Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    Man you got a positive attitude...and gives me a lot of hope the withdrawal will be berable....so you think it was staying at .125 for a few weeks is what made the actuall quitting not so bad?...i agree with you about not taking anything to let your body have a chance to get back to normal function withought drugs...i want that so bad as well... unfortunately i do take a few over the counter meds and supplements to attempt to help like we all do....and ya i get these whimsical idea such as the wellbutrin...i want to quit smoking next and thought perhaps it would help....

as far as aches and pains what do you usually take? You mentioned aleive...

are your emotions stable...i mean you always sound positive and happy here....

anyways you really sound like your doing great considering

and ya I'm at .5 first two days and even this morning hit pretty hard...its like I'm ok one minute and not the next...its bearable and I'm trucking thru....i think its the emotions gettin to me...and my leg (just the left one) is absolutely killing me...got me.frustrated dunno what i did to it have tried soaking in epsom salt and have it elevated...had to call into work today

anyways I'm trying to get out of my feeling sorry for myself so decided to check on all you guys and see your progress
    it truly cheers me up to see you doing so well and gives me tons of hope!!!
    i know you wouldn't steer me wrong and just wish i could be of more support but sounds like you got this! No doubt....keep up the good work for sure!!! Jay
    Hey! Your plenty good support no worries. Is today day 3 at .5 or day 2?? I thought it was day 3 for you maybe I'm confusing you with someone else? I definitely feel more optimistic now and I feel my emotions have leveled out a lot. A lot more "ups" then downs lately! I felt like how you describe a lot while weaning. Extremely excited or feeling really bummed mostly because of physically not feeling to hot, thinking it was gonna go on forever and getting frustrated. My husband had to cheer me on quite a few times through some emotional breakdowns lol. It happens though, this process isn't easy. Somedays are definately better then others. I really had to distract myself to not take another dose somedays when the symptoms were flaring up more. Jumping in a scalding hot bath usually does the trick. Idk how many times I was like "screw this >>>> I'm jumping NOW! I can't take this anymore." Glad I toughed it out though because I know that wouldn't have worked jumping at a higher dose if I still slightly feel it after 2 weeks + at .125mg. I would've just messed up my weaned and kicked myself for it later. I think I'm more relieved then anything that the symptoms are so manageable after jumping. About your leg! That was my right ankle!!! It killed the whole wean. It got pretty bad somedays. Just know its most likely your body withdrawing. Joint pain especially. Go read through my post you will see one night I caved from my achy ankle. After tons of epsom salt soaks and tylenol etc. I couldn't take it, but I think just dropped too fast. Icy hot works too if you can stand the cold/hot sensation and use it sparingly lol. It froze me to death once I put in on BOTH of my entire legs thinking more is better. Then ended up spending the day sitting in front of a space heater to stop my teeth from chattering lol. But yeah the aches are rough, I was for sure I must've hurt myself or something. Almost went to the dr, until a few days passed and I noticed it feeling better and better. I always knew when I was stable to drop again when my ankle felt better. Honestly poems and quotes and all that stuff helped me to stay motivated and music. Songs would come up about getting sober or being sober or saving yourself etc and it helped stay on track and push through. Along long time ago I took a workshop for school when I was struggling and it mentioned self motivation. A lot of people forget the power of words. Words can make you or break you. Just reading positive quotes and motivational quotes helps a lot. They say motivation is like bathing. You don't just do it once expecting the results to last. You have to do it daily. Idk if your spiritual but church really helps a lot of people. It teaches you to look at what you have, >> what you don't. What you can do >> what you can't. To be grateful and remember it could always be worse. No matter how bad you feel, someone else out there has it worse. If your sick, someone else out there is terminally ill, and doesn't get the opportunity to heal like we do. If we are sick but have the chance to bounce back, be thankful. Things like that help me.

