Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes
Suboxone Taper
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Nice to see you posting again yes and hopefully you can begin to taper soon. I see where you might drop to 5 mg tomorrow so my best wishes to you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

keepgoing1959 is offline New Member

it sounds like you need to get with your doctor on a regimented taper. Give the Suboxone to your wife so you can't cheat. STRUGGLE to get through the >>>>>> evenings with no more med until the am. It's part of the process, unfortunately. I'm Day 18 now Sub free and things are DEFINITELY getting better each day now. I too have a patient wife. Thank the Lord for her keeping my Sub so I couldn't cheat. Hang in there and keep going: NO CHEATING!

amydogs is offline Member

Hi my name is Amy I have only been on Suboxone for about 2 weeks and I want to be done. My dr. put me on the 8mg\2mg strips for under your tongue 1 in the am and 1 in the pm so 16 total a day. I read about Robert_325 taper. How do I drop by the 25% every 4 days with strips. Do I cute the strip into 4 and only take 3\4 in the am and do the same take 3\4 of a strip in the pm wait 4 days and go to 1\2 am and pm wait 4 days and so on? Thank you all in advance. I don't know how to use this site I'm sorry not great with website like this. Where do I look for a response from someone? Thank you blessing .
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by amydogs View Post
    Hi my name is Amy I have only been on Suboxone for about 2 weeks and I want to be done. My dr. put me on the 8mg\2mg strips for under your tongue 1 in the am and 1 in the pm so 16 total a day. I read about Robert_325 taper. How do I drop by the 25% every 4 days with strips. Do I cute the strip into 4 and only take 3\4 in the am and do the same take 3\4 of a strip in the pm wait 4 days and go to 1\2 am and pm wait 4 days and so on? Thank you all in advance. I don't know how to use this site I'm sorry not great with website like this. Where do I look for a response from someone? Thank you blessing .
    Amy,

Welcome to the forum. You have found a good place to learn how to achieve your goal of becoming drug free. The first step of reaching out is complete. The next step is for you to start your own thread. Tell us a little about yourself and why your here. Once the thread is started you will get information and support from senior members.

If you goal is to painlessly taper from suboxone you are in the right place.

Follow this link. https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Start new thread. That's all there is to it.

Welcome and good luck,

Lincoln

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Actually, go to https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/ and click on + new thread

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Amy, why don't you start your own thread here so we can help easiy?

16mg. is way too much. You've been on for 14 days? I'd try to drop to 12mg. right away. Go to 6mg. in the am and 6mg. in the PM, right now you have enough sub in your system you should be able to drop that much quickly without hardly feeling it. If you have a problem let us know. From there, get stable on the 12mg. per day. That shouldn't take long and then you can drop to 10mg. and from there we'll go down by the .25%. Check out google.com images for an image showing how to cut the strips. You don't have to worry about the little doses yet.I hate when docs put someone on that high of a dose of subs, totally unnecessary.

If you need me to, I'll post a thread for for you.

Peace,

Iloerose

You're going to get this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123