• 1 Post By Atrockbottom
  • 1 Post By Atrockbottom
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
  • 1 Post By Atrockbottom
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Atrockbottom
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Atrockbottom
Successful one month taper off sub I did it!! So can you!!
    Atrockbottom is offline Member

Default Successful one month taper off sub I did it!! So can you!!

Oh wow day three no sub and actually got some sleep last night. I've got a couple other threads here on my taper basically:
    Started at the ridiculous high dose my doc PUSHED me on...thinks I'm still there. Ha
    Anyway 2 days 16mg
    Then one day 12mg - started, or tried 8mg no success
    Then 3 days 8mg
    Then 2 days 4mg
    Then 4 days 2mg
    Then 4 days 1mg
    Then 4 days 0.5 mg
    Then 5 days 0.25mg
    Then 4 days 0.125mg
    Quit -now day three. My life is returning! Yes this may be too fast some people. But for me I just wanted my freedom! And the more I read it seemed the harder it'd be to quit the longer you stay on. It wasn't easy! But I think I had more fear of the taper than I actually realized when I went down! Also, all the horror stories just scared me so I stopped reading anything but successful taper stories. Thanks to all the support I got from the people on this site on my other 2 threads. Really only posting now to show it can be done, and quick!! Not 100% but better!! Not looking at prison trying to score either! I'll update as days go by. Supposedly day seven worst I guess because that's when all the sub that's built up in your body dissipates. We'll see. Love y'all and if I can do it so can you!!

7fourteen is offline Member

Way to go Rock! Kinda got worried when you left for a bit. I knew you could do it! 3 weeks for me. Sleeping better, energy still lacking but that's ok. Will push through that. Keep doing like Ming said. Eat good and tones of water. That has been the best advise yet. Keep pushing through man. So proud of you.
    Atrockbottom likes this.

I didn't leave; got thrown off. Begged them let me back, but no dice. It's ok. I broke some rule and got my wrist slapped. Won't make that mistake/infraction again. If you don't want to get banned read the rules before you post my advice.
    But thanks my Florida homie! Wow, 3 weeks that's great 714! And, yep I'm following ming's advice lots of water and eating good-even if I have to force it down! Appetite still iffy but making myself. Also, exercise.
    Today's day 5 no sub! Yay! Not much sleep either but wasn't getting much trying score ops on the street either. Risking prison. Omg one month new life. Sub and this site, and support from people like you saved my life! So thanks!! Btw proud of you too! Guess IMO the other main key for all the success me, you, Ming, tears, and the rest offered their support other threads is you have to want to be free! Gotta change that thinking! Peace bro!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Atrockbottom, good luck on your journey to be free from the subs once and for all. If u don't mind me asking, why did u specifically get thrown off the forums for? Was there any warning or did the mods give you an explanation? Just curious as to the details, I've read the forum rules and have had some posts removed for posting links to other websites. Anyways, I wish you continued success. Best of luck to you and take care... God bless us all!
    Atrockbottom likes this.

Thanks Ricky!, and thanks bro! No explanation but sure it was somebody asked me about a taper plan link. I found it and posted it. Bam...banned. I guess because link was to another site. But really there's plenty taper advice this site so no need go another site. This particular link had a calculator. I wouldn't have done if I knew against the rule though! I like this site! Oh and I've had a post deleted swearing so maybe it was combo of two. Only explanation I got was you broke the rules and banned until March 4 at 3:00 pm. I tried contact them begged really let me back. But guess it's a tough love thing. They let you use this site for free and honestly it and sub saved my life so I've no hard feelings! Just glad they let me back. Ha

714 I just posted this my other thread but meant this one:
    Oh speaking eating I'm downing ton of fruit grapes, bananas and citrus. Of course citrus easy for me. Its coming in now and being from Florida I just walk out in the yard and grab it off our trees. And, lots vitamins. Although I keep remembering what my college professor said, Americans have the most expensive urine in the world eg vitamins like B that your body doesn't store you just urinate out what body doesn't need. Why when you take B complex turns your urine yellow. Some vitamins like A your body does store and too much can make you go blind! Google it.
    But I take multi vit, B complex and fish oil daily. May be psychosomatic but I think they help so taking 'em.

Very cool brother. Hey, you my brother saved your life. Glad I could help in any way. Once I started eating really clean I kind of put the vitamins to the side. I actually went to the Dr to get something for sleep and the anxiety. He tried to give Clonopin, Benzo's, said no thanks I will deal with it. Keep posting bro! So proud of you!!!
    Atrockbottom likes this.

714 you did help save my life no doubt! Yeah not positive the vitamins do anything and I know best get them from real food. But take them anyway. And you're really smart no benzos! I've been taking Xanax years. Got a two mg script per day. Down to one mg per day, but that stuff way addictive! Next goal throw that junk in garbage. Today's day 6?no sub and still no sleep but no sleep better addicted sub! Thanks all your support homie! Wait almost month for you no sub right?? You've got it licked! I'll sure be proud of YOU!

