Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Suboxone withdrawal please reply, need encouragment and tips asap
    dannygirl102710 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawal please reply, need encouragment and tips asap

I was taking Hydro for 2 and a half yrs same with my husband, minimum 28/10mg a day between us both. Between the 2 of our prescription was 365 hydro/10mg each month and we would run out and hunt each day until the next refills. We would run out every other day it felt like, and it was the worst experience to go through. Especially because we have a daughter with disabilities, and when you go through opiate withdrawal you feel like death. We both could not do our daily responsibilities, and cares for our daughter were next to impossible in such condition, but we had no choice. We didn't want to take opiates any longer, and we could not find help any where. We would have cold turkey if someone could help with our daughter to get through, but no one was trained to do her IV stuff. Our families new about our addiction and couldn't help us. But believed we would find a way to end our addiction. We didn't know what to do. We finally found a Suboxone Dr. Which was a life saver for us. We have both been taking SUBOXONE for a year and a half now. We dropped down 2 mg each month. We did not notice the drop until around 3 to 4 mg. very easy to cut down on suboxone if done right. NOW we were both down to 1mg of Suboxone a day. We ran out of strips 4 days before our next appointment. SO WITHDRAWALS SET IN. I am thankful we were only on 1mg but i was at least wanting to be at .5mg or .25mg before we stopped. Because the point of suboxone was to stop opiates with little to no withdrawal. ITS BEEN 72 HRS NO SUBOXONE AS OF NOW(JAN.7,2AM) and we take withdrawal ease and some Valium to help with nerves and RLS. It feels nothing compared to opiate withdrawals so far do i need to expect the withdrawals from the subs to get any worst after the 3 days??? How long will the withdrawal last? I still experience loss of appetite, restless leg syndrome(NO SLEEP), very low energy levels. I do feel horrible but I always remember how I felt from Hydro withdrawal, because it isnt as horrible as that. But all withdrawal is not what you want to go through. I just want to know how long this will last? And if my symptoms are going to get worse because of Suboxone half life? When Dropping from 1mg. Also I can't eat, and i know my energy levels wont get any better when we are pretty much starving to death. Is there anything i can drink or someway of getting protein, until we can eat again. Also I know Valium is very addictive also and I want to make sure i wont experience withdrawal from that if we only take it for about 5-7 days as needed?
    We forced our selves out of the house today for a drive and to get some juice and such because we know it is important to do what you can to move and get out. we are going to do our best but the weather is no good for outdoor activity which is also a downer on our mood and confidence in getting through this.
    Our appointment is on the 8th at 3 oclock and i need advice on if I should go get my refill even after going 4 days without Suboxone, is there any point in going, or do I tough it out and not go.

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS AND ADVICE FOR US. SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Because suboxone is so strong and has a very long half life it remains in your system for days/weeks depending on how much has been taken daily, and for how long. You jumped from 1mg, but because of that half life it's not like that was it. You still have sub in your system. How much depends on many factors.

Because of that fact is the reason you're feeling "ok" after 3 days. The withdrawals may not begin until around now I'm afraid. I would expect the symptoms to get worse before they get better. Just being honest.

You have a couple options as I see it. Try to wait this out and deal with any symptoms that pop up. Treat them as best you can and hang on and fight hard. Any symptoms may not be horrible, but they may linger for quite some time yet. You should be able to work, but there will probably be times when things get rough. You'll have to WANT IT more than anything else and be prepared for a mental battle.

Or you can get back on a small dose of sub and taper down to the .25mg you were considering, or maybe even .125mg as I did. I know you probably don't won't to begin taking it now, but you may find it's in your best interest to do so. You could get back on a dose around 1mg and use the taper plan that most everyone uses here. 25% reductions every 4 days or until you're stable and feeling good with no withdrawals. If it takes 5-7 days on a dose that's ok. Long as you're stable it's ok to reduce.

You could wait and see if the symptoms do get severe and decide then whether to continue or basically re-induct. You'll have to make that call. You guys decide what you want to do and let us know. We'll support you either way you go.

If you wait it out take LOTS of fluids daily. Gatorade is good and so is pedalyte. Fruit juices and LOTS of water can also be consumed. Protein shakes would also be great. Exercise is key to getting better quicker. Staying as busy as possible will make the difference. Laying around does nothing but make you miserable.

Let us know what is decided. Keep posting how you're feeling. You'll receive lots of support here. Take care and all the best to you both!

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Because suboxone is so strong and has a very long half life it remains in your system for days/weeks depending on how much has been taken daily, and for how long. You jumped from 1mg, but because of that half life it's not like that was it. You still have sub in your system. How much depends on many factors.

Because of that fact is the reason you're feeling "ok" after 3 days. The withdrawals may not begin until around now I'm afraid. I would expect the symptoms to get worse before they get better. Just being honest.

You have a couple options as I see it. Try to wait this out and deal with any symptoms that pop up. Treat them as best you can and hang on and fight hard. Any symptoms may not be horrible, but they may linger for quite some time yet. You should be able to work, but there will probably be times when things get rough. You'll have to WANT IT more than anything else and be prepared for a mental battle.

Or you can get back on a small dose of sub and taper down to the .25mg you were considering, or maybe even .125mg as I did. I know you probably don't won't to begin taking it now, but you may find it's in your best interest to do so. You could get back on a dose around 1mg and use the taper plan that most everyone uses here. 25% reductions every 4 days or until you're stable and feeling good with no withdrawals. If it takes 5-7 days on a dose that's ok. Long as you're stable it's ok to reduce.

You could wait and see if the symptoms do get severe and decide then whether to continue or basically re-induct. You'll have to make that call. You guys decide what you want to do and let us know. We'll support you either way you go.

If you wait it out take LOTS of fluids daily. Gatorade is good and so is pedalyte. Fruit juices and LOTS of water can also be consumed. Protein shakes would also be great. Exercise is key to getting better quicker. Staying as busy as possible will make the difference. Laying around does nothing but make you miserable.

Let us know what is decided. Keep posting how you're feeling. You'll receive lots of support here. Take care and all the best to you both!

-Randy

thank you for replying, and the support.. when you did the taper plan did you withdrawal? if so how bad was the withdrawal symptoms,and what symptoms did you have? how long did you have the withdrawals? i didnt get any sleep last night my husband sleep ok. my husband and I both feel about the same today it still hasn't gotten any worst. and how long will these withdrawal's start subsiding, and stop all together. I really hope it doesn't get any worst tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl102710 View Post
    thank you for replying, and the support.. when you did the taper plan did you withdrawal? if so how bad was the withdrawal symptoms,and what symptoms did you have? how long did you have the withdrawals? i didnt get any sleep last night my husband sleep ok. my husband and I both feel about the same today it still hasn't gotten any worst. and how long will these withdrawal's start subsiding, and stop all together. I really hope it doesn't get any worst tomorrow.

I tapered down to .25mg and decided to go a bit further and went down to .125mg. I had very few problems, but I did have some very minor symptoms for around 7-10 days afterwards. Mostly some stomach issues followed by some lathargy. I took some Immodium liquid and some Clonidine and that did the trick. After that first week or so I felt amazing! I really did. I tapered the right way, but I had a very positive attitude and WANTD to get off REALLY bad. I wanted it more than anything and I believe that was key for me!

Sleep is always disrupted for addicts getting off drugs. Everyone complains of that symptom. You'll sleep when you're tired enough. Small price to pay for getting your life back!!!

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I tapered down to .25mg and decided to go a bit further and went down to .125mg. I had very few problems, but I did have some very minor symptoms for around 7-10 days afterwards. Mostly some stomach issues followed by some lathargy. I took some Immodium liquid and some Clonidine and that did the trick. After that first week or so I felt amazing! I really did. I tapered the right way, but I had a very positive attitude and WANTD to get off REALLY bad. I wanted it more than anything and I believe that was key for me!

Sleep is always disrupted for addicts getting off drugs. Everyone complains of that symptom. You'll sleep when you're tired enough. Small price to pay for getting your life back!!!

-Randy

How long where you on the suboxone for?

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    I would go to the dr just in case you decide to taper..
    It is easier to have them and not need them then to get them when you do need them...

You don't even have to fill the script..

If you went back on them I bet < 1 mg would work cuz of the days without it..

I am tapering at 0.5mg now .
    It has been pretty easy so far..
    I was on methadone for years and induced to sub 7 months ago..
    I used withdrawal ease during my methadone withdrawals..
    I really think it helps and will start again next week..
    I had gotten some individual supplements and saved the withdrawal ease for the worst..
    Imodium does help too ( liquid) works best..
    You may not even need your new script sometimes just having it available takes away the anxiety withdrawals causes..
    If you decide not to use it I wouldn't hold on to it for to long..
    Too tempting ..
    But definitely at least 7-14 more days..

