Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharks fan
  • 3 Post By Sharks fan
Tapering off suboxone...any advice or personal experiences?
    sunshinedust is offline New Member

Default Tapering off suboxone...any advice or personal experiences?

I'm new to this site and I am using Robert325's taper program as it was suggested to me as a really good plan. I was just wondering if anyone would like to offer some advice or share their own experiences with me. I'm really eager to be totally clean...I hate the side effects I get from subs and I just want off already. I get the the worst headaches and an also tired a lot of the time. There are more but those are the main things I hate. Also I have jut been on sub for so long and I can't afford it anymore. I'm scared that I'll get wd's at some point during this process, and I'm not sure I can deal with that considering I just got a new job. Either way, I want this, bad, so I'm gonna do it....but some feedback from people who have gotten off of subs would really help! I've already gotten some helpful advice and suggestions. Really glad I joined this site
    I can't wait to feel EVERYTHING again!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Where are you at in your taper right now? How much sub? How long have you been on? How are you feeling now? andy symptoms? Let us know exactly where you are and we can help you so much better.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Where are you at in your taper right now? How much sub? How long have you been on? How are you feeling now? andy symptoms? Let us know exactly where you are and we can help you so much better.

Peace,

Iloerose
    I am on 2 mg a day for the next couple days, then ill be going down 25% for four days and so on until I get low enough and start skipping days. I feel fine now, no wd symptoms as of yet...I'm worried that once I jump off completely I'll be sick for a while, and I don't know if I'll be able to deal with that at work :/

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post

Peace,

Iloerose
    Also, I forgot to mention that I've been on subs for about a year and a half. I was prescribed to take 12 mg a day for a while then took it upon myself to start taking less and less until I got down to 2mg a day, then I found the taper plan on this site and decided to give it a shot because I just wanna get off the stuff...I'm so over it! Lol

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

You won't be able to get away with no symptoms, but if you continue to follow the taper it should be totally manageable. I was lethargic and had very little motivation for about a week after I jumped but it wasn't horrible.

Check out Alex's thread, he jumped off a little over a year ago.

It's tempting to rush this but don't, go slow, don't drop until you are stable. You are very close if you're at 2mg.
    alexnt likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

sunshine hi I already have spoke with you on another thread so we have met. Just follow Roberts taper plan and you will be fine. The 4 day drop is not wrote in stone so if after 4 days at a dose if you don't feel completely stable at that dose stay on it till you do. Long term sub users sometimes have to slow down there taper towards the end sometimes. I cant recall if you have been on subs for very long but was thinking maybe you have been. Keep tapering down to at least .25 befor you think about jumping off and you can reduce even lower then that if you want. Good to see you started your own thread and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Sharks fan View Post
    You won't be able to get away with no symptoms, but if you continue to follow the taper it should be totally manageable. I was lethargic and had very little motivation for about a week after I jumped but it wasn't horrible.

Check out Alex's thread, he jumped off a little over a year ago.

It's tempting to rush this but don't, go slow, don't drop until you are stable. You are very close if you're at 2mg.
    Yeah, I wasn't planning on jumping off until at least about a month and a half or so.
    I'm pretty confident that I can do it if the symptoms won't be extreme. Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the advice Alex. People have been really quick to reply and it's all really helpful and encouraging. Much appreciated! I'll update soon

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

As Alex said, you might have to go a little slower when you get down to the lower doses. The key is don't drop until you're completely stable. The 4 day rule isn't written in stone, the idea is to not get stuck at a dose for too long but if you need an extra day or two you should absolutely take it. You've come this far, no need to rush now.

Check out Ken's thread, he just jumped about a month ago. His symptoms were completely manageable. It really helped me to read positive success stories. Everything I read was a horror story and it scared me, knowing that some people were able to jump with minimal problems was so inspiring. I was definitely dragging and I wasn't very motivated but it was NOTHING like c/t. Because we've all tried to c/t so many times we have this idea that it's going to be just like that and it's not at all.

Keep posting, it really helps to keep a journal.
    Iwantoff2013, Ken2727 and alexnt like this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Welcome here Sunshine . Ken here and I want to give you my best wishes to finish this up .

The best advice I can offer is trust in these people whom are already posting here . Iloerose , Alex And Sharks all are very wise and helped me greatly finishing my taper up with their guidance . Like Sharks said above it has been over a month ( 48 days ) since I jumped off a 3 year sub merry go round . Like Sharks stated about her jump mine also was Nothing like a c/t . Though I am disabled and do not work I would have been able to if I still where . I was tired the first week and aching somewhat with a few other manageable things . If you do read my thread and have Any questions please feel free to ask .

Ken

You guys are great. Thanks so much for the help!

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Sunshine

Dropping in to see how you are doing lately and say I hope things are going well .

Peace

Ken