Yeah, I really think if you eat right you get all the vitamins in your diet. If it helps people though, great. At this point I am trying to go as natural as I can. Today has been the best by far. Truly believe the exercise works wonders. I kinda got bummed a little today. Found out my counselor for the past 18 months is moving along. Tomorrow is his last day. The only opening is at 5:00am. I will be there bright and early. This guy has been great. Turned me on to some great books and people. This guy knows my darkest secrets and has helped me deal with the. Oh well. More about you. Seems like you nailed your taper pretty good. Sleep is coming in spurts now so just hang tough. I know you got this Homie!
    Atrockbottom and Ming23 like this.

714 I'm complete agreement!! Food is really where to get proper nutrition not pills/vitamins! Like I was saying earlier about college professor but left out: her point was get your vitamins from food not pills! The vitamin industry has a motive eg profit. Just like ur old dealer whether illegal, or doc.
    But yeah sleep my biggest issue, or lack of. And thanks! Yeah, I'm done. Subs basically saved me. Couldn't handle the wd's without it. But, omg thankfully I got on this site and realized get off quick as poss! That listen to your body what got me here. Pulling my head out of my a.. What got me out!! And, people like you, homie!!
    Ming23 and 7fourteen like this.

714 a 5am visit? That's some counselor! Wish I had one but just using this site...folks like you et.al, my homie! No one I trust enough to tell this trip I've been on...well did have long talk with my kids (not everything) after my ex blabbed. I'd say more about that but don't want to get banned again. But they actually took it pretty well. Thank god!
    Ming23 likes this.

Yeah, the clinic opens at 5 am and the line is out the door. All people dosing. Fortunately he saw me in line and just came out and took me in. We talked for about an hour. He was telling me about his new job and was saying he had to setup a conference in Asheville. He kinda grinned and said that he got Dr. Gabor Mate to speak. He turned me on to him early in my recovery. He said he could get me in but to keep it quiet. When I asked him when he told me May 27th. I bummed. I'm going to The Keys on the 26th. Oh well. I have read several of his books and watched numerous videos on a certain video site. Check him out if you wake up at 2 am like I usually do. I think you might like him. He set me up with a new counselor but I think she is going to be more traditional where this guy was pretty much on the edge. No worries, as long as I can talk to someone. I told him about this site and he pretty much encouraged it. Anyways, glad to hear your hanging tough. PS, saw your last post came in the wee hours. Hope it gets better bro!
    Atrockbottom likes this.

714 Might just do that since usually that's right middle of my staring at the walls my homster. ;-) my advice is go the Keys see ur daughter! That's time you'll never get back and neither will she. Best counseling poss some tropical breezes blowing while hanging with the fam...great seafood, fishing, snorkeling/ diving, sleeping in the hammock. That's the counseling I like anyway!
    Yeah tomorrow day 8 no sub me...the over a week mark. Wow!! So scared because all the seven day horror stories I read. But really nbd! Well you know what I mean...bearable ha have a blast on Marathon and no worries, or regrets! You earned it!
    7fourteen likes this.

dodds1973 is offline New Member

That is awesome I know how proud you must be !!!!!!!! My husband and I found this forum Feb 17 and he was at 14mg sub from 20mg also Dr. overkill and is starting 4mg today so we have 10 days of subs left to clean CONGRATS !!!!!!!!
    Atrockbottom and 7fourteen like this.

Wow dodds sounds just like me! Personally never knew about sub until little over month ago! Like I said was getting ready start Methadone program and just by chance found this site realized another way! Day 8 no sub I'm done!! After month on this sub. Omg it's saved my life! But my opinion NOT meant to be maintenance program! Taper and get off! Rather get back real life. Maybe couple glasses wine couple tokes...it's legal now several states. Way better than losing ur life job to ops!! Or complete abstinence from anything that's ur deal!
    Peace!! Let me know it works out. Don't expect it to be painless but you know that deal already. But I'm telling ya feeling stronger everyday!! Don't give up!! I have zero respect my sub doc! All he cares about is money...off peoples like us misery! Don't fall for it!! And IMO don't tell him ur tapering! Just cancel next appt! Ha
    dodds1973 and 7fourteen like this.

Yeah 714 still having sleep issue. But I think I got at 3 to 4 hours last night so better almost daily. And today day 8 no sub woohoo! Never did experience the massive wd's day 7 kept reading about when all sub leaves the body. I think because followed what Ming said stay on the micro 0.125 4 days at end. Almost didn't do it but thankfully I did.
    Btw the only reason I started this Successful One Month taper thread because all those horror stories scared me! So I started only reading threads has success/successful in them. But just noticed lots hits other two threads and almost none this one. Not sure why but hopefully helps some people realize get off quick! That's only reason went through trouble list the taper at top. If determined it's poss. Btw getting ready load the kayak head out little flats fishing reds and speckled trout. Don't like eat either one; too fishy for me. Just release or give them away. But the hard fighting reds especially fun to catch! My bros homestead refuse to eat them call em trash fish. But up here Fl panhandle considered delicacy....especially blackened. They can have them! But they also love mullet?! I first moved up here my job I was in shock! Told 'em dude part of Florida I come from that's a bait fish eg not for human consumption!
    Guess it's over a month no sub for you that's great!! How you doing??

