Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!

To be totally honest my joints don't hurt that bad at all. Certainly not bad enough for pain meds. Just barely enough at what I call "Tylenol level pain" when I walk its annoying. But Im just gonna try to lay around as much as possible today to push through and go as long as I can without dosing. Nothing in my system since Sat at 9:00 am. No stomach ache, No "jitters" no chills. Just a few achy joints but I ran around all day yesterday. Im so excited! One day at a time! Wish me luck!!!!

HeavyConscious- Its been over 30 days for you right?!! How are you feeling?

jayryan is offline Member

I was reading thru your thread...how ya doin with everything... do you mind if i ask how your mom is? I too am watching my mom suffer and scared for her as she too is down to less then a hundred pounds..... hang in ther i know its hard to see a loved one go thru something like that....especially when we are trying to get better ourselves...my heart goes out to you and really hope the both of you are doing well and glad you have support...anyway peace jay
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    I was reading thru your thread...how ya doin with everything... do you mind if i ask how your mom is? I too am watching my mom suffer and scared for her as she too is down to less then a hundred pounds..... hang in ther i know its hard to see a loved one go thru something like that....especially when we are trying to get better ourselves...my heart goes out to you and really hope the both of you are doing well and glad you have support...anyway peace jay
    No I don't mind at all! Back when my Mom was struggling at her worst was when I was pregnant with my 2nd child so that was 7 years ago. Today she is doing much much better. She has a medical condition, so she has to be on some sort of pain medication to function but is healthy now and has things under control and gained her weight back. Back then was definitely her rock bottom. I will be honest with you.....I KNOW had I not took a stand and done something drastic she would have killed herself and overdosed or died from side effects of being so unhealthy on the meds. She could barely stay awake and could barely have a conversation she was on so many different meds. Different Drs too it was bad. I remember calling a Drs office cursing and threatening to sue the Dr if my mother died from mixing meds, because he was prescribing her things that were not to be mixed with what she was on already. I called every Dr and told them she was seeing other Drs, I will sue if I see another prescription and she passes away because of this. I was desperate. By far the worst off I have ever seen anyone in my life and I've had a rough life. One bit of advice...is sometimes even your own parents need you to stand up to them for them. When someone is beyond the point of no return and too drugged to even think straight to make a conscious decision...it takes drastic measures. It takes a massive kick in the ass. I just decided enough is enough..I'm not going to sit back and watch my Mom die. It was probably by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, I cried every single day....but shes better because of it. It was hard, but I begged her to come "visit" and I secretly setup an appointment with a rehab counselor. I drove her there and the lady took one look at her and she got sent to the hospital for medical detox. She was there for two weeks. Just to show you how severe 2 weeks is in a hospital is these days....my husband crashed going 80 mph snapped his ankle clean off and had it sewn back together..he was sent home in ONE week. Thats how physically ill she had become. So malnourished from forgetting to eat or drinking hardly. You forget when someone is on meds and losing weight, food=life, those vitamins are vital to your life. She had to be put on an IV because her potassium levels were so low. They said they didn't see her making it another week had I not brought her in. Without potassium and all those vitamins we need your heart can just stop. Its not JUST overdose that can kill you. So much more to it. If your Mom is underweight...and out of control. IF you fear for her life at all, help her. Get her into rehab. It could save her life. BUT you have to be willing to be the bad guy, be hated at times for putting her through the pain of detoxing. I just was so desperate I didn't even care, she might have hated me then but she's alive today. You can't tip toe around feelings, you can't hide how your feeling. You can't sugar coat things. Don't hide it. Tell your Mom how you feel, at her soberest. At her most coherent sit her down and just tell her I'm AFRAID for you. Dont do this to me, don't make me watch you kill yourself. I know it hurts you more then it hurts her, she might not even know, she might think your not affected...she might not know the severity of it and be making excuses until you get 100% honest and just pour your heart out. I know how you feel :/ a lot of people know the struggle of addiction but not many know the feeling of sitting back feeling helpless being on the other side watching the one person your supposed to be able to come to when YOU need help, when that person is lost in their own world. Life is 10 times harder, your lost yourself. No matter how old you get you always need that older wiser parent figure to run to. When you don't have that life is rough. Don't sit back though, thats my only advice. Don't take no for an answer. Tell her if she loves you she would take the help. If not you can't torture yourself watching her die and you wont be around to see it, and that yes it is a big deal, it is real and it is hurting you. Thats all you can do and hope for the best. Keep trying! Never give up. My Mom is alive, yes shes not 100% off any prescriptions but she's still trying and loves her kids enough to not to that to us again so she is healthy. In the meantime take care of yourself, learn from your Mom's mistakes, this stuff is no joke. The sooner you can get healthy the better. Feel free to message me here anytime if you need any advice.