Also success stories! Good underdog stories. I know you mentioned at your lowest point tent city. I lived on my friends couch at 17 years old....If you google famous people who were once homeless there are SO so many success stories of famous people through history leaders and others, who were once homeless, or hopeless on drugs and picked themselves back up. How far they've come in life. Like Jewel the singer, so many of them out there..Its inspiring. There is a website top 100 motivational quotes. It REALLY really helps you to relate to things and motivate yourself when your feeling low. Wise words from some really smart people. Reminds you that other people once felt how you did and it passes, life can be better! Success takes motivation, self motivation. Being open minded, pushing forward and finding "the silver tint in the clouds of doubt" (quote from my favorite poem . Anyways looking where ever you can for all the motivation and inspiration you can get keeps you motivated. You have to do it everyday and right now you need it more then ever. Don't let anyone get you down. Refuse to let people >>>> up your day, don't listen to negativity. Certainly don't look for it. Just be excited you have the chance still to change your life. If your alive, your able. Period. Your doing it right now! As frustrating as it is and though you feel your not accomplishing much you are.

jayryan is offline Member

Wow... i can't get over how positive you are...i know i sound like a broken record saying that..lol....i just reaaly mean it.... and really appriciate it too....makes me realize how negative i can be...i definately will try to work on that...just that's been how my mind worked for a long time

ya know part of it is i read so many horror stories before finding this forum with people saying things like *suboxone withdrawals are the worst ever!!* and you tube videos of people in pure agony.....
    also reading that depression hits pretty hard during withdrawal and post acute withdrawal...
    i think i just mentally wired myself to think a ton of misery is headed my way...

your absolute proof that is not necassarily the case..and i truly am happy for you that you are doing it!!!
    I reely think your positive attitude is your number one helper thru all this and you mentioned your a christian so i would say god as well...
    i would go as far as to say being a christian sounds great if being a christian means having your positive outlook!!!
    I dunno i can get into a whole thread about spiritualaty and beleive me its something i am open to but definately would need to work on....

What else....about your ankle..thank you for sharing that with me cause i was starting to freek out thinking i need to see a doctor and thinking imma have to tell him no narcotics which he would reply then why did you even schedule an appointment cause ya know doctors are pretty liberal writing scripts...
    uh i don't want to ramble too much...
    i just can't beleleive your doing so well even mentally...emotionally and what not....
    whatever your doing definately keep it up

um I'm on day four at .5 mg btw you had asked

hey last question was it you who said they were having heartburn...sorry i get people mixed up at times well there symptoms at least...well i was wondering how is thr e heartburn ?...

i been thinking about picking up some prilosec just in case.....

anyways glad to hear you doing so well...you got around a week of sub right...how many days has it been...are you feeling better today then say day one or two?...
    sorry to ask so many questions.... anyway...ill stop yappin lol...jay

Day 6....Definately feeling it more. I guess everything is officially out of my system now. Tired today and achy. JUST when I though the aches were over! lol...Jynxed myself. Doing ok though. It is a rainy nasty day outside so that doesn't help. I'm just gonna try to take it easy today and watch some movies with my son. Thankfully I don't have anywhere to be today! Just some school work I'll have to force myself to do. Motivation is slacking today.

Hey.. i dunno if you seen my above post ...cause it was posted one min before your update.....
    anyway... everyone has ther days...just rest like you said...
    i just had to really hard days but took time out to rest and definately feel better...
    and don't worry about running out of steam.... your a human being ya know it happens....especially during suboxone withdrawal....

anyway i won't make another long thread ...just we all have our days ya know....remeber you said it can always be worse...anyways you have been a huge encouragment to me so i just want to support you and encourage you in return.....

and ya the weather can definately affect ones mood...just last weekend i got out in the sun and even got the slightest sunburn.....and then woke up this morning the power went out a and ther an inch of snow on the ground!!!wth?!!

