Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
using subs only for detox
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Shawnee .... Curious to know what you have decided to do about this? You have our suggestions, but it is a tough choice to make when you have some of the drugs left in your possesion. Please keep posting as we all just want to help you get through this no matter what you decide to do! God Bless....Denny

shawnee35 is offline New Member

I flushed the percs didn't take anything it hit hard I don't understand why it was like straight full on opiate detox by 6am I had the shakes in and out of bathroom rls was crazy so I'm sorry but I took a sub I folded. I took .25 watited hur nothing took another .25 waited 1 1/2 hurs nothing tok anther .25 and I am fd still feel sme withdrawl but its bareable. so i'm stable ay .75mg sorry guess i didn't know why it hit me so hard, I whimped out but I;m not quiting but now what?

Anonymous Guest

well now you are going to have to taper all over again.... this time get to below .25 mg before you jump, or the same thing is going to happen... i had a feeling after reading your posts, you were going to take the subs anyway...

Anonymous Guest

shawnee, you have to get serious about this or it is not going to work... see you were down to .5, then jumped, then got back on percs, only to end up on .75mg....

can you see why we were all concerned,,, this is not a good way to get off drugs. it actually has put you back..

how many subs have you got left, that would determine how long you can stay on to get this right this time...?

Anonymous Guest

oh and get rid of your perc supply contact. how do you get them.. it seems to easy, and go to a NA meeting, there is a lot of work to do getting clean besides the sub part... you have to want to help yourself as well..

I can get subs thats not prob I have 2 8mg right now I plan on pushing myself down to my point .5 and the next day and than just start doing the skipping thing. this whole thing stems frm my fear of f the wd nt the getting high I've been thrugh alot and have always been strong but the wd the physical part kills me once i'm done that i d the work face all my bad stuff do my meeting just wish i would have done subs the short way in first place being on such high dose and weaning down did all that but the momment i feel the wd i freak out why

like i wish i could just sleep through it and it hit so hard this time and it wasn't even day 3 which is the worse I'll wean back down ff sub i knw i'll feel bad but it can't feel like just pure ct i'm a wesk when it comes to that I mean I've had things in my life that vause pain like horrible pain and handle it why does the feelings of wd beat me
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I know i messed up and just didn't want to feel any wd but what i felt last night and this morning is reason i wen to subs I WILL deal with the minor wd that cmes frm sub detox I just wan to do it so should I drop to .5 tomorrow try to skip tmorrow all together cause f half life what do i need to do now I still just want to wean down and het off I know now that all the bs of i could take opiates and than just stop and it would be like nothing but I don't want to take 7 months to get back ff subs either . I know I've been a pain and frustrating but pls don't quit on me.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnee35 View Post
    I can get subs thats not prob I have 2 8mg right now I plan on pushing myself down to my point .5 and the next day and than just start doing the skipping thing. this whole thing stems frm my fear of f the wd nt the getting high I've been thrugh alot and have always been strong but the wd the physical part kills me once i'm done that i d the work face all my bad stuff do my meeting just wish i would have done subs the short way in first place being on such high dose and weaning down did all that but the momment i feel the wd i freak out why
    Shawnee .... Please ry your best to use the Subs the correct way. They were designed to be used a certain way ok? You should NOT just reduce your dose as you feel like it! i gave you the link in my second post to read through. Please read it throughly so you will become familiar with how they are supposed to be used. The plan can be altered to fit your particular situation, but the overall process should be used if possible! And that is to stay on your current dose for 4 days or so and then reduce that dose by 25% and keep going that way.

You say that you can get more Subs so you should plan on doing so ok? And you should remain on the current dose of 0.75 for 4 days or so and then reduce your dose by 25% down to the next dose of 0.50mg. And very important is the fact that you should not take it in more than 2 doses per day ok? And also try to take it at the same time each day Shawnee! You could take 1 single dose for now of 0.75mg around the noon hour or you could take 2 separate doses of maybe 0.50mg in the morning and the other 0.25mg in the afternoon. Something similiar to that ok?

Up to you of course, but for the very BEST chance of success you MUST stick to a structured plan Shawnee and get off the Subs the right way! Not bounce all over taking a dose when you feel like it! We will be here if you need us ok? So just try to relax a bit and get your self in order and you will be free from the Subs in a short time and be completely clean ok? You can do this and there have been literally about a thousand people use the Subs the way that I have just described it to you. Nothing is written in stone and we can always go a little different way for just you Shawnee, but like I said, the overall process needs to remain close to the same for nearly everyone. I hope that this helps you as I want you clean and so do all of the others. God Bless....Denny
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I know i messed up and just didn't want to feel any wd but what i felt last night and this morning is reason i wen to subs I WILL deal with the minor wd that cmes frm sub detox I just wan to do it so should I drop to .5 tomorrow try to skip tmorrow all together cause f half life what do i need to do now I still just want to wean down and het off I know now that all the bs of i could take opiates and than just stop and it would be like nothing but I don't want to take 7 months to get back ff subs either . I know I've been a pain and frustrating but pls don't quit on me.
    Like I just told you please remain on the 0.75mg dose for a total of about 4 days and then reduce that dose by 25% down to 0.50 daily dose and take that in either 1 single dose, or 2 separate doses 0.25mg each ok Shawnee?

fedupnow is offline Member

I know how hard this is and sorry you had to grab your sub again.. just treat this as a learning experience and really try and listen to the people helping you, it's hard and i know this, but you have to be 150% committed to do this.. You also have to accept the fact that you will go through withdrawal (healing process) one way or another..

EDIT: listen to Denny_D

I myself am weaning down and am probably not the best here to help you with the true process but i can support you.. I too will be needing support in the coming weeks.. good luck and stay strong!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Like I just told you please remain on the 0.75mg dose for a total of about 4 days and then reduce that dose by 25% down to 0.50 daily dose and take that in either 1 single dose, or 2 separate doses 0.25mg each ok Shawnee?
    Shawnee .... I completely undestand just how hard, and how SCARY this all is ok, but I abused drugs for over 35 years and used the Subs to get clean and I am suggesting to you the correct way to use them ok? You just really need to relax a little bit and stay on your current dose of 0.75mg for a total of 4 days or so, and then reduce to 0.50 mg and stay there for 4 days or so.

Then keep using that method until you are down to a dose as low as you can get it and then try your best to use the day-skipping process ok? You can do this Shawnee and there will be someone here at all times to help you! So just relax and stay on the 0.75mg for a couple more days and then reduce to 0.50mg and we will help you from there! God Bless....Denny

If I'm not here then Cheeky or Robert, Henry, or several others will be here to help you all of the way ok Shawnee? So just please do your part and we will do ours and together you WILL get clean in a very short time!

thank yu denny I just worked so hard to go from 16mg to mess up cause i listen to someone say juts take percs for week and than stop and you won't get the withdrawls from the subs. Now I'm back ten stepps but htis time I'll jusy ahndle what given to me in the end .

Shawnee .... I can assure you that NO ONE is going to ever quit on you! You just need to be a little bit trusting of us and we will help you get to exactly where you need to be and that is CLEAN ok? God Bless....Denny

thank yu denny I just worked so hard to go from 16mg to mess up cause i listen to someone say juts take percs for week and than stop and you won't get the withdrawls from the subs. Now I'm back ten stepps but htis time I'll jusy ahndle what given to me in the end .
    I can also assure you that lots of us messed up too! I did and many times Shawnee! But if you do this the right way the frustrations will end and you WILL get clean and be free from that junk ok?

Anonymous Guest

shawnee it took me plenty of times trying ct before i went and got on a methadone program years and years back.... then i still used after i got clean... and ended back to square one AGAIN...
    it toook me to use subs to get clean this time, and glad to say im over a year clean now... no needles for nearly 3 years now...

so it is possible.. you have to stick to the plan... and no one escapes from some symptoms ok... the taper makes it easier, but at the end we all have to push on thru or end up using again... its that easy,,, when the time comes you are gonna have to ''man up'' and push thru if you want this...

there isnt a drug addict on the PLANET that doesnt feel the same way as you do about wd we all hate it. otherwise we would all get clean easy as....

i would suggest going to a few NA meetings.. be straight up. i did. i told them i was on subs, trying to get clean. and they were very supportive.. give it a go...

Shawnee .... How are you doing today? Please post if you get a minute and let us know how you are doing ok? Thank you. God Bless....Denny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12