Wow. I will eat Reds as long as I cut the bloodline out. And yeah, mullet has always been bait! Dude, a kayak on the flats fishing! Enjoy! Sounds great. Slept pretty good last night. Woke up several times but was able to go back to sleep. Main thing is the energy. It's coming back and I am grateful. Not where I want it to be but I know it will come. The 14th was the day I jumped, really don't track the days anymore. But believe me, I will never forget that date. Just like 10/17/14 was the last day I had opiates or Benzo's. Let me know how ya do in the kayak! Peace!.
    Atrockbottom likes this.

dodds1973 is offline New Member

I agree and thank God you never went on Methadose that was our nightmare before getting to here its been 17 yrs running and hubby has finally made it to the home stretch. Day 2 on 4 mg was a good night
    Atrockbottom likes this.

714 fishing not that great. Too dang windy although I've got a wilderness 19' sit-on-top...maybe it's 18 or 18. .5' but set completely for fishing. Rod holder in front two in back. I've caught them even while basically trolling from back while paddling but not today. Beat! But that's always hauling it to the beach, paddling and then back. Nbd. Better hanging out house. Ha
    Wow quit the benzos and sub same day?? That's great! That's my next goal these dang Xanax! Down one a day which half my script but ...got a hold on me. Only eating crumb at time. Figured I needed them coming off sub. But hate them too!
    Anyway should sleep good tonight! Hoping! Great day either way!!

Yeah dodds thank god I found out about sub! Prob stuck for life done the methadone program...but at end of my rope and that just a month ago! That's great ur husband! Home stretch! Halfway at least!!! ;-)

Well now 15 days no sub and drug free! Woohoo! Hope this thread helps some people. 30 days taper done! Prob not back myself; back old life eg normal! Sleep still not recovered insomnia but getting better. Sub saved my life and support this site, but done here. Last advice get off that sub 1 month max!!
    Happy trails!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming, you 714, Somo couple others really wish we could have met. But it's. Adios and vaya con dios me.(zac brown band) Just waiting on my visa n out of here. Still can't sleep for ....well anything.. Traveling for new job out of country new job nbd. Never home anyway ever.
    Just the banker...and kids need the cabbage. So strange people like me turn out. 15 hour days, get home (if lucky) eat shower and out door 5am. Sucks. Wonder why wife leaves you, kids strangers after all money throw at them. Time? Just a joke. Now I did drive swim meets every weekend my kids and wow did did that suck. Leave morning 5-6-am drive 2 hours while everyone car (minivan asleep) same back after boiling all day hot sun. No wonder we turn drug addicts. Ha well now like you 30 days in the hole...the suboxone hole. I'm done. Now 15 days no sub still can't sleep but at least not searching out a connect!!
    Peace Ming and thanks ur advice go micro doses at end! That I think really helped. Had get off start new job; same thing, new country. Drug capital of world but already from drug capital of US. So not a prob. Clean. ;-))
    7fourteen likes this.

Rock! Please keep in touch brother. I'm finally starting to get some sleep after a month. Feel like a new person. Please don't be a stranger. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. Just please remember what we have gone through, never want to do it again. Maybe one day we will meet up and laugh about it all. Peace bro and don't be a stranger! Chuck
    Atrockbottom likes this.

714 I replied this but must said something wrong again so deleted. Least didn't ban me again though. I'll stay in touch homie!! Over 20 days free sub now and really nbd...besides lack of sleep. But better lack of sleep in prison....and lord knows I didn't get off that's where'd I'd be so I'll just deal. ;-)

714 my bro...I miss you! Couple others too Ming, tearsintexas etc but done. Sleep hard to come by but never really did sleep thing...always working or worse dreaming about probs next job. Same job just diff issues. Lonely at top but eat better. Well I was never top just higher up.
    Anyway almost 30 days off sub after 3 years on the junk! Never did go wd's like when on the junk. Yeah it sucked going down or tapering every few days but so what?! Better than Florida prison! Omg thank you never did that!
    You, everybody you want off it's possible...just gotta. Want it. I did! Now I'm free! That listen ur body is >>>>. For me anyway. If I did that still be on the junk. 30 days in the hole all it takes to have life back!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Rock
    That was a great song! 30 Days in the Hole!
    Atrockbottom likes this.

Ming you do realize we're showing our age...but how 'bout that Humble Pie! ;-)
    Ming23 likes this.

Lol
    Remember them too! Yes, our age.
    How's it going?
    Atrockbottom likes this.

Ming everything ok. I followed ur plan and got off 30 days hooked on the sub..and wasn't easy (tapering every 4 days) but better than trade one drug for another. I'm now over month off and thank god!! I wouldn't touch the junk if I had surgery...I'll suffer through aspirin before let myself hooked that stuff again!! Yeah sub saved my life but omg I look back all the thousands I spent on the junk -that should have gone my kids!! Ugh!!
    Hope you're well Ming!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Hanging in there! Getting heart checked out today. Wish me luck!