• 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 3 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By Ming23
taper help
    ghostrc is offline Member

Default taper help

hi guys/guys ive been struggling with this demon for a long time but ive been clean for a year from d.o.c and been on subs for a year ive weened down to .5 mg but im finding it hard now, my question is should i just stop and deal with it or will tapering even lower have any effect on the final wd process???? any help would be really appreciated

well been doing alot of thinking I'm going to a clinic for subs cause I'm In canada, super hard to find a sub doc anyways I have 6 carriers and on Sunday I have to pee and do a witnessed dose, so here's the problem, that said 1mg is a low as they'll go and if I want to try and stop I only got six days cause if I don't dose on Sunday I'm kicked out of the program.
    tell me that's not stupid. when I was cutting down they almost begged me not to go down telling me my life will be hard I'll go back to drugs just stay on it, sick of this.
    I asked how many people have got off this they said NONE NOT ONE. I'm sick of the trap and the lies over my journey I've save some but sucks how there's no support. sorry just needed to vent

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi and Welcome!

.5 is still a pretty hefty dose to try and jump from. Ideally, if you have enough left, stay the course and continue to taper every 4 or so days until you are less than .25. You aren't too far away from that if you stick to plan and reduce to .33 and again to .25. It is an absolute disgrace that your program is discouraging you from being done with subs. Clearly, just from reading threads here you can see that it's complete garbage that you have no chance of staying clean without the subs. There is one important ingredient though. It's the fact that subs are a tool to get clean. The work to remain clean is exactly the same. Do you work a recovery program or at least in therapy? Subs aren't magic. They can help you leave your doc behind, but the danger of relapse will still be there.

Good luck and keep us posted. I hope everything works out for you.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

Thank you for replying i didn't think anyone would, in canada we only have the 2 and 8 mg pills of sub so cutting below .5 of a mg is really hard but ill try like you said. Its starting not to last till morning now, i take it once a day first thing in the am but ive noticed everyday im waking up around a half hour earlier then the last day due to sneezing and twitching and restlessness. so to be clear i take a 2mg pill cut it in half i get two 1mg pieces, then i cut each of those in half ill have four .5mg pieces (which is what im at) but ive tried cutting smaller and it just turn to dust. any tips how to better cut it?
    As far as recovery plan goes theres nothing in my small town and a hour and some away in the city is a treatment place that i went to 2 years ago but because i walked out its a long waiting list to get in, the aa and na in my town is a joke its a place to buy drugs an the town is so small everyone will know your there, and to make all this worse i go back to work april 1 so no matter what i have to be done by then or suffer another season till next winter when im laid off.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-27-2016 at 09:11 AM.

also ive been taking a all in one vitamin and taking potassium pills 50mg twice daily and i also have t tyrosine when should i start that?

You should start your vitamin regiment immediately. They won't hurt you and they're just something good to do for yourself. Along with exercise and doing your best to eat healthy, it's just a good idea to make them a part of taking care of you forever. Aside from the obvious health benefits, doing these things can become a good habit to replace a bad one. We can feed our obsessive behavior with something that is good for us for a change.

Cutting your doses to such small amounts is always challenging. Randy, who is one of our resident experts where subs are concerned, suggests that when cutting your doses to these small amounts, crush them. So, cut them into 4 equal pieces. In your case, making them .5 mg each. Then take that .5 and crush it and separate into two equal piles and they'll be .25 each. Use a folded business card to pick up the dust and be sure to continue dosing by pouring it under your tongue.

For your next drop, you can take one of the .25 piles and a half of the other. It won't be a perfect split but it will be close enough. Store the remaining pieces in an old pill bottle and you'll know that the intact pieces are .5 and the crushed portion is .25. The next drop will be to .25. Once you stabilize at .25 you can ether start your skip days or do another 25% reduction.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

ok thank you so much never thought of that, does it not desolve to fast being power or it doesn't make a difference? and I'll start all the vitamin s

It won't make a difference if it's been crushed. Using the card to pour it under your tongue will make it easier to get every morsel.

Peace,

Cat

ok ty you've been a great help I appreciate your time in taking to me. in a few days I'll go down again then I might jump we ll see. but I'm so excited for a change and mentally I'm ready for this, I just got to not rushed this I'm just so eager to be done.
    Catrina likes this.

Such good news that you're excited. That's a good place for your head to be at right now. I'm glad that you're wise enough to take your time and do the complete taper. It will make your final jump go more smoothly. It's just so worth doing this right instead of rushing things or being so eager to jump that you just end up having set yourself back. Listen to your body and it will guide you and tell you when you are ready for the next drop. If it takes a day or two longer than you had hoped, it's OK. Take those couple of days to be sure you're really ready to do a reduction. You're so close now! You don't want to push too fast. Some folks have been able to jump at .25 but from where I sit, it seems that most decide to reduce to .125 before jumping. You'll know when you're ready when you get there.

Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat

i know this sounds weird, from you talking to me it feels like im not alone and someones on my side, no one i know understands so its nice to have found this place to have support. the only stress i have is i work seasonal and can go back to work as early as the end of march so my time is limited. i know i cant rush but at the same time i cant waste time.
    Catrina, Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

NwarriorA is offline New Member

Hi, I am new to the forum and now on the 0.4 tablets (subutex) prescribed 4 tablets daily however I have extra as I have saved up soon due to times of relapse so I take up to 6 sonetimes. I am a member of NA which is a fantastic fellowship however you cnt start the steps until you are free from all drugs including your prescription and the more I work on my recovery I am thinking thata why I keep relapsing because I cant start my steps even though I feel clean and focused. So I have asked for help again as in some councilling and a plan to taper off. On non uskng days I take 6 tablets but soon will go back to just 4 which is 1.8mg. Does anyone have advice on what to ask when I go to my assessment? I really feel rady for this now and go to meetings every day if I can.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-27-2016 at 08:13 PM.

hello this is a great place, if I were you I'd start a new thread you ll get reply s way faster, then someone can help you with your questions.
    Catrina likes this.

I understand that you worry about being done with the subs and will be feeling well enough to return to work. The timing here is actually pretty perfect. Are you still at .5 or have you now reduced to .375? For now, let's assume that you'll be ready to reduce to .375 Monday or Tuesday (around March 1). If you allow 5 days at that dose, by next weekend you'll hopefully be ready to reduce to .25.(around March 6). By mid to late next week and depending how you're doing, you may be ready to begin skip days or reduce to .125 (around March 12). In either case, by the following week I'm optimistic that you'll be ready to begin skip days or jump depending upon how you feel. You can see that you have plenty of time before March ends. I used dates on this plan just as a reference so don't consider them set in stone. It's far more important to reduce when you are stable and NOT according to the dates I used. If you reduce too quickly, you may have to return to the previous dose. It's ALWAYS better to take a day, or two or even three at a current dose until you are stable before you reduce.

Is there a reason why you have to be done before returning to work? If it's because you're afraid of the symptoms after you jump, if you stick to this taper plan and take it slow you're going to be just fine. In fact, returning to work around the time you jump will be the best thing or you to keep you busy and out of your head. There is a very good reason for not jumping too soon. The lower you can get, the better chance there is for your jump to go well. The people who have the stubborn symptoms are those who tried to rush the process. Those who follow the plan to the letter report only mild symptoms at worst and some nearly none at all. At least none that stopped them from working.

You're going to be just fine. Just take your time and be completely stable before you make a reduction. At these low doses, you may feel some mild symptoms such as a little anxiety. This is the reason it's so important to stabilize before you reduce again. Let your body adjust to the new, lower dose and then reduce but not before you're stable. It will be worth taking the few extra days to do this right so that you won't have trouble once you return to work.

Are you still at .5? If not, what dose are you at and when are you hoping to do the next reduction? I forgot to mention--are you taking a good B complex vitamin? Find the Thomas Recipe. It's a list of things that help during detox. You can disregard the ones that help with acute detox symptoms such as the benzo. Yes. The list does include a benzo but even for a cold turkey detox, it's usually recommended that they be avoided if at all possible. Most certainly for you, stay away from them!, Make a list of the vitamins, Melatonin and Sleepy Time Tea (to help relax you and hopefully promote sleep), and the other items that will boost your energy levels.. Begin to take those as soon as you can. They will help to strengthen your body and are just a good thing to do for yourself moving forward while you are living a healthier life. Most people report that the benefits of this vitamin regime made such a difference that they continue to take them and will always.

Keep this great outlook on things. A positive attitude goes a long way. Worrying about your end game will just have you second guessing yourself and will do no good. Stay excited and take your time. You won't be sorry and by the end of March, you'll be wishing you'd have found this Forum and the taper plan used here a long time ago. You're going to do great!

Keep posting with questions and with your progress. It really does help to know that people are here who can help and support you even it's something as simple as to let you know what you might expect or if you need to tweak your plan. Slow and steady. You got this!!!

Peace,

Cat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-28-2016 at 09:04 AM.

ok ill stay patient, im just under.5 i took a point 5 of a mg broke it into four little lines and took one away im at day 2 on this dose.
    The reason for wanting to be done before work im scared if i don't get off this ill have to stay on it one more year my job is very hard and stressful and physical, i cant see how >> work 16 hour days hurting but if i have at least a week or two clean off subs before i go back to work >> feel like i had a damn good shot.
    Your vary right about wishing i would have found this place a long time ago

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    i know this sounds weird, from you talking to me it feels like im not alone and someones on my side, no one i know understands so its nice to have found this place to have support. the only stress i have is i work seasonal and can go back to work as early as the end of march so my time is limited. i know i cant rush but at the same time i cant waste time.
    Hey Ghost
    You are def Not alone! Keep posting it will help both you and others.
    Outside of the Forum, no one understood what i went through either! Lol
    The Forum is a Gift to us.
    Hang in there.
    Cat is right about crushing the pills. Much easier.
    You can do this!
    UncleLeo likes this.

thank you ming23 to be completely honest the only wds I've have is feeling a bit down and my lower back hurts, I've had back issues for awhile, Ive thrown my back out twice last year and when in wd that's the one thing that hurts the most.
    but as I get through this I'll deal with that when I no how much pain is real
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-28-2016 at 12:56 PM.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hang in there, you've got plenty of support around here, just keep posting

We all sadly know the loneliness of this process around here. And all the great support our society shows us every day with all those pink ribbons and friends and co-workers sending flowers and lasagnas...oh wait, that's only for breast cancer people! For us? Mostly extra helpings of shame and jail cells depending on your situation and location...

But you get nothing but support around here And you're SO close!

lmao ya wouldn't it be nice if we had that kind of support, today's been hard my wife is sick and not being rude but she's kinda a wimp when she's sick but damn is it ever bringing me down. I know that sounds awful but I'm just being honest. I downloaded one of those apps to count clean time can't wait to use it lol