Sunshine3737 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone taper

Need help tapering off suboxone.
    Stuck on .25 mg

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine3737 View Post
    Stuck on .25 mg
    I would be glad to help you. Just leave a reply to this post so I know that you are checking back in? Once I see a reply I'll leave you a more detailed post on how to proceed with your taper?

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Stuck on .25 mg
    Hello Sunshine...
    I see you have been a member here for awhile now. Give us a little background on what and how much you are using? We are here to support you...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello Sunshine...
    I see you have been a member here for awhile now. Give us a little background on what and how much you are using? We are here to support you...
    Lvg, didn't you read their post? They are taking .25mg of Suboxone per day! Now the real question is whether or not they check back in and reply?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-08-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Lvg, didn't you read their post? They are taking .25mg of Suboxone per day! Now the real question is whether or not they check back in and reply?
    Hi Ricky...
    Yes I read the post Which states stuck at. 25mg subs...
    I guess my response should have been did you taper how much and how long and what were you using...
    I really should have said.....

Hello Sunshine welcome to the forum we are all here to support you...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello Sunshine...
    Hi, Thanks for replying. Yes i joined a while ago, but never posted. I have been taking suboxone for about 2.5 yrs. I have always been on a low dose. I originally started taking it bc I was on it a few years ago to get off opiates and it helped with my cravings for food. i have Binge eating disorder. I had a hard time getting off the subs back then also. It just so happened that I had a neck injury that required me to take opiates and that solve that problem. I was going to AA at the time and I had a friend hold them for me. I had to take them for a few months and they weaned me off of them. So when my eating disorder flared up again in desperation I tried subs again.
    The most i have ever taken was 1.5-2mg a day. I know this is a low dose and most people would say just jump, but I tried to and had pretty bad wd's. My body just doesn't seem to want to let it go. I tried cutting down by 1/2 of 1/8, and I had no energy.
    I am 65 y/o and still work full time, plus run a household. So i don't have time to lay around and be weak. Plus I don't have too much energy to start with. I was thinking of trying to cut the 1/2 of 1/8 in half and give that a shot. oh also i guess you should know I am using 2mg strips. But even 2mg strips are hard to cut down so small.

Hi, Thanks for replying. Yes i joined a while ago, but never posted. I have been taking suboxone for about 2.5 yrs. I have always been on a low dose. I originally started taking it bc I was on it a few years ago to get off opiates and it helped with my cravings for food. i have Binge eating disorder. I had a hard time getting off the subs back then also. It just so happened that I had a neck injury that required me to take opiates and that solve that problem. I was going to AA at the time and I had a friend hold them for me. I had to take them for a few months and they weaned me off of them. So when my eating disorder flared up again in desperation I tried subs again.
    The most i have ever taken was 1.5-2mg a day. I know this is a low dose and most people would say just jump, but I tried to and had pretty bad wd's. My body just doesn't seem to want to let it go. I tried cutting down by 1/2 of 1/8, and I had no energy.
    I am 65 y/o and still work full time, plus run a household. So i don't have time to lay around and be weak. Plus I don't have too much energy to start with. I was thinking of trying to cut the 1/2 of 1/8 in half and give that a shot. oh also i guess you should know I am using 2mg strips. But even 2mg strips are hard to cut down so small.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi Sunshine,

Just wanted to stop by & give you a Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get the help & support You need & to vent, whine, & cry. We all understand what it’s like so absolutely no judgment.

I don’t have any personal experience with subs so I’ll let the experts handle all that & I’ll be here for support. Things are just a bit slow around here so if you havent already give a look at the Thomas Recipe for a list of vitamins that can help while your going through this. If you have any questions just give us a holla.

Luv & Light,
    Che

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey sunshine. Welcome!!! I'm so glad you didn't just jump from 1.5-2mg. Yikes. I myself jumped from 1mg of subs and suffered for 2-3 months before I really turned the corner. Subs are crazy strong some estimate it to be 30 times stronger than morphine. And it has a very long half life so it stays in your body for a very long time. That is why we recommend a slow and steady taper. Reductions every4-7 days when you are stable (no w/d symptoms). I see you are stuck at .25 mg. You have 2 options from this point. You can continue to taper down. Which your next reduction will be .188mg roughly. (Sorry I don't have my calculator) or you can work the skip days process and jump. The skip days are very helpful. They help the built up sub in your system to slowly dissipate and it makes for a softer landing. Also it trains your body to not expect that future dose. The way it works is you dose, skip a day, dose, skip 2 days, dose, skip 3 days, dose, and that's it. You're done.

I'd recommend reading the sub taper plan if you haven't already. It's at the very top of this sub forum. Marked "sticky"

Also there is a great video on YouTube from a former member Harrysmooth which shows how to get those exact precise cuts. It really helps when you've tapered as low as you have. Give it a look.

This is your journey. We are here to support you and provide information if we can. We are all here cheering you on. You can definately do this!! Keep posting and let us know what your plans are moving forward.

Welcome again and congratulations!!!
    Beef

Yes, it's definitely time you get off the subs for good! You've been on them for a long time, ideally subs should be used for 6 months or less but most doctors won't tell you that or simply do not know!

Actually the 2mg strips will be easier to cut than the 8mg strips so you are lucky in that respect!

First off you'll want to read the Suboxone therapy thread, it's the "sticky thread" at the top of this forum, here's a direct link -
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

You can skip the induction part of the Suboxone therapy plan because you are already on subs but you'll want to read the rest of the plan several times until you understand everything completely?

Most people who get down to .25mg/day will just jump from there? Like beef said, you can perform the "dose skipping process" and then jump from your current dose or you can taper a little bit further?

An old member here named HarrySmooth made a awesome video on how to accurately cut Suboxone film, here's a direct link to the video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE
    This video instruction will help you make the smaller cuts you need if you want to taper further?

Best of luck to you! God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-09-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Thank you so much for your information and support! I really need to do this and it really inspires me to have the support.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi Sunshine-

Just dropping by to see how you’re doing. Make sure you review those links Ricky provided they are vital for a sub taper. It will provide you a way the best way to work your way down from the .25mgs your stuck at with little to no symptoms. You can also Google the Thomas Recipe (sorry no idea how to post a link) which provides a list of vitamins to help with energy.

On Your Way,

❤️
    Che

Thank you for your support. I cut down today by .03. I tried cutting down by a higher dose, but I got pretty awful wd's! I can't believe how this stuff doesn't want to let me go. I'm pretty determined this time and am willing to suffer a bit, so I'm hopeful. Thanks again !

Thank you for your support. I cut down today by .03. I tried cutting down by a higher dose, but I got pretty awful wd's! I can't believe how this stuff doesn't want to let me go. I'm pretty determined this time and am willing to suffer a bit, so I'm hopeful. Thanks again !

It's okay to make smaller cuts as long as you keep moving in the right direction! Don't become too complacent on any particular dose, once you are stable then go ahead and make your next reduction? Keep us posted? Take care... God bless us all!

Yes, I'm going to keep reducing once I'm stable. I will keep posting. Thanks again !
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Just checking in here. I'm still at the .03 mg reduction. I just can't believe how such a small reduction can make me feel. Yesterday I have a torn tendon that usually doesn't bother me much, but the pain was really bad. As a matter of fact, my whole body was hurting.
    No wonder I was stuck at .25mg.
    My sleep isn't bad though. I woke up a few times but was able to fall back to sleep. I can't wait to be done with this junk !!