Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
Tired of feeling tired
    Carguy4287 is offline Junior Member

Default Tired of feeling tired

Hello, I have been sub free for 13 days today and I just can't shake being weak and tired I want to get up and do stuff around my house but I don't. Can somebody please tell me how long I'm going to feel this way and if there is anything I can do to help get over being tired
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy4287 View Post
    Hello, I have been sub free for 13 days today and I just can't shake being weak and tired I want to get up and do stuff around my house but I don't. Can somebody please tell me how long I'm going to feel this way and if there is anything I can do to help get over being tired
    How much sub were you taking when you jumped? Were you completely stable at that dose before the jump? Give us the short version on how you tapered including how much each drop was and how long were you taking subs? It does take a while to shed the iron suit but you're two weeks in now. Congratulations! Answer these questions and maybe I or someone else can give you a better idea how much longer you'll have to tolerate this.

In the meantime, drink tons of water to help to get rid of the last of the sub that's still in your system. Eat a protein rich diet. Protein shakes are a good, easy idea. I used almond milk, a little raw honey, berries, banana, protein powder and ice cubes. Throw that all into a blender and you'll get the protein you need. Have you looked at the Thomas Recipe? If not, you can find it on a sticky here on the Forum or just google it. It's a list of vitamins and supplements that will help to replenish all the good stuff you need. Exercise! I know it sounds impossible and it doesn't have to be a marathon. A good 10 or 15 minute brisk walk will help. It really will. Do your best to get up and get moving. I know how hard it is but just keep telling yourself that it's going to help because it will.

Keep posting. YAY for you for finishing with the subs. Answer those couple of questions and I'll try to help more.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 and Carguy4287 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Here you are. Good deal. Didn't see if earlier.

Beef

Was on a stable dose but like I said I was on percs for like 6_7 years 2.5 years on subs the last couple of months I was tapering down from 2 8mg strips 2 maybe 1/2 to 3/4 strip a day the last strip I had I made it last 3 or 4 days maybe a week. I feel great other than being tired. Sleep good at night only had the bathroom problem a couple of days all that is gone just tired get woren down quickly. Sry I'm not the greatest at explaining stuff
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy4287 View Post
    Was on a stable dose but like I said I was on percs for like 6_7 years 2.5 years on subs the last couple of months I was tapering down from 2 8mg strips 2 maybe 1/2 to 3/4 strip a day the last strip I had I made it last 3 or 4 days maybe a week. I feel great other than being tired. Sleep good at night only had the bathroom problem a couple of days all that is gone just tired get woren down quickly. Sry I'm not the greatest at explaining stuff
    Yikes! If I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like you may have jumped from 2mg/day or maybe even more. If those are 8mg strips and 1 lasted 3 or 4 days, that's where that lands. That's a lot. In addition, you were on 16mg/day for a couple of years until tapering down over the past couple of months. We recommend around here a very slow taper down to 1/4mg/day or less before attempting to jump. The reason is that the half life of subs in incredibly long so it has a stacking effect. Meaning that it builds in your system so that at any one time you have far more in you system than what you took today or even the past several days.

Based on what you've told me and if I am understanding it correctly, this might get worse before it gets better. Sorry. If it doesn't get any worse than this, you most definitely dodged a bullet. Believe me, it could be a whole lot worse than what you describe. Having been able to get through nearly two weeks, I would urge you to hold on tight no matter what and see this through. You likely will have at least another couple of weeks of this before things begin to turn around. The improvement will be very gradual and the last symptoms to get better are sleep and energy. Hope it helps just to know that this is what to expect and that you're not alone. It will get better but you have got to just give it time. It takes a lot of determination there's no question about it. It's hard not being able to sleep well and have to trudge through everyday just wanting to lay around. Speaking of which, that's the worst thing you can do. Force yourself up and out of the house. Get some exercise, drink a lot of fluids, and eat a protein rich diet. All of that will help some.

Keep posting. I really do hope that you begin to feel better soon. You have come a very long way so stay strong and push through this last part. Feeling great again is just around the corner waiting for you.

Peace,

Cat

Hey carguy. Back again. Listen to everything Cat tells you she helped me immensely during my jump. It was a long and frustrating experience but so rewarding. I jumped from 1mg of sub about 2 months ago. I found this site around day 11 when my body was screaming at me. I had all the good old classic w/d symptoms. Just like cat said it is so gradual that sometimes you don't feel like you're making progress at all. That's when you think back and remember how you felt at day 6-7. When I did that I instantly felt better. Whenever they told me that time was the only healer I wanted to throw my phone at the wall. But it's true. The mind is a powerful thing and keeping a positive mind set is key. For me instarted getting back to "normalish" around week 3-4. Like cat told you energy and sleep are the last things to level out. I'm still working on my sleep issues but they are better. First few weeks I didn't get much sleep at all. But it improves. And trust me when I tell you it is much better on this side of the fence.

I know you want energy now. But it is gonna take you time. Sorry. Try some supplements they helped me. And moving around definately helps. Blast some music and sing your heart out. Stay Active. Drink tons of water/gatorade. Keep posting and ask as many questions as you need to. Read others threads, it helps occupy your mind on those long nights. Youre already 13 days in, stay the course!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

You are reading that right but with that being said I forced myself to get up and clean my kitchen I'm making diner nothing fancy just chicken strips and Mac and cheese. I have no choice but to hang tough I have 2 sons in their teens a new wife and a baby cooking in her bun and I got a great job on the way I have been trying to get into fire department for awhile,have an apt to go and interview for that at the end of this month.

Thank you for your words of encouragement but I really hope you are wrong about the worst not being over I can deal with this feeling tired for a couple more weeks cause like said above I have a lot riding on this and there is no f****** way I'm going back now. I felt like a total waste of skin for 8 days day 9 was great 10,11, and so and so WILL GET BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey carguy. Back again. Listen to everything Cat tells you she helped me immensely during my jump. It was a long and frustrating experience but so rewarding. I jumped from 1mg of sub about 2 months ago. I found this site around day 11 when my body was screaming at me. I had all the good old classic w/d symptoms. Just like cat said it is so gradual that sometimes you don't feel like you're making progress at all. That's when you think back and remember how you felt at day 6-7. When I did that I instantly felt better. Whenever they told me that time was the only healer I wanted to throw my phone at the wall. But it's true. The mind is a powerful thing and keeping a positive mind set is key. For me instarted getting back to "normalish" around week 3-4. Like cat told you energy and sleep are the last things to level out. I'm still working on my sleep issues but they are better. First few weeks I didn't get much sleep at all. But it improves. And trust me when I tell you it is much better on this side of the fence.

I know you want energy now. But it is gonna take you time. Sorry. Try some supplements they helped me. And moving around definately helps. Blast some music and sing your heart out. Stay Active. Drink tons of water/gatorade. Keep posting and ask as many questions as you need to. Read others threads, it helps occupy your mind on those long nights. Youre already 13 days in, stay the course!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Thanks for the words beef today I unpack amazon Alexa plugged it in and just listen to music it does help to get you moving
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

So going to bed now will check tomorrow to let everyone know how day 14 goes. Thanks again for the kind words and support .

Hey. Just wanted to pop in and see how today went for you. Keep us posted.

Stay strong
    Beef

Hello things are going good still tired but going strong all go not quit well I guess I did quit but man for the first time for anything in my life it feels right and awesome to say I'm a quitter. Sorry it's just my f'd up humor

You're killing it bud. Take it one at a time. It will be behind you soon. Keep your head up. It gets better. This too shall pass. It's only temporary.

Stay strong
    Beef

Yes sir going to keep strong more than half way through a month no subs going to try and start working out again this weekend little at a time 20 mins on the treadmill

Hello everyone just checking in day 17 was stressful only because my boss is an a** he tried firing me because I'm close to getting in with the fire department I manage a very successful and busy automotive repair shop and he told me today he already hired my replacement and he starts Monday but when my assistant manager gave his 2 week notice today he came back and had to ask me to please stay so ha. In the past I would have ran to my safety net my subs but nope not even doing it made it through it never even thought about it.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Great great job Car. Those are our hardest moments. I've wanted to cave so so many times when the going got tough but came here instead. It helps a lot.

I was so irritable, everything just made me angry and frustrated. It get better and it is only temporary. You're doing a great job!!! Keep checking off those clean days. They start to get easier and everything is better!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey beef just checking in today is much better moving more at work and starting to see a happier me just can't wait for the big blinding light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone here has been so great and helpful I can't wait til I'm like you guys dropping words of support and wisdom to the people in coming years that need help on here would love to share my story with someone one day who is having a hard time maybe it would help someone.

Good deal. Glad you're feeling better. Mind over matter. You can do this. This place helped me so much over the last two months. If I can share some experience, and what little wisdom and knowledge I have to others who were in the same position I was when I landed here scared, alone and hurting and pick them up even a little bit that is a win in my book. It's my new favorite thing. I don't know everything about all types of meds. But I just share a little experience and try to motivate people and give them a push in the right direction. This site saved me. No doubt about it. I was looking for a magic potion to make my w/d disappear. But what I found was so much better. A family of amazing, smart, funny, and incredibly supportive addicts and I feel so lucky that they have accepted me into their little group.

Try it out. Post to someone, anyone. It feels really good!!!

Keep doing the next right thing!!! You're doing great. Proud of you!!
    Stay strong
    Beef

Hello everyone just checking in day 20 and still going strong. My wife bought some at home test to see if the bup is out of my system or not I'm pretty sure it should b by now but we just want to make sure the the fire department test coming soon so as soon as I take it I will up date. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you car

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey carguy, I wouldn't Stress over the FD test to much. 20 days should not show up in urine test. They usually don't test for subs,bupe. They have to specifically test for that it's usually a test to see how much is in your system at clinic's. You'll be fine but buying a test might ease your anxiety. I worked in LE and was on high amounts of Methadone never once showed up in a drug screen panel. btw your doing amazing...
    UncleLeo and Beefaroni7272 like this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Hey Lvg nghtmare yea test is more for me and my piece of mind. Thank you for the words.

You'll be fine just keep on doing what your doing my friend.. Proud of You..

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Carguy...welcome to the forum! I'm just now reading your thread and catching up on what's going on with you. You have such a great attitude about this whole thing. That will help you a LOT! I don't know anything about what you are coming off of, so I can't help you much there,but you seem to be doing so well...hang in there...sounds like you have a whole 'nuther chance at life, and sounds like you are doing so great! Congrats on ...what?! day 20 now? And on the new wife, new job, and new bun in the oven!
    DravenDomnq likes this.
    .....Ryka-Leah

Leah hey never really did anything but percs and the subs 7 years or so on pills and 2- 3 years on the subs just a little back story. Also nghtmare took the test came back neg so I'm going to be just fine like you said just one more reason not to give up.

Thanks car

See anxiety and stress for nothing.. just keep doing what your doing. Keep posting we are all here to support you...

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Seriously carguy - you're doing awesome. We're all super proud of you. Getting to day 20 is no joke and you're crushing it.

Chalk off another clean day. Just like uncleleo said we are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work my friend!! It gets easier and sooooo much better!!!

Congratulations
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Carguy4287 like this.

Good morning everyone the day finds me well still going strong as beef tells me to hope you are all doing well. I haven't been on in a day on so Thursday we are going to my wife's fathers house for Turkey day a little worried about it have been there without being on something and I know that there is going to be a lot of questions about the baby, the fire department and when are we going to buy a new house so we will see how things go, however they go it won't be enough to make me change my path.

Keeping strong car

Droppinthepoppy is offline Junior Member

Carguy, being a little ahead of me, I follow what you write very closely. I’m on day 12 today and the fatigue is definitely the most annoying remaining symptom. Last night was my longest sleep (11 hours) so I was so grateful that the insomnia left for one night. When I jumped from 1/2 mg a year ago I was back to normal in 10 days, although I hadn’t been on subs for long. This time is a different story as I jumped from 4 mg after coming down from 8-10 over 10 days (and had been on 8-10 for a year). BIG difference. Keep letting me know how you are doing as I get hope from it - more than you know! Keep hanging on, I’m proud of you.
    Carguy4287 likes this.

Hey Droppin glad I can help if even in the smallest way just post man it helps the people on here are great they will help and encourage you my friend but from what I've heard a 4mg jump is huge but hang in it gets much much better. One that keeps me going is knowing I never have to hunt for stuff or taste those nasty a** subs ever ever ever again.

Like beef says stay strong you doing it.
    There is light at the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast