Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Suboxone taper please help
    xXNad0Xx is offline New Member

Default Suboxone taper please help

This is the third one that I️ have tried to make. I don’t know why it’s not working. So let’s try I️t again. A little background. I️ have been an IV H user since I️ was 16. Been in and out of treatments and I️ had 4 years clean and sober using meetings, sponsor, and working the steps. Went through some really hard times and I️ relapsed. Went straight back to H and was on a pretty bad habit of about 4g a day. Did that for about 7 months. Hated every day of I️t. Went back to detox on November 21 of this year. The doctors put me on subs, 6mg 3 Times a day. Everyday they would cut the amount in half till I️ was down to 2mg once a day and they discharged me. First day off subs I️ felt alright, till I️ went to sleep. I️ was drenched in sweat and felt like I️ was half asleep all night tossing and turning. By the morning I️ was back to full blown withdrawals. I️ called my CDRP doctor and they put me back on subs. 3mg a day, 2mg in the am and 1mg in the pm. I️ don’t want to be on anything and I️m ready to quit. I️ have skipped a lot of details because I’m driving while writing this. I️ feel very comfortable on 3mg so I️m ready to drop the dose. I️ have read Roberts taper plan and I️ really want to follow that to the best of my ability. So if anyone could help me out I️ would really appreciate it. Let me know I️f I️ missed anything important so I️ can respond and give you the info you need. Thank you guys!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-08-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXNad0Xx View Post
    This is the third one that I️ have tried to make. I don’t know why it’s not working. So let’s try I️t again. A little background. I️ have been an IV H user since I️ was 16. Been in and out of treatments and I️ had 4 years clean and sober using meetings, sponsor, and working the steps. Went through some really hard times and I️ relapsed. Went straight back to H and was on a pretty bad habit of about 4g a day. Did that for about 7 months. Hated every day of I️t. Went back to detox on November 21 of this year. The doctors put me on subs, 6mg 3 Times a day. Everyday they would cut the amount in half till I️ was down to 2mg once a day and they discharged me. First day off subs I️ felt alright, till I️ went to sleep. I️ was drenched in sweat and felt like I️ was half asleep all night tossing and turning. By the morning I️ was back to full blown withdrawals. I️ called my CDRP doctor and they put me back on subs. 3mg a day, 2mg in the am and 1mg in the pm. I️ don’t want to be on anything and I️m ready to quit. I️ have skipped a lot of details because I’m driving while writing this. I️ feel very comfortable on 3mg so I️m ready to drop the dose. I️ have read Roberts taper plan and I️ really want to follow that to the best of my ability. So if anyone could help me out I️ would really appreciate it. Let me know I️f I️ missed anything important so I️ can respond and give you the info you need. Thank you guys!!

Welcome!

We can certainly help you with the taper off the subs. Following Robert's plan closely has produced thousands of success stories. I'm one of them and you can be too. You say you're very comfortable on 3mg so why not reduce by 25% down to 2.25mg daily. Spend at least 4 days on that dose and if very comfortable/stable then drop on the 5th day by 25% down to 1.75mg (rounded off) per day. If you're not comfortable after 4 days then keep taking that dose another day or two then reduce if stable. Follow that protocol until you're down to at least .25mg per day. You can either jump at that point, do the day skipping process, or reduce lower like many have done. You can decide once you get there.

Keep posting often so we know how you're feeling. Lots of help and support here for you.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Welcome!

We can certainly help you with the taper off the subs. Following Robert's plan closely has produced thousands of success stories. I'm one of them and you can be too. You say you're very comfortable on 3mg so why not reduce by 25% down to 2.25mg daily. Spend at least 4 days on that dose and if very comfortable/stable then drop on the 5th day by 25% down to 1.75mg (rounded off) per day. If you're not comfortable after 4 days then keep taking that dose another day or two then reduce if stable. Follow that protocol until you're down to at least .25mg per day. You can either jump at that point, do the day skipping process, or reduce lower like many have done. You can decide once you get there.

Keep posting often so we know how you're feeling. Lots of help and support here for you.

Randy
    Ok I️ can do that. Tomorrow I’ll jump down to 2mg. I️ can make I️t to that point I️ think with no problems. Then at that point I️ can start going down 25% every 4 days. Thank you bud. I️ appreciate your help.

So I’ve taken 2 mg today and I️m feeling pretty good. Nothing noticeable yet.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

That's great. Follow that taper plan and this will be behind you in no time. No rush. Do it right so you won't have to do it again. You got this!!! Keep up the good work!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Walkley822 is offline Member

That’s awesome! Keep up the good work. You got this!

Jaxdave2013 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXNad0Xx View Post
    Ok I️ can do that. Tomorrow I’ll jump down to 2mg. I️ can make I️t to that point I️ think with no problems. Then at that point I️ can start going down 25% every 4 days. Thank you bud. I️ appreciate your help.
    Just a heads up on what you might expect. I went through three corrective back surgeries, each making my condition worse and was forced into pain management. I spent (wasted) several years being dosed with the max levels of fentanyl and oxy. I got tired of missing days, not remember people I'd meet just days prior and decided to switch to Suboxone to manage my pain. To switch, I had to first withdraw from the opiates. After a couple rough days, I started the Suboxone and it was great. No highs and lows, a very even keeled feeling and it addressed my pain.

I was on Suboxone for @ 3 years, started tapering down in October and took my last 1/8th dosage approximately a week ago. I didn't do my research, assumed the withdrawal would be like before and I was completely unprepared. This last week has been miserable... Aches and pains, stomach cramping, diarrhea, zero appetite, insomnia, etc.. The only positive. I'm feeling a tad better as each day passes and my back pain is still about the same. If I had to do it over again, I would have planned it over a long weekend, taken vacation time, etc.. Obviously everyone responds differently based on age, general health, length on the drug and dosage. This is simply a heads up for when you're ready to stop altogether. There are several support threads here with great tips and advice as well. I just wish I would have read them earlier!

Best of luck!