If you can just plow through maybe you can just keep going..
    I worry about the possibility of PAWS being higher from jumping from that high of a dose..
    Maybe research that a little...
    We will support you guys either way.

I am sure it helps to have someone who knows exactly what you are going through!

Will talk to you later
    Iluv2

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Hi there..
    I would go to the dr just in case you decide to taper..
    It is easier to have them and not need them then to get them when you do need them...

You don't even have to fill the script..

If you went back on them I bet < 1 mg would work cuz of the days without it..

I am tapering at 0.5mg now .
    It has been pretty easy so far..
    I was on methadone for years and induced to sub 7 months ago..
    I used withdrawal ease during my methadone withdrawals..
    I really think it helps and will start again next week..
    I had gotten some individual supplements and saved the withdrawal ease for the worst..
    Imodium does help too ( liquid) works best..
    You may not even need your new script sometimes just having it available takes away the anxiety withdrawals causes..
    If you decide not to use it I wouldn't hold on to it for to long..
    Too tempting ..
    But definitely at least 7-14 more days..

If you can just plow through maybe you can just keep going..
    I worry about the possibility of PAWS being higher from jumping from that high of a dose..
    Maybe research that a little...
    We will support you guys either way.

I am sure it helps to have someone who knows exactly what you are going through!

Will talk to you later
    Iluv2
    Thank you For replying. And telling us about your story it does help to know we are not alone. .we are taking withdrawal ease as well. And i don't want to get the script and take it and end up restarting the withdrawal when we are 3 days in. We both have gotten out of the house a couple of times each day. Driving listening to music. My husband and i both love music more than anything! Other than our amazing daughter and each other of course. . Keep us posted on how your doing as well. Thank you and if any questions for us feel free. .

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl102710 View Post
    How long where you on the suboxone for?
    The answer to that question, I was on Suboxone for about 9 months. Some will say far too long and some might say not long enough. For ME it was the perfect amount of time. For ME. Let me elaborate further because it's important.

I've been an addict now for about 18 years. I was involved in nearly every drug possible including all the so called "bad" drugs. I lost EVERYTHING due to my addiction. Lost my job, car, home, girlfriend, most all my money, friends, and even my family. I'm still working on getting my family back. It's all in my thread if you want to take a look.

I tried to get clean at least a hundred times I think. Tried CT so many times, tried to taper over and over, tried everything and nothing worked. I was deeply hooked. I finally made the decision to go on Methadone. Bad, BAD, mistake. That stuff totally DESTROYED me and I began abusing that too.

I heard about Suboxone. I thought about it, but was very frightened of it. I did all the research I could on this drug. Heard all the good and bad. Read all the different forums including lots of time reading on this forum. I learned everything I could about subs. Actually went to a couple sub doctors and they all insisted I be on it for the rest of my life. Not for me and I ran. I finally made the decision to give it a try and began to switch from Methadone to Suboxone. It was clear to me it was easier to get off than the Methadone was. I tried to get off Methadone many times but always failed.

To get to my long drawn out point - I'm a believer that a person should use Suboxone as a last resort. An addict should have attempted every other method of getting clean and failed before going on subs. That's my belief and will always stand by that. An addict needs to get past all their addictive behavior when attempting to get clean. They have to WANT to stop abusing drugs. They have to WANT to be clean. It has to be the NUMBER 1 GOAL IN LIFE to stop using drugs!!!

The consequences of abusing drugs needs to be so great they have no choice but to stop the madness.

So once on Suboxone a person should remain there until they know without one ounce of doubt they will NOT use drugs again. They need to be so disgusted with the drug life that it doesn't even enter their thoughts about chasing drugs ever again. Just have to REALLY want to be clean. That could take 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, or longer. Again, subs should be the LAST line of defense!

How long is too long on subs? Depends on IF you're READY to get off. For me it took those approximate 9 months. If you're on it too long it's that much more difficult to get off. The shorter the time on subs the better in my opinion. But NOT to short or a quick taper either. It's a very fine line between how short and how long to be on those subs. Once you feel READY to get off you should do so.

The sub plan used here takes about 6-8 weeks give or take. That seems to be about the right time frame for MOST people. Depending on the addiction level it could take longer for some like me. Some could get off quicker if their addiction is very low. If it's THAT low should they be on subs in the first place? Tough call sometimes. Hope that all makes some kind of sense.

I know you don't want to restart the subs so you have to hang on tight. Even that 1mg you stopped at is a STRONG dose and could take several more days before you begin feeling better. BUT YOU WILL.

-Randy

The answer to that question, I was on Suboxone for about 9 months. Some will say far too long and some might say not long enough. For ME it was the perfect amount of time. For ME. Let me elaborate further because it's important.

I've been an addict now for about 18 years. I was involved in nearly every drug possible including all the so called "bad" drugs. I lost EVERYTHING due to my addiction. Lost my job, car, home, girlfriend, most all my money, friends, and even my family. I'm still working on getting my family back. It's all in my thread if you want to take a look.

I tried to get clean at least a hundred times I think. Tried CT so many times, tried to taper over and over, tried everything and nothing worked. I was deeply hooked. I finally made the decision to go on Methadone. Bad, BAD, mistake. That stuff totally DESTROYED me and I began abusing that too.

I heard about Suboxone. I thought about it, but was very frightened of it. I did all the research I could on this drug. Heard all the good and bad. Read all the different forums including lots of time reading on this forum. I learned everything I could about subs. Actually went to a couple sub doctors and they all insisted I be on it for the rest of my life. Not for me and I ran. I finally made the decision to give it a try and began to switch from Methadone to Suboxone. It was clear to me it was easier to get off than the Methadone was. I tried to get off Methadone many times but always failed.

To get to my long drawn out point - I'm a believer that a person should use Suboxone as a last resort. An addict should have attempted every other method of getting clean and failed before going on subs. That's my belief and will always stand by that. An addict needs to get past all their addictive behavior when attempting to get clean. They have to WANT to stop abusing drugs. They have to WANT to be clean. It has to be the NUMBER 1 GOAL IN LIFE to stop using drugs!!!

The consequences of abusing drugs needs to be so great they have no choice but to stop the madness.

So once on Suboxone a person should remain there until they know without one ounce of doubt they will NOT use drugs again. They need to be so disgusted with the drug life that it doesn't even enter their thoughts about chasing drugs ever again. Just have to REALLY want to be clean. That could take 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, or longer. Again, subs should be the LAST line of defense!

How long is too long on subs? Depends on IF you're READY to get off. For me it took those approximate 9 months. If you're on it too long it's that much more difficult to get off. The shorter the time on subs the better in my opinion. But NOT to short or a quick taper either. It's a very fine line between how short and how long to be on those subs. Once you feel READY to get off you should do so.

The sub plan used here takes about 6-8 weeks give or take. That seems to be about the right time frame for MOST people. Depending on the addiction level it could take longer for some like me. Some could get off quicker if their addiction is very low. If it's THAT low should they be on subs in the first place? Tough call sometimes. Hope that all makes some kind of sense.

I know you don't want to restart the subs so you have to hang on tight. Even that 1mg you stopped at is a STRONG dose and could take several more days before you begin feeling better. BUT YOU WILL.

-Randy
    We decided to tough it out and didn't go to our appointment because I am ready to b free. And b the person and mother I used to be. I don't want to depend on anything for as long as I live. This is hard but all worth it. Thank you for all ur advice and support and congrats to beating ur drug habits. I will update tomorrow. My worst issue is I haven't slept for 3 nights and 4 days but it will pass we will go an hr at a time day by day.
    It's been 96 hrs sense our last dose. Should I expect it to get worse. Now that it's completely out of our system?

pinkrainbow is offline New Member

Hi Randy..
    Your article was very helpful. I have severe chronic pain for 26 years. Last September i went into hospital for oxycontin withdrawal(it didn't help for 4 years,etc.) They put me on suboxone, which worked initially, but after a few months(and they tapered me up to 28mg..i am now on 24mg. Biggest problem is severe constipation, impaction and bowel blockage.
    I am going back in to Camh, as they want to put me on a much higher amount of naloxone, as it causes diarrhea. I doubt it will work, but the only other alternative is to 'have my large bowel removed'. However, i have severe IBS(irritable bowel syndrome).
    I have taken every laxative known to man, including lactilube syrup, high doses of magnesium, pre-colonscopy preps(5 at one time!-ouch!!!)
    Do you have any knowledge about this? apparently another dr. tried naloxone with methadone with some success.
    How do people on high opiate's deal with this?
    much thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-09-2015 at 02:46 PM.