Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tyre
  • 1 Post By Ming23
Suboxone withdrawal please help
    tyre is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawal please help

I have been poking around on this website all evening up all night probably im withdrawal I posted in another section and then I found this link to start your own thread so I'm starting my own thread thank you whoever I got this from I go back and look but I'm afraid I would never find this spot again I did post somewhere in this section but as I said in my post I needed help starting a new thread and I've had a stroke and computers are very hard for me so I hope I can find this post in the future

on with the story

I have degenerative disc disorder broken facets arthritis in my wrist ankles and degenerative knees I've been on painkillers since I was 30 I am now 59 I started my detox back in may 2016 I started at 120 milligrams of Opana and 30 milligrams of oxy for breakthrough pain that was a horrible withdrawal and they put me on Clonidine once I got down to a minimal dose of Opana they switched me over to Suboxone and 8 milligrams a day I couldn't stand it so all by myself I reduced it down to 4 milligrams a day that was a month and a half ago about 3 weeks ago I started reducing that down by a milligram a week because of my stroke I can't keep track of time so I keep track of my medbox I take many different kinds of meds so I can manage diabetic meds high blood pressure meds exedra so I reduce it once a week when my Med box is empty today I'm going to .75 milligrams I realize that I'm already in a type of withdrawal and decided to put my clonidine patch back on even though my pain doc told me when I started the Suboxone to take it off it is already helping my pain doc said then when I went off the suboxin he will put me back on Percocet because I have been so out of control with my pain or maybe it's withdrawal I don't know I know he's going to do an injection in my spine he's already done ablation surgeries I've had seven in the last 10 years I keep managing my pain using multitude of modalities acupuncture massage hot bath ice and just spray something like Bengay I truly don't think I'm addicted I do know that I'm dependent I've always been able to take my medication according to prescription and not take anymore or mess with it I don't crave the drugs I've never liked them I don't like being dissociated but I hate being in pain and makes me nutty in the head after reading the forum for a while I realized it all I have to do is multiply .25 by the amount that I'm currently taking to get the next dose that I need to take when I reduce it so I have learned from tje reading in the forum last evening can't sleep but I would like support on this adventure I have managed to give up a three-pack-a-day cigarette habit and then major dependency on Klonopin and Ativan so I know I will be able to get through this too thank you so much for all that you've already given me
    Ming23 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I'm really sorry to hear of your health issues. Must be quite difficult to manage all those medications and be in pain. My heart goes out to you.

So, your doctor is going to put you back on Percocet? Is that what you want as well? If so, there's no need to torture yourself by going through a Suboxone withdrawal or taper. You're already down to .75 mg Sub, right? You could easily just stop the Sub altogether and get back on the Percocet. Does your doctor know you're down to .75 mg? I guess I just don't understand why he/she is making you taper off for so long if you're gonna go right back to Perc?

Kat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Tyre
    If it were me, I would just finish the sub taper and give the body some time to heal and repair itself. The brain too.
    You can always return to percoset hell. Don't rush it.
    What your doctor said is what my doctor said too "what will u do for pain if you detox"? Well, i use ibuprofen sometimes.
    Btw, i also have a grocery list of disorders. Lol. Nonetheless, i have found that many symptoms were a direct result of long term pain killer use! Cloudy mind especially! I got to the point where i became confused about how to put on certain articles of clothing. Thought i was losing my mind.
    Give yourself a fighting chance before you follow that advice to get hooked on pain pills again! The doctor means well but the pills build up in the body and mind and create more problems than we had to begin with. If the pills worked so well, We wouldn't be needing such high doses of them for forever!
    The pain is real but it is aggravated by long term drug use.
    Again--give yourself a chance! Finish the taper. You have the rest of your life to consider.
    Post when you can. Rooting for you!
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    What your doctor said is what my doctor said too "what will u do for pain if you detox"? Well, i use ibuprofen sometimes.

Btw, i also have a grocery list of disorders. Lol. Nonetheless, i have found that many symptoms were a direct result of long term pain killer use! Cloudy mind especially! I got to the point where i became confused about how to put on certain articles of clothing. Thought i was losing my mind.

If the pills worked so well, We wouldn't be needing such high doses of them for forever!

Hey Ming, so, so true what you said here about painkillers. I wish everyone could understand this. Took me a while to figure out the pills WERE the problem with the pain I THOUGHT I had in my knee. I fully believe they shouldn't be prescribed for more than 2, perhaps 3 weeks for pain issues other than end of life situations. Might just help with so many addictions.

Well said, Ming!

Hey Tyre,

Please come back and let us know what you're going to do? I was the one who suggested you begin your own thread and gave you the link to it. I made a rather long post to you that day and it's now gone. Figures. Read Ming's words carefully. So true.

Randy