auburn girl is offline Member

So you haven't had any sub since Saturday, are you already on your 2 day skip? Great job! I am a very busy mom, too. No time to be "sick" with the kids, activities, and school, plus I work part time. I just went down to .75 today. Thanks for the inspiration. If you can do it so can I.

LOL I am just testing the waters...waiting for all hell to break loose but so far it hasn't! If I make it through today I make it....if I need it I got it and I will take it because I made it ONE whole day at least! Yes you can do it and you'll feel so much better. Last week emotionally I was a mess thinking I couldn't do it, and this week I'm feeling so much better. You will be able to function....and if you need a day off, take it. Life will still be there tomorrow...I know its hard but if you feel like your not accomplishing anything by taking an off day if the house isn't getting cleaned and you gotta order pizza for dinner. Your bettering yourself. Gotta take care of you before you can take care of anyone else! Congrats on your drop! You got this supermom!
    alexnt likes this.

Hey Alex, How are you? (I saw your like there ) Hope your well. I was trying to occupy my time yesterday going through some threads I saw something about your back. Hope its better by now? That is my biggest fear...going through all this only to get injured and need some sort of pain medication to function. Blah.

Anyways....so I made it from 9:00 am Saturday Morning...to 7:35 pm precisely last night (every minute counts lol) before I took the .125 mg dose again. So since I made it almost two full days I'm gonna try to push it a little further again this time. So if I dosed at 7:35 PM last night....I can't dose until AFTER 7:35 pm TOMorrow night! GASP GASP CHOKE lol....Sounds like a huge feat. I'm hoping I can just fall asleep and not think about it. Honestly looking back...It wasn't all that bad, I've felt MUCH worse. Just for some reason my right ankle (my driving ankle..and I drive a lot coincidently) and my right hip kills. A teeny bit of hot and cold flashes but nothing too unmanageable just annoying. Just felt a little gross and changed a lot and caked on the body spray all day (sorry just being honest). JUST when I thought I couldn't take the annoying joint pain and took that dose...I also put some icy hot on my ankle and dammit if it didn't take away the pain before the subs kicked in even. So I probably could've gone without. :/ Damn. Getting a little impatient and ready for this to be over! I'm just gonna see how I feel from now on. If in two days I'm not feeling too bad I might just keep going with it and jump! Ya never know!

OH and I am catching up on the show Lost (idk if any of you have seen it I'm so late lol...) and of COURSE it was the episode where the guy was kicking H. (Because they're stuck on an island and he ran out) I got SO sucked in and found myself hardcore rooting for him. This older man was holding his stash from him trying to help him get clean and he said "I will let you choose. You asked 2 times for it back and the 3rd time you ask...I WILL give it back." So you watch this guy sweat and look like death and he asks twice....shamefully but desperate.... Then another day goes by and hes super sick I mean sick.... and then he asks the third time, the old man hands him his stash.....AND HE THROWS IT INTO A FIRE HIMSELF! YES! YESsss!!!! I was so happy for him...haha. Then I took my dose of sub because my ankle was killing :/ and felt really weak for doing it. Especially after watching that. But I will kick this! I will throw it "into the fire myself"...maybe a toilet if I get ballsy?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-08-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Some inspiration..because I need it and incase anyone else does...

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you. –Jim Rohn"

"If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh"

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. –Ralph Waldo Emerson"

"Believe you can and you’re halfway there. –Theodore Roosevelt"

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. –Arthur Ashe"

"It takes more then a voice to teach your child, to take action and have the strength to be the kind of person that you'd want your child to be."

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington"

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius"

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Just wanted to check in and say good luck with your skip days! Sounds like you're doing great.