Gotta love michigan weathee r lol

your in So Cal rite...god I'm so jelous!!

hang in ther jay

Haha....I know my last post killed the positivity praise post above LOL. Mornings are always the roughest. I again rushed out the door today without vitamins or anything, I just took some so hopefully they will kick in soon and help a lot. I need to buy some more gatorade also, that helped a lot. This water is killing me. It's very gloomy outside, just makes me feel more tired is all. Which is really natural for anyone, all my friends were yawning and talking about naps when I talked to them on the phone this morning so I'm not the only one at least. Just a draining kind of day. I'm in VA actually...someone is from CA though. I forget who. I know Kat is right by a beach! Aww man about the snow! If it was to snow here I'd prob jump head first off the balcony...LOL thats how sick of the snow I am. I'm so over the snow. I'm so happy spring is finally here this is the perfect time of year for this. About the heartburn me and Kat and a couple others said they felt it. I had it bad, I def recommend getting some prilosec. I think I know the you tube video your talking about also!!!!! Was it a guy? I remember a guy talking about how torturous suboxone withdrawal is "your insides will be on fire" I think he was talking about the heartburn LOL but didn't think to try some antacids. Kinda funny actually. Poor guy lol....That is what happens when you don't wean! Sharks mentioned something about trying to be in the moment. I agree. If you feel ok today enjoy it. Don't worry about tomorrow. Thats what I'm trying to do, it helps definately. Thanks though! I'm slowly starting to feel better. Lost some speed definately.
    alexnt likes this.

Feeling better now! Got through that rough morning and just taking it easy today not letting this dreary day get me down. I found this and figured I'd share....its good stuff.

“Sometimes in life when we want something we get to the point where we hit a brick wall. The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
    –Randy Pausch
    jayryan likes this.

Glad your feeling better and ya you can allow yourself to feel gloomy...god knows i do lol
    i think part of this is learning how to handle a broad spectrum of emotion and not be afraid or anxious about the icky ones ya know.... i stand by my statements on how strong and positive you are and allowing yourself to feel blah when that's what your body is telling you does not detract in my opinion..from your general positive attitide...

was it you that said awhile back that your a fixer or tend to fix or want to fix people...forgive me if I'm confusing you or getting it wrong...but ther nothing wrong with taking the time to fix yourself too so to speak...

i know.you know these things already...and I'm not really all that stable with everything myself..just wanted to say that your doing great and i still am amazed at your attitude

anyways ya we probably watched the same you tube video...thers a few of em but i think a lot of these people simply jumped at way to high a dose.... i think we are doing it a way better way...ya know due dilligence....
    we didn't just jump haphazardly....our chances at success are way better....not to knock others...but i think we paid our dues and are going about it the best way we have found....
    this forum is an invaluble tool that will hopefully help us on our path as well as help others who need help too...

anyways i been on the internet all morning..lol time to do other activities....ill stop in later to see how everyone doing

glad the supplements working for you and i take my supplements too to put the wind at my back so to speak.....

have a good day...jay

I'm doing school work online/reading the forums trying to stay occupied. Its too nasty outside here to go anywhere. Pouring rain....Yeah thats me that said I'm a "fixer". I think the real term is "codependant" lol. Yikes. Adult children of addicts usually struggle with some level of codependancy issues. I'm working on it. I used to be so preoccupied with helping everyone around me to the point of making myself miserable and stressing about their problems. Not doing what made me happy, or going after my own goals because I was too busy helping everyone else fix their problems. I changed that though, and I've learned to detach a lot more and not step in too much in other peoples problems. I'll offer advice but I will leave it at that. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I used to step in and "save the day" type thing for my family, my friends all the time walking them through any problem, doing things FOR them. Then I wouldn't get anything done that I enjoy or I needed to do. I used to think that's being "selfish". Its not though, taking care of yourself and being selfish are two different things. I would work in therapy if it wasn't for that reason-people stress me the >>>> out lol. I don't know that I could do that job without it affecting how I feel and affect my life.

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

All these emotions are totally normal, remember that you were numbing yourself with opiates. So now as your brain heals you get these rushes of crazy emotions, like PMS on steroids. I remember being so happy I could cry and thinking oh FFS what is wrong with me?? And then the next day feeling like everything was hopeless. It's all good, it gets better.

I went to therapy through work, EAP, and having someone to talk to was nice. I'm a lot like you, I feel terribly guilty when I sit on my >>>> and hubby cleans or makes his own lunch! I'm used to doing everything, I cook & clean and shop and all that. The few times when I sit back and let him (or make him) do something, I feel like I am being selfish. If I have a bad day and I want to rehash it, I feel like I am being selfish and I end up holding back. So having someone who steers the conversation to those topics is hard but very satisfying at the same time.

I really can't recommend therapy or meetings, or both, enough. Especially now when you are overwhelmed by all these new found emotions.

I was watching the news this morning before work and they were talking about Michigan maybe? They said they had 30 straight days of snow. Might not have been michigan, I wasn't listening that closely. 30 straight days of snow is what caught my attention. I couldn't live like that. The cold weather is a bummer for me.

Sharks quick question. It is day 6...I woke up this morning achy, and by tonight I feel like the achiness is getting worse. Did you ever experience that? Day 1-3 I was great, day 4 decent, day 5 starting lagging....day 6 laggy and achy aGain. Just when I thought the achiness was gone! I thought it was in my head but as the day went on and I felt worse I know its not. I would make sense if the half life is 36-72 hours....that it would be fully out of my system by today.

And Sharks, Wow....I am YOU to the 10th power with the thoughts of "being selfish" all the time. Thats scary we think SO much alike. Deep down I'd love more help with things, and my husband will offer and try but my guilt overwhelms me and I always end up cleaning if he tries to. If I'm sick, doesn't matter I still feel bad letting him do it and I will drag my sick butt out of bed and take over. I do everything around here by choice because I just wont let anyone else do it. It feels weird to me, to have someone cater to me. Very overwhelming feeling, I don't take help very often. I'm weird lol. I feel loved, but overwhelmed and then start feeling guilty. You know I read thats some issues that have to do with codependency! Being the care taker TOO much. Taking on the care taker role, and if that role is reversed you can't handle it, the guilty feelings of being selfish kick in. I'm not trying to be insulting or diagnose you, just a heads up you sound a lot like me...LOL. I know I have issues with that, because both of my parents were addicts. I have a friend who is the opposite, she makes her husband do 50% of everything. He cooks and takes care of the kids the second he walks in the door (and she stays home full time), she has NO problem kicking back letting him take over. She's always like let your husband do this or that (if I mention I'm too busy) she thinks HE's lazy or selfish or something because she doesn't get it. But its not my husband its me! He tries to help. It's hard helping someone that wont take the help..ya know. I'm hard to help lol I don't sit back, I take over. Always because letting people help me makes me feel guilty or selfish. Also JUST like you said about not talking about my own problems. I hate talking about my problems for the simple fact I don't like bringing other people down. Also struggled with not wanting to make people feel guilty by voicing how I really feel if I'm not happy with something. Those are all signs of codependency lol.

About what I said about my family...and how they all run to me to save them. Just as I write that I get a text from my baby brother (23 year old baby brother) about how his electricity just got cut off. *Hint Hint*....SIGH....so I ask him how much is it? He says he doesn't know and sends me the acct number and phone number. My brothers are the worse, I'm the only girl so they come to me like a Mother. Its getting ridiculous to the point I'm starting to avoid their phone calls. I wait for a text to see what they wanted to talk about. Smh...I think I'm only enabling some helplessness in my baby brother. Its just hard he is my little bro. I feel responsible to help him..esp since hes in college trying to better his life. Still a pain in my ass though lol.

Um... ya you and sharks fan do got a lot in common....

talking about family and husband and wife roles etc....imma stay out of this one being a guy lol.... i been wit my kids mother for ten years and if i start talking about that ill never stop.....

talking about co dependancy and being an adult child of ab addict/alchoholic...i can definately relate too but haven't even started dealing with those issues yet...(thank god I'm in therapy)

Anyways the real.reason I'm here..was just gonna check and see how your day went real quick before i get ready for bed

You were saying you had aches and pains.... i think that's normal.... have you tried soaking in hot bath with epsom salt... ?

remember you reminded me that it was normal...and ever since you reminded me that well that combined with rest...my aches and pains aren't as bad

i dunno... you are six days no sub....so maybe they just a bit overwelming?

