• 2 Post By TampaFlorida
  • 1 Post By TampaFlorida
  • 2 Post By TampaFlorida
  • 1 Post By UncleLeo
  • 2 Post By Ming23
  • 2 Post By AliciaBlochowiak
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
Suboxone withdrawal. Really weird thing happened!!!?????
    TampaFlorida is offline Member

Exclamation Suboxone withdrawal. Really weird thing happened!!!?????

Second post?????
    Hello all,
    I guess my first post didn't post ? So I will try again.

I am a 40y old female and have been on suboxone for about 7 years now. I used to take 6-8mg per day. I came on this forum once and tried to taper but was not able to drop it.

Now a really weird thing is happening. I stopped my suboxone with a last dose of 4mg 8 days ago. I used Percocet 7.5mg for 3 days. I took 15mg twice a day for 3 days.
    I stopped my Suboxone on Monday the 18th(last dose 4mg) and the Percocet on Thursday the 21th. I started with the Percocet on Tuesday.
    Now my objective here was to get off the Suboxone and I used the percs to help me with the anxiety and in preparation of the worst to come. I figured If I use the percs for 3 days, I will have 3 days less of Suboxone in my system.

Now fast forward to today, which is the 26th. I have been off the suboxone for 8 days. The really weird thing here is that I hardly had any withdrawal symptoms. I had insomnia til yesterday, actually slept for about 6 hours last night. Rls and malaise to a low to moderate degree only. I would wake up with mild rls in the morning and it would get better during the day. It would come back in the early evening and stop later in the night.
    Basically I haven't experienced the hardcore wd ????? What is going on? Today I have very little rls, barely noticeable. I took 1 300mg Neurotin for the past 3 days at night only.
    I have no idea what's going on? The only thing that I did differently than before is keep telling myself (before I stopped the subs) that this is my body and I will decide how I feel. I will be in control of my body functions and I will be alright.
    But that was only to give me strength, I highly doubt that this could really have worked.

What do you all think?? Is the wd going to hit at day 10 maybe ? Will it be worse ? Am I over the hill ? Is it possible to have almost no wd symptoms???? I tried to stop the subs many times before and it never worked. Always had wd symptoms the 2 day.
    Only thing that has changed from before and now is my weight. I used to weight 80pounds (I'm 5.1) and now I weight about 120.
    Could that be the reason for a "delayed" wd maybe? What's going on????? I'm scared but also happy that I didn't suffer like before! Anyone else experienced something weird like that??????

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Tampa, I remember you being here before trying to get off the subs. Glad you've returned!

I'll give you my best assessment of what's happening. You've been on the sub for about 7 YEARS. That's a long time as you are aware. And you were taking 6-8mg daily for most of that time. The build up of sub in your system is HUGE. So you didn't jump at 4mg actually because you have lots more than that still in your system. And you took some percs to help ease the wd symptoms. I can promise you those percs didn't do a thing because the sub blocked them from getting through. The only thing they may have done was to mentally make you believe they helped. But I understand your thinking.

It's been 8 days and you haven't felt any horrible symptoms. Consider yourself the luckiest person on earth. Jumping from 4mg of sub is never advised. Most people feel ok the first 2-3 days then symptoms begin to get worse. As the half life begins to dissipate wd symptoms begin to appear. I'm guessing you have a very slow metabolism. As a result of that the half life in your case is probably close to 72 hours. The bottom line is that IF symptoms are going to get worse they will do so in the next few days.

To be perfectly honest I've never heard of anyone that jumped from 4mg of sub (and been on higher doses for years) not experience some very stiff wd symptoms. And I work with sub patients all the time. Now that doesn't mean there are those like you that haven't up to this point. As I said, consider yourself extremely lucky.

So what do you do now? Take it one day at a time and see what happens. Don't sit around waitng for symtoms to happen. Stay busy and drink plenty of fluids while getting as much exercise as you possibly can. Eat and drink some protein for energy issues.

If you find in the next several days the symptoms get much worse you can always get back on a SMALL dose of sub and taper off properly. Don't consider that as a defeat because plenty of people have done just that.

I wish you the absolute best and truly hope symptoms get no wrose than they are now.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare and UncleLeo like this.

Thanks Randy,
    And I agree with everything that you said. I did expect symptoms to kick in by day 5 and I do have them but they are scary mild. The percs were like you said just a mental thing. They helped me mentally to prepare and that was the reason I took them. I didn't feel any high or anything but it gave me the piece of mind, that's all.
    I have never heard of such a weird thing either and have "ALWAYS" experienced symptoms of wd and yes they were pretty rough just like they should be.
    You know I still have about 10 sub films in my home and I don't crave them either. I am really confused???? To be perfectly earnest.
    My appetite is coming back too. I have an appointment with my sub dr on the 6th of Oct. and will go and take those subs with me, and put them on his table and say: here, that's what's left, I am done. Thank you.....
    I really like my doc. He's awesome and always supporting, so I know he will be happy for me.

You know Randy, for the past 4 years it was a battle. So many times I told myself to taper, so many times I tried and failed. I am just really confused by all this. It's scary! I don't understand what's happening???
    I will keep updating how my days are going and I maybe it's like you said and it will hit me by day 10.
    Do yo think that it could be the difference in my weight? And the subs are leaving very slowly as you said due to slow metabolism?
    I usually get wd symptoms the second day. And just like you remember, I was here before and wasn't able to go below 4mg.
    I don't know. I'm just confused and scared?
    Lvg nghtmare and Randy35 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TampaFlorida View Post
    Thanks Randy,
    And I agree with everything that you said. I did expect symptoms to kick in by day 5 and I do have them but they are scary mild. The percs were like you said just a mental thing. They helped me mentally to prepare and that was the reason I took them. I didn't feel any high or anything but it gave me the piece of mind, that's all.
    I have never heard of such a weird thing either and have "ALWAYS" experienced symptoms of wd and yes they were pretty rough just like they should be.
    You know I still have about 10 sub films in my home and I don't crave them either. I am really confused???? To be perfectly earnest.
    My appetite is coming back too. I have an appointment with my sub dr on the 6th of Oct. and will go and take those subs with me, and put them on his table and say: here, that's what's left, I am done. Thank you.....
    I really like my doc. He's awesome and always supporting, so I know he will be happy for me.

You know Randy, for the past 4 years it was a battle. So many times I told myself to taper, so many times I tried and failed. I am just really confused by all this. It's scary! I don't understand what's happening???
    I will keep updating how my days are going and I maybe it's like you said and it will hit me by day 10.
    Do yo think that it could be the difference in my weight? And the subs are leaving very slowly as you said due to slow metabolism?
    I usually get wd symptoms the second day. And just like you remember, I was here before and wasn't able to go below 4mg.
    I don't know. I'm just confused and scared?

At first I didn't think your lack of serious symptoms has anything to do with your weight gain of 40 lbs. As I give it more thought I guess it's possible you had a faster metabolism when you were at the lower weight of 80 lbs and it slowed down once you gained weight. It does make some sense that this could possibly happen. I'm no doctor and maybe you could ask your doctor that question? My fiancé is a doctor and I'll ask her that question and get back to you.

Keep us updated on your progress. I'm very curious as to what happens in these next few days.

Randy

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. Yes please ask, and yes it does make sense right.
    I must report that I started sweating today and feel that weird burn inside my esophagus (I'm sure u know what I mean). I would say it's on a scale of mild to low moderate. My first thought was "oh my god I'm wd, where is my suboxone" but then I thought about it and just gonna wait and see how things develop. I rather have a longer wd that is mild. Then the hardcore ones that I experienced in the past.
    So today is day 9 and my symptoms are: Insomnia (partial), mild rls, swearing, burning all on the pretty tolerable schedule.
    I noticed all symptoms come and go in waves. I might be good for 2 hours then start having symptoms. Then be good for 30min then have symptoms, then be good for 3 hours.
    Basically, my brain is trying to jump start itself. That's how I look at it. With every minute where no symptoms are present my brain is functioning well without the subs, then it starts asking for it, if I don't give in, it starts working again for a while.
    Like little kid that cries for the candy, and stops if it realizes there is no candy, after a while the child tries again,lol
    Hey I'm the parent here brain, so shut up and start functioning already!

Oh one more think Randy : If my weight gain is really the cause for a mild we. Than this was the best thing that ever happened to me.
    On a funny note: here is the solution: now we all have to just gain 40pounds and we be good to go without subs, lol. Nudge,nudge,wink,wink

Ok, day 10 now. I feel so so. I would say yesterday and today I felt worse days before. It's still manageable however.
    I am getting some hot flashes during the day, and that weird burning in my esophagus couple times per day. Still have mild rls. Feel lazy, but at the same time restless.
    I assume that from day 9 til probably day 15 will be my most uncomfortable symptoms.
    I sweat a little too but that comes in waves too, just like all the other symptoms.

All in all, it's a very mild detox compared to the brutal past ones. It really must be my weight gain and I think I like it better if the sub leaves my body slowly versus the brutal fast detox when I was severly underweight.
    I would get serious wd symptoms in 24 hours.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Morning of day 11.
    Felt pretty uncomfortable with restlessness and rls. Too a clonodine and it helped tremendously. Clonodine never helped in the past (at 80pounds). Had some anxiety too. That was all calmed, and symptoms disappeared with clonodine.

I am wondering how this wd will be going. Is it gonna take double the time because it's going so slow? I have appointment with my sub dr. On the 6th of Oct.
    I will ask them to drug test them. Does anybody know how long the subs stay in your body? Would it appears on a drug screen at 11 days in? And what about at 2 and 3 weeks?

Today is day 12.
    Had a very ruff night last night. Almost no sleep and pretty bad rls in the late evening. It was so bothersome that I actually was considering taking a little piece of sub but than decided to take more clonidine and see if that will do the trick.
    It helped with rls but not much with sleep. At least at was gone. Better something than nothing.
    Each time I feel really bad I tell myself to wait til later or tomorrow and see how I feel. That helps, the symptoms usually subside and keep coming in waves.
    I started perspiration, not crazy much but noticeably for me. I feel really conscious about how I smell,lol. Keep washing and changing shirts throug out the day.
    Even though my past 3 days were worst then the day before, it's still nothing compared to before.
    It gets uncomfortable in waves.
    Rls comes and goes: Moderate degree.
    Heat waves on and off: Moderate degree.
    Insomnia: High (expected)
    Laziness: moderate
    Stuffy nose. That's something new. Never had it before.

So to sum it up. Day 9 to 11 were the most border-some so far.
    Let's see how day 12 goes. I expected it to go similar. Day 15 should be one week after moderate symptoms start and hopefully it will get better from that.
    Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hey Tampa - you are doing great! And good job posting...can keep you going. Did you throw out the rest of your sub yet? Might help you from being tempted - and just stick to the clonidine and liquid Immodium and walks and baths
    GoodDaysAhead likes this.

Hey Leo,
    No I haven't tossed those. I know it's recommended but it keeps my anxiety down. If I toss them out I will be freaking out. Having them keeps me calm and in control. Even if I mess up and end up taking a small sliver, I will continue. I have had some cravings for them for the past couple days but I can handle it.
    Funny thing: by day 8 I actually went into my cabinet to see if they are there. I was so confused by the lack of wd symptoms that I questioned my own sanity and thought I might have been taking them unconsciously,lol.
    But by day 9 I started to have symptoms, they are all tolerable however.
    Geez, wd when you severly underweight is an understatement. I would compare it to. Being on a crazy high methadone dose and doing cold turkey, with severe symptoms showing up in 24 hours. No transition whatsoever. It gets brutal right from the start.
    I'm so so glad I gained that weight.....

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hang in there Tampa! I had the sneezes for what seemed like a month after i jumped. If i was you, I wouldn't take any more sub. I still have mine too, but never took any once i was tapered off.
    It's better to be done with subs.
    Hey. We dodged a bullet out here last month, eh?
    Lvg nghtmare and Leah987 like this.

AliciaBlochowiak is offline New Member

Default Just wondering how long this will last. Please help.

I'm 29 and was on painkillers for 3 years for back problems. Then quit cold turkey was sick for 4 days and then felt better. Had to get back on them for a year then for some reason couldn't handle the withdrawals anymore. So I went to a suboxone doctor and was on it for 3 years. I got down to .50 mg and decided to jump. Appointments were expensive and was just tired of it. I am on day 8 and still sick to my stomach, rls, cold and got, not sleeping. How long does it last. I got on so many vitamins that people suggested and just doesn't help. I cut caffeine and drink water. The sneezing sucks but I don't mind it. My kids think it's funny how much I sneeze. Lol and I am getting headaches I think from lack of sleep. But I can't I have even taken my sleeping pills. I just get tired and makes it worse. Any advice would really be appreciated. I was so proud to do this but I had no idea.
    Beefaroni7272 and Ming23 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Alicia. Welcome to the forum!! Here you will find a bunch of amazing people who will help you on your road to recovery. Subs are a bear, no doubt about it. The long half life of them and the fact that they have a stacking effect in the body makes for an unfortunately long detox. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear. You tapered down to a pretty low dose so you should rebound quicker than most. Your symptoms are very typical and everything you are feeling is normal. By the way congratulations on day 8!! I jumped at 1mg and stumbled onto this site on day 11 looking for some magic potion to make my w/d disappear, unfortunately there isn't one. Time is the greatest healer. You are probably looking at at least a week of feeling off. This is very doable. Imodium helps with stomach issues liquid form is best. Eat a protein rich healthy diet and drink tons of water/Gatorade. You will aslowly get better. You'll have good days and bad days and eventually they will all be good. It just takes time. You can do this!!! Nothing worthwhile is easy and it is so much better on this side of the fence.

I'd encourage you to start your own thread. There we can find your posts easier and give you the personalized support you need to get through this. Read others threads, it helped me sooooo much on those long sleepless nights. Keep a positive mental outlook. It helps a lot!! Congratulations again and I look forward to seeing your thread.

Keep on trucking you're well on your way!!!
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Alicia
    The duration of the after effects varies individually. Hang in there! I sneezed for a long time. But it ended. Cut out coffee/tea if it disagrees with you. Be sure to drink plenty plenty plenty of water to facilitate flushing remaining subs out of system. I would also hold back on all those vitamins and supplements since you have stomach problems. Eat light, easily digestible foods. It takes an unknown amount of recuperative time for each person. You spent 3 years on subs so keep flushing residuals out. You will feel better! Another thing that helps is any kind of exercise or yoga as these actions create endorphins , which is what we need—to feel better.
    You’re right where you should be! A lil mo patience. I promise these symptoms will end! You’re doing great!

Amylynnbrown is offline New Member

I'm trying to get off suboxens now. I take a hell of a lot mgs a day. I'm prescribed 8/2mg a day (2) a day. Unfortunately I abuse mine and take about 3 a day. That's 24 mgs a day. Yeah that's a lot I know. Plz no negative comments. Which I feel there's no juding in this group. Anyhow I've been on subs not for three years come August. I'm tired of being on suboxen and worse they're not helping me bc I'm abusing them and they don't even get you high. I know the correct way is by tapering down but I feel I'll be better off with out of sight out of mind deal. I'm a day three and I'm scared bc they withdrawals are about to begin. But IDK subs takes 72 hrs to get out of your system. But in My case may be longer due to the fact the length of time and the amount I was taking. I have some in My reach and just so proud bc I haven't taken any in 3 days. I'm getting really scared. Please tell me what to expect and how long? Did anyone ever get their natural energy back? Is it more mental or more physical? IDK what to do. I've been taking something the past 10 years to give me motivation. Pain pills, (any) and suboxen. Haven't touched pills in 3 years due to taking suboxen! Will i feel normal without having to take something? Plz help

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Amy. Welcome to the forum. Yes, you are correct that 24 mg is a monster dose of subs. And I most dedinately would NOT recommend with jumping from there. I jumped from 1mg a day and I went through w/d for about a month and a half. I started slowly getting better around the three week mark. You're probably feeling ok due to the huge build up of sub still in your system.

If I were you I'd start a taper plan. There is one marked "sticky" at the top of this forum. Give it a read, maybe twice. You can skip the induction process.

Why don't you start your own thread. There members can track your posts and leave comments and suggestions in one place. This place is amazing and helps me daily.

Let us know what your plans are moving forward.
    Congratulations again and welcome
    Beef