Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!
    auburn girl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Really? I'd like to read a book about it what is it called? I know I have issues with that. Makes sense too from how I grew up I was more of the parent then the child always. I cooked at 8 years old which is CRAzy looking at my 9 year old now she can barely work a toaster. I'm a control freak, hate being helped, get consumed helping other people, get stressed about other peoples issues to the point of getting ill, suffer from feeling guilty all the time if I'm not pleasing everyone else to the point of my needs suffering. Helped my husband succeed above and beyond in his career while still struggling failing at school...til I finally put myself first (as best I could) Etc etc..you know the story Co-dependant to the T lol. I'm working on it though but my only solution has been trying to avoid people who need help because they stress me. So the opposite extreme.
    Yep! I'm a control freak too. I'm sure you know the drill, we have to worry about OURSELVES first! Not other people! I still have trouble with that.

jayryan is offline Member

Hey so i wanted to ask you....its kinda hard to tell just reading thru posts but u got a week no subs right...i know its still probably somewhat not over yet (withdrawals...) but would you say it was intense for a few days....I'm just trying to plan my schedule around it for instance do i need to take time off work....what days are the worst or is everyday the same for the most part? I've gone thru H withdrawals and day two and three are an absolute nightmare but by day seven your good to go for the most part.....just curious as i can't remeber excactly...
    i know you been talking about it all week...

just i can take a four day weekend coming up here when i quit and wondering when i will most need it....thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    Hey so i wanted to ask you....its kinda hard to tell just reading thru posts but u got a week no subs right...i know its still probably somewhat not over yet (withdrawals...) but would you say it was intense for a few days....I'm just trying to plan my schedule around it for instance do i need to take time off work....what days are the worst or is everyday the same for the most part? I've gone thru H withdrawals and day two and three are an absolute nightmare but by day seven your good to go for the most part.....just curious as i can't remeber excactly...
    i know you been talking about it all week...

just i can take a four day weekend coming up here when i quit and wondering when i will most need it....thoughts?
    Well....for the first time since this taper I didn't sleep much at all last night. Tossed and turned and just felt uncomfortable and anxious all night. Don't know if I got any sleep in between but I do remember seeing the sun come up :/ don't feel like I've slept much. Also woke up with a empty stomach kind of feeling. Even though I had a big dinner last night.

Jay I was perfectly fine like 95% fine aside from the fatigue and now yesterday no sleep. If I had something to help me sleep I'd be perferctly fine.

Busy day though....I'm gonna try to get moving and get some stuff done. I really hope at night was kind of a one time adjustment thing. Day 8 today...I can tell everything is out of my system pretty much. REally hope I get better sleep tonight. Reminded me of a weak restless legs episode....couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. Sleeping is a must for me. I'd rather be in pain all day...then not sleep at night. That's just me. Anyways trucking through (with a flat tire

Hey ther erly bird.... sorry to here about no sleep...ya that's a big one...I'm sure you already read all the things to help with that...that's normal and ya sounds like you been fortianate so far.....
    anyways i have heard people say it does take some time for sleep to get back to normal (whatever normal is lol)
    Anyway ya that's a big fear of mine..the no sleep...anyways if u have a busy day maybe you'll wear yourself out and sleep good tonite? I got today off so ill be back on here later too....jay

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Congrats on day 8! I'm so excited for you.

You're going to feel a little better every day. It's great that you're busy and don't have time to dwell on how you feel. Sounds like you're doing very well, with the exception of a few lingering issues.

Have a good day. Talk soon.
    Kat

Felt very >>>>>> today to say the least. Well at least worse then I have been feeling. I blame completely due to not sleeping...still in a pretty good mood considering. I forced myself to spend the day with a friend of mine and she helped me catch up on my math work! Yay! So that's a huge burden lifted. Also did a lot of laughing and hanging out so that definately helped. I just knew if I went back home physically I wouldn't get anything accomplished aside from feeling sorry for myself all day. So getting out the house instead of laying around helped. Feeling very achy and tired now def feeling the lack of sleep. Hopefully (I pray pray pray....) I can fall asleep tonight with no problem. Lord help you guys that have been dealing without sleep tapering I feel your pain now. I can't handle it, I really hope I get better sleep tonight.

WELL here is to day 9!!!!!!! Feeling a little better after dinner. On a plus note just feel like you everyday normal average person who didn't sleep the night before. So I guess that is a good sign! Heres to sleeping! Wish me luck!!!!!! Hope you guys are sleeping well.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I'm laying in bed as I type this. Here's hoping you get some sleep tonight!! Sweet dreams!