I wish i new wat to do about em...I'm still tryin to figure that one out...

anyways ill check back tomorro... it will be a week since you quit then right? A week is a good landmark.... just remember suboxone withdrawal tends to be drawn out....don't get discouraged if you have a few rouf days still....

heck i have heard such things as it takes some people a good month to start feeling better....not trying to damper your momentum....just tryin to help

I dunno tho since I'm still tapering... anyways i reely am wishing the best for everyone here....
    beleive me i have people in my life who are still popping eight mg a day with no end in site....i cannot convince them to slow ther roll... think that's why I'm a bit interested in your progress ... I'm not alone in this definately helps

anyway... hang in ther ...jay

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Gettin I waited a couple of days on purpose to say congrats to you on jumping. lol it seems like I jinx people sometimes so if you have made it 6 days since your last dose I believe you jumped landed and made it. We are neighbors as though my profile shows Ohio I actually live in WV and it was gloomy here today also. Actually we had snow here but it was only flurries and did not stick. Great job you did finishing up your taper and I am happy for you. My very best wishes to you.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Gettin I waited a couple of days on purpose to say congrats to you on jumping. lol it seems like I jinx people sometimes so if you have made it 6 days since your last dose I believe you jumped landed and made it. We are neighbors as though my profile shows Ohio I actually live in WV and it was gloomy here today also. Actually we had snow here but it was only flurries and did not stick. Great job you did finishing up your taper and I am happy for you. My very best wishes to you.

Alex
    Haha....thanks Alex. Idk how many times I typed up "I'm declaring weds my jump day" but I was only a few days in so I did't wanna jynx myself even just saying it. I'm 6 days in...I don't care what happens at this point I'm not messing that up. I did notice around 6:30 this morning I starting feeling a little restless tossing and turning. Luckily I get up at 7:00 anyways so it was no big deal. HOpefully its not the start of some restlessness to come! Fingers crossed...

Also if I offend anyone on here with my mouth vomit its the suboxone talking...I was actually laughing about that earlier. Here lately my "social filters" come flying off....To say the least and I spit out the first thing on my mind. I know I've offended so many people lately in person so if I offend anyone on here don't mind me (like calling people codependant LOL rude). I have a very "intense" friend who always wants to pressure me to come hang out with her, pressure, guilt trip me, beg...lol. Since I'm not feeling all that great lately, I don't feel like being around her in particular because to put it bluntly she talks too much. She doesn't give me any space LOL. Inside my head I'm screaming...omg please shut up and BREATHE! Monday and yesterday I wasn't feeling like hanging out (with her in particular, even though I genuinely like her but in "doses" lol) so she starts her usual texting and blowing up my phone and I spit out "Your annoying the >>>> out of me...and I don't feel like hanging out right now." Oops mouth vomit. It was true...but yeah not the best way to word things. I've been trying to avoid certain people that I can't handle right now being around because my emotions still are "wavy".

Jay: Yeah the achiness is normal...just a little annoying to get a taste of feeling great then getting hit with symptoms again. I read some people had blood work and still had sub in their system 2 weeks after tapering off. It really hangs in there I guess. Luckily the symptoms still aren't as bad as they were while I was weaning. I'm hoping they get better from here or at least by day 14 I feel MUCH much better physically. Still I can function to do what I need to do, just not as much motivation to go do fun stuff and go hang out with friends etc. Only my family.

Day 7 though...woke up with a little stomach ache, and a little tired, felt a little restless right before it was time to get up anyways. NOT as achy though! Yay.. Took my vitamins at 8:00 and felt MUCH better by 9:00 so looks like they take an hour to kick in. Tomorrow I'm gonna try getting up an hour early take them and lay back down until its time to get up to see if that helps me get going in the mornings.

****OH and I have a game! Kinda corny but still seems like some good motivation. So on you tube people do these things called Tags where they have to complete the tag. So I have a good idea for a tag on here. Those of you that are tapering-come up with 5 things your excited for once you are clean and healthy again. If your already clean....give us 5 things that your grateful for that has changed since you've been clean!******Write this in a post on your own thread for other people to read (or yourself) to give you something to remember to aim for. Seems like some good motivation.

I will start: 5 things I'm excited for once I am clean and healthy again

1. Being the Mom I want to be, being able to focus all my attention on my kids. Not being tired or irritable from drugs.
    2. A healthy social life, no more isolation because of the drugs.
    3. Getting up easily in the morning and enjoying the "little things" again, being excited for things.
    4. Being healthy, having healthy energy and a strong body. Getting into a workout routine (maybe..lol who am I kidding)
    5. NO guilt, getting rid of that burden of feeling like a fraud.

Hey you tricked me i thought all i would have to do is tag you back..haha ..
    should have known.. anyways good to see ya in a cheery mood today!!! Now imma have to give it a thought....ill be back later i gotta fix my kid lunch.. jay

PS: thse are five reely good reasons for sure!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-16-2014 at 10:42 AM.

lol Jay.

I noticed some anxiety creeping in today and I felt Really overwhelmed. I have a ton of stuff on my plate right now with school, and easter coming up. Too much to do, so little time. Kind of wish I would've taken a break with school because my son starts kindergarten this year...it would be way easier then. Oh well. I guess I need to prioritiZe and remember my priorities lie in my health first and foremost before anything else. I cant wait until my energy is back! Feeling the fatigue today full force..got a little breathless just from taking my kids to and from school and my son to preschool. I HAVE to go to the store for some things and right now that seems like a feat. I really need to start forcing some exercise in. Then def need to finish up some school work. Hope this fatigue starts to lift soon! 7 days out! I can function but definately gotta force things today. Mentally feeling great if this fatigue could end soon even better.

SO tell me about these AA/NA meetings people ? How many times do you have to meet? Do you have to go in person or is there like a video chat option? (Sounds so young of me to ask LOL but it is 2014!) I have so many places to be already and with school I have to do majority of my work online here at home. I have my 4 year old with me so until he is in school something online would be my only option. Just curious.

Idk if I'm imagining things but it seems like its been really hard to focus lately. I'm struggling a bit with my schoolwork. Mostly in math first of all which I suck at.... You have to learn the work and complete about 100 problems to 90% and then pass the exam to 80% or fail...I feel like my problem solving skills are a little screwed right now. Very frustrating. As I'm trying to read through the textbook how to do certain problems my mind starts wandering and I can't remember things I learned just last week. THis is the main source of whats overwhelming me, if I could knock out this work I have due I'd be fine. I think I read something about suboxone withdrawal causes focus and memory issues. Hopefully this will pass soon.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-16-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    SO tell me about these AA/NA meetings people ? How many times do you have to meet? Do you have to go in person or is there like a video chat option? (Sounds so young of me to ask LOL but it is 2014!) I have so many places to be already and with school I have to do majority of my work online here at home. I have my 4 year old with me so until he is in school something online would be my only option. Just curious.
    Hey hun...

I know how crazy busy life can be with kids at home. It's a wonder I get anything done with my 21 mo old son running around! Add school and home to the mix: yikes!

I believe there are AA/NA meetings online. I've never participated in one though. I try to attend 2-3 local meetings a week. Although I'm sure the online meetings would be helpful, there's no substitution for face to face meetings. Having that support - up close and personal - is priceless. Plus, with the help of a sponsor, we are held accountable for our recovery. We learn how to deal with life and work through our issues by working through the 12 steps.

There's no requirement to attend a certain number of meetings. You should definitely try to go to a few and see what you think. The first meeting I went to was NA, but it turns out I like AA better. The programs are identical, but I found people with more solid clean time and more committed to their recovery at AA.

Check it out. You won't regret it.
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey hun...

I know how crazy busy life can be with kids at home. It's a wonder I get anything done with my 21 mo old son running around! Add school and home to the mix: yikes!

I believe there are AA/NA meetings online. I've never participated in one though. I try to attend 2-3 local meetings a week. Although I'm sure the online meetings would be helpful, there's no substitution for face to face meetings. Having that support - up close and personal - is priceless. Plus, with the help of a sponsor, we are held accountable for our recovery. We learn how to deal with life and work through our issues by working through the 12 steps.

There's no requirement to attend a certain number of meetings. You should definitely try to go to a few and see what you think. The first meeting I went to was NA, but it turns out I like AA better. The programs are identical, but I found people with more solid clean time and more committed to their recovery at AA.

Check it out. You won't regret it.
    Kat
    Ok I'll think about, I'll have to look into the local ones around here and see what times and days they meet. My problem is my husband works crazy hours...so its hard enough for me to get to school when I need to take an exam. I have some family nearby (inlaws) but they work all the time too. I definitely wouldn't tell them I'm going to an AA or NA meeting. They wouldn't understand and I wouldn't begin to try to get them too...they're very critical/judgemental on my husband and I as is. Without knowing of addiction problems.

Just came across a thread that kind of tugged on my heart strings...someone asking for help. Make a thread people! Let people help you! Don't be afraid to start or try.....its not as bad as you would think!
    auburn girl likes this.

auburn girl is offline Member

Hey! How are you doing with your drop/dealing with the kids and life (which is the hardest part!)? Aww and Thanks! I'm still not in the clear yet I know. Today I've felt it the most since my jump but I'm hanging in there! Feeling really positive now, I know it won't last much longer. Mentally I'm on a much better level. NO longer feeling frustrated or stuck in a funk. I wouldn't go SO far to say "painlessly" more like AS painless as could be I guess. Withdrawals are withdrawals...no way around them. Like Kat said-"We danced with the devil and now he wants his DUE." He def got his due from me.....lol. Cold chills sweats, wretched achiness. I just tried to make it as easy on myself as possible, beats cold turkey. It is not easy especially mentally, very frustrating at times and somedays were much harder then others. A big feat but definitely do able with the right mindset. Just have to refuse to feel sorry for yourself. We got ourselves in, so its up to us to get ourselves out. The mental aspect is definitely the hardest. Staying positive when your not feeling too hot. Just gotta baby yourself at times and at times tell yourself suck it up and lets do this! Have to push through, which you will because giving up isn't an option! Right? I'd love to see you guys all get through it and live the life you want to live. Its NOT easy but thats a good thing. I saw this quote "I always have another buzz in me but I do NOT have another withdrawal left in me." Just another reason to stay away from what put us in this position in the first place! Just more to be proud of, once you push through it. Just keep that in mind always. You seem to be pushing through! Keep me posted! I'm waiting to cheer after your jump day!

Taurine is a supplement you can get at GNC. You prob saw it from redbull or energy drinks so most people think its a no no for withdrawals thinking it worsens things. Its actually a calming energy supplement though. It gives you a calming alert sort of energy without the jitters. It's what balances out the caffeine in energy drinks. It also naturally lowers blood pressure and helps with muscle function..so fights fatigue DEF a must have for me for withdrawals. I never see it on the boards though! I remember it from pharmacology. Your blood pressure goes up during withdrawals. You'll notice because your fingers or feet will be slightly red and sometimes swollen. Anyways I love it. Highly recommend it, it def helped me. B vitamins are good also! So keep taking that. Just have to eat with those because they give energy by metabolizing your food into energy. So a lot of people think the B vitamins aren't working because they aren't hungry during withdrawals so they eat less. So just eat before you take those and it will give you energy.
    I don't know why I am just seeing this.

I am doing really good. Keeping busy....ya know so far I haven't had any of the chills or goosebumps all over my arms, or that anxious creepy feeling. I'm sure it'll come. I had all that when I was skipping days doing it "my" way. But not since I started the taper plan I found here.

I love that quote. "I always have another buzz in me, but not another WD in me". The last time I told myself "I am NEVER going through that again." And I mean it.

Thanks for the info on the taurine. So far I haven't lost to much energy. Well, not sleeping for days will make me tired. I have slacked on my exercising but got out today and ran 3 miles.

