Tapered Off Suboxone With Success!
    macks5062 is offline New Member

Default Tapered Off Suboxone With Success!

Hi there! I've been reading literally hundreds of posts on this website and all the support was amazing, it definitely helped me out. I decided to make an account and post a thread about successfully coming off suboxone and opiates, no it doesn't take months to start feeling normal.. I was reading threads about how withdrawal symptoms will linger for months and months and literally scared the >>>> out of me so I kept taking it.. bc really who can put up with being sick for months? Okay.. so a little about me. I am 23 years old and have been addicted to opiates for about 7 years and an addict to suboxone for about 2 years. When I was addicted to opiates I was taking Vicodin, Percocets, Morphine, Oxy's, street bags, the whole shaboodle to take the edge off.. so I then heard about Suboxone where I live the street value is $30 for an 8mg Suboxone pill so I went that route rather than spending hundereds to thousands I've spent on my horrible habit. I didn't do the research like I should've and from what I heard from medial professionals that suboxone withdrawls are 'minimal to nothing' yeah right have you personally came off suboxone? Didn't think so.. so anyway here's what I did.. I tapered down to 1mg a day and jumped from that (I know its a high dose to jump from, but didn't have any other choice)
    Day 1 - Kinda sore and no energy, so I took some gabipentin (neurontin) to help me out.. it took the edge off and I had to go hunting that day but I pulled myself out of bed and went hunting, other than the chills here and there it wasn't bad
    Day 2 - Still feel okay no wd symptoms, got plenty of sleep.. I started to get sore so I took some more gabbys to help
    Day 3 - Oh god.. here we go, woke up feeling rough (chills, RLS, ancy, diherea, no energy) I took some more gabepentin to take the edge off but unfortunately you build a tolerance to them fast so it didn't help much. Just basically sat at home In bed and my wife took care of me.. make sure you eat! I know how hard it is when your apetite is at % 0 but even if its just crackers get something in your stomach.. anyways started taking vitamins and b-12s and started drinking juicy juice. Couldn't sleep for the life of me!! Ohh well it coulda been worse like coming off oxys oh god.. never again..
    Day 4 - Still feel like >>>>.. does this ever end? Still had all the same symptoms as above.. running on zero hours of sleep.. blah
    Day 5 - I think I got like 3 hours of sleep, wasn't good bc In my dream I was still getting those god awful chills still very ancy and still no apetite.. I started listening to music and never noticed how beautiful music really is.. I've been so numb for so long it was almost just noise. My senses are wayyyy better too! If it weren't for the chills I'd be a happy camper
    Day 6 - Still running on no sleep, but every hour I go through this the better I feel, yes its hell but its a lot better than feeling nothing like when your on opiates/suboxone. I went out and visited some friends and that really helped.. actually had some good laughs, still get a chill here and there but not as bad as day 3 when I started feeling ancy I would jump in a nice hot bath.. it literally cures the RLS and aches and pains, for me anyway.
    Day 7 - Actually got like 6 hours of sleep last night.. it was wonderful! Still achy and chills here and there.. but life is tolerable, my head is a lot more clear.. I actually can have an in depth conversation with someone.. this is great! Apetite is coming back too! My wife made me soup and I had a lot more food after yum! I looked in the mirror and I can actually see my eyes! They're white! Not bloodshot! Again when I felt ancy I would take a bath
    Day 8 - This is today, couldn't get any sleep last night.. but I know I will be able to soon, but other than no energy I feel great!!! RLS seemed to have gone away just chills once in a great while, and sneezing once in a great while but other than that I feel amazing!! So alive!!! I swear the whole RLS thing is mental bc if I focus on something else it goes away.. weird hey? Anyways this is my personal story and I'm not a healthcare professional but I have experienced opiate addiction first hand.. so the people that are saying suboxone withdrawls last months, stop scaring people.. I know my symptoms haven't gone away completely but I feel wayyy better, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.. there is hope guys, you guys need to want this for yourself its all mostly mental.. you choose to be horrible or not.. but anyways that's my story

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there, welcome. Congrats on 8 days! Good for you. I'm glad to hear that your WD wasn't horrific.

Like you said, everyone is different. What people go through while coming off drugs varies. Some people may have hardly any WD after tapering while others have suffered. When people talk about WD from Sub lasting for months, they're not referring to physical symptoms, but rather emotional/mental symptoms that linger. It's actually quite common, especially for people who used Sub long-term, or any opiate for that matter.

We don't try to scare anyone by telling our personal experiences. We use this forum to vent, share, and help other people.

Again, congrats on getting clean! Keep up the good work.
    Kat

Hey Kat! Thanks for the reply so I got some bad news, I was getting so sick of not sleeping.. my eyes were so strained and tired and my body was tired as well with so many aches and pains.. so I took some seroquel to help me sleep.. worst decision of my life! The ancyness/RLS got worse and I still couldn't sleep so I went and got one more sub and only took like .25 mg and was finally able to sleep.. I slept for a good 7 hours.. but feel horrible bc I feel like I just relapsed and now I have to start all over.. this is my last sub and only intend to take .25 a day and I'll keep yah guys posted how the detox goes, thanks again for the reply
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-04-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by macks5062 View Post
    Hey Kat! Thanks for the reply so I got some bad news, I was getting so sick of not sleeping.. my eyes were so strained and tired and my body was tired as well with so many aches and pains.. so I took some seroquel to help me sleep.. worst decision of my life! The ancyness/RLS got worse and I still couldn't sleep so I went and got one more sub and only took like .25 mg and was finally able to sleep.. I slept for a good 7 hours.. but feel horrible bc I feel like I just relapsed and now I have to start all over.. this is my last sub and only intend to take .25 a day and I'll keep yah guys posted how the detox goes, thanks again for the reply
    Sorry you're having sleep issues. That's gotta be one of the worst WD symptoms, ugh! I don't blame you for trying Seroquel to sleep. After I tapered to .15mg and quit, I took a bunch of Melatonin every night for a couple weeks so I could get some decent sleep. Was taking between 5-10mg. It definitely helped! I'd always take a hot bath right before bed, too. Very relaxing!

As far as the Sub, did you get another 8mg or 2mg strip? If it's 8mg, you could try taking .25mg until you feel stable, then reduce to about .18mg, then .125mg...then jump off again. It will probably help a lot in terms of WD symptoms. If you choose to go that route, make sure you're stable before each reduction.

Keep us posted! Hope you get some sleep tonight
    Kat

Hello again Kat! Well I got a good 8 hours of sleep last night, it felt so good to actually have a dream lol. I think the last time I dreamt was over a week ago when I jumped. But anyways its an 8mg and still have a lot left, I am stabalized now.. no wd symptoms whatsoever, I am attending a meeting with my substance abuse counselor in a half hour. I am also plannin on attending another group session (AA/NA) our groups are combined bc we have such a small community. But I will taper down as instructed by you, and will let yah know if anything comes up. Can I get melatonin at any local drug store over the counter? Bc I literally tried anything to sleep when I jumped besides melatonin (benadryl, seroquel, trazidone, etc)