As everyone says, so much of the process is now a mental battle, rather than physical. Stay strong and you will do just fine.

Keep us posted.
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Just wanted to check in and say good luck with your skip days! Sounds like you're doing great.

As everyone says, so much of the process is now a mental battle, rather than physical. Stay strong and you will do just fine.

Keep us posted.
    Kat
    Thanks....I know I know..ugh lol time is definitely crawling by today. I've been feeling waves of anxiousness come and go like I need to be doing something I just don't have much motivation to do anything. Just trying to keep my mind off how I feel. The thing that irks me the most is I have SO much laundry to do and I don't have the energy to do it all in one day. Our washer broke for about 2 weeks so I'm still playing catch up on laundry. Irks me that I don't have the energy to knock it out. Then don't get me started on my kids rooms...hurricane Katrina rolled through apparently while we were sleeping . I just shut the door the past few days and I'm trying to stay in the clean parts of my house so I don't drive myself crazy lol. The mess will be there when I feel better right? Still very frustrating. I've just been doing the bare minimum to function today. I don't feel sick but I don't feel well...if that makes sense. Wish I could sleep through today and tomorrow! THAT is what Drs need to come up with...something that will knock us out for days while we are withdrawing and we wake up magically feeling better. How nice would that be? Then again if there were no such thing as withdrawals I'm sure a lot of us would be in a deeper hole then we were in before. No consequences for our actions...it would be all over. So I guess I'm kinda glad to feel like this just all the more reason to NEVER do this >>>> again! Whew. I almost feel like I'm being punished.

Hurricane Katrina in the bedroom....lol..too funny.

I hear ya! My dining room table has become a paperwork-stacked nightmare. Old bills to be shredded, stuff that needs to be filed, a couple piles of my son's clothes to be returned. Kill me. Everyday I swear I'm gonna work on it and I never do. So I'm pretty much doing what you're doing - staying in the clean parts of the house! I work from home and my son is only 20 mos.. so some days I don't get anything else done.

Yep, sleeping through WD would be nice. But, as someone once said -- "we danced with the devil, now he wants his due". Ain't that the truth. Although, a sub taper is nothing like full cold turkey WD! We can be thankful for that!

What's the brand of energy chews you take?
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hurricane Katrina in the bedroom....lol..too funny.

I hear ya! My dining room table has become a paperwork-stacked nightmare. Old bills to be shredded, stuff that needs to be filed, a couple piles of my son's clothes to be returned. Kill me. Everyday I swear I'm gonna work on it and I never do. So I'm pretty much doing what you're doing - staying in the clean parts of the house! I work from home and my son is only 20 mos.. so some days I don't get anything else done.

Yep, sleeping through WD would be nice. But, as someone once said -- "we danced with the devil, now he wants his due". Ain't that the truth. Although, a sub taper is nothing like full cold turkey WD! We can be thankful for that!

What's the brand of energy chews you take?
    Kat
    I responded in your post about the chews. Zoom. I had to take a 1/2 of the .125 about an hour ago. Idk what happened with today but I got this crazy strong heartburn feeling in my chest. Like bad acid indigestion my chest was on FIRE...and a stomach ache. I caved for the day. At least I took the bare minimum to get rid of it I guess...sigh. My husband keeps yelling at me about taking Tylenol so much, hes a worrier. I've already taken the Tylenol about an hour before the burning sensation so there was nothing else to take. It was pretty debilitating. Ouch. Idk if anyone else experienced that. I haven't had heartburn since I was pregnant. Never get it. So to add to the list of Withdrawal meds...some Mylanta maybe. Wish I had some here I would've taken that instead. I've got an OTC pharmacy going on in my house here with the amount of meds and remedies...you'd think I would have some Pepto or Mylanta or something. The burning was just too much to bear. So weird. Aww 20 mths old is a handful in itself lol....and boys too are active. At least my youngest is 4 he can all but fend for himself. I just need to feed him and help him get dressed and supervise him/keep him entertained. 20 mths old they are all over the place. I def feel your pain! Also LOL about the table. I like to cram things in decorative baskets lately and call it a day! Looks clean to me!

I can't wait until I'm back to my old self again. I go crazy not having the energy to do what I want to do....I have a massive to do list and I think thats almost as worse as the withdraws themselves. Not being able to do certain things its like torture. As far as the devil comment...Oh he is taking his due and some...I def agree. Play with fire you will get burned (heartburn! lol). That heartburn was traumatizing! Scared me for a sec I had to check my heartbeat...until I burped then felt better I was like whew I'm not dying LOL. Withdrawing makes me question every little pain I'm like...am I withdrawing or what is this? Can't wait til this is done with! Now I gotta regroup my plan. Do I try to skip tomorrow? Or try staying on half of .125 (I don't even know how to calculate that dose..but its half) for a few days then skip? I'm torn now. I hope the heartburn was a fluke side effect from an upset stomach.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Also....Something Jay said about addicts being selfish got me thinking. Just wanted to say thank you all so much for the support and positivity. So glad I made an acct here and am getting the chance to know you guys Alex, Kat, you've both been so nice to give your advice. Now Amber and Jay....hope you guys stick around too and we can all do this together and help each other lord knows we need all the help we can get.

Alright NOW enough sappiness!!!!! LOL. Off to handle some serious business. Dinner.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    I responded in your post about the chews. Zoom. I had to take a 1/2 of the .125 about an hour ago. Idk what happened with today but I got this crazy strong heartburn feeling in my chest. Like bad acid indigestion my chest was on FIRE...and a stomach ache. I caved for the day. At least I took the bare minimum to get rid of it I guess...sigh. My husband keeps yelling at me about taking Tylenol so much, hes a worrier. I've already taken the Tylenol about an hour before the burning sensation so there was nothing else to take. It was pretty debilitating. Ouch. Idk if anyone else experienced that. I haven't had heartburn since I was pregnant. Never get it. So to add to the list of Withdrawal meds...some Mylanta maybe. Wish I had some here I would've taken that instead. I've got an OTC pharmacy going on in my house here with the amount of meds and remedies...you'd think I would have some Pepto or Mylanta or something. The burning was just too much to bear. So weird. Aww 20 mths old is a handful in itself lol....and boys too are active. At least my youngest is 4 he can all but fend for himself. I just need to feed him and help him get dressed and supervise him/keep him entertained. 20 mths old they are all over the place. I def feel your pain! Also LOL about the table. I like to cram things in decorative baskets lately and call it a day! Looks clean to me!

I can't wait until I'm back to my old self again. I go crazy not having the energy to do what I want to do....I have a massive to do list and I think thats almost as worse as the withdraws themselves. Not being able to do certain things its like torture. As far as the devil comment...Oh he is taking his due and some...I def agree. Play with fire you will get burned (heartburn! lol). That heartburn was traumatizing! Scared me for a sec I had to check my heartbeat...until I burped then felt better I was like whew I'm not dying LOL. Withdrawing makes me question every little pain I'm like...am I withdrawing or what is this? Can't wait til this is done with! Now I gotta regroup my plan. Do I try to skip tomorrow? Or try staying on half of .125 (I don't even know how to calculate that dose..but its half) for a few days then skip? I'm torn now. I hope the heartburn was a fluke side effect from an upset stomach.
    LOL...your posts crack me up! It's funny you mentioned the heartburn. I've had that happen several times over the last few months. And I never got heartburn before. Weird. I have no idea where it's coming from, but it hurts! I have to gag down some Alka Seltzer or Mylanta. Really bizarre.

I agree, having a support group here of other members is awesome. I also go to NA & AA meetings, which for me are absolutely necessary. My temporary sponsor is really cool. She's a recovering alcoholic and painkiller addict, so she totally gets it.

As far as your skip days, I would just get right back on the horse! You already completed one skip day, right? So, you could either start over and skip one day, or try skipping two. Do what's comfortable. You're so close now!

Kat

Ok so since I took 1/2 the .125mg yesterday. I'm gonna TRY my hardest again today to skip. If today was anything like yesterday...if I start feeling too >>>>>>, then I'm gonna take 1/2 the .125 mg again for today. My theory is, worst case scenario I'll stabilize on an even lower dose and my skips will be even easier. I woke up actually feeling kind of refreshed today. Better then yesterday most def. I didn't even need to take any b12 or vitamins this morning just a cup of coffee and I don't feel fatigued or sluggish in the least bit. Hope that gives you guys something to look forward to! Feeling better!!! I'm gonna give it a days rest off all my vitamins incase some concoction of vitamins caused that killer heartburn. The only thing that I already feel now starting to feel aggrivated again is my right ankle grr. So annoying. I already took an Aleve it just takes the edge off...it starts feeling worse the more I walk then by the end of the night it is throbbing. On a positive note my right hip stopped hurting lol. So one down one more symptom to go! I've never had joint pain in my life so I know its the withdrawals from the subs. Anyone know of any good remedies? Any secret cream I should buy? I have, thermacare heat patches, Aleve, Tylenol, and Icy Hot. Icy hot works....I'm just over smelling like a pack of gum all day lol. Plus the hot/cold sensations I feel just aggravate the hot and cold flashes I already get. No chills today so far! Yesterday I felt really slight ones here and there. As long as I can get this ankle pain under control and off to buy some Mylanta and heartburn remedies just incase. I should be ok! Wish me luck..busy day today.

"Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit."
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Just realized I have completely been mixing up names and people on here. LOL So if I didn't thank you for your help don't take it personal! My memory is a little foggy lately. I have to keep re reading my own posts to remember how the days went or conversations I've had sometimes..Hopefully that will pass soon! I'm gonna try to keep myself busy today and go on with the skip! So far feeling pretty NORMAL. Never thought feeling normal could feel so weird but in a good way. Feeling much more alert and getting more enjoyment out of the "little things" that used to be all it takes to make me happy. I've been laughing and smiling a lot more and although my body isn't back to 100% yet. Mentally I'm MUCH MUCH happier off that stuff. Sucks the life out of you. Can't wait until I'm back to the old me, and I will NEVER EVER again take that person for granted. Because she was pretty awesome

You are doing AWESOME!!! Seriously gives me hope, strength, and courage. :-)

Hey, how has your sleep been through all of this? That is the one thing I hate and am not looking forward to. I can't stand not being able to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    You are doing AWESOME!!! Seriously gives me hope, strength, and courage. :-)

Hey, how has your sleep been through all of this? That is the one thing I hate and am not looking forward to. I can't stand not being able to sleep.
    I have slept pretty good considering! Surprisingly good really. The worst of it was just occasionally waking up here and there due to sweating and being hot but I went back to sleep pretty quickly. That happened a few nights only during one of my drops...think I went too fast. I usually fall asleep lately around 11:30-12:00 am depending on how good the show is I am watching and I wake up at 7:30 to get my kids off to school. I dropped from .25 to .125 which is 50% not 25%. Bad at math It never dawned on me until recently, I just dropped too fast. That was my worse drop also. So stick with the 25% as tedious and annoying as it is, and it will be easier on you. Only 10 more hours until this day is over! Don't feel like I need anything, just counting the hours I'm getting antsy to be done. Sleep has def been much better then full blown opiate withdrawal. That was torture...getting up in the middle of the night just trying to run in place or do anything to stop the creepy crawlies and muscle cramps ugh. Thankfully I haven't experienced that at all. Just don't drop too soon, really stabilize, and watch your calculations. Can't believe I didn't catch that sooner...

Thinking of jumping soon! I really truly don't know if I want to take another dose. I don't want another dose. I know I don't lol. Just don't want to feel like death! Alex or anyone if your reading....is it gonna be THAT bad?! Do you think I'll be ok Saturday morning if yesterday was my last day? I just have an exam Saturday I have to take..I'm a student. Also promised (stupidly) I wouldn't miss a friends son's bday party. Should I wait til Mon to jump? Am I gonna suddenly feel much worse then I do now? Or at this point is .0612 mgs doing anything? I have to pass that exam. Sucks if I didn't have that I would crawl my ass out of bed for the bday party. I just have to be alert to study and take this exam Sat morn.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Thinking of jumping soon! I really truly don't know if I want to take another dose. I don't want another dose. I know I don't lol. Just don't want to feel like death! Alex or anyone if your reading....is it gonna be THAT bad?! Do you think I'll be ok Saturday morning if yesterday was my last day? I just have an exam Saturday I have to take..I'm a student. Also promised (stupidly) I wouldn't miss a friends son's bday party. Should I wait til Mon to jump? Am I gonna suddenly feel much worse then I do now? Or at this point is .0612 mgs doing anything? I have to pass that exam. Sucks if I didn't have that I would crawl my ass out of bed for the bday party. I just have to be alert to study and take this exam Sat morn.
    Tonight is crawling by. About an hour ago I heard a little voice saying "take ONE more little peice. Teeny tiny peice....youll feel better" like the devil in my head for real. This >>>> is the devil, evilness. If suboxone was a dude I would kick him in the balls right about now for putting me through this.
    Still pushing through....I jumped into a scalding hot bath and felt much better after and kinda snapped out of that negativity. Took some l theanine (forgot that today!) Idk if its my mind playing games but I think I feel calmer. If I could spend the next week in the bath >> be money (remember that word...1995 anyone?) lol. Ok well just wanted to update. Sigh...Im doing this!

Knocking myself out with some allergy meds for the night. Hope this works! Mind over matter! F you suboxone. F u.....lol (sorry)

You got this, girl! Stay strong! But if you DO take a little more, that's ok, too. Look how far you've come. I remember during a bad WD I took a million hot baths a day. I put on some Jack Johnson on Pandora. It calmed me. I hope you make it through the night. Sleep well, friend!

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

I didn't go back and read more than the last few posts. Are you on .62? It sounds like you are on less than that?

If you can stretch your skip days out a little longer each time you are making progress. So if you make it 24 hours the first time and then 36 the next you will be at 48 hours before you know it.

You're doing great!
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Gettin': Thanks for the compliment on the other thread! Looks like Sharks has your question and she's really been there and done that with the sub: Follow what she says she knows what she's doing! There are some great people on this board, you can always trust Sharks, Kat and Alex here. In fact if I ever say something and they contradict something I say, I defer to them. I know sub because I dragged around behind Robert before he retired and then there was no one else working with the sub board, but they've experienced it. They know their stuff, for sure.

Anyway, wanted to post on your thread and compliment you on how you go round and cheer everyone up! It's nice when people who are going through a taper help each other along. I've looked at other boards, but this is by far the BEST.

Rose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    alexnt and Sharks fan like this.

LOL @ the Swingers reference! Excellent.

I would definitely take Steph's (Sharks) advice and continue with your skip days. I know it's a pain in the azz, but it's the way the plan was designed to work best.

You must be so excited to almost be done!
    Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

getting I might be getting mixed up with what dose you last took and when it was. It looks to me like you took .125 Sat morning and then .125 Monday evening. Then I think you took .062 Tues evening. I don't know if you dosed anything on Wed or not. I see you have an exam Sat morning and at these low doses it becomes really mental. Maybe you are ready to jump now but it depends on what your body is telling you. Your so very close now and if you need to stretch it out a bit more then do so. with your exam coming up Saturday you might want to dose before then so if you would dose Thursday you might want to take .125 and then try to stretch out your next dose further apart or jump after you dose Thursday. best wishes and will talk to you later.

Alex
    iloerose likes this.

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the positive vibes my way. I made it 28 hours til last night but that was my fault :/ certainly didn't count as a skip day. For the past 3 days now I've been dealing with this crazy heartburn non-stop. I know its a side effect of withdrawal now for sure because my stomach started acting up around the same time and it goes away when I take my dose. My achy joints, I've gotten used to..the cold/hot flashes here and there are mild enough.

This heartburn...I can't sleep with. Then I really screwed myself last night taking the allergy meds to sleep lol jesus...that was torture. I forgot that I can't even take Tylenol Pm because it actually makes me more restless (long before any meds) unless I fall asleep right away. So I took the allergy meds and ended up super drowsy/restless and couldn't sleep/with some crazy heartburn that worsened when I laid down but when I got up I felt so groggy from the allergy meds blah. Won't do that again. So I caved again, had it not been for the heartburn I wouldn't have tried taking the allergy meds to fall asleep. I had a little bit of a stuffy nose but I could manage.

If anyone knows any GOOD heartburn meds that work-these extra strength antacid tablets suck, you'd be my hero.. I took the maximum dose and it didn't take the edge off. I'm not very good with coping with heartburn, its really new to me but I've had it before and it wasn't anything as bad as this. This is some pretty strong heartburn. Definitely heartburn because its worse when I eat. I already feel it this morning after breakfast. My chest is on fire....

Anyways, if I can pickup some strong enough heartburn meds (over the counter only) that don't cause any crazy side effects to add to the mix I will be fine I know it. On a plus note, My ankle is feeling better finally.. It has been hurting through this whole wean process. I will get over this >>>>! I'm starting to get used to the symptoms and not be as aware of them so I think thats a good thing. Decided I'm not quite ready to jump until I get this heartburn manageable which if ANYONE knows of some remedies I'm ready to roll to CVS now! lol. Like right now right now. So! Anyways...let me stop whining about some heartburn and get on with my day lol. Thanks for the supports everyone

You know what!? Screw this heartburn! I'm still gonna try to skip again tonight. At least I dosed at 8:30 last night so by the time 24 hours rolls around I should be going to bed soon anyways. Wont have much time to feel like >>>>. I AM NOT touching another dose until at least tomorrow night or Saturday morning. F this S H I T. lol.

jayryan is offline Member

Hey there...your doin great!.....i dunno wat to.do about heartburn i don't get that but when my stomach upset or nauseas ginger tea works for me....i dunno how it would affect heartburn ill have to google that......my only other suggestions would be tums...i think tums lowers the acidity in the stomach...baking soda maybe?

Wish i could be of more help...
    i read what you said about your mother . congradulations on doing what you did.....that's definatilly commendable.....and I'm glad she doing better....now you can focus on you and get yourself better.....
    as far as skipping days and caving in. That's a choice i cant really advise on.... just my personal experience today is a day where i don't take any sub till tonight due to drug testing...... this morning was rouf but treated all the symtoms abd now feel ok....... so i would try to treat the heartburn and see if you can get it to calm down...i dunno watever you decides your doing great! Hang in there ill check back later....peace jay

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    Hey there...your doin great!.....i dunno wat to.do about heartburn i don't get that but when my stomach upset or nauseas ginger tea works for me....i dunno how it would affect heartburn ill have to google that......my only other suggestions would be tums...i think tums lowers the acidity in the stomach...baking soda maybe?

Wish i could be of more help...
    i read what you said about your mother . congradulations on doing what you did.....that's definatilly commendable.....and I'm glad she doing better....now you can focus on you and get yourself better.....
    as far as skipping days and caving in. That's a choice i cant really advise on.... just my personal experience today is a day where i don't take any sub till tonight due to drug testing...... this morning was rouf but treated all the symtoms abd now feel ok....... so i would try to treat the heartburn and see if you can get it to calm down...i dunno watever you decides your doing great! Hang in there ill check back later....peace jay
    Thanks! I tried again on the antacid and DAMN if I didnt miss read the dosing take 4 up to 4 times daily. I was taking 2, I gagged down the 4 peices of "chalk" and it worked!

Also yesterday I skipped the Taurine....took the Taurine today and Omg I feel 1000 times better!!!! So much more alert and energized. Taurine lowers blood pressure too! If your not taking it I recommend it. Now I know thats my vitamin I need the most right now. Anyways! Finally got the heartburn under control! NO aches what so ever today!!! Ahh! Can you believe it! I cant. First time in weeks! Now Im scrubbing down my house top to bottom and knocking out some much needed things off my to do list. Just wanted to update you guys took the Taurine and FELT it most def. Also took 2 immodium just incase. Right now Im just preventing things.

Thanks about my Mom Jay....its hard. But all the more reason to do things differently with my own Kids. Motivation. I asked my oldest the other day if she thinks she has a good life. She said "PaH! Are you kidding? yeah..." Brought tears to my eyes. My kids will never live through what Ive had to. Made that promise to myself a long time ago and I plan to uphold that. Rough rough life. TWO addict parents not just one. My father is a whole diff ball game with Alchohol. I dont care what anyone says....by far the worst addiction in the world. I hate the stuff myself. Luckily. Anyways you got me started lol. It is TOUGH having an addict parent and will get you down if you let it. We just gotta learn from their mistakes and break the cycle.

Anyways figured >> update you all that I am feeling MUCH better since last night and this morning, got over the grogginess from those allergy meds blah. SO here's to skip day attempt number 4!!! lol

ps: Does anyone know why it keeps blocking out "I'd" wth lol
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast