Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GoingStrong2013
  • 1 Post By Catnas
suboxone taper/anxiety/neck&jaw pain
    GoingStrong2013 is offline New Member

Default suboxone taper/anxiety/neck&jaw pain

Hello everyone!! I am new to the site, I posted my story n the wrong spot before butI still received some very nice responses Man this site is a true blessing. Knowing im not alone and seeing everyone on here makes me feel SO much better. I am currently down to .25-.30 per day, dependingon how I feel. Today it was 0.3 but yesterday was 0 25. I am trying really hard. I have been an addict for 10 yrs and on Subs for about 4-5 yrs. It was NOT planned to be that long but it happened that way. I was on 8mg then 6, 4 then i decided I was so ready to kick Subs to the curb and I started my taper. It really has not been bad at all, until now. The entire process has been actually good. Nothing serious besides neck pain, jaw pain, a little insomnia. Nothing Advil won't fix. I dropped 1mg about every 2-3 weeks from 4 to 3 then to 2 then 1.5, 1, 0.75, 0.50, 0 375, now I am stuck @ 0.30 or 0 25. I am tryin to give myself more credit and say dang you've done good but im so rough on myself. The anxiety is awful. Im so nervous and just constantly thinking about everything. I appreciate the sweet responses I received earlier in a different section. I would love to hear some positive stuff!! I am trying to continue to exercise & drink water. I have almost cut Cokes or Dr Pepper completely, I drank 3 water bottles of water today. That's a lot for me!!! The jaw pain sucks. Anyone else have that? Good luck to everyone else. Seems like theres some great people on here. God Is good for giving me a 2nd chance and I want to get clean and LIVE MY LIFE and not depend on ANYTHING but the pretty sunshine & my family and things like that. Thank y'all again!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Going pick a dose and get good and stable on it and drop further if you need to. I have seen people on here go all the way down to .125 and get stable there and then do the skip days befor jumping My best wishes to you as you are getting very close to the finish line.

Alex

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I think what Alex meant was "and THEN drop further if you need to".

Congrats on getting to a low dose. Good for you! I will post more tomorrow..gotta get my son to bed.
    All the best,
    Kat

Catnas is offline New Member

Congratulations on getting so close! I have been plateaued at .50 for quite a while. Really struggling to get under that. At .25 I was having awful back and shoulder pain so today I'm at .40 and doing OK. I guess the cuts have to be tinier and tinier now? Don't give up,you're doing great!!
    I try to dose in the morning so hopefully I can sleep through the worst part of it,but now I find myself waking earlier and earlier. Good luck!

Thank yall for the responses. I swear just because I posted on here last night today I feel a little bit better it's like having people going through the same thing as you makes it a little bit easier. I feel the same way as one other poster does once you get everything out of your body you hurt and you think that something is wrong with you when its not because you're not used to those symptoms because you've been on something for so long. but I am young and healthy thanks to God and I want to keep it that way. like the anxiety, the jaw pain,the shoulder pain Exedra instead of thinking I know its from the suboxone I sometimes think I hope something else is not wrong with me when I even though I know its not.

Catnas, if I was you I would go at your own pace. U are doing great if u are down to 0.40. I once read a girl say she dropped 0.063 each tapering dose. So instead of dropping .125 do half of that. Whatever u feel comfortable doing. Me personally, I am having a hard time so I will go to a piece that I can't even taste if I have to. A lot of it is mental though,like today I woke up, did some exercises bc I did not feel good at all. Made a huge water with lemons in it, and kept telling myself I am OK!!! And took 600mg Advil. And I actually feel good right now. Please keep me updated on ur progress, good luck to you!!!
    MadMax03801 likes this.

Shoulder pain, etc** is what I meant! The anxiety is really what's kicking my ass honestly. I read that the endorphins in your brainare numbed to a lot of emotions when on opiates or subs, so when u stop u have to learn how to deal w things again. Whew its rough. Im nervous all the time.

Thank you Goingstrong! You're right,a steady cut of tiny doses and we will get there.
    Speaking for myself,I am hyper aware of the smallest symptom so anything that can occupy your brain (like exercise) is a great idea. Anxiety is by FAR the worst symptom for me too and I think exercise is very helpful for that. Hang in there and best of luck. You've got this!
    MadMax03801 likes this.

I meant to ask,are you taking any supplements or comfort meds,such as Clonodine? Clonodine might really help you out right now. It does add to the exhausted feeling though.

auburn girl is offline Member

Hi there, I see you found the suboxone board. Looks like you're doing pretty good! I agree with Alex and Kat, you should pick a dose, whether it be .25 or .3 and stick with it a few days and see if your symptoms get any better. Going up in your dose a lot will just mess you up. It may take you a little longer since you have been on subs so long. I already told you but I went down to .125 before I jumped off. I'm sorry you're having anxiety. I know that feeling and it is not fun. Hopefully it will go away on it's own in time. Try to keep your mind busy, I know it's hard. I was "looking" for any sign of wd and really over thinking it. Anyway, you have a great mindset and I know you can do this! Good luck!

How are you feeling Goingstrong? I hope you're hanging in there. You are sooo close!

Goingstrong,I keep checking back for you. I hope you're doing ok. If you needed to back up a little don't feel bad...listen to your body. You can do this though! I'm on day 3 no Sub and it's not that bad,I swear!
    I believe the taper is really the key. Best of luck to you my friend!

I was having insane anxiety and panic.. I just started sub from a insane when I say insane percocet addiction.... I was taking 600mg a day. Today I'm on day 5 sub and I also have insane tmj and bacterial vaginosis. This all stems from anxiety... So today I took my b12 and my vitamin c and my frolic acid. Vitamins and eating right are so important for your withdrawl. I'm going to start a forum on this. I instantly felt the diffarence. Feel good and keep strong!

MadMax03801 is offline Banned

Hey GoingStrong! You are doing great, really. To be at such a low dose is in itself an accomplishment! When I first began my taper I was at 8 mg. Every 6-7 days I went down a mg until I got to 5. Even though I felt a lot better before each time I dropped down again, I think I still may've gotten a little ahead of myself. This is because once I got to 4, which was a big goal of mine, I was surprised at the extra time it seemed to take for me to stabilize out. I tried my best not to get discouraged, but it does get difficult sometimes, I'll admit (even at the relatively high dose I'm at.) After a couple weeks at 4 mg though, I really started to feel better, better than I had felt in a loooong time, in fact. I felt encouraged.

Enough about me, sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. At the super low dose you're at, I would guess that really taking a lot of time at each dose is the trick. Believe me, I am of the same mind-set though, I just want to finish and be totally there. Seriously though, congratulate yourself on the super low dose you are taking. It's truly an accomplishment, I look up to you. My best advice might be nice hot baths, as hot as you can find comfortable. I hadn't taken a bath in years (I know, the smell right? JK) but started after reading Auburngirl's advice on it. They are great! Thanks Auburngirl. And thank you for posting, Goingstrong, hang in there. We all have a common goal and we are all rooting for YOU!

MadMax03801 is offline Banned

I forgot to mention one thing. My couple's therapist loaned me a book, "The Mindful Way Through Depression." Even though the focus is on depression, I think it applies well to anxiety, for myself at least. Honestly, I think even people without recognizable anxiety/depression could benefit from it. Basically, it helps teach breathing meditation and explain how it can so helpful, especially when we are constantly "in our heads." That's me to a T. I bought myself a copy of it on Amazon (comes with a CD for meditating with too) for about $12. It has been well worth it. I finally feel like I might be making some lasting progress in my constant struggle with melancholy and depression, no meds attached!! Thank God!

Hi MadMax, I literally teared up when I read your post. Seeing someone say they are rooting for me is amazing. When you cant talk to people around you about your problems, it makes it very hard. Thank you so much! And you are doing great too! So you are down to 4mg per day? That is really great you have cut your dose in half. Since the last time I posted I have actually gotten down to about 0.1875, or close to it. Its so hard to measure the tiny pieces. I take 0.625mg in the morning and 0.625 mid day. Then half of a 0.625 piece in the evening. Somehow even tho the pieces are so small, it seems to help. I am starting to feel so much better. Lots of people say to go fast but I say it depends on the person. My taper has been about 8 months long. I know its a long time but it has not been terrible so I am glad I've gone slow. I am unsure where and when I'll jump, probably at 0.625 to be honest. I want to go as small as possible before I do it. I read so many horror stories and was scared too death. But it really honestly has not been bad. I am so thankful that the past few days I have actually felt completely normal for the first time in forever. And thank you for the reference on the book! I would love to buy one and read it. Anything is worth a try and I could use that. A lot of it is in the mind. If you can relax and make ur mind think youre okay I think its a crazy difference. I am so glad for you, no meds!! That is so wonderful. You are doing great. Do u plan on tapering really slow all the way down or fast? Thanks for posting everything and good luck to you. Keep posting!!

Hi iwanttobeclean, good for you moving away from the Percocet. Thats a big step in itself. I remember when I first did that I felt like I had made a big step and I did! My only advice to you is to not be on subs as long as I was. I've read a lot that the longer you take it, the harder it is to kick it. Im not saying rush off of it, but you'll know when ur ready. I also take vitamins and you are so right they help!! Exercise is also such a key. Ive also hated exercising but during my taper I have grown to love it. It helps me feel better.Drinking lots of water and exercising and staying ppositive. Good luck to you!!

dpk21976 is offline New Member

Hi I see that this is a pretty old thread but I still wanted to reply. Congrats to everyone who is on their way to a clean healthy life! I am in the middle of my taper I've been a hard core addict and alcoholic for 25 years I've been on suboxone for a little over a year at 16mgs a day. I'm am down to 2 mgs a day now it has taken me 50 days to get here and my plan is to be completely free and not have to depend on anything. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my life. So anyway I've been at 2 mgs for 10 days everything was going pretty well until this morning I woke up at 5am like a switch went off in my head and I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin it is one of the most uncomfortable sensations ever. I had to take my kids to the dentist and not being able to function I took double the dose, 4mgs. I was upset that I did this but I am going to stick with this, go back to the drawing board and rewrite my taper schedule. I think I got a bit aggressive with my taper. So tomorrow I will start fresh, take it slow, one day at a time. I have one suggestion to some of you guys that is, I personally found it alot easier to take my whole dose first thing when I wake up. I takes away the thinking about my meds factor. I take it then I know I'm good until the next morning. I wish you all the best. Keep on trucking!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dpk21976 View Post
    Hi I see that this is a pretty old thread but I still wanted to reply. Congrats to everyone who is on their way to a clean healthy life! I am in the middle of my taper I've been a hard core addict and alcoholic for 25 years I've been on suboxone for a little over a year at 16mgs a day. I'm am down to 2 mgs a day now it has taken me 50 days to get here and my plan is to be completely free and not have to depend on anything. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my life. So anyway I've been at 2 mgs for 10 days everything was going pretty well until this morning I woke up at 5am like a switch went off in my head and I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin it is one of the most uncomfortable sensations ever. I had to take my kids to the dentist and not being able to function I took double the dose, 4mgs. I was upset that I did this but I am going to stick with this, go back to the drawing board and rewrite my taper schedule. I think I got a bit aggressive with my taper. So tomorrow I will start fresh, take it slow, one day at a time. I have one suggestion to some of you guys that is, I personally found it alot easier to take my whole dose first thing when I wake up. I takes away the thinking about my meds factor. I take it then I know I'm good until the next morning. I wish you all the best. Keep on trucking!
    Hey there, welcome.

Are you following the taper plan we have here? Hope so! It's worked for countless people (including me).

If you have your mind made up to stay at 4mg for now, make sure you take it at the same time every day. This is crucial. If you're not familiar with our taper plan, let me know. I'll give you the details.

Also, it would be best to start your own thread on this board. Click the back button. At the top left it says "start new thread".

All the best,
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-28-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingStrong2013 View Post
    Hello everyone!! I am new to the site, I posted my story n the wrong spot before butI still received some very nice responses Man this site is a true blessing. Knowing im not alone and seeing everyone on here makes me feel SO much better. I am currently down to .25-.30 per day, dependingon how I feel. Today it was 0.3 but yesterday was 0 25. I am trying really hard. I have been an addict for 10 yrs and on Subs for about 4-5 yrs. It was NOT planned to be that long but it happened that way. I was on 8mg then 6, 4 then i decided I was so ready to kick Subs to the curb and I started my taper. It really has not been bad at all, until now. The entire process has been actually good. Nothing serious besides neck pain, jaw pain, a little insomnia. Nothing Advil won't fix. I dropped 1mg about every 2-3 weeks from 4 to 3 then to 2 then 1.5, 1, 0.75, 0.50, 0 375, now I am stuck @ 0.30 or 0 25. I am tryin to give myself more credit and say dang you've done good but im so rough on myself. The anxiety is awful. Im so nervous and just constantly thinking about everything. I appreciate the sweet responses I received earlier in a different section. I would love to hear some positive stuff!! I am trying to continue to exercise & drink water. I have almost cut Cokes or Dr Pepper completely, I drank 3 water bottles of water today. That's a lot for me!!! The jaw pain sucks. Anyone else have that? Good luck to everyone else. Seems like theres some great people on here. God Is good for giving me a 2nd chance and I want to get clean and LIVE MY LIFE and not depend on ANYTHING but the pretty sunshine & my family and things like that. Thank y'all again!
    I have my own custom made taper plan that my doctor gave me. I don't plan to stay at 4 mgs I plan on taking the 2 mgs that I have been taking for the past 10 days and probably stay on that a little longer than my plan is has me scheduled for before I drop again. Thanks!

I have my own custom made taper plan that my doctor gave me. I don't plan to stay at 4 mgs I plan on taking the 2 mgs that I have been taking for the past 10 days and probably stay on that a little longer than my plan is has me scheduled for before I drop again. Thanks!