• 3 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
truth about half-life in subs
    ghostrc is offline Member

Default truth about half-life in subs

I found this article:

When weaning off it's important you only drop a dose every 10 to 14 days because of the long half-life of the drug. Both subutex and suboxone have a 36 hours half-life which means half the drug will be out of your system in 36 hours BUT this does not mean the other half will be gone 36 hours after this. It means after another 36 hours half the remainder will be gone and after a further 36 hours half of this remainder will be gone and so on if you taper a dose every 3 or 4 days you will be in constant withdrawal and this is not the road to go down.

It goes on more but you get the point, i never realized it was like that, now wondering why the sticky says 3 to 4 days or stable? if thats true about the half-life would it not be impossible to be stable in 3 days?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-22-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hey Ghostric,

How many threads do you have anyway? lol I had to respond to this because, well I'm me. The reason for the reduce, take 4-5 days to stabilize and then reduce takes into account the long half life. I know there's a ton of info on the internet about subs and tapering. There's also a ton of doctors who prescribe as much as 32 mg/day. Just a lot of bad information.

Robert's Taper Plan with the reductions recommended is used widely here because it was planned by a real person who was addicted to monster stuff for a very long time and figured out a way that works to get off subs in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of discomfort. Is it totally without symptoms? No it isn't. But over and over again I see that it works if you work it. You know as well as the next person that the WORST thing is to be on them for too long. Hence, a little discomfort now saves a lot of discomfort months or years down the road.

Subs are expensive and we all want to be done with whatever we are taking with 1) the least discomfort and 2) the quickest way. Robert's Plan, in my opinion, addresses both in the best possible way. A little misery but at least it's not for long. So, Robert's Plan works so why try to reinvent the wheel? Not criticizing you and I applaud you for sharing what you've learned. Just defending a process that I know works if you work it.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23, Randy35 and Lastchance186 like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Ghost
    I certainly Agree with Cat. Robert325 suggests dropping on 5th day IF little to no wd. But it does say "little" which means there is "Some" wd.
    Some folks stayed longer on each dose but most of us did not do fewer than 4-5 days per dose.
    As for Wikipedia, lol, have they done such a detox?
    Robert325 Repeatedly said to use subs for the "shortest" time possible. There is a residual amount of subs in our bodies after we Stop taking them due to half-life. It sucks.
    It's taken me a couple of months to start feeling normal since i jumped.
    Each person reacts differently during and after taper.
    Do what's good for your particular body now. Drink a lot of water, eat light, exercise.
    Omg! Had u spent 10 days per dose there would be far more subs inside you after the jump. However, iluvtosmile spent that long per dose, so some people do it that way.
    The point is that the Process works and i am still free of methadone or subs!
    Yay!
    Randy35 and Lastchance186 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    I found this article on WIKIHOW i suck at computers so not sure how to just link it so ill type it,
    .When weaning off it's important you only drop a dose every 10 to 14 days because of the long half-life of the drug. Both subutex and suboxone have a 36 hours half-life which means half the drug will be out of your system in 36 hours BUT this does not mean the other half will be gone 36 hours after this. It means after another 36 hours half the remainder will be gone and after a further 36 hours half of this remainder will be gone and so on if you taper a dose every 3 or 4 days you will be in constant withdrawal and this is not the road to go down.

It goes on more but you get the point, i never realized it was like that, now wondering why the sticky says 3 to 4 days or stable? if thats true about the half-life would it not be impossible to be stable in 3 days?

Theres so much misinformation out there. Have to be careful what you read and take to heart. The actual half life of subs is between 24 and 72 hours. The "mean" or average half life is around 36 - 37 hours. It all depends on the metabolism rate of the individual. Factors such as physical condition, fluid intake, body height/weight, etc all come into play. The half life for one person may be around 24 - 36 hours and for another it may be 48 - 72 hours. So it differs in all of us.

I've posted many times in different threads how the half life works. What also counts is that while the half life is leaving your system you continue to take more sub on a daily basis. So it builds in your system faster that it can dissipate via the half life. That's why the longer a person is on subs the tougher it is to get off….it builds and builds and builds.

The taper plan written by the late Robert325 plain and simply WORKS if followed closely. The horror stories where sub is concerend are always for the same reasons. I've spoke about those reasons many times and no need to repeat them again now. Same with the "quick" tapers….very few success stories to report. Yes, some have success, but not that many. And some have success jumping from high doses, but again that's very, very few.

Randy
    Ming23, Catrina and Lastchance186 like this.

sorry to start a new thread i thought thats what i do when taking about something different sorry guys/gals, and again im just asking question and learning i by no means except everything i read, thats why i like to discuss things.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Just kidding with you about the new thread. Although it is better to only keep one going or it's just to hard to follow you. No offense either about bringing up what you found about subs and half life. This is important enough that it bears repeating for new peeps.

How you doing anyway? Haven't seen an update about you for a while but maybe I missed it?

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

I am AMAZING cat, Day 25 and loving it lol things are slowly going back to normal i know it will take time and im ok with that. im getting 6 to 7 hours sleep now and the only thing left is the sneezing which is weird, but its not 15 at a time its only 2 or 3 lol but im doing great thanks again for all your help
    Ming23 likes this.