doseage

Let me start by saying Im 49 years old.Growing up i took baby asprin til I was 15.I worked as a deputy sherriff at 21 and worked at NASA on SWAT team. Always against drugs.I had migrain headheachs for 2 week.This was back in 86 and was perscribed lorcets.Got hooked and tru the years ive been to methdone clinc. and done other drugs.A few years back I was arrested for dealing OC's put on probations.The city i live in doesnt allow you to be on methadone.So I started suboxone.I was on 10mg of methadone for years and while dealing got my tolarance up doing OC to where i was taking 40mg a day.any way to the point. I i take 1/4 table ever few hrs a day total 1 a day. then taking 1 a day. Back 6 mts ago I had a stroke.been taking same amount but the last 3 weeks Ive felt really bad.before i could take a lil extra and it would make me feel better.im now thinking my leavels are down and thats why i feel this way but taking a 1/4 isnt helping me.My doseage has jump to 1 1/2 to 2 just to feel a lil better.just wandering my the large increse.has anyone had this problem.wish Id never seen seen a pain pill.Cant begin to tell you how it has screwed up my life and body.Any one having this increase problem your experence on this would help.

SHEPSTER is offline New Member

to the above i forget to add.I have been taking for 2 years.sometimes when i get feeling run down i take a quarter and feel better.and last couple weeks taking extra doesnt help and if its does it just a lil and for only 1/2 hr.i have no withdraw symptom except feeling tird and that flu like feeling.is it that my levels are down and need to get it back up.should i take 1/4 or a whole 1 at once.is this even the problem.has any had it not make you feel better by taking a lil more.never had a problem til lately.thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by SHEPSTER View Post
    to the above i forget to add.I have been taking for 2 years.sometimes when i get feeling run down i take a quarter and feel better.and last couple weeks taking extra doesnt help and if its does it just a lil and for only 1/2 hr.i have no withdraw symptom except feeling tird and that flu like feeling.is it that my levels are down and need to get it back up.should i take 1/4 or a whole 1 at once.is this even the problem.has any had it not make you feel better by taking a lil more.never had a problem til lately.thanks for listening.

Read the following link and let me know how I can help you. God bless.

Default Side Effects?

The topic of thread is suboxone side effects is it not? I'm just saying that was a side effect I had of it, plus one of the reasons that made me get off opiates all together. If you're throwing up every few days when you try to take suboxone to get off opiates, it's more worthwhile to just quit all together. Atleast when you use Benzos to get off opiates, after your done with the benzos the w/d of opiates kinda masks the xanax w/d.

Thats why I would recommend only using benzos for sleep at night when getting off suboxone cold turkey because if you use them during the day you get a physical addiction.
    I've been on Sub for almost a year and haven't thrown up once. Withdrawal from Benzos is MUCH more medically dangerous than Opiates because there is a significant risk of convulsions and death. In the hospital all patients in Benzo withdrawal are put on anti-convulsion meds to protect them. No telling how many of them would die if they tried to detox at home. "Masking" the withdrawal of one with the other sounds pretty dangerous to me.

AnnieC50 is offline Member

Default So Grateful For This Site

Hello Everyone, First off I want to say that you guys are all amazing, especially you Robert. I found this thread yesterday and it has helped me so much. I started using Sub on Monday after a year of being addicted to Norco 10 mg. for the last year. I was diognosed with stage 3 lymphoma a little over a year ago and because my lympnodes were so large they were pressing on nerves and causing me severe pain. Funny thing when you are a cancer patient doctors will prescribe just about anything to you to make you feel better. I finished my chemo in August and I am happy to say that I am cancer free but became very addicted to the Norco. Since my lympnodes had shrunk they no longer caused me pain so I had to find a new reason to get the Norco. Chemo can cause pain in your joints which it certainly did for me and that became my ticket for the doctor continuing my prescriptions. I was up to taking about 30 per day and began the game of finding multiple doctors to write new scripts for me. Again, it amazed me how easy it was to get this medication. Well last week I ran out of pills and options for getting more. I was getting very sick and tired of these pills and having to go thru withdrawls every couple of weeks for a few days before I could get more. I wanted to stop and get my life back. I told my cancer doctor about my addiction and I was suprised that he was so shocked...He alone was prescribing so much of this drug to me that I thought he would have realized. Anyway, since he was not a sub doc he sent me to my family doctor who was. I started sub on Monday taking 2mg 3 times per day. I am happy to see that my doctor is prescribing the way that Robert seems to suggest. Anyway, I feel great!! Monday and Tuesday were kind of rough. I felt nausea and had a bad headache but today I feel fine. Robert, I printed your suggestions for weening of of Sub and I am going to take them to my doctor at my next appointment... I also started seeing a therapist for my depression which is a lingering effect of my cancer and I am also seeing a psychiatrist who prescribed cymbalta. Again, I am so happy that I found all of you. You have kept me sane these last 4 days and have given me so much hope. Robert, I would like your help in weening of the Sub so any suggestions you have for me would be great.

