• 1 Post By LaurieLaSalle
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By NoelBrooks
  • 1 Post By NoelBrooks
  • 1 Post By UncleLeo
Supplements/Support for Withdrawal
    NoelBrooks is offline New Member

Question Supplements/Support for Withdrawal

Third time trying to post a thread, hopefully it'll work...

I will soon be quitting suboxone and preparing as much as possible. I have read the "Thomas Recipe" but couldn't find details on the supplements, such as quantities/how often, etc. Here are my questions:
    What quantities of vitamins/supplements are suggested/safe to use during withdrawal?
    Should I start on any of these before I quit?
    Is there anything I should remove from my list or add?

Here is my arsenal:
    Immodium AD- liquid
    L-Tyrosine - powder, 4 oz
    L-Glutamine - powder, 4 oz
    Amino 9- powder, 4 oz
    Adrenal Success Supplement
    Melantonin supplement
    Robotussin Night - liquid
    Potassium- supplement
    Zinc/Calcium/Magnesium- supplement
    Vitamin B6 - tablets
    Vitamin B12- tablets

I was interested in Kratom- but it's apparently illegal in my state.

Limited prescriptions I have:
    Clonidine 0.1 mg - I have 5
    Tramadol 50 mg - I have 2
    Trazodone 150 mg - I have one
    Sciatic Relief tablets - have about 30 of these I got from my doctor, I think they may be OTC for spasms, twitches etc.

My usage history:
    I inhaled opiates for 5 years, almost continuously. I detoxed twice but never lasted more than a month.
    For the last 3 years I have been continuously taking Suboxone films. First year prescribed, last two off the street.
    Started at about 8mg. Since then I've gradually decreased. For the past two months I have tapered down to roughly 0.25 mg or less. (I cut in 1/8s and then cut those 1/8s into thirds). *I will note that after I got used to the smaller doses, I did feel a little better in terms of overall happiness and a tiny bit of fog lifted.

I do NOT have insurance and do NOT have access to more suboxone. I am not on any prescriptions besides Implanon birth control implant. I eat pretty dang healthy already (lots of mixed veggies, chicken, meat, some fruits, drink lots of water). I do moderate exercise/yoga daily.

I am ready to quit, ready to not be dependent on anything anymore! I am so excited! My biggest concerns is no energy and no sleep. I have a full time job that I cannot lose, but I do have some leave time racked up if need be.

Nobody knows my struggle besides two of my very close friends, however they are addicts and I cut myself off from them. I am looking for any suggestions/support, any ideas that may help ease my mind. I know we are all different, but I'd like to get a solid plan in place.

Thank you for taking the time for me!

Psilver063 is offline Member

I'll keep this short because I'm tied up with my little boy at the moment but stay away from Kratom and Tramadol. You will delay the process. If you want to be clean then don't risk getting there with another addicting substance.

The clonidine is great out of the gate in early wd but as you go though towards the later days it can begin to work negatively by making you tired and lethargic which is not what you need. At that point you need to be out and about building endorphins

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Welcome Noel, Just so you are aware it is very quiet on the weekends on here however there quite a few experts on sub withdrawal here that will likely start jumping in Sunday evening. These guys and gals have all had great success and will be able to give you some great advice as to how to get this done as painless as possible. Agree 100% with Psilver as to staying away from the benzo as that is just adding another problem to your plate...
    Hang in there, help will be coming your way soon.

Congratulations on your decision to get well
    Wishing you complete success

Laurie
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Laurie. I am glad that I found these forums and that there is support out there for those in need. If anyone out there have any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Also for the script drugs I listed I've never really done them before. I was prescribed when I first went on subs and my ex only used them.

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoelBrooks View Post
    Thanks Laurie. I am glad that I found these forums and that there is support out there for those in need. If anyone out there have any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Also for the script drugs I listed I've never really done them before. I was prescribed when I first went on subs and my ex only used them.
    Hey Noel,

If you have never taken these drugs do not start them until more advice comes and there will be alot of it. You mentioned Kranton (ADDICTIVE ) do yourself a favor and stay away from it, I think you said tramadole, if you are not on it do not start as it is an opiate so defeating the purpose,. Clonodine is great for restless legs however I am not sure of the dosage, trazadone is an antidepressant not sure if you are on them already. If there were any benzo's in that list I missed it but if so and not currently taking them again they are highly addictive.

Please just hang on for the sub withdrawal experts as I know methadone, nightmare, and opiates but have little knowledge about sub I will urge you again to not start any addictive meds but in the end it is your choice..
    Once these great gals and guys start chiming in you will get a ton of advice, you can always search threads on sub withdrawal as well so you can see some of the journeys.

Wishing you great success on your journey
    Congratulations on your decision to get well

Laurie

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoelBrooks View Post
    Third time trying to post a thread, hopefully it'll work...

I will soon be quitting suboxone and preparing as much as possible. I have read the "Thomas Recipe" but couldn't find details on the supplements, such as quantities/how often, etc. Here are my questions:
    What quantities of vitamins/supplements are suggested/safe to use during withdrawal?
    Should I start on any of these before I quit?
    Is there anything I should remove from my list or add?

Here is my arsenal:
    Immodium AD- liquid
    L-Tyrosine - powder, 4 oz
    L-Glutamine - powder, 4 oz
    Amino 9- powder, 4 oz
    Adrenal Success Supplement
    Melantonin supplement
    Robotussin Night - liquid
    Potassium- supplement
    Zinc/Calcium/Magnesium- supplement
    Vitamin B6 - tablets
    Vitamin B12- tablets

I was interested in Kratom- but it's apparently illegal in my state.

Limited prescriptions I have:
    Clonidine 0.1 mg - I have 5
    Tramadol 50 mg - I have 2
    Trazodone 150 mg - I have one
    Sciatic Relief tablets - have about 30 of these I got from my doctor, I think they may be OTC for spasms, twitches etc.

My usage history:
    I inhaled opiates for 5 years, almost continuously. I detoxed twice but never lasted more than a month.
    For the last 3 years I have been continuously taking Suboxone films. First year prescribed, last two off the street.
    Started at about 8mg. Since then I've gradually decreased. For the past two months I have tapered down to roughly 0.25 mg or less. (I cut in 1/8s and then cut those 1/8s into thirds). *I will note that after I got used to the smaller doses, I did feel a little better in terms of overall happiness and a tiny bit of fog lifted.

I do NOT have insurance and do NOT have access to more suboxone. I am not on any prescriptions besides Implanon birth control implant. I eat pretty dang healthy already (lots of mixed veggies, chicken, meat, some fruits, drink lots of water). I do moderate exercise/yoga daily.

I am ready to quit, ready to not be dependent on anything anymore! I am so excited! My biggest concerns is no energy and no sleep. I have a full time job that I cannot lose, but I do have some leave time racked up if need be.

Nobody knows my struggle besides two of my very close friends, however they are addicts and I cut myself off from them. I am looking for any suggestions/support, any ideas that may help ease my mind. I know we are all different, but I'd like to get a solid plan in place.

Thank you for taking the time for me!
    Definitely stay far away from kratom! Flush the tramadol as well!

How much suboxone do you have left? How long have you been at .25mg/day? Are you taking the .25mg all at once or split up during the day? Do you dose at the same time everyday?

Re-read the Thomas Recipe? There is info on the supplement dosages, when to take, etc...? Do not use the benzo as suggested in the recipe, benzos are EXTREMELY addictive!

Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!

Thanks guys.
    So I only have about 6mg of a strip left .

I've been on .25 for about 5+ weeks.
    I do them twice. One when I wake up at 4:45 am and one when I get home from work, roughly 4:30 pm.
    I've tried dosing once a day but I get that anxiety, jittery hard to breath feeling. I know part of it's mental, me being worried whatnot.
    I feel awful in the mornings, body aches, stomach kind of crampy, zero energy. After about an hour or so I feel much better and think this might be my biggest hurdle. Trying to not think that the sub is waking me up for the day. I mean for the past 8+ years I've used something when I wake up so need to get over that habit.

I will forget the tramadol. Can't get kratom anyway so thanks for that reassurance.

I will read the thoms recipe again but was also wondering on these other supplements I came across. I've even heard that L-tyrosine should be taken with 5-HTP. I'm pretty uneducated and don't want to take these things if they are just going to be urinated out.

Roncdog is offline New Member

Hello, Noalbrooks.

Unfortunately I'm a new member. I posted a thread not yet accepted about my experience. I'll say I am/was/will always be an addict. Been for a long time, my story is different but the same as yours. Addicted on and off for 20 years, last 9 years total physical addiction to carfentynal and fentanyl. So, may 28th made my choice, took 7 sick days which gave me a total of 10 days off, got a room and CT myself. I had to do it that way as I was unable, to far gone to taper. I'll say by the 9th day a light came on, the world looked and smelled diff. Or better, normal? The lethargy is still with me although now I can overcome it, where as 2 weeks ago I would say to myself, you'll stand in 5-4-3-2 and 1 second, now! Now I just do it. And I will say with the upmost truth in my words, I feel free...very free. It's the freedom I cherish the most, and will continue to. You seem to be very willing to stop, and that's the first step, the hard one. From there on out...for me personally, my eyes are open for the first time in a long time. It's a good feeling and one worth seeing for yourself. Be strong, know it does get way better hourly, daily, weekly and it's very liberating...

Default Any help?

Does anyone else have any help or suggestions? Are there other websites/forums that would be better for me to find support??

Default Roncdog

Thank you for that Roncdog and I am very happy for you, what sweet relief it must be. I could only imagine and hope to be there myself soon.

What did you have for your detox? You are very brave. I will only have 6 days off from work, no one in my family knows and my significant other doesn't know how bad it is.

When I went through opiate withdraw, I couldn't believe how insane my psyche was, I pounded my head again the shower, shaking back and forth, kicking wildly and alone. It was awful and I am not expecting any better from subs but hopefully I am smarter. I am making sure I am prepared and am so ready for this to be done!
    UncleLeo likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

Sorry to ask but just so that I understand. You have been taking .25mg/day for the past 5 weeks or so. Is that the total you are taking or are you taking that .25 twice for a total of .5mg/day? That is going to make a huge, huge difference. Sub is so strong that even that tiny crumb will make a difference.

One other question. How have you felt these past five weeks? Have you been stable (little to no withdrawal symptoms)? I hope so.

I'll watch for you so please answer these two questions just to clarify for me and I'll try to give you some additional info.

Peace,

Cat

Default Re:cat

Hi Cat!

Yes I take a max of roughly 0.25 per day, so I split that into 2 doses, sometimes split it to 3.

I have been feeling okay, it hasn't been that rough really just by the time I do my second dose after work, I feel restless, watery eyes yawning kind of worn down no energy.

I am trying to taper myself even lower this week, but still feeling kind of cruddy but no major withdrawals. If I keep on the 0.25/day, I have about 11 days left but am really trying to get it to stretch at least 2 weeks or more if I can.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-28-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Sent before finished
    UncleLeo likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Sounds like you're doing great Noel. So what's the question?

Default UncleLeo

Thanks UncleLeo.

I guess my question is for those familiar with withdrawal and supplementing. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to any supplements/vitamins/foods etc. to aid when detoxing or if there are ones I should stay away from.

I am guessing I am on the wrong forum, just wasn't sure where to go

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Almost every single thread on this board deals with vitamins and supplements and every other sort of remedy you can possibly imagine to get a person through the good days and the bad.

The Thomas Recipe is generally a good starting point. Whose threads have you read?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.