• 1 Post By Sobriety_Tips
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 2 Post By Sobriety_Tips
  • 4 Post By Sobriety_Tips
Tapered down to 0.25mg & it was totally worth it. I'm on Day 6 Sub WD
    Sobriety_Tips is offline New Member

Default Tapered down to 0.25mg & it was totally worth it. I'm on Day 6 Sub WD

What's good, fellow addicts, recovering & those hoping to. I was on Suboxone Sublingual Film 8/2mg for a little over a year. I never took the full dose when I first went to the suboxone clinic because I was only trying to get treatment for my >>>>>> withdrawals which I could not do even with Clonodine, Melatonin & Ibuprofen. I was only doing 2 bags a day at the most or at least 30mg of Oxy. Now, I knew he was going to test my tolerance so with each subutex he gave me to try I would spit it out immediately to fool him into giving me a higher dose. This worked & he prescribed me 24mg a day. When I picked up my script I was barely feeling anything since I spit out every pill. I thought he was going to prescribe me the pills bc that's what he used to test my tolerance but he put me on strips.. So I pick up 3 Boxes of these orange monsters & start thinking wow, I'm only going to need like half of one of these boxes for myself so I can slang the rest. I was only on 3mg a day at the most since May 2015 & was making $1,000.00 off of the leftover for street value. I kept doing this & felt like I was only addicted to selling the leftovers & the sub only made me feel normal. It gave me energy & so much emotion but I knew there was something wrong when I could wake up cranky & >>>>>ing about everything & just being an asshole then take my dose & 45 minutes later feel like everyones best friend. About a year into treatment my doctor offers to ween me off & I said of course, I wasn't planning on staying on subs forever. I had already weened myself down to 2mg by then. So, he weens me down to 8mg a day & we start a weening schedule to 2. I play along & continue to make my money. By the time it was time for the doctor to cut me off on my last 2mg script, I was down to .75mg a day, real slow ween process for my comfortability but I haven't sold any subs in the last 2 months so I have about 20 leftover to continue to ween myself even after he cuts me off. He prescribed Librium for my withdrawal anxiety + RLS symptoms bc he knew I was in for it & I told him I could do it. Now by this time, I was already attending AA & NA meetings & finding my spiritual balance while making new non using friends. I had also advanced in my workplace to a higher-up position & now make very good money. Sub helped me accomplish so much it's almost crazy that it's this bad for you but I understand why. It's an evil drug if you let addiction get the best of you but as long as you keep your eye on the prize & prepare yourself for sobriety, you're in for a much better experience. Never take what the doctor prescribes you when it comes to this stuff. It only makes it harder to come off. Anyone willing to get on subs to help with your treatment & to further your sobriety, try cold turkey off of actual opiate agonists first. If you can survive those 3-4 days of hell, you can stay sober as long as you have the building blocks. Now, to actually get to my point; I'm on Day 5 since my last dose of 0.15mg. I took my last dose on Friday night as I did my best to skip a day for my last 2 doses so it helped me sleep but not really. Honestly, the first 2 days were the worst for me. I had almost all of the symptoms but my nausea was too mild to make me puke & I didn't have Diarrhea either. The only thing that got to me was a fever, cold sweats, muscle aches & RLS. I did not take my Librium at all those first 2 nights without sub bc I did not want to be on it too long. On Day 3, I was just sweating, sneezing & tear ducts were constantly watering. I felt really Lethargic as well & stayed home from work (Monday). Also, the best medicine besides the Benzo & Motrin was Marijuana. Make sure you get yourself at least 5 grams of headies if you plan on going through this withdrawal, it helps calm your nerves so much & actually keeps your mood up through the detox. If you can't then you are one tough son of a gun & I pray for you. On the night of Day 3, I try to smoke myself into a coma & Nyquil Severe to help me sleep to