Hope you get some good sleep tonight. Not sleeping well makes me crazy, especially since I already feel fatigued 24/7. Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep, I listen to spa/mediation type music. I put my earphones in and it plays from YouTube (on my iPhone). It's about 45 min long. I can't remember the name of the video. I'll let you know. It's so relaxing. I keep the volume low and I'm usually out within 10 min!

Sweet dreams...
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hope you get some good sleep tonight. Not sleeping well makes me crazy, especially since I already feel fatigued 24/7. Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep, I listen to spa/mediation type music. I put my earphones in and it plays from YouTube (on my iPhone). It's about 45 min long. I can't remember the name of the video. I'll let you know. It's so relaxing. I keep the volume low and I'm usually out within 10 min!

Sweet dreams...
    Kat
    Good morning! Thank god I got some sleep last night! Deep beautiful amazing sleep whew....I feel so much better already today. Took a while to fall asleep (mostly because my husband was either blasting the tv or crunching loudly in my ear eating LOL) but once I fell asleep I was out like a light next thing I knew it was 7:00 am. Kat let me know the video! I used to never fall asleep without music, I bet it would help.

Really hope tonight goes the same! My achiness has lessened a lot so I hope that was flaring due to lack of sleep. I feel refreshed this morning so far. Ready to plan my day...so many things to do today. How is everyone else's drops going Auburn, Kat? Are you sleeping ok now Kat? Did you notice the sweats and flashes are starting to fade? Hope so! Your so close! Its your time spring is in the air, perfect for kicking any bad habit and "renew" yourself.

I'm glad you got some sleep. That's weird you only had the insomnia one night. You may not need that trazadone after all.

I am doing great. I am on my 2nd day at 0.375. Wow, that seems like such a small amount! I haven't had any problems (a little sweaty not to bad). I'll do this for another 2 days then drop again. I'm still amazed I haven't had a hard time. And amazed at how well you are doing.

I can't remember, and I guess I could just look back....how long were you on subs? I was telling my husband about you last night. How great you are doing. He asked me how long were you on them, and I said I *think* not very long. We both have 5+ years. He's been on 6 or 7 years. (crazy I know) We were wondering if it'll be harder for us since we've been on such a god awful long time.

Anyway hope you have a good weekend. It's Easter weekend which means church, food, and dying and hunting easter eggs for us. Should be fun. I've got to get out today to get stuff for the kids baskets. They don't believe in the easter bunny anymore, but still want that basket full of candy and gifts.

Oh and man did you bring back some memories with your three-six mafia post. Back in the day (looooong ago LOL) that's all I would listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    I'm glad you got some sleep. That's weird you only had the insomnia one night. You may not need that trazadone after all.

I am doing great. I am on my 2nd day at 0.375. Wow, that seems like such a small amount! I haven't had any problems (a little sweaty not to bad). I'll do this for another 2 days then drop again. I'm still amazed I haven't had a hard time. And amazed at how well you are doing.

I can't remember, and I guess I could just look back....how long were you on subs? I was telling my husband about you last night. How great you are doing. He asked me how long were you on them, and I said I *think* not very long. We both have 5+ years. He's been on 6 or 7 years. (crazy I know) We were wondering if it'll be harder for us since we've been on such a god awful long time.

Anyway hope you have a good weekend. It's Easter weekend which means church, food, and dying and hunting easter eggs for us. Should be fun. I've got to get out today to get stuff for the kids baskets. They don't believe in the easter bunny anymore, but still want that basket full of candy and gifts.

Oh and man did you bring back some memories with your three-six mafia post. Back in the day (looooong ago LOL) that's all I would listen to.
    I was only on suboxone since the very end Nov, beginning of Dec. so 5 months total? On pain meds a year and a half so total almost 3 years together really and I was on adderall for 6 months straight until that bit me in the ass and I quit that. So my brain definately has had its adjustment periods. This past 6 months especially between quitting the oxy and the adderall. It probably will be a little more of an adjustment period for you guys. Mentally most of all....just getting used to getting through things without numbing emotions or having that extra energy. Working out would help a lot I'm sure to help boost endorphins. Just depends on your body though. Some people naturally heal faster then others. Just take it one day at a time. Everyday you will get stronger. I still feel a little weak and tired day 9 even. This stuff really clings in your system. BUT if I have to get something done (like my school work, laundry, cooking....etc) I have no problem getting things done. I think your biggest obstacle would be sleep. If you can have the help of that trazadone through the first 30 days then wean off that you'd be ok. Sleep affects everything.