Annie ....... Subs have up to a 72 hour half life so you don't need to take them three times a day. Twice a day is max, some only use it once a day. All you have to do is reduce the dose by 25% every four days until you get down to .25mg. At that point it involves a process of skipping days properly. I will be happy to make suggestions for you. Have to leave shortly and won't be back until early this evening. Hope this helps. God bless.

Default Robert

Robert, so what you are saying is that I should still take the 6mg but just do it twice per day? I apppreciate your help....One other question, I feel good as long as I am moving around but if I am still for any length of time I start to feel nauseated. Any thoughts on that?

Default One more question Robert

I am college educated and can't seem to figure out your dosing schedule...I understand reducing by 25% every four days but I just can't seem to calculate it. Can you maybe make me a schedule please? I do better when I know how much of the pill to take for example, take 11/2 the first day then 1 1/4 you know what I mean...I don't do good with mg. I see that you are a very busy man but if you could give me a schedule for reduction I would so appreaciate it.

Smile Help

Is anyone there? I am planning on reducing on Monday and have not heard from Robert...I am sure he is real busy so I certainly understand. I just wanted to make sure my caculations are correct and I should reduce from 6mg per day to 4.75 mgs. Is that correct?
    I would appreciate anyones help. I am so grateful that I found this site. It gives me so much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieC50 View Post
    Is anyone there? I am planning on reducing on Monday and have not heard from Robert...I am sure he is real busy so I certainly understand. I just wanted to make sure my caculations are correct and I should reduce from 6mg per day to 4.75 mgs. Is that correct?
    I would appreciate anyones help. I am so grateful that I found this site. It gives me so much hope.

Anne ...... You should reduce by 25% of your dose. Being on 6mg now that would be a reduction to 4.5mg for four days. Keep us posted how you're feeling during the four days. I read the posts even if I don't reply every time.

All you do is to calculate the new dose is multiply it times .75. Example ... 6 X .75 = 4.5 Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much Robert for helping me....I see from these boards that you are a very busy man. Today is my 4th day on 6mg. With your advice I am taking 3 mgs 2 times per day. The first 3 days were sort of tough...I felt sick to my stomach, headache and could not sleep. I am now feeling so much better and I actually felt better today than I have in years. This drug is a miracle but I know it can quickly turn into a nightmare of its own if I don't follow you plan for reduction. Something pretty big happened yesterday and I want to share it with everyone. Last Saturday while I was still using Norco 10/325 I ran out and called my pharmacy for a refill. It was too early to refill and all my attempts to convince the pharmasists to fill it failed....It could not be fill till Tuesday of this week. It was my second day without Norco and I was very sick so right then and there I decided to go to my doctor and tell him about my addiction and ask for help. I was lucky because my doctors office is open for a few hours on Sunday mornings for walk ins. So I went on Sunday morning and told him everything and I was started on Sub the next day. In the mean time I forgot all about the prescription at the pharmacy that was going to be availble on Tuesday. (To me that is the miracle of Sub, it immediatly stopped my urge to use Norco). Well yesterday afternoon I got a call from my pharmacy....My Norco was filled and waiting for me and they wanted to know when I was going to pick it up. I just stood there with the phone in my hand thinking oh my gosh but I am happy to say that I told them that I didn't want the prescription and I won't be picking it up. The pharmacy told me that they could keep it on file but I said no please just cancel it all together, I won't be needing it. That was a huge step for me and I felt so proud of myself. I know that if I was not on Sub that would not have happened but I am still pretty happy with myself. I just wanted to share that with everyone. Not only was it the sub that helped me but I have spent the last 4 days reading everyone's post and I can't tell you all how much it has helped me. So thank you to all of you. My plan is to reduce my dose on Monday Robert so wish me luck. Thanks again for your time.

Default Reducing Down Tomorrow

Thanks again for your help Robert.....I have felt real good for the last few days. Today I felt better than I felt before I had cancer. A great day!!! I can't believe that this time last week I was taking 30 Norco 10/325 per day. Spent much of the day with my 20 months old Grandaughter. I had a ball with her and I had so much energy.....It was great! Tomorrow I will reduce to 4.5mg. I broke it down to 2.25 twice per day. I don't see my doctor again for another week so I will be reduced down one more time when I see him. I think he will be surprised but I don't think he will be upset. I printed up your schedule to bring to him when I see him next Monday....He seemed like he wanted me off of the sub sooner rather than later so I think he will be pleased. I will let you know how I do tomorrow after reducing down. After reading all your post and because I have only been on subs for a week, I don't anticipate any problems. Thanks again for your help....I hope you had a great weekend.

Default Made my own Thread

I decided to make up my own thread....It looks like this was an old one so I won't post here anymore Robert to make it easier for you to find me when I need you....I hope that is ok. My new thread is titled "Cancer Patien addicted to Norco". Thanks again Robert and I hope this new thread makes it easier for you.
    Robert_325 likes this.

FreeMe2011 is offline Member

Amazing threat you all have going. I read every post and was hoping to gain a little insight / advise myself if your willing!

Like most mine is a long story but I'll give you the thumbnail for background. A series of accidents 10 plus years ago got me into the pain killers; however, it wasn't until about 2.5 yrs ago that I took the steps to get out of chronic by going the pain management route and more of a daily opiate regimen. the first 1.5 years was really a test with my family doctor to see if daily opiates would help me out, which of course did but it was 5mg percocet and I was worried about the acetametophine (sp). So last year I went to a pain mngt clinic. I actually thought it would be more wholistic not in terms of medicine but in terms of suggesting things alternate treatments like chiropractics or acupuncture and perhaps take another stab at what is actually wrong (which I've spent years chasing) but of course it was focused mainly on meds. I can go deeper but thats the gist.

So at my most I was on about 130mg/day oxy and weened myself down to about 30 and just could stick with the taper. I had an impt trip and just couldn't withdrawal so I went on the subs. I'm on week 3 at 8 mg day but have had some cravings during high stress times and have taken a sliver to a half more on occasion.

Like a lot of posts I am scared to death to get hooked on these and have to WD. I just cant do it! Need to be 100% all the time. My question is can I jump now or stick it out one more month at say a 2nd dose and do a month ween? I want to write more but wife has ordered me to bed it is late but will fill in any gaps tomorrow. I really do appreciate any help or suggestions.
    FM

FM2011,

I can totally relate to your situation on many levels...both the pain situation, the addiction and now the subs. I was terrified to make the switch to Subs and had a bad experience the first week...but then everything got easier. If the 8mg is holding off withdrawl then the sliver isn't doing anything other than making you THINK you feel better. The half life of Suboxone is 3 days so if you are good at 8mg that is all you need. Read Robert_325's post on Featured Drugs (sticky) to understand how to taper. It is going to take longer than a month but if you don't want to suffer just do what he says. I started at 16 mg's exactly one year ago today and tapered over 11 months to .20mg and then made the jump to zero on 1/12/11. It was not as bad as I expected (feared) Follow the instructions, don't try to figure it out for yourself. If you were at 30 mg of Oxy before you switched I wouldn't be surprised if you can go to 4mg without feeling a thing. I'm rooting for you.

-J

Thanks J.

I just posted under another threat thinking this was dead. It's f'in he'll isn't it! My deal now is I'm thinking I can just jump. I've only been on 8-12mg (10mg, I agree likely making me think I need but have been feeling off in evening) per day for three weeks straight. One month total with a week in between with no sub but I did take some hydro since I started to WD. Not sure if from sub that early or still the pain pills after one week.

I guess my question now is how will it be with only being on This dose for three weeks. Can I just be done? I have three pills left can I break them up in quarters or talk just 4mg per day for 4 days and be rid?

Man, I'm so scared. Have two young kids and crazy busy job right now. I can't be in that way. And I know all here know what I'm talking about.

Thanks so much for your support. I've read literally thousands of threads and ended here. The group seems so solid!
    FM

Hi J,

Still poring over the threads tonight I came across your story. Wow! Great work and I too wish you all the best. I'm scared but I recognize it could always be a lot worse. I'm just hoping in my case being on this stuff for a month I can be done.

I won't say that I haven't abused opiates even though I have legit pain issues only that I have zero fear for getting back on so I don't need the subs just can't do the with drawl which is why I went on them. Not being totally clear since it is 2:30 am (my little boy was puking tonight and was cleaning up and couldn't sleep). But I have no desire or even a way to get back on the pills. I will update here or in the other post.
    Thanks all for your caring attitude and hopefully forthcoming advice. Crazy what a little pill can do.
    fM
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2011 at 07:53 AM.

picablue is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe2011 View Post
    I have three pills left can I break them up in quarters or talk just 4mg per day for 4 days and be rid?
    Based on the other threads here jumping from 4mg of subs to nothing will result in withdraws. They will take a day or two to get started if you're anything like Jboss. (look for his thread I'll try to get a link)

You probably need more than just two pills to do a painless taper that will keep you from being sick.

I have been on subs for one week at 5mgs and I will taper for about 60 days.

stanton31 is offline New Member

okay
    i have that same problem with oxy viccoden. so do you think suboxone will help?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast