• 2 Post By dsh12345
  • 2 Post By dsh12345
  • 1 Post By Ditch Digger
  • 1 Post By dsh12345
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Subutex Clinic Help...
    Ditch Digger is offline New Member

Default Subutex Clinic Help...

My journey started after i was in a auto accident in 2008. I pulled several muscles in my neck and back and was given 30mg oxy per day from a doctor. At that point in my life i was a depressed, lost sole. I found that the opiates made me feel great. I could be social and very energetic(which was rare for me). After my doctor concluded i was no longer in pain he just cut me off, which led to me seeking opiates illegally. My addiction progressed until i was consuming between 1-2 grams of H per day. I was watching people i know die, and others would go to jail for years. There came a point when i overdosed, and it became obvious i was going to be the next to go(either jail or death).

About 1.5 years ago i decided i don't want to live the "drug life" anymore and checked myself into a addiction treatment center. They put me on subutex. I was started @ 4mg a day and over the course of the first year they demanded me several times to increase my dose, and with me being ignorant i just went along with it. I ended up at 16mg per day. For the last 6 months I've been trying to decrease my dose on my own against their wishes, which for the most part has been successful. I have found that skipping a daily dose before my reduction has made the taper easier. I am currently down to 2mg per day. This is the kicker.. The clinic i go to only uses the pills, and the lowest dose they offer is 2mg. I know from countless posts I've read that it's a tough jump from 2mg and would like to go lower, but i have no source for strips and the clinic crushes the pills and visually checks that it is dissolved under my tongue before they allow me to leave.

I'm at wits end. I desperately need to get this gorilla off my back. I WANT to be free of this curse.

How can i get to a lower dose? I.E. can i spit it out faster? I've found from experience that dosing every other day at 2mg isn't a good idea.

Thanks drugs.com and everybody here that supports us all going through the toughest battle of our lives. You all deserve the best of everything! Thanks for reading..

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

You have to go to clinic every day and be watched while you take the pill? Wow. A lot of places will make you do that for a couple weeks but then as you earn trust they let you take doses home.

I suspect the clinic is very hardass and by the book. They won't let you go lower because 2mg is the lowest dose pill, and crushing it up and dividing into 2 or 4 or 8 piles and just taking a pile to approximate a lower dose is very unofficial and probably never recommended on the record by any official source like medical professionals operating a suboxone clinic....

I find it strange they let people taper down to 2mg... and then freeze you there and get you stuck at 2mg. What is the point of the clinic tapering ppl down to 2mg in the first place if you can't finish the taper all the way to off? Do they assume 2mg is nothing and if people want off they can jump from that point? Also very wrong assumption.

I suspect.... they will never let you go below 2mg no matter what because no matter how much you try to reason with them about your desire for off, they can never officially endorse crushing the pills, approximating the piles, and letting you take little piles. Same with strips... not allowed to endorse cutting strips officially. The real problem is they won't let you take it home, because everyone just crushes into piles themselves at home to taper.

The best thing I can suggest..... suboxone isn't absorbed in the stomach. You can try to swallow half of the powder to approximate 1mg dose, and then jump from that. I can't really recommend anything more involved than that... like first swallowing some of the powder, then swallowing most of the powder, and etc. Try to swallow half, do that for a week, and jump. Jumping from 1mg sucks, but I don't know what else to say.

Or find a new clinic....?
    UncleLeo and thefigurehead like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Ditch Digger welcome to the forum. It's slow here on weekends and game day but hang in there someone with more experience will be by to help support you through this. Again welcome to the forum..

Actually, now that I think about it.... did you mess up somehow earlier with the clinic and piss them off, like a fail a drug test early on or recently? I don't think maintaining someone on suboxone daily for years like most people are on, and making them go to the clinic all day every single day of every single year is realistic. What about vacation, out of town, business trips?

How are you stuck on taking suboxone in the clinic, every day, and them having to watch you when you are definitely not a new patient and have been with them for 1.5 years?

I am not trying to judge you. I'm just trying to figure out how you ended up being required to take the suboxone each day in person. If you can't take it home and divide doses yourself, you will stuck jumping at 2mg....

I've replied 2 times and nothing is showing up. Is this normal?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Disappearing posts do happen, and it is very frustrating I know. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. Just stay with it and try not to get frustrated.

Beef

I will admit, i failed the first 2 drug tests, mainly because i wasn't settled on the thought that the sub was working and it was tough to break my ritual. I'm aware it was a dumb mistake.. But, I've been clean since. From what i hear from others, they treat us all the same. The stupid thing is i kept using h for the first couple weeks even though i felt nothing from it. After i failed the 2nd drug test they said if i failed again that i would be kicked out. I've only got take homes once since i started, and it was over a year ago because of an ice storm.

I hope this post shows up, I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over..

Thanks again dsh..
    Ming23 likes this.

I also want to add when i decided to get on sub i moved In with family to get away from temptation, and it's a pretty small town with only the 1 sub doc. The nearest other option is a30+ minute drive, and they are currently at "capacity". The clinic is costing me $650+ a month, and while it is cheaper than my street habit i simply can't afford to travel great distances every day. I feel like this place is a cash grab that is abusing my situation.

Today i tried to swallow a little of my dose, but I'm scared I'll over do it and be stuck in wd..

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Ditch Digger
    Well, make up your mind. Once you’re determined, you’ll have few problems staying on dose. But you really have to Want the change. It’s not easy breaking these habits. You’re so right about that. Prepare for the battle of your life, for your life.
    But you can win this! Focus, decide, act. Forget about who’s making what. You’re not there to evaluate the medical system, just to use its tools to save your life. Take what you need and move on.
    You’ve made the best decision. We’re here to help along the way. Go for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Digger View Post
    I also want to add when i decided to get on sub i moved In with family to get away from temptation, and it's a pretty small town with only the 1 sub doc. The nearest other option is a30+ minute drive, and they are currently at "capacity". The clinic is costing me $650+ a month, and while it is cheaper than my street habit i simply can't afford to travel great distances every day. I feel like this place is a cash grab that is abusing my situation.

Today i tried to swallow a little of my dose, but I'm scared I'll over do it and be stuck in wd..
    Do a couple days swallowing half. See if that works. Let's say the first day you swallow half, do fine, next day same, but at the evening of that second day you feel WD's. Could just mean you swallowed too much or it could also mean that's exactly what you should be feeling going from 2mg to 1mg. Either way, if things go very wrong, you are only 24hours in between doses so it's like not like you won't get instant relief the next morning when you go back and dose again. If things get bad, can go back to dosing the 2mg.

But either way.... you have to jump from 2mg or the ~1mg approximations you are trying to make. So, if you feel withdrawal symptoms trying to take lesser doses in clinic.... that's what you were in for anyways if you wanted to get off.

Changing suboxone clinics is not an option. Tapering precisely below 2mg is not an option. Your only option is to jump. So if you feel discomfort either tapering off 2mg or attempting to go down to 1mg,

The exact thing I would do in your circumstance - decide when I am mentally ready to stop suboxone 100%. Like, so ready as in ready to call the clinic to cancel my appointments if it came to that. Get your comfort meds ready, get gatorade, call off work if you have to, etc. Then, attempt 4-7 days of swallowing half. If it goes well and all you think you feel is the discomfort from dropping 2mg to 1mg then jump after 4-7 days of 1mg. If things go awful, and you feel awful after a couple days at 1mg, then jump anyways - your attempt to taper down to 1mg failed, and so you've got to power through the withdrawals you would have felt anyways had you just jumped from 2mg.

The bottom line being, if you feel bad at any point, recognize that's the price you pay getting off the suboxone. The answer is to power through the withdrawals, not to go back and get your 2mg dose. If you absolutely have to get your 2mg that's fine. We all don't jump successfully and make it through our first attempt stopping. That being said, remember the first thing I said, do not attempt this until you are 100% ready.
    thefigurehead likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Digger View Post

Hey Ditch Digger -

Tell you what I would do if I were in your situation. I don't like the "swallowing" idea because it's nearly impossible to judge how much sub you're consistently getting. It's a gamble with each dose. I realize it's a last ditch effort, but not what I would do myself.

I would get on the phone (all day if you have to) and find another Suboxone clinic, or better yet an individual Suboxone doctor that is accepting new patients. I wouldn't care if I had to drive 1.5 - 2 hours one way to the place, I would do so. My Suboxone doctor was over an hour away and I never thought anything about the drive. During the time I was abusing drugs I would drive for HOURS to score and did so more than once. Most of us addicts would go as far as we needed to when we were using. I drove several states over a few times to get what I wanted.

Besides that you may find a Suboxone doctor that takes insurance or has lower prices than you're paying now. That would certainly offset the cost of driving a longer distance. If that's what it takes to be able to taper lower using the Suboxone plan here I would do it.

My 2 cents anyway.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

LordHelpMe is offline New Member

Randy! Please help me I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and I am trying to wing off subutex. I can’t figure out how much I am taking what is one mg and what is .75 and all that I believe I am taking 1 or 2 mg. I just want to be off this and have a healthy clean baby please help me sir help me for my baby please sir please help me! Thank you.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordHelpMe View Post
    Randy! Please help me I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and I am trying to wing off subutex. I can’t figure out how much I am taking what is one mg and what is .75 and all that I believe I am taking 1 or 2 mg. I just want to be off this and have a healthy clean baby please help me sir help me for my baby please sir please help me! Thank you.
    LordHelpMe, welcome to the forum. First off you'll want to start your very own thread? In your thread you'll want to let us know your history with the subutex? How long have you been on it, how much you are taking per day, etc....? The more information you provide the better!

Randy is still around the forums but not as much as he used to be. Hopefully he will check in soon and see your thread? I'll leave him a post on his thread letting him know that you are seeking his help and advice?
    In the meantime, start your thread and provide as much information as possible? There are others here as well that will be able to help and advise you on how to wean off the subutex safely!

Get that thread started ASAP? Hang in there... God bless us all!