Suboxone withdrawl
    Paxton1010 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawl

I got addicted to pain medication when I was 23 at 25 not knowing to much about it I went on methadone this is the worst medication ever I warn everyone to avoid it at all cost fortunately I was able to get off of it and I remained sober for 9 years then in 2013 I had to have back surgery and I was addicted again I decided in June of 2014 to get sober I had heard about soboxone through out the years and found a treatment center where I currently lived and started treatment it worked great for me but I was scared to death about getting off of it I wasn't sure if I would have withdrawals or what but in November I went on a trip to New York I was supposed to be in New York for 3 weeks but I when I arrived I realized I had left all of my suboxone at my house 1200 miles away I called my doctor and he said not to worry he would call in a new prescription for me in New York but due to new yorks strict rules my doctor was only able to call me in a 5 day supply I forgot to mention I was taking 24 mgs a day obviously this was not going to get me through my vacation I was freaking out bc I had read horror stories about soboxone withdrawal I even considered cutting my trip short but I could not afford to change my flight so I accepted that I was going to be miserable for the remainder of my trip but much to my surprise after the soboxone was gone nothing happened everyday I was anxious for the pain to start but it never did day 4 came and went day 5 came and went and so on but nothing happened before I knew it 3 weeks were up and I had been sober for 16 days I know that u may not believe me or think I was not much of an addict but believe I was I would take up to 30 Percocet 10s a day and like I said I was on 24 milligrams of suboxone a day I've been completely sober now for 3 months which isn't an extremely long time but to an addict it is I think that sometimes we let other peoples b.s scare us into thinking something is much worse then it really is if I had not left the soboxone I know I would still be on it bc I was afraid of withdrawals and all addicts know how HORRIBLE withdrawals are but I'm fine I didn't taper myself off I just had to stop bc I didn't have anymore I'm not suggesting to anyone to stop cold turkey bc mentally I think it is crucial for addicts to taper off but I just wanted to share this bc there are way to many horror stories and not enough uplifting ones obviously everyone's experience will be different but I can almost guarantee that u will be surprised to how easy it is good luck to everyone I hope u all the best

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there, welcome.

You must be one lucky person because I've never once heard of ANYONE coming off 24mg of Suboxone without going through WD. That's unheard of. Before I got clean, I once had to go without Sub for one week (I was taking 8mg at the time) and within 4 days I was sick as a dog: vomiting, hot/cold sweats, insomnia, anxiety, horrific body aches, couldn't eat, the works. I can't explain why you didn't have any WD. It's bizarre. It's great that you're clean now. Congrats.

I would never, however, advise anyone to jump off at 24mg. People go through pretty nasty WD. It isn't "BS".
    You got really lucky. Count your blessings!

All the best,
    Kat