Anyways...lets say worst case scenario it takes 6 full months for your body to fully adjust to get through any lingering PAWs symptoms etc (to be able to function at 100% without the help of any supplements for energy or sleeping help etc) If you REALLY really think hard and long how fast the winter passed, how quick last summer past etc. 6 months is so fast. This first month will probably be the hardest for you. BUT you see its not any worse then you feel now. Your a trooper you can handle it. You went 3 days with no sleep girl! LOL wow. That takes some will power. I think together you two just support each other...when one isn't feeling good hopefully the other is having a good day just balance each other out. Your gonna keep having breaks between symptoms some days feeling amazing some days like >>>>. Just take advantage of the good days and get as much done as you can and on the bad days just take care of yourself. You will get there. No matter what quitting isn't an option. Just erase the option of drugs...and take advantage of all the other options.
    auburn girl likes this.

Lol about 3 6 mafia. My brother was a fanatic he owned every cd they had. OH and lets not forget Bone thugs and Harmony. LMAO I know all their songs too. We all used to get together and smoke pot in my brothers room when I was a teenager.....he would blast all his favorite music. So it was burned into my brain. Those were the days....NO responsibilities. I was TROUBLE. Horrible....dropped out in 9th grade. I was the bad influence on all my friends. I pray I get lucky with my kids and school and drugs etc! They are very good kids so far but the true test will be the teenage years. I'm trying to keep them away from any bad influences. I am on them like flies on rice!

Just droppin by to see how ya doin before i get ready for work...
    you both.sound like your doing relatively well and staying positive and focused...
    you have really good advice gettin it for auburn girl...
    we are all lucky we have the support from our partners....that helps a lot

also having kids with the easter eggs and baskets etc...definately gives us a positive clean activity to do....
    and the kids are a phenomenal reason to stay focused and get off this >>>>

they are a strong motivation to do better and need us to be strong

anyways hope yall have a good easter weekend!

ps ya three six and bone lol... memories...just listening to the lyrics tho to a lot of it you realize it ain't necassarilly the best influence...i will say some hip hop can be positive andmind opening...but a lot of it ya know the selling drugs and gettin high not so much..
    anyways...have a good day.! Jay

Hope everyone had a good easter! Day 12 today.....so I would think I would be feeling better but I think my son got me sick. He spent the weekend with a fever and cough. I think I caught it. Sucks I was so looking forward to feeling better! Hopefully once whatever I got passes I will be feeling much better. Was a little tired over the weekend (could've just been me starting to get sick) Weds will be two weeks!!! Which went by much faster then I expected. The first week lingered a little but this past week flew by. I think if you guys prepare for that first week, (whether it be staying busy but taking it easier...or taking off and distracting yourself somehow) by the second week you'll feel fine to go about life.

Hey ther don't be too discouraged by getting sick...
    i read that when you quit opiates it puts stress on your immune system....meaning this is normal...
    i was never sick.when i drank alchohol i used to joke the alchohol killed any bug or virus...but would always get sick when i quit for awhile...

anyways a lot.of people.get a cold or flu simply because ther immune system isnt as strong at first....maybe some vitamine C and echinacea would help....
    hope ya feel better ...jay

Hey girl...

Just wanted to give you the name of the YouTube music track that I listen to for sleep. There are literally hundreds available, but one of my favorites is called "Relaxation: Relaxing Nature Sounds and Tibetan Chakra". It works like a charm!

Kat

I mite check that out too... sorta into that eastern religin stuff...ran into some hari krishnas awhile back and they were singing and dancing in the street...great energy....

another good one and i know i said i didn't listen to rap.anymore but if you download or you tube...`Not afraid' by eminem...i been listening to that one and it is my sentimets excactly...
    anyways...music definately helps...jay

Yeah I heard that too about the immune system down. I noticed my allergies acting up this year more then usual also. I'm just a little more tired then usual, feel like I'm coming down with something but all the other symptoms are gone thankfully! My kids are on spring break...kinda stinks because I was looking forward to feeling good this week. Hopefully this passes pretty quickly. Taking it easy today...and tomorrow its supposed to rain so I have an excuse for us to watch movies all day . Once the fatigue finally passes I will be so happy. Man I can't wait for that. Weds I have plans to go walking trails at this park so hopefully that will help. BET if I was exercising I would feel much better. Might have to figure out how to work that into my days.

Hey there Getting. Congrats on 2 weeks. That really is an accomplishment. You should be proud! It really doesn't seem like it's been that long! I'm thinking I will be there very soon.

Another good song is Florence + the Machine- Shake it Out. "It's always darkest before the dawn".

Have a good day!

Thats a good one! I love Pinks Sober now

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Yeah I heard that too about the immune system down. I noticed my allergies acting up this year more then usual also. I'm just a little more tired then usual, feel like I'm coming down with something but all the other symptoms are gone thankfully! My kids are on spring break...kinda stinks because I was looking forward to feeling good this week. Hopefully this passes pretty quickly. Taking it easy today...and tomorrow its supposed to rain so I have an excuse for us to watch movies all day . Once the fatigue finally passes I will be so happy. Man I can't wait for that. Weds I have plans to go walking trails at this park so hopefully that will help. BET if I was exercising I would feel much better. Might have to figure out how to work that into my days.
    Ya its probably tricky knowing what is.withdrawal related and what is a cold....
    and heh being lazy and watching movies ain't so bad!... i just had a three day weekend...and been lazy today.... rest is a good thing and then when you feel.better and energetic you can excercise more like you were saying....i know I've read that one should excerise during withdrawal.... i understand the concept but your body also needs rest too ya know....

so maybe light excersize but when i hear of people going to the gym during withdrawal.I'm just like How? ...
    neways hope ya feel better soon...jay

I've been exercising through this whole process and I think it has absolutely helped! If your having mild, maybe even almost moderate symptoms, then exercise is totally possible. If you're in bed and can't move, no...I couldn't even think of it.

I hear light exercise is beneficial but rigorous exercise actually backfires. Its really easy to injure yourself during withdrawal your body overall is weak and "in shock" still. My husband gave away my PERFectly good spinning bike when we moved! I keep dreaming of how nice it would be to still have it. I would spin and watch tv at the same time. UGH. I'm so mad. I used to go on walks in our old neighborhood it was perfect for that. Right now were temporarily in an appt while were building a house. So being cooped up here doesn't help. I could go for walks but ummmm this neighborhood isn't the best. I really don't want to walk my son around this place. There is a nice park I know of with trails but its squeezing in the time to drive alllllll the way there walk then drive back. I'm thinking of just getting a new spinning bike. They're so nice. Easy on the joints too, more so then a treadmill.

I might have to talk my husband into a new spinning bike. Or an elliptical! I always wanted an elliptical. My friend had one though and complained it hurt her knees and she had to get rid of it. She is much taller then me, I'm only 5'3 so I might not have that problem idk...she said she felt too tall for it. Anyone have an elliptical and know a good (cheap) one ?? (Cause good and cheap fit in the same sentence lol...

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Getting just a 12 minute brisk walk a day will double the endorphins I think it is in your brain. Read this from a well know sub doctor. Hope you are not coming down with any kind of flu now and that your feeling better soon. Congrats on getting to 12 days and will talk to you later.

Alex
    GettinItOverWith likes this.

Thanks! I feel better today, I think it's just a bit of allergies hitting me harder this year because my immune system is a little down. Sounds funny but some hot sauce did the trick, hot sauce on leftover turkey yumm...cleared my sinuses lol. I'm feeling better.

Hot sauce! LOL

I'm glad your feeling better. How is your little boy? I asked in my thread.

That's interesting to hear about the knees and elliptical. I have bad knees, I actually need surgery to repair a ligament?? I think it was?? Opted out of that. :/ For now anyway. My husband has talked about getting me an elliptical to do instead of running, which he thinks is going to really mess my knee up in the long run. Check craigslist. Always cheap used stuff on there.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Hot sauce! LOL

I'm glad your feeling better. How is your little boy? I asked in my thread.

That's interesting to hear about the knees and elliptical. I have bad knees, I actually need surgery to repair a ligament?? I think it was?? Opted out of that. :/ For now anyway. My husband has talked about getting me an elliptical to do instead of running, which he thinks is going to really mess my knee up in the long run. Check craigslist. Always cheap used stuff on there.
    The ligament surgeries actually help ligaments heal faster. They heal on their own just very very slowly pretty much the slowest healing parts of our bodies...and you have to take it easy so a lot of people opt for the surgery to speed things up. My mother in law had it for a torn ligament on her foot..she healed fully in about 8 weeks that's from start to finish after physical therapy and everything. But I understand your reasons. Just be easy on it and invest in a really good shoe insert and shoes! It helps a lot. I told you my husband has the bad ankle...they actually shortened one leg doing the fusion its about 1 1/2 inches shorter then his left leg. So he has joint pain from the imbalance when walking. He has to have the shoe insert support for his joints. Esp your knee. You could also try running on a softer surface like a (rubber) track? Stay off concrete and treadmills until that ligament heals! I would. Definately invest in some good inserts. You can order some online, the ones at Walmart aren't enough. I thought about the elliptical I really don't have much room for one :/ even though I know if I had a spinning bike here I would use it! I'm too lazy to drag myself to a gym. Plus the ones nearby don't offer daycare, and the ones that do are too far and far too expensive!

My son is good! I actually have 3, two girls 9 and 7 and my son who is 4. I talk about my son the most because he is the one home most during the week....How many do you have?

Ps: Hot sauce is the >>>> I love it...can't get enough lol...it works for stuffy noses...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-22-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast