Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hcrk
Suboxone taper
    Hcrk is offline New Member

Default Suboxone taper

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have been doing a very gradual Suboxone taper for the past few months. I've kind of stalled in the last few weeks because I'm starting a PhD program in chemistry and had a lot of changes this summer with moving to a new place, not knowing anyone, etc.

I'm definitely feeling motivated to get back to it. I just dropped from 4 mg to 3 mg seven days ago and might make the drop to two within the next few days. Long story short I used pills for about eight years and I've been on Suboxone for about three or four years.

I mostly looking for somewhere I can get a voice, talk to people, I hear others' experiences as I go through this. I tried this before on a different forum and got a lot of contradictory advice/direction, but the vibe and mood here seems pretty awesome. I've been feeling OK throughout the taper so far, just a little bit of stress and anxiety but I'm sure a lot of that comes from the wholesale changes in my life not related to Suboxone recently. As I'm sure most people know here, most of this anxiety comes from my own head and thinking about things too much. I went through stretch where I decided I wanted to continue taking the sub long term, but I know that's not in my best interest and not what I really want to and thinking about things too much. I went through stretch where I decided I wanted to continue taking the sub long term, but I know that's not in my best interest and not what I really want.

I'm not really a frequent Internet user, but I want to try to post your occasionally and keep up on it to record my progress, get advice, and possibly get motivation when I don't feel like it. Thanks to anyone replies! I have to get to sleep… Entrance exams start tomorrow.

-K
    UncleLeo and Misty234 like this.

Hcrk is offline New Member

Sorry if some of my posts don't make any sense. I usually use voice command on my phone, and don't always doublecheck

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hcrk View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have been doing a very gradual Suboxone taper for the past few months. I've kind of stalled in the last few weeks because I'm starting a PhD program in chemistry and had a lot of changes this summer with moving to a new place, not knowing anyone, etc.

I'm definitely feeling motivated to get back to it. I just dropped from 4 mg to 3 mg seven days ago and might make the drop to two within the next few days. Long story short I used pills for about eight years and I've been on Suboxone for about three or four years.

I mostly looking for somewhere I can get a voice, talk to people, I hear others' experiences as I go through this. I tried this before on a different forum and got a lot of contradictory advice/direction, but the vibe and mood here seems pretty awesome. I've been feeling OK throughout the taper so far, just a little bit of stress and anxiety but I'm sure a lot of that comes from the wholesale changes in my life not related to Suboxone recently. As I'm sure most people know here, most of this anxiety comes from my own head and thinking about things too much. I went through stretch where I decided I wanted to continue taking the sub long term, but I know that's not in my best interest and not what I really want to and thinking about things too much. I went through stretch where I decided I wanted to continue taking the sub long term, but I know that's not in my best interest and not what I really want.

I'm not really a frequent Internet user, but I want to try to post your occasionally and keep up on it to record my progress, get advice, and possibly get motivation when I don't feel like it. Thanks to anyone replies! I have to get to sleep… Entrance exams start tomorrow.

-K
    Welcome to the forum. Check this thread out - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Don't worry about the induction part, just follow the rest of the plan as outlined and you should do great! Hundreds if not thousands have used Robert's sub taper plan with great success! I'll be back in the forums a little later, keep your thread updated and let us know if you have any specific questions or concerns? Lots of awesome people here that will be by to help and support you! Take care... God bless us all!

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Welcome - you made the first steps already. Committing to going sub free, starting your taper already, and of course opening your own thread You're on your way.

PhD program...oh man, it's somethin about opiates and the active (or over-active mind), it's like bees to honey, we can't turn it off. Blessing and curse.

So feel free to start posting, you've got a link to the framework for what to do. Will just want to work on the timing of the end so you're not in exams or what have you at the end of your taper (try to free up a month or so and make it a priority, you'll be so happy you did after it's done). Hang in there!

Misty234 is offline Member

Smile

Hi Hrck,

Welcome to the forum this is a great place for advice and support you'll be glad you started a thread here. Keeps us posted on your progress and remember there is no need to rush anything it sounds like your on the right track so keep on going. The people her are really great and will help you on your journey. Have a good evening and keep posting here it really does help....Take Care...Lisa