go to work on Tuesday but that did NOT help. My legs kept me awake & miserable through that whole night still but I just kept smoking & watching DBZ lol it really helps if you can stay at home & not worry about work as well. I have a very good employer & position as I never miss days or call in so I can use my time however I please. I'm up till 6 A.M. & I call in again & my boss says "it's no problem hope you feel better". This is basically my 3rd night with no sleep so I finally get to sleep in the A.M. I woke up at 11 A.M. Happy to get 5 hours of sleep but I awake to a headache & cold sweats. Very mild symptoms that I'm already used to so I just take some Ibuprofen & took a hot shower. After that I felt great, I actually had energy & I know sub has a 72 hour half-life so by now it's all out of my system & my body is finally starting to learn how to function without it again. I start thinking to myself, damn, I actually did it. I felt good but I've had very little appetitie & bubble guts from whatever I could manage to eat for the last few days. I smoked another joint & watched some DBZ & ended up inviting a friend over. It's always good to stay doing something positive when you're going through a detox. Make sure you have a good trusting friend or 3 & stay as active as you can. I took walks around the block at night before taking a hot bath each night to help. Today I took a long drive around town & then to the park to walk the trails. I was surprised by how much energy I already had. Don't be fooled by people telling you that you lose your energy & stuff during this. You will be fatigued but if you really want this, you'll do what's necessary by keeping active & enjoying your days after your last dose. Now the night of Day 4 I decide to have 3 friends come over & have a smoke session. I have Indica, my cousin had sativa & wax & my other cousin had more indica. We smoked 3 fat doobies & took about 4 dabs each & called it a night. I knew I was going to work tomorrow. I absolutely knew that I had to so I went back inside my house after they left & took my .25mg dose of Benzo for the forst time at 9:30 P.M. Now I read about Librium and it says 30-60 Minutes for it to kick in but it took me at least 90 to really feel the relief so after I took that, I warmed up a hot bubble bath & another joint to accompany it. Man, that felt good & by the time it was time for bed, I had no restless legs & I passed right out at 11 P.M. That felt so good to wake up at 7 A.M. the next morning & ready to work without any cold sweats or body aches. I felt brand new. I worked the whole 8 hour shift with a smile on my face & I'm confident the worst of the physical part is over. The only thing I feel mentally is my increase in anxiety but I was diagnosed with Anxiety & Depression before I even knew what a painkiller was so I'm used to it & I have attended counseling for the past 2 years of my life to give myself the proper tools to fix my own mental illness & cope. I got home with my negs feeling kind of not really restless so I smoked a small J to the face to calm my nerves & invited another friend over. I also smoked him up & we had some laughs but it was time to do laundry & get ready to go to dinner at my fathers house. This would be my first outside interaction besides work since my last dose & I was confident. I cleaned up good, hot shower, clean clothes, eye drops & mouthwash. I went over there confident & I was. I even had an appetite for the Spaghetti my dad made & hate pasta lol but overall it was a good day to be off of subs. When I got home I called my cousin back over for another session & we got super stoned. I took .25mg of my benzo at 10 P.M. This time and repeated my hot bath process & fell asleep gently at 11:30 P.M. Hopefully this will be the last night I take them. I was supposed to be taking .50mg every six hours but I'm not trying to get addicted to Benzo. I've only taken .50mg in the past 24 hours. I wake up happy but groggy on this Day 6 without Suboxone and get ready for work at 7 A.M. No cold sweats or aches this morning either so I grab my morning coffee and blueberry muffin from Tim Ho's and head to work. Will update you tomorrow on Day 7! I'm pretty sure the worst of it is gone already since I couldn't even function normally on Days 1,2 & 3. Good luck & you can do it.

Decadeofdirt is offline New Member

I'm on my 5th day no sub. Last night was real rough I had much insomnia. I go back to work in 3 days so we'll see. I jumped from 1.5 - 2mg daily and have been on sub for 8 years buying it off the street. I havebeen I'm withdrawal since the last day I took it. Sub only lasts me about 12hrs max before I get WD symptoms. I was down to .5mg daily but got stressed and increased to 2mg now I'm fed up and wanted to jump while I had a week off work. It hasnt been easy to make it this far and I'm not surewhat the future holds but I'll give it my all. Good luck I've given this drug 8yrs of my life so I know PAWS will be hard I'm more concerned about the acute WD at this point. Sounds like you're determined so rock on and remember when you feel >>>>ty push just another hour and it will subside - sub WD is all about the "waves"! God bless

Dj

Quote Originally Posted by Decadeofdirt View Post
    I'm on my 5th day no sub. Last night was real rough I had much insomnia. I go back to work in 3 days so we'll see. I jumped from 1.5 - 2mg daily and have been on sub for 8 years buying it off the street. I havebeen I'm withdrawal since the last day I took it. Sub only lasts me about 12hrs max before I get WD symptoms. I was down to .5mg daily but got stressed and increased to 2mg now I'm fed up and wanted to jump while I had a week off work. It hasnt been easy to make it this far and I'm not surewhat the future holds but I'll give it my all. Good luck I've given this drug 8yrs of my life so I know PAWS will be hard I'm more concerned about the acute WD at this point. Sounds like you're determined so rock on and remember when you feel >>>>ty push just another hour and it will subside - sub WD is all about the "waves"! God bless

Dj
    Wow, that sounds rough man. I do not recommend jumping off of anything higher than 2mg. The most important thing when you're finally off the stuff is that you do NOT have the same set of friends you did when you were using. You need family members & sober friends willing to participate in activities that do not require substance abuse. Also, try to go to NA or AA meetings. They help!

Quote Originally Posted by Sobriety_Tips View Post
    Wow, that sounds rough man. I do not recommend jumping off of anything higher than 2mg. The most important thing when you're finally off the stuff is that you do NOT have the same set of friends you did when you were using. You need family members & sober friends willing to participate in activities that do not require substance abuse. Also, try to go to NA or AA meetings. They help!
    Absolutely agree 100% I've already cut ties with basic all my friends which in some ways makes it harder but I know it's for the best. Everyone I know is on subs, or worse. Mostly subs. It's epidemic proportion here on the east coast. Ill be saving hundreds of dollars a month getting of subs, that should be incentive enough. boy do i miss thay raunchy orange tang under my tongue right about now though. who would actually crave that? Haha.

On the plus I actually feel a tad clearer today, unbelievably. Still the same physical WD but mentally I am feeling clearer every day whereas the 48-72hr mark I was in even more of a fog and barely trusted myself to be driving, etc. Almost like a bad trip. If I stay busy things aren't too bad but as soon as my errands etc are done it all comes crashing down. I haven't gone this long without sub in years. I actually have a few strips too, been considering getting rid of them so I don't give in (almost did last night) but at the same time it's almost empowering to have them and enough willpower not to give in to some stupid orange strip. My girlfriend thinks I'm a big baby and I "did it to myself" but she'll never know the pure agony WD can be. Needless to say not as much support from her as I'd like ! Oh well, this is my fight anyways. Keep fighting the good fight,

Dj

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Decade
    Folks at home often can't relate to what we're going through and that's why the Forum is such a Godsend!
    The fog. Yes. I remember when mine began to lift. I marveled that I hadn't noticed i was even in a fog until i started to pull out of it! Lol
    Ur doing the right thing. Don't cave..,

Thank you for the encouragement, absolutely one of the worst parts is doing this alone! I keep telling myself it is what it IS. Ive had colds, I've had flus, I've had strep, I've had stomach flu. Is this really that much worse or is it a mental game because I know how to end it? No matter how bad it gets, it is what it is. Going back to work will indeed be hard but maybe also good to get back into a routine (that doesn't involve sub might I add).

Its truly naive of us to think we wouldn't have to face these demons at some point after putting our brains through such beatings. Just like anything else time heals. Anyone who has been in a horrible accident and had physical therapy can vouch for that. It really can only get better. I find when I'm crawling out of my skin I listen to ambient music sucb as Brian Eno. In particular the track, Ascent by him. It's from the movie Traffic which does a decent job of showing what's drug addiction does to families etc. Loom it up on YouTube. Truly makes me yearn for a clean sober life with my family, as though the fog's lifting after 10+ years.. Now im just blabbing.

For anyone reading, stay strong I've been reading this forum every couple hours so know that I'm here too still fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadeofdirt View Post
    Thank you for the encouragement, absolutely one of the worst parts is doing this alone! I keep telling myself it is what it IS. Ive had colds, I've had flus, I've had strep, I've had stomach flu. Is this really that much worse or is it a mental game because I know how to end it? No matter how bad it gets, it is what it is. Going back to work will indeed be hard but maybe also good to get back into a routine (that doesn't involve sub might I add).

Its truly naive of us to think we wouldn't have to face these demons at some point after putting our brains through such beatings. Just like anything else time heals. Anyone who has been in a horrible accident and had physical therapy can vouch for that. It really can only get better. I find when I'm crawling out of my skin I listen to ambient music sucb as Brian Eno. In particular the track, Ascent by him. It's from the movie Traffic which does a decent job of showing what's drug addiction does to families etc. Loom it up on YouTube. Truly makes me yearn for a clean sober life with my family, as though the fog's lifting after 10+ years.. Now im just blabbing.

For anyone reading, stay strong I've been reading this forum every couple hours so know that I'm here too still fighting.
    Yeah, man it only gets better. On Day 7 of no sub & I actually got to sleep without taking any medicine last night (Night 6)! (Benzo/Immodium/Melatonin) It felt so good to know that my physical WD is finally over for the most part.

Hello, Fellow Addicts (Recovering & Hoping to) I'm now on Day 7 without Suboxone & I feel great! I've been working for the past 3 days & did NOT have to take any Benzo or other sleep meds last night bc my RLS was nowhere to be found! That's such a big relief when your RLS goes away during WD. I can only thank myself & my strong support systems for giving me the strength to taper down to such a low dose. Today will be my last day using Marijuana as my WD are nearly invisible. The only thing that's lacking is my appetite and of course, my digestive system. My metabolism is back up which means my meals actually go through me within hours instead of 24 on those little orange monsters. I'm smoking now just to satisfy my appetite & to calm my nerves. I haven't smoked in a very long time (2 years) so I'm actually enjoying it. I remember hating smoking marijuana bc it wasn't good enough for my tolerance & want of opiates but I'm actually happy. I do have energy & my mentality is so positive. Depression has not gotten to me at all yet but I also have the mental tools & exercises to get me out of a bad funk. Well, I have got to say that Day 7 definitely feels the cleanest & best I have since my last dose. Good luck to all & keep up the fight! Taper down to .25mg or lower if you can & really, you'll only have to deal with 3 days of worse WD & the rest is a cakewalk.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-26-2016 at 08:01 AM.

carloscipher is offline Junior Member

Default Inspiring Account

Thanks for sharing. Everyone that shares gives us all such important data points to make our own decisions.

And congrats! Day 7, huh? Awesome!

So you had most your WD day 1-3? I am on Day 5 and they JUST started. I was fine until Day 5. It sounds like MJ was very helpful for you. If I get worse today I will session a bit with my brothers and see if it helps. My WD are very different, though (thread called "Suboxone Jump Soon - Walking on Tightrope").

Do you think you might get hit all of a sudden with some WD at Day 7/8? Any signs?

Also, how do you feel compare to your "normal" (whatever that is for some of us) self? Are you 80%? 90%?

I am a professional as well, in senior management, with some very large responsibilities.Many family responsibilities, too. I took today off (Friday) and hope that this 3-day weekend will push me to 80% at least (as I've been in the last 2 years since I started tapering). I cannot go below 80%. And I need to get to 95% in the next month.

Cheers. And congrats again! We can all do it -- we just need to figure out our best approach, just do it, and have support.

Glad you're staying strong. I'm gonna be going onto day 6 here. Last night sucked hard, constant flip flopping and couldn't sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. I actually had the half awake/half asleep feeling that I get if I dose sub too close to bedtime. Strange. Managed a few hours though.

Nights will always suck for WD but during the day it's truly mind over matter - if I stay distracted then I feel OK. Manageable. I usually smoke a fair bit of bud and I know it helps anxiety but have been worried it might make me even more fatigued? Is that the case for you, or the opposite?

Keep fighting, sub WD has a funny way of sneaking up on you days later when you think you've seen the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by carloscipher View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Everyone that shares gives us all such important data points to make our own decisions.

And congrats! Day 7, huh? Awesome!

So you had most your WD day 1-3? I am on Day 5 and they JUST started. I was fine until Day 5. It sounds like MJ was very helpful for you. If I get worse today I will session a bit with my brothers and see if it helps. My WD are very different, though (thread called "Suboxone Jump Soon - Walking on Tightrope").

Do you think you might get hit all of a sudden with some WD at Day 7/8? Any signs?

Also, how do you feel compare to your "normal" (whatever that is for some of us) self? Are you 80%? 90%?

I am a professional as well, in senior management, with some very large responsibilities.Many family responsibilities, too. I took today off (Friday) and hope that this 3-day weekend will push me to 80% at least (as I've been in the last 2 years since I started tapering). I cannot go below 80%. And I need to get to 95% in the next month.

Cheers. And congrats again! We can all do it -- we just need to figure out our best approach, just do it, and have support.
    Wow, that's really strange compared to my WD. I didn't post yesterday because I was very busy with my gf all day but yeah, my WD only lasted 3 days tapering off to 0.15mg on the last dose. I had a really weird taper plan at first then I increased my dedication & finally jumped off. On Day 9 & my sex drive is through the roof. Nothing major lately except the occasional MINOR cold sweats but that's it. I have a bit of my energy still & participating in every day hobbies & sober activities definitely makes this so much easier. Make sure you have some Medicinal Grade Indica bc Sativa will not help too much unless you plan on doing some work after. God bless & good luck!

On Day 9, people! I have got to say that I'm feeling at least 80 % back to my old self!

I'm at one week now, going back to work tomorrow. A little nervous but I feel so much better than days 2 - 5. I'm still fatigued and nights are rough but every day I feel better and better. Hopefully our relatively short acute WD cases will inspire others to take the plunge. Keep up the good work!

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default Decade

I NOW how the 2 million flip flops and being 1/2 awake feels sucks big time but it gets better slowly but dont let that get you down it does improve on day 72 sleeps is tons better but some people get better a lot faster glad to hear your off that poison DONT QUIT YOU GOT THIS, the hard part is over better days ahead praying for you keep us posted ask all the questions you want lots of good advice good people here who want to help.

Hello, everyone hoping to recover & recovering. I know I had given some advice on the first post of this thread that does not cooperate with today's sobriety standards in the eyes of the majority. This thread is specifically for those who are looking for advice getting off of subs & having the most comfortable withdrawal experience possible. Here was my arsenal of WD Drugs I had to get me through days 1-4: Mary Jane (Medicinal Grade Indica THC 8.9/10 & Medicinal Grade Sativa in the mornings for work), Ibuprofen (For sore legs & body aches), NyQuil Severe (Did not work at all, I do not recommend this), Benadryl (2 Pills bs it dries up the nasal passages while you sleep & makes you more drowsy than NyQuil) & last but not least, Librium (0.25mg capsules that I only used on Nights 3 & 4 of WD to get some sleep for work. DO NOT TAKE THESE AS PRESCRIBED OR EVERY 6 HOURS LIKE IT SAYS ON THE BOTTLE. You can get hooked on Benzos pretty damn easy if you're not careful). Now, I am on Day 10 without Suboxone & I my body is still getting used to digesting properly & everything else without opiate agonist. Other than the occasional upset stomach, my legs are sore on most nights & I get fatigues very easily. Yesterday, I had to move an antique table set w/ Chairs in the 86 degree humidity to my new upstairs apartment lol that was EXHAUSTING. I was sweating like crazy & this might also be a WD symptom still but I have always been a profuse sweater since I was young. No sign of RLS since Night 4 of WD so I'm glad that is over. No cold sweats today or creepy crawlies yet but I must say I am feeling that anxiety. That anxiety that makes you doubt yourself is probably the only thing I'm concerned with but I know I got this. I stopped using Mary Jane as soon as my RLS & body aches stopped happening on Day 4 & haven't had the urge to use it again & I'm glad about that too since I haven't smoked in 2 years & used to smoke it every day throughout my teenage years. Make sure you have a good support system, daily hobbies & supporting friends. I have been taking daily walks as well sometimes even twice a day & excercise just helps in general. Hot Baths also help with RLS, I recommend a hot bath & a joint or 2 + Ibuprofen on your first 3 Nights of WD depending on the strength of the dose you jumped off of. Other than that, I do wake up a little groggier now but that's all part of the healing process. My appetite is not here yet either so I find myself forcing myself to eat light meals about twice a day but hopefully it comes back soon bc I love food & it feels weird not wanting to eat. Keep up the good fight, people! I'm just sharing my experience with you.

Quick Day 10 update: I am actually feeling the cravings now & they are messed up. Like, I'm not even physically withdrawing anymore but the anxiety & cravings are immense this time around. Good thing I got rid of all of my subs because I was actually tempted to do a tiny little bit just to put my mind at ease but nope. Can't give into this stuff. It ruins lives & has even taken many just like any other controlled substance. Addiction is evil.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Day 11 Update: I was feeling uneasy last night like I was going to jump out of my skin but I took a nice 30 minute walk before bed & listened to my music & cleaned my pets cage. Music helps a TON especially if you have a nice pair of headphones or a nice sound system. Exercise + Music = Natural Dopamine Release + Endorphins. I didn't take a shower last night although I should have but I still felt exhausted & fatigued. The walk & music only helped while I was doing it. I am on day 5 without Marijuana but if I could smoke it regularly I would definitely be doing so & this would probably be a lot easier but I cannot as my job randomly drug tests me & I go to substance abuse counseling as well where they test me. I didn't take Ibuprofen last night either as I didn't feel much pain in my legs. Today, I woke up with a headache & still very fatigued even though I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep. I'm still working and hoping everything gets better day after day. You gotta take it one day at a time. Music is still helping a ton & I take walks on my 15 minute breaks & lunch to keep me energized.

Day 12 Update: Almost to the two week mark and feeling a little more like myself. My digestive system is finally back to normal & I did have a little more of an appetite yesterday. This means that food does not pass through my system within hours anymore & I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for every day that I'm off Suboxone. I woke up this morning still feeling groggy & even after my morning coffee still felt fatigued. I hope I can get my energy back to normal soon, I used to just take a shower & be ready & happy to take on the day in the morning. Cravings are cravings & they get bad still but I have been attending AA meetings & NA meetings to help calm my soul. One day at a time, people. Also, video games & enjoyable activities are making this way easy & have been since Day 1 off of Sub. I remember feeling numb & barely wanting to play games anymore but now with a clear mind, I'm starting to find more interest in the games again & I'm getting my skill back slowly but surely (used to be a really good youtube COD sniper before I started using opiates) I've also been hanging out with friends more often & cleaning up & organizing around my apartment to keep me busy. 30-90 minute walks also help. Keep it up.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

When I get cravings..
    I just picture them going out of my brain
    Just like they came in.
    Thry are just thoughts
    Not all thoughts are true!

Especially the ones that say
    You can take just 1!

Because we know
    1 is too many
    And
    A thousand never enough!
    That will hold true
    As long as I am alive!

Aint t no way around it
    For most of us!

I also play the tape all the way through!
    What exactly would my life look like
    If I became addicted again?

Not a pretty site!

Congratulations!
    Rockin it clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Fish guide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    When I get cravings..
    I just picture them going out of my brain
    Just like they came in.
    Thry are just thoughts
    Not all thoughts are true!

Especially the ones that say
    You can take just 1!

Because we know
    1 is too many
    And
    A thousand never enough!
    That will hold true
    As long as I am alive!

Aint t no way around it
    For most of us!

I also play the tape all the way through!
    What exactly would my life look like
    If I became addicted again?

Not a pretty site!

Congratulations!
    Rockin it clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Oh, I know! Thanks for the words. I've also been getting back in touch with my creativity. I am writing poetry & mixing music again. Music is awesome & I don't know what I would do without it. Actually gave drawing a go as well bc I used to be amazing at it before the drugs came into my life. Day 13 is honestly one of the clearest days I've felt since I started using opiates. I feel about 90% back to normal & enjoy nature & my surroundings. I don't take stuff for granted. Very thankful for another day clean.
    Iluv2smile and Fish guide like this.

Day 18: Feeling amazing. My metabolism is back & my appetite is better. I still get cold pretty easy & that's something that annoys me but other than that, there are no physical symptoms in sight. I had a minor case of RLS 2 nights ago & I have no idea why but I just took 2 Motrin tabs & the RLS went away. Weird.. I thought it was all in my head for a minute bc I haven't had RLS since Day 5 off of Sub. It can only get better from here. The only other complaint right now is cravings, my brain keeps searching or should I say waiting for that reward that it longed for every single day while I was using. I do attend meetings but they don't help when I'm not there. I know better than to relapse though bc my life & my job depend on my sobriety. That's everything to me. That's how I live comfortably & keep my sanity & my sanctuary (Home). Stay positive, people.
    Ming23 likes this.

Day 24 Update: I still get cold relatively easily but I am feeling back to my old self, I really am. I'm enjoying what I used to do, old hobbies, etc. and excelling at them again. I'm awesome at video games again, writing, typing, mixing music, anything that I enjoyed. My appetite & metabolism are back to normal now & I have lost about 12 pounds since the jump. I hope to get back down to my high school weight as I do enjoy exercising & going on long walks through town twice a day as well. I'm loving life again the way I should be without the influence of drugs. Keep up the fight, recovery is for life.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations!
    Life is so much better
    Clean!

You are living proof
    Recovery is possible!
    You are right
    It is for life!
    Bette