****OH and I have a game! Kinda corny but still seems like some good motivation. So on you tube people do these things called Tags where they have to complete the tag. So I have a good idea for a tag on here. Those of you that are tapering-come up with 5 things your excited for once you are clean and healthy again. If your already clean....give us 5 things that your grateful for that has changed since you've been clean!******Write this in a post on your own thread for other people to read (or yourself) to give you something to remember to aim for. Seems like some good motivation.

I will start: 5 things I'm excited for once I am clean and healthy again

1. Being the Mom I want to be, being able to focus all my attention on my kids. Not being tired or irritable from drugs.
    2. A healthy social life, no more isolation because of the drugs.
    3. Getting up easily in the morning and enjoying the "little things" again, being excited for things.
    4. Being healthy, having healthy energy and a strong body. Getting into a workout routine (maybe..lol who am I kidding)
    5. NO guilt, getting rid of that burden of feeling like a fraud.
    Hmmmmm. I will have to think of this! Do I do it here, or in my thread?

This is kinda funny. I only recently admitted to myself that I was still "using". I didn't consider suboxone a drug for the longest time..(denial?). Because I don't get high. I don't feel it. So I thought it was ok. I was already clean. My husband and I have had many discussions on this. He always said, "try giving a normal (clean) person as much suboxone as you take and see how they feel after taking it". I've seen one person take maybe 1 or 2 mgs and he ended up puking his guts up all over the place. So yeah, I'm not really clean. I get it now.

I read over your list and those are great. I won't copy you (try not to!) but all of those I feel, too. Every single one of them. I'll think about it and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Hmmmmm. I will have to think of this! Do I do it here, or in my thread?

This is kinda funny. I only recently admitted to myself that I was still "using". I didn't consider suboxone a drug for the longest time..(denial?). Because I don't get high. I don't feel it. So I thought it was ok. I was already clean. My husband and I have had many discussions on this. He always said, "try giving a normal (clean) person as much suboxone as you take and see how they feel after taking it". I've seen one person take maybe 1 or 2 mgs and he ended up puking his guts up all over the place. So yeah, I'm not really clean. I get it now.

I read over your list and those are great. I won't copy you (try not to!) but all of those I feel, too. Every single one of them. I'll think about it and get back to you.
    Yours. Something to look at for motivation.

My husband feels the same way that being on suboxone is clean. If it didn't have withdrawal when you stopped...I'd have no problem taking it much like tylenol or cold medication for treating symptoms. That would be lovely. Anything that has withdrawal upon stopping to me is an substance (drug). So true about what your husband said about giving someone who is clean subs it is some strong stuff! I could never handle more then 2mgs (even then with a headache) and I could pop a 30 mg oxy like it was nothing (I'm 115 lbs which was the scary part) It hit home with me when my husband told me his 250 lb friend was knocked on his ass with 15mg. Then I knew it was a problem. By clean in this post I mean with nothing in your system and healthy! No withdrawals to go through anymore

Oh and I wanted to say that I am co-dependent, too. I WAS going to a therapist, but quit bc she wasn't helping me. Actually the reason I was going is a whole nother story. Anyway, she made me get this book, Understand Codependency, and it helped me understand. Apparently it's a disease, also?? Anyway, the book is good. Helped me understand it a little better if anyone is interested.

Really? I'd like to read a book about it what is it called? I know I have issues with that. Makes sense too from how I grew up I was more of the parent then the child always. I cooked at 8 years old which is CRAzy looking at my 9 year old now she can barely work a toaster. I'm a control freak, hate being helped, get consumed helping other people, get stressed about other peoples issues to the point of getting ill, suffer from feeling guilty all the time if I'm not pleasing everyone else to the point of my needs suffering. Helped my husband succeed above and beyond in his career while still struggling failing at school...til I finally put myself first (as best I could) Etc etc..you know the story Co-dependant to the T lol. I'm working on it though but my only solution has been trying to avoid people who need help because they stress me. So the opposite extreme.

Btw I had to laugh @ "she made me get the book "understand codependancy" and it made me understand" haha....clever book title whoever that author was.

Oh, sorry it's called UNDERSTANDING Codependancy- The Science Behind it and how to Break the Cycle by Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse. Not UNDERSTAND. Haha I see what I did there. Funny.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast