Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mommy222Be
Suboxone taper pregnancy, safe to jump?
    Mommy222Be is offline New Member

Default Suboxone taper pregnancy, safe to jump?

Hi guys! I have been reading a ton about suboxone tapers while pregnant on her but am having trouble locating a particular answer to a question I have.

Omg it submitted before I could even write anything lol

Hi guys! I have been reading a ton about suboxone tapers while pregnant on her but am having trouble locating a particular answer to a question I have.
    First, my background:
    I have been on buprenorphine for over 3 years. At my highest dose, approx. 16 or 20mg a day. I have a 2 year old daughter I had while on about 4mg of sub, no withdrawal symptoms for the baby or anything so that is good! Well now I am pregnant again, about 5 weeks and am toward the end of my taper! (Yay!!) I am on .25 mg daily now, and just stabilized in the last day or so. I think I will be more comfortable decreasing to .125mg before skipping days.
    So my question is, when is the safest time to jump during pregnancy? I know the first trimester is when miscarriage is most likely to happen so I'm worried that it may be too early and I might miscarry. I won't even be seeing a doctor until I'm 8 weeks along of course and they don't know a thing about suboxone anyway lol.
    I really want to be off these things sooner than later!
    Thanks in advance,
    Ashley
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

Hi Ashley,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and good for you being at the end of a taper already! I hear your concerns and understand wanting to be done with this for good. I agree that chance of miscarriage in the first trimester is higher but if you are stable like you said and you reduce slowly like you have been you're going to be ok and most importantly so will baby. You know to listen to your body and when you're feeling it's too intense or uncomfortable to slow down and get stable. You could also taper lower than .125 if that makes you more comfortable.. I am 27 days sub free and due on March 21st, I wish you the best and keep me updated on how you're doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelle1stbb View Post
    Hi Ashley,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and good for you being at the end of a taper already! I hear your concerns and understand wanting to be done with this for good. I agree that chance of miscarriage in the first trimester is higher but if you are stable like you said and you reduce slowly like you have been you're going to be ok and most importantly so will baby. You know to listen to your body and when you're feeling it's too intense or uncomfortable to slow down and get stable. You could also taper lower than .125 if that makes you more comfortable.. I am 27 days sub free and due on March 21st, I wish you the best and keep me updated on how you're doing!
    Hey Rachelle!
    Thank you for getting back to me!!
    Congratulations on 27 days clean!! Super proud of you!! How have you been feeling??
    I finally decided on making the jump before I hit 7 weeks.. I read that baby has a protective yolk until about then and between 7 and 12 weeks is when miscarriage is most likely because the placenta forms. I am on day three of .0125 and I feel pretty good considering! My main symptom has been inability to sleep well, but haven't even had any RLS which is my most dreaded symptom! I am planning for my last day on sub to be Saturday, although depending on how I feel may try the skip days or just jump altogether. I'm off Sunday and if needed can take sick days mon/Tues if I don't get any sleep. I can't work sleepy, I have to deal with way too many people and I am the big boss so I would just end up snapping at my amazing employees and managers which is not fair to them lol.
    Anyway I will definitely keep you posted but would love to hear more about how your final few days on sub